The Blackwell Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

That led them to open fields, closer to their inn, staring at the night sky while smoking Skem.

"Help me, I'm gonna' fall," Leah burst into laughter, as she rolled over on the grass, a frazzled yelp came from her, followed by more laughter.

"You're on the ground though," Raven snickered and got closer to the other woman, a genuine smile on her face for once.

"Hm. You're not so bad," Leah furrowed her brows as she attempted to look at the woman with a serious expression.

"You say that because you're high, I'm actually the worst," Raven laughed, but it didn't reach her eyes. Even high, she could still feel the guilt of her current predicament. She could use this girl again and again for luceat if she wanted to, and her remorse would be very low. A couple of years back she'd have never done such a thing, luceat had nothing to do with her mission. Her resolve in what she wanted to do was beginning to falter, and she'd do anything to get it back.

Xilrora and Raven stared at each other as the harsh words floated in the air.

"You want me to leave that badly?" Raven raised a brow, trying to gauge the woman's intentions.

Xilrora scoffed, taking a step closer to the dark-haired huntress, her hands glowed with energy as she touched the woman's neck. Raven hissed in response.

"There it is, you think I can't feel the same energy on you as was on Alvarack?" Xilrora gestured toward the black luminescent symbols fading on the woman's throat.

Raven sneered. "I'm not like him."

"You will succumb to the same fate. Now you will leave, before you become a danger to my people!" Xilrora's voice boomed. "With Luceat, or in shackles, you choose. As far as I'm concerned, you're a trespasser.

Raven's brows knit together in frustration as she extended her hand expectantly. Xilrora placed the bag in Raven's hands and the huntress viewed its' contents. Dozens of fat golden coins populated it. Her eyes glimmered with delight.

"Well, not for long, though I hope I won't be treated as a criminal if I go shopping today?"

Golden eyes narrowed with suspicion. "You're pressing your luck. You have two hours before I put your name on the exile list. Make do with that."

Raven nodded. She knew that Xilrora wasn't one to argue with. Besides, two hours was more than enough time to make a little pit stop.

Earlier that day Raven smirked as she rose from the bed and watched Leah roll into the spot she'd just occupied. Leah had loosened up quite a bit, even showing affection. Raven knew the young shifter was drawn to her, but she couldn't get too close. She hadn't the slightest idea what Leah's role was to Xilrora, and it wasn't worth the Elven woman's wrath should she leave her own mark on the shifter.

Still, when Leah woke, there was a bit of sadness in her eyes.

"I'm going home today, aren't I?"

"Yes. You finally healed, slow ass."

Leah rolled her eyes and got up, heading toward the restroom.

"Mm, I've almost had a nice time with you. What a shame. You'll come and visit me at the manor sometime, won't you? I'd like to smoke some more of that Skem."

Raven laughed and shrugged. "Perhaps, if it fits into my schedule. I don't know if I want to visit a nuisance like you."

Leah opened the bathroom door to shoot a look at Raven, who returned her glare with amused eyes.

"Come on," Raven snickered. "Don't give me that look, it'll just destroy me."

Leah ignored her as she finished up in the bathroom and came out.`

Raven was leaning against the door frame when she watched the shorter woman walk out. Her eyes traveling all over the woman's body, which did not go unnoticed by Leah.

"You know, I'd think you might want to visit me just to keep giving me that hungry stare."

"Well," the huntress laughed a bit, unembarrassed. "It's been an entire 4 days of you ruining my chances with anyone else each night. So, I may as well appreciate what's in front of me."

Leah rolled her eyes and displayed her middle finger.

"Nah, I don't want to get killed for touching you."

"That's not what I mea--"

"But I bet that's what you'd like," Raven's eyes had a glint of desire in them, as she stepped closer to the other woman, teasing. Leah couldn't stand to hold that look and turned away, a small smirk playing on her lips and slightly reddened cheeks.

She was used to this sort of bickering with the woman ever since they had smoked Skem together, but it was more driven than usual this time.

"Yeah, no." Leah responded, her voice frosty. Raven didn't push any further, she already knew she was dancing on a dangerous tight rope as it was. All she had to do was get the girl home, collect the Luceat, and be done with it.

As they made it through the clearing of Skyther woods and into Ysetal later that day, you could easily see the Manor, the biggest building in the City off in the distance. It had been so long since Raven had been home that she'd forgotten its beauty. The old architecture was still phenomenal, Delighted, Leah shifted into a bird and flew away from Raven, going straight for the manor. The huntress cursed beneath her breath. She couldn't stop her, lest she wanted to draw attention to herself, or accidently hurt the shifter again. She decided her best bet was to meet her there. Her feet glowed blue with energy as she sped through the City.

Leah flew into the window of Xilrora. The silver-haired woman released her book, one hand bracing on the bed as she propelled herself out of the bed and into a battle stance, her other hand outstretched ready to set the intruder ablaze if need be. Then, as quickly as she'd moved, golden eyes turned gentle as she recognized gray eyes. Still, something was tainted about Leah's presence that she couldn't quite put her finger on, otherwise she would've recognized the energy immediately.

The bird grew larger, feathers fading away and replaced with dragon scales. Xilrora's face reddened a bit at the site of Leah this way. She'd never seen the girl unclothed, and this was as close as she'd come to seeing her that way. Leah rushed at the woman and fell into her arms which opened welcomingly; despite how flustering it was.

"I've missed you Mistress."

"I've missed you too, Leah. Where were you? Are you alright?"

Leah nodded against the woman's collar bone and nuzzled her a bit.

"Use your words with me dear."

"Yes, I'm alright. I um... I went out and got hurt, then--"

The door opened and Xilrora waved her finger, the door slamming again.

"Knock before you enter, it's a very simple rule!"

"Yes Mistress, but there's a woman here by the name of Raven, she's claiming she returned Leah and demanding some sort of payment."

Xilrora gently rubbed her hand down Leah's back and the shifter understood immediately, releasing Xilrora.

"Is that true? Has this Raven treated you nicely?"

"Yes!" Leah's eyes shined with delight. "She's been wonderful actually. I know she wants Luceat, but if you would grant her pass to the manor, that would be lovely. I'd really like to spend more time with her," Leah babbled on excitedly.

"Hm, perhaps," Xilrora glanced at Leah. "Please stay here, I'll be right back dear."

Leah nodded and looked through the drawers for her own clothing, excited to feel soft fabric against her skin once more.

Xilrora locked eyes with Raven and there was instant recognition when she arrived at the main hall.

"Oh, Alvarack's mage. You've returned Leah to me?"

"Yes, I have. And I expect that she's worth much, considering her tattoo."

Xilrora's eyes narrowed. Leah's tattoo was beneath her left breast.

"Priceless. I'll repay you for your help," Xilrora spoke through clenched teeth.

"Alright, thank you. Can I say bye to her?"

Xilrora raised a brow and crossed her arms over her chest. "You wish to say bye, so you're intending to just leave after showing her such a wonderful time?" The implications were strong. Raven put her hands in the hair and chuckled a bit in response.

"Woah there, ehem, mistress, but I didn't do anything despicable to the girl. So, you can calm down. And yes, I want to say bye."

Xilrora's eyes flashed with a rage. Leah's energy was tainted, and she was buzzing about the other woman. There was no way something didn't happen. But as she scrutinized the other woman, she sensed no lies or malicious intent, she exhaled a deep breath she hadn't even known she was holding in.

"Fine, come upstairs then. But just so you know. She was hoping I'd grant you passage to the manor. What did you do to make her so fond of you?" Xilrora peered over at the other woman curiously.

"Smoked some Skem with her, she really likes it," Raven laughed, knowing this would piss the Elf off.

She didn't go disappointed, Xilrora's face turned red and her hand clenched into a tight fist as she stared daggers into the huntress.

"Oh, Xilr--mistress, it's okay. Skem eases pain. And her wounds weren't healing very fast. Lack of training for her abilities and all has made her a rather weak shapeshifter. But that's okay. She did heal after all."

Xilrora bit back the insults as they arrived at her door, as soon as she'd opened it, Leah was delighted to see the two. She'd changed into a long flowing emerald pajama robe.

"Raven wanted to say goodbye," Xilrora cut to the chase, not wanting to have the huntress around for long.

Leah's eyes widened, and she looked disappointed, as her eyes darted between the two.

"But mistress, I thought you'd give her passage to the manor," Leah said slightly accusatory toward Xilrora, which through her off.

Xilrora tilted her head and offered a forced smile. "Well, I never said I would. Even so, Raven doesn't wish to—"

"Actually, I've changed my mind, who am I to turn down such a kind offer from you mistress? I'd love passage to the manor," Raven disrupted. Although inside, Xilrora was filled with fury, she did nothing to show it outwardly. Still Raven could sense her rage. She delighted in it.

"Wonderful then, no need for goodbye's here, but let me speak with you outside for a bit."

That led to their stand-off outside.

Pending exile from the City, Raven buried her Luceat at the border of the woods and took a trip to the manor, slipping by unnoticed with an invisibility spell. Xilrora never did say she couldn't bring a friend.

She snuck up to the woman's room and opened the door, her entire body glowing with energy to remain undetected. Luckily for her, Xilrora wasn't in the room, making things that much easier. The shapeshifter was fast asleep, and again, Raven used her magic in a morally questionable way. She silenced the shifter, not wanting to risk whether she'd comply, then, she shook her slightly till she woke, when she tried to speak and realized she'd been silenced, she gave the huntress a deadpan look.

"Come on, we're gonna' go on an adventure. It'll be a lot more fun than the past four days. What do you say? Xilrora wouldn't grant me passage to the manor. She lied, I'm exiled."

Leah tilted her head curiously. Trying to compute what had just been said to her. Why would Xilrora lie? Why wasn't Raven granted passage? She tried to process all of this when Raven's hand grabbed hers and pulled. Leah rose from the bed and Raven headed toward the window.

"When I jump, shift into something big enough to catch me, and then go to the border of the woods, okay?"

Raven didn't even look to see if the shifter had agreed to comply or not. Though, Leah couldn't very well let the huntress fall to her death. Besides, she did want to have more adventure. As much as she loved being in the manor with Xilrora, it just wasn't fulfilling, she had to experience the world some more, and then she'd come back. Xilrora would forgive her.

Leah kicked at the bed and Raven turned from the window, observing as Leah grabbed a notebook, ripped a paper and wrote on it with a quilled pen. She wrote a note reading 'I'll be back, I love you. -Leah,' and set it on the bed. Raven got a look at it and when she turned to the window she rolled her eyes. If Leah had only known what she'd known, she'd never want to come back to this woman's manor.

12