The Beta's Daughter

Story Info
The Beta's Daughter is the Alpha Prince's mate! Wolf Romance.
13.9k words
4.58
2.1k
8
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I sat in a window seat on my Uncle Aiden's private plane, leaning my head against the glass as I looked at the fluffy clouds. Having an Uncle that is the Warrior Diplomat for the Alpha King had it perks, I laughed a bit to myself. It had been an amazing year as I thought back over all the training I had gotten to do with all the different wolf packs. I had trained in human form since I couldn't shift. No had seemed bothered by that. Curious maybe...but not bothered, they simply accepted me as I was. I am not sure if that was a benefit of being with Uncle Aiden or if away from Frostmoon...wolves were more open or maybe I was held to a different standard because I was the Beta's daughter at Frostmoon and I couldn't shift yet.

I was nervous about going home. My brother had become the Beta after dad was killed and Alpha Hudson looked out for me. Mom stuck by me like glue...but the three of them couldn't stop the unrest that happened when I trained with the men without a wolf. I mean, I have a wolf, the healer could sense her, she just didn't come to me at 16. So they called Uncle Aiden and he was happy to have me and take me on his journeys over the next year. His children were grown and married and had their own families and his mate had been killed in an accident a few years ago so it was just us and exactly what I needed. After training my skinny and pale body for years without my wolf, I was no longer the small, skinned-up, pale girl that left the pack lands where the air hurt my face 6 months out of the year and where the men hated sharing the training grounds with me.

Traveling through Europe with Uncle Aiden over the past year and training at so many packs throughout Greece, Italy, Spain, and Portugal...I had become strong. My pale skin had become golden in the sun, my wavy, mousey hair had highlighted naturally with sun kissed streaks and set off my dark blue eyes. I was short but I was solidly built and my body was hard as stone. As my 17th year wound to an end, my body started developing all the curves that the other girls had at 16. While my body was solid and strong, I had developed curvy hips and breasts just in the last few weeks. My entire appearance had changed but I was happy with it. I was no longer the skinny, freckled little girl without a wolf.

~~~~~~~~~~

It was my 18th birthday tomorrow and I could feel my wolf lurking but she had not come forward yet. When I woke up this morning, I knew she was going to come to me tomorrow though. I could feel it. I have been waiting two years to meet her since she did not come to me on my 16th birthday. I wasn't in love with returning to Frostmoon. I loved my mother and brother and wanted to see them, but I had grown so much since being abroad that I now knew, I didn't want to stay.

Uncle Aiden's next assignment was to evaluate the warrior program at Frostmoon that my brother, Beta Jason, was in charge of. So we headed to Frostmoon to "bring me back" and for him to spend 6 weeks evaluating and improving the training program before flying back to the Royal pack lands and reporting to the Alpha King as he did after each assignment. What he didn't know is that I was planning on going back with him.

Since I didn't get my wolf at 16, I also didn't get the ability to mind link and communicate internally the way all wolf packs operate. I had no ill will toward Frostmoon pack, but I didn't want to make my life there and if I had a mate, I didn't want to ever find them there because then I would be tied to Frostmoon forever. I know a mate bond would make me feel differently, but now, I didn't want anything to hold me there.

I jumped a little bit when one of the flight crew tapped me on the shoulder and said we were preparing for decent. I smiled at her and then buckled in for landing. Uncle Aiden was sitting across the aisle watching me curiously. I could tell he was deep in thought but I didn't know what about.

"Are you ready to go home, Lucia?" Uncle Aiden smiled gently at me and I smiled back.

I was happy to see my mom and brother and Alpha Hudson again on this trip. My father had been one of the strongest Betas on earth and my mother was from the Royal pack. My father met her when he was on his apprenticeship in Spain before becoming Beta of Frostmoon and my mother came with him. It reminded me that my destiny didn't have to be there on Frostmoon pack lands.

"I am ready to see my mom and brother again," I said genuinely. "But I don't want to stay at Frostmoon, Uncle."

Uncle Aiden did not look the least bit surprised. "I thought you might not want to stay but you will be 18 tomorrow and I can sense your wolf. She will come forward tonight and I am sure you will shift."

I looked at him in surprise, "you can sense her too?" I smiled, excited.

Uncle Aiden laughed, "Yes, I have several grownup children remember? I have been through this before." He looked at me earnestly, "I know you have no lost love of Frostmoon after losing your dad and how they all treated you. But you will go through a big change tonight and who knows how differently you will feel after your first shift."

"Yeah, I bet. Just have to feel it out." I said that to just pacify him that I was thinking about giving it a chance, but I really wasn't. I'd see how it went but I was pretty sure I did not want to stay.

Uncle Aiden was grinning like I had not fooled him in the least but he also didn't seem too concerned about it.

"There will be some royal visitors at Frostmoon while I am there." he said.

I was really surprised. We had been to the Royal pack lands in Spain several times between assignments but I had only met the Alpha King. He was very kind and good to me. He treated me like I was a valuable visitor and included me when I was visiting the castle. I didn't meet any of his sons and daughters or the Luna Queen because I did not spend my time at court. I spent my time out training with the army.

I wasn't the only female warrior and they did not go easy on me even though I didn't have my wolf yet, but I learned a lot while I was there each time and I got to practice everything I learned at each diplomatic assignment. I stayed with Uncle Aiden and trained right along with all the warriors and there were many female warriors throughout the European packs.

He could see that he piqued my interest and he smiled again. "Alpha Prince Dante is traveling around the packs and he knew I was coming here and thought it would be good to have me as a buffer. He is 26 and has not found his mate yet. He's restless." Uncle Aiden waggled his eye brows at me and I laughed out loud.

"And grumpy?" I said, still laughing.

"Yes, he's grumpy," Uncle Aiden said, laughing now too.

"Great, I will stay away!"

Uncle Aiden looked at me sideways still smiling as we landed. There was a black suburban waiting for us at the airport to take us to mom's house at Frostmoon. She still lived there with Jason since it was the Beta's house and he was the Beta now. Alpha Hudson's pack house was across the courtyard.

~~~~~~~~~~

Alpha Hudson, Jason, and mom were all waiting for me in the courtyard when we arrived. Mom held me like she had not seen me in a year, and she hadn't, so I get that was about right. I loved her, but dang, I had to wiggle away so I could breathe.

"You have changed so much, Lucia!" Mom gasped. "You blossomed! No more are you my skinny little girl!"

She leaned in close to whisper, "How beautiful you are! Did you shift? I don't hear you through the mind-link."Mom looked a little confused.

"No Mom, not yet," I shook my head at her. "I feel her though, Mom. It's going to be tonight. I can sense her now. Uncle said he could as well on the plane."

"I am so excited for you, Lucia! Can I be with you?" Mom asked permission. I knew this was because I had been away for so long and she was respecting me as an adult now. It felt wonderful and it was a relief to be treated with the independence that I had built for myself.

"Of course, Mom," I hugged her warmly again. "I love you."

"I love you too, baby girl," she whispered.

"Hey Squirt!" Jason was 22 now and Beta of Frostmoon. He had grown larger before I had left for Europe but now, he was ruggedly built from constant training. He was a man now for real. He hugged me in his bearlike grasp and I laughed when he picked me up and squeezed me and unceremoniously dropped me.

"Well, some things don't change," I said laughing as I caught myself before falling. "Except for how huge you've gotten. What are you? 6' 2"?"

"I am 6 feet 4 inches thank you very little," He looked offended that I had shorted him an inch or two. I laughed so hard.

Mom and Uncle Aiden embraced and went inside to catch up and mom was going to get a cookout started and sent Jason in to get the steaks for the barbecue. I lingered outside for a few minutes breathing in the cold, clean air Canada has to offer.

It was much cooler in Northern Quebec even though it was June. I have warmer clothing in the house but it's gonna be tight now that I have some hips and boobs, I thought to myself, laughing.

I had forgotten how beautiful the courtyard on the pack lands was. The stone pillars and flagstone grounds. The pack flag and the Royal flag flew from the center of the courtyard. It was beautiful and would be tonight under the full moon. Inhaling in the fresh air deeply one more time, I went inside to reacquaint myself with my room.

I sat on my bed and looked through my things. Besides my photo albums with pictures of dad and the rest of us, I didn't miss any of the things I had left behind. Chilly, I dug through my clothes and pulled out a pair of gray sweats and a pink T-shirt. Turning in the mirror to look myself over, I was so happy. My breasts strained at the hot pink baby doll tee and the hem road up just an inch above my tanned and toned navel. The sweats hugged my ass tightly and showed off every curve while they fit loosely and comfortably in the legs. The waistband slung around my hips made me feel beautiful. Digging my favorite sneakers out of my suitcase, I took my hair down and ran my fingers through it. It was full, long, and wavy with the blonde highlights from the sun glimmering at the high points.

I washed my face and pulled on a zip up hoody that I left undone to show off my midsection. Wolves weren't supposed to get cold but the weather here just didn't suit me. In Spain and Portugal, the sun felt heavenly. I loved to be outside and train. The sun soaked into my bones and felt so good. Here, there was a distinct nip in the air, almost all year around. I had no lost love for any of my classmates or the people that treated me so crappy but I was a bit excited to see their reaction to how I looked now. I hadn't had this womanliness for very long and I had never had a date or been interested in boys at all but I was coming into my feminine side and I wanted to explore the opposite sex. I had become sexually aware in my own body very recently after my physical changes became so apparent and I wanted to explore it...but not with anyone in Frostmoon. These people treated me the worst when I was at my lowest and I just didn't want to go there with any of them...but I could enjoy their attention for a while, I laughed to myself.

I walked out into the living room and my brother called out a low whistle and I stuck my tongue out at him. Frostmoon's other Beta, Jackson, had come over while I was in my room. He was Dad's dearest friend and they had served as Beta's together, now it was he and Jason. Jackson did a double take when he saw me and he dropped the potato he was peeling and got a hateful look from my brother, Jason, and a slap up side of his head.

"Hey!" Jackson recoiled from the smacking and shrugged at Jason and grinned helplessly as he glanced back at me. "You look different, Lucia!" Can't blame a man for being surprised! He came around the counter and gave me a big hug.

I hugged Jackson tightly. Jackson and Alpha Hudson had been dad's best friends and treated me well even when the rest of the men wanted rid of the weird warrior girl freak without a wolf. "Hi Jackson, it's good to see you." We smiled at each other.

"Let me get my boys over here for the cookout tonight, they haven't found their mates yet!" Jackson looked delighted at the prospect of me as a potential mate for one of his boys but I balked internally. No thank you!

I gave him a, "ha, ha," and a smile but inwardly hoped they were busy and couldn't come. His boys had been awful to me after dad died and I was trying to train with the warriors. They had bullied me and ridiculed me...calling me hurtful names. Jason knew this and frowned where he was standing and placing the freshly cut steaks on the tray for the barbecue but he didn't say anything. I think he wanted to see my reaction and when I brushed it off, Jason looked relieved. The last thing I wanted was to cause strife in the pack. I knew it was best for me to visit but I was not going to make my life here. I felt in my heart that my mate was elsewhere and that the Moon Goddess had other plans for me.

Uncle Aiden came back inside after he was over at the Alpha's pack house making his greeting. "Alpha Hudson is welcoming Alpha Prince Dante, Lucia, that's why he didn't greet you upon arrival."

I nodded in response, totally understanding. "No worries, I know he will see me later." I smiled, looking forward to tonight. My body was humming with energy. I knew the shift was coming and I felt my wolf in the back of my consciousness. I was excited. It was just a few hours to my 18th birthday.

My extended family members came to the cookout and many of the pack members and people I went to school with. Thankfully, no one mentioned my wolf or my different appearance although I was watched curiously by all the unmated males. A couple of the guys that I didn't remember much flirted with me mercilessly and it was fun to practice flirting with them.

Alpha Hudson and his boys came to the cookout late and we all visited out in the courtyard with a bonfire going and mom had all the lemonade and iced tea out that anyone could drink. It was informal and comfortable. All the people that had mistreated me growing up and after dad died kept their distance and I had the confidence now to ignore them. My year away training with Uncle Aiden, and visiting packs all over Europe, and training with them, had given me a new demeanor and deep seated happiness with myself that I would never have had if I had stayed in Frostmoon.

Midnight had come and I could feel exhilaration running through my veins. I felt my wolf come forward in my mind. I felt her becoming one with me. It was less of another person and more of gaining another part of myself. She opened her thoughts to me and let me feel how proud she was of me after my father died. Of the warrior I had become. Of the personal growth I had experienced. I felt tears spring to my eyes as my wolf filled the space that was empty. She was the puzzle piece I had been waiting for. I don't know why she didn't come to me when I was 16, but I was so happy to have her now. I was strong and I was ready for her and now I was a complete wolf and a grown woman.

I stood in the courtyard under the beautiful full moon and tilted my face up and let the moonlight shine down on me. My wolf told me it was time to run. Suddenly I was sure what to do. I felt her guide me. My family and the pack stood around and watched and I could hear them now through the mind link. I heard my brother say, you can do it, Lucia, I'm so proud of you. I heard my mother say, You can do this Lucia, your dad is watching, I know it. He's so proud and so am I. Then my wolf closed the mind link and urged me forward. She didn't talk to me in words so much as she spoke to my heart. I just knew what she was saying and what to do.

I took off running toward the moon and as I reached the center of the courtyard, I leaped into the air and seamlessly shifted for the first time. I felt no pain as I came down on my paws on the flagstone pavers between the flag poles.

My wolf ran to the edge of the courtyard where Frostmoon pack lands bordered the banks of Lake Rouxel. Ambling up to the moonlit water, I wanted to see my wolf...what she looked like. I wanted to see what I had waited for.

My wolf was spectacular. I stared in awe at my wolf form. I was a snow white wolf with sapphire blue eyes. There was not a hint of color in my coat...and I was large. My mother had shifted and followed me and she came up beside me and licked my face and sniffed my neck. I opened my mind link to her and she told me I was beautiful and that she had never seen a snow white wolf in all her life besides the Royal pack Luna Queen. I licked her back and glanced back at my reflection in the water. I was so pleased.

Looking up at the moon in happiness and with a grateful heart, I howled to the moon with all the feelings bombarding me. My wolf was so happy. I turned to see all the people that had accompanied me. My brother, Jason's huge gray wolf was there watching me carefully with approval. Uncle Aiden's gray wolf with black ears and a black tail was watching with his tail wagging. My mother's small brown and gray wolf was prancing beside me in pride and pleasure. Alpha Hudson's huge brown wolf wuffed loudly at me in approval and I felt so complete.

My wolf wanted to run. Turning toward the tree line, I bounded into the woods. My wolf howling with pleasure as I ran. I ran the borders and returned to the courtyard panting and exhilarated from the run. As I stood tall and strong in my large white wolf's form, breathing in the cold night air, I caught sight of several strange wolves on the edge of the courtyard.

Among them was the largest wolf I had ever seen besides the Alpha King's wolf. This wolf was his double. He was huge and black as night. His chest and paws were white like my fur. He was watching me. I did not recognize this wolf and he was not part of Frostmoon because I didn't hear him through the mind link.

This massive black wolf approached me carefully. I did not bow and I did not cower. I stood proudly as he approached me and sniffed the air around me to investigate my scent.

I did not notice the wolves around me baring their neck to this wolf as I stood watching him. He growled low in his throat but it was not a threatening growl. It was a curious, grumpy kind of growl and I knew immediately this was Alpha Prince Dante.

Realizing who had approached me, I lowered my head in submission and I bared my neck to him. He took this as an invitation to rub his snout in my fur and tingles erupted where he touched me and he growled deep in his chest with a contented sound. He rubbed his head against mine and the tingles sparked along my fur. He wuffed at me and I got a hint of his scent and I was immediately overcome with arousal. I breathed deeply and I didn't know what to do. My wolf was making a contented rumbling sound and it was distracting to my thoughts. My wolf's arousal was palpable. What is happening? I had never felt like this before and I could smell my arousal in the air along with his. I knew everyone else could smell it too.

Mate! My wolf told me, this was my mate! My mate was the Alpha Prince?

~~~~~~~~~~

My mind was so distracted that I involuntarily shifted back to human form. Without my fur, I shivered in the night and covered myself with my arms and hands to try and hide my nakedness. I was not prepared to shift back in front of everyone but before I knew it, a blanket from the pile mom had thrown on one of the courtyard benches was tossed around me and I was picked up in a huge pair of strong, dark arms and I was being carried across the courtyard to the pack house. I wasn't afraid, I was overcome with a tingling sensation and an overwhelming physical desire.