The Boss Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I gave them both a short look as we sat down but then faced the judge from that point on.

The hearing went pretty much as we expected. The judge first admonished her attorney for even coming up with such a piss poor agreement. Then the judge gave them both a chance to withdraw the petition or face perjury charges. Toni's attorney couldn't agree any faster if you shot him out of a cannon. I imagine he only filed at her insistence. The Lord only knows what she thought she was going to get out of it. Maybe she thought she could speak to me and tell me how much of an ass I am.

After the ruling Jerry and I stood to make our way out. Connie jumped in front of us. "Stop, Cal, I need to speak with you. I am pregnant and you are the father. When are you going to come home?"

I didn't respond. She went a little haywire and grabbed my stinky lapels. "Please, I am your wife and I have rights. You have to talk with me. I need you here beside me. Come home and let's hash this out."

I twisted her hands just enough to make her release me. The bailiff was watching very closely. "You have no right to speak to me. None whatsoever. By the way you sold our home so there is no 'home' to go to talk.

Get a lawyer and file for divorce then maybe I will have to talk to you. I would think you would be in a hurry to marry your skank. By the way, make her pay for your offspring. I don't know why you believe I am the father. You will have to prove it to me. The last time I soiled my dick in your diseased cunt you were still on birth control. I quote, 'I'm not ready to give up my modeling career yet so no kids until then.' Unquote."

She tried to grab me again. I looked over at the bailiff. "Doesn't this constitute battery? Or is it assault or false imprisonment? I do not want this woman to touch me at any time."

He hurried over and led Connie away. The whole time Toni was just standing there. She finally spoke. "I can't imagine why you are so mean to treat the woman who loves you this way. What kind of man are you?"

"I am the kind of man who doesn't share. I am the kind of man who refuses to forgive sin against him when there are no guilt feelings by the sinners. I am the kind of man who finally has the blinders off and see bitches for what they are. Skanks and whores all of them who betray others. I am also the kind of man who doesn't want to ever talk to anyone who has done him wrong again in this lifetime."

I strode out of the courtroom, went straight to my car and headed back to the only home I had left, a place where the cows and most of the people didn't judge.

Nancy and Jim Bell had become kind of surrogate parents or, at least, kindly aunt and uncle since I had come to work for them. I had explained why I was on the lam, so to speak, and why I didn't want to do any design work for the near future. They understood but didn't fully agree with me. I guess Nancy really wanted me to be that spokesperson for the industry.

I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I still kept a sketch pad next to my bed. The rooms were small in the bunkhouse but there was some privacy. Quite a few nights I was either up late with ideas running around my head or waking at odd hours to doodle a little. Yes, the ideas were coming on a campaign for the dairy industry featuring Flossie. Nancy and Jim needed someone else to be the point person, someone with name recognition. That person also needed to be camera friendly. That certainly was not me.

I let it slip one day that I had some ideas about supporting the dairy industry and Nancy almost jumped across the table. "What do you have? When can I see it? You have to let us in."

I smiled at her. "Soon. I am developing the concepts so that you can take them to whomever you wish. The dairy board or the beef board might be the place to start, as it can be tailored to any particular animal. Heck, you could even substitute a chicken or a pig and get the same message out. Right now it features Flossie. When it is fully storyboarded out an ad agency can take it and make it real. They would find the right celebrity voice for the narration and the right look for the model. I won't copyright it so there will be nothing to stop you from using the whole design how you wish."

She hugged me until I reminded her that I had a paying job to get back to. She grinned and slapped me on the back. "Like your boss is going to fire you. Okay, get to work and get that project done too."

Jerry finally received paperwork concerning a separation agreement. Connie was asking for a lot of child support. I said no and he sent the papers back unsigned. Next came the divorce papers and now she was asking for even more money and marital counseling. Jim countered with her relationship with Toni and that I was not admitting to parentage. A DNA request was made. The judge put the whole thing on hold until the baby was born. Potential child support was reduced due to my low wages.

(I wasn't making much more than minimum wage at my dairy job. I did get room and board that was not part of my earnings statement so it didn't appear on any paperwork for the divorce.)

Anyhow, I finished the storyboard and gave all of my ideas to the Bells. They were on the Dairy board and made their presentation and it was unanimously accepted. Money was soon allocated. Some of my drawings of Flossie were going to be used as a model in a CGI animation. They found a country star, who grew up on a dairy, to be the voice of Flossie and was very in tune with the trials of fighting the Vegan crowd.

Another celebrity with a deep country drawl was chosen for the narration of other pieces. Then came the ultimate surprise. They chose a former model, now heavily pregnant, to be the focus of this and future ads.

Yep, Constance Reynolds-Sanders was to be the face of the dairy industry. Nancy explained that they were going to get many pictures and video clips of her now as a pregnant woman using dairy products to help develop her fetus. After the baby was born there would be ads made to show the benefit of dairy products in the development of the child.

Nancy knew the possibility of the baby being mine but that wasn't stopping their plans. If Constance's baby wasn't right for the role they would do a search for an appropriate baby star that might grow into a child model if needed.

The Bells didn't hesitate to tell anyone who asked where the campaign came from even though I had not copyrighted the material or asked for compensation. A check for $10,000 was delivered one day by my bosses from the Dairy Board and the other meat boards sent their representatives to talk with me on how to adapt my ideas to their needs.

Soon I needed an office as the small bedroom at the dairy was far too small for conducting business and sleeping in. The Bells came through again for me. There was an old small commercial building in Raynardville that had been empty for a long time. I don't really want to say how long but the first thing I had to do was replace some small windows and have the resident birds and vermin removed before I could even start to clean. The Bells wisely told me I no longer had a job with them unless my new project didn't work out. They did this with a smile and a comment about how I needed to get back to what I did best.

I registered the name Agri Design Solutions and got with a banker and an accountant to set up the appropriate bank accounts and get the proper business tax numbers applied for. The $10,000 check was deposited in the new account. My burner phone number was listed as the business number for now. I also arranged to get internet access quickly so I could respond to the other meat boards by email or text as necessary.

Early one morning I had my dingy clothes on as I was needing to do a deep cleaning of my new office space. Luckily it also had a small apartment in the back that I was intending on living in for the near future. I was surprised when I unlocked the door and the space was not only gleaming from the cleaning fairies but there was mismatched office furniture filling the old showroom space. It looked like at least ten people could comfortably work and there was also space left over for a conference/meeting space.

I was completely speechless as I stepped back outside and realized that there was also new paint on the front window announcing that this was the home of Agri Design Solutions. I went back in and headed to the apartment space. I figured I would need to spend the whole day there cleaning but again I was amazed at the transformation. It was cleaned and used, but very sturdy, furniture was filling the space. I also had some visitors. Nancy and Jim were standing there with huge grins on their faces. They quickly introduced me to the mayor and the head of the area chamber of commerce who had arranged the cleaning and furnishing of the space. As the mayor put it, "We are in a dying town. Any new business needs every bit of support that we can give."

The head of the Chamber of Commerce echoed that statement and handed me a list. "These are area farmers and ranchers who want to talk with you as soon as possible. They have seen how the Bells are branding themselves and want to join the ranks." He pointed at one name in particular. "This lady is on the board for the soybean advocacy and wants to discuss how to market their soybeans better. Even though the Vegans are for soybeans the average person has a negative perception based on that."

I was humbled and overwhelmed. "I thank you all but I am just one man. I don't know if I can accommodate all this very quickly. I also thank you for furnishing the space to appear that multiple people work here but I don't think that is feasible right now. I have apparently just opened the business."

Nancy took over. "I don't think you will have any trouble concerning help because I have been in contact with one of your old coworkers. You remember Jenifer, don't you?" I nodded.

"Well, Zapiro is apparently in deep trouble. The last payroll bounced and the entire staff walked out. According to Jen, without your leadership and inspiration the whole place fell apart. This was also why we got Constance to come on board. She saw the writing on the wall and got out. Unfortunately she is maintaining her personal relationship with, what's her name, oh yes, Toni but she doesn't work there anymore."

She took a breath as I internalized this news then she continued. "Anyhow, to make a long story short, once I told her that you were starting a new design company she wanted to know how to get on board. She and a few others will be here tomorrow. The rest of your old team are working on either moving here, even in RV's if that is necessary, or working remotely via Zoom."

I needed to sit down. Thankfully the dining chair was sturdy as I collapsed into it. I couldn't find my voice as I tried to line up every comment and concern I had. It was one thing to start a new business as a sole proprietor and sole employee but having multiple employees, some of whom are moving a considerable distance, on the first day of business was very daunting. How do I proceed?

I voiced my concern. Nancy waved a hand at me as though that was not worthy of discussion. "I have a person in mind to help you get up and running. She will be here later if you wish to talk with her." The others must have known about this person as all nodded their agreement. I nodded my permission. The mayor quickly made a phone call.

"I guess I need to take some kind of command." Everyone chuckled as I continued. "Do we have any coffee here? I think we all need a cup and then retire to the nice meeting area I saw in the front where we can all sit and relax as we go through all that you have accomplished."

I am used to life in a small city but I was unprepared for what happened next. The mayor's phone call brought a huge group of people into my new business office. Coffee, tea, lemonade were soon on a desk while coffee cakes and Danish pastries of every kind were on another desk. People kept coming and going throughout the morning, all with the same welcoming message. Names were dropped. A couple I recognized from the list I had glanced at of potential clients. Most of them told me that they wanted to talk business when I was ready.

Finally the mayor, Tom Blevins, brought over someone specific to meet me. "Cal, this is my daughter, Emily Toklin. She is very well qualified to help manage your business and has just moved from Detroit back here to live. I believe she can be the person you need."

Once again I was speechless for a couple of moments. You remember Constance, my wife? She is a beautiful woman who made a career as a model. Emily puts Connie to shame. I wished for my sketch pad as I had to capture the essence that was this true vision of loveliness.

And, as I started to speak with her, she had no clue of what a vision she was. She was the most down to earth and organized person I had ever met. We sat amongst the throng of well wishers and had a deep conversation of how and where I intended this company to go and grow. She immediately came up with a list of items needed to be accomplished to get us truly up and running.

As we talked I felt right at home with her. We also discussed my marital status and why it occurred and she informed me that she had just dumped her husband when he came home and announced that he wanted to move to a larger home where he could bring his two girlfriends in to live with them all. He wanted her to call these other women 'sister wives' and that they would all share and share alike. Emily was not in agreement and moved out the next day and came back to Raynardville. Her divorce had recently been finalized.

She had two small children that she had to look out for but her mother would help with child care so she could concentrate on Agri Design Solutions. We agreed to wait until later to discuss wages as the rest of the town's population was still wishing us well.

The next day Jenifer and three others showed up for work. We didn't have full internet access yet, those cable guys seem to take forever to install equipment and get the place wired up, but we could use a tablet to Zoom meet with the others.

One of my main goals was to get to know the new and potential clients better than just a quick meeting. Immersing myself in the dairy business had helped to inspire the ad campaign. I proposed that we do the same with each and every client. The designer assigned to that client would go to work in that field until the business was very well understood. Then would come the design for that company. There was some reluctance but when I trotted out my ideas for the dairy board and how it was the springboard for this new company all had to admit my idea had some merit. As we went on it would soon become apparent who was and was not on board with my direction.

I introduced Emily as the office manager and how her job would evolve as we went on. I admitted freely that I was not a business man and she had the background to keep us from tanking if we just cooperated with her. Emily then took over the meeting and worked on how timesheets would be kept and submitted along with expense reports. The lists of potential clients, starting with the other meat boards, were dispersed and teams were set up to see how and if my original idea would work or whether we would start fresh and come up with exciting and dynamic campaigns for each entity.

It didn't take long for our new teams to get busy. At least one member of each team went incognito to learn as quickly as possible about that industry. Because of that we had new and exciting insights to each genre and that reflected in the proposed campaigns.

The beef and pork boards each gave $10,000 retainers to make sure their campaigns were a top priority. That gave us a little breathing space for wages and other expenses. We also quickly set up some of the smaller local businesses and farms with logos and that brought in a few dollars to help.

I knew it was inevitable as I could no longer keep my location somewhat a secret so I wasn't surprised when the little bell over the front door rang one morning and my soon-to-be ex-wife made her presence known. One of her commercials had started to air so I assumed she would now be a celebrity and expect special treatment. I was surprised when she didn't act like a diva but just asked if she could see me.

Emily came out to intercede as I was in the conference area with a new client and madly sketching some ideas. She had already learned that I needed to focus on the job at hand while she took care of the running of the business. At the beginning of the day we would meet and discuss how we thought the day would go. At the end of the day we would meet again to critique and work on solutions.

I guess the conversation started out with, "Hello, I am Emily. I am the business manager. How may I help you?"

"I would like to speak with Cal, please."

"I am sorry but he is busy with a client at the moment. Did you have an appointment?"

Emily told me later that Constance gave a rueful smile at that question. "No, I hoped that if I just stopped in that he would speak with me. I believe he would never give me an appointment to see him."

"I am sorry but I am a little confused. Why would he refuse to see you?"

"I am his wife."

"Oh, that explains a lot. Please have a seat. Do you need an extra pad to sit on?" This was due to Constance's advanced pregnancy. I guess Emily knew from experience that the old tailbone sometimes gets tender as the fetus gets bigger.

Emily stayed close to see if Constance needed anything. She got her a glass of water and some coffee cake. A few of the older church ladies were so impressed with our new company that they provided pastries or coffee cake daily for us. I was contemplating setting up a gym so that we all would not turn into couch potatoes.

Constance and Emily made some small talk. I was so engrossed with my client that I didn't know she was there for quite a while. "I suppose Cal has told you about our relationship woes."

Emily responded, "Cal and I exchanged marital stories that first day we met while discussing how I might help him with the business. Since then there has been no comment, not even when we saw the commercial for the dairy industry." She paused. "He did seem pleased with your portrayal of a soon-to-be mother using his ideas to promote the industry."

"I was actually trying to impress him. His ideas are very good and should help paint a more realistic picture to the consumer. Do you know how he got all of his inspiration? He seems to know the industry ins and outs very well."

Emily was quick to smile. "I gather he went to work for a local dairy after leaving his last employer. He mucked stalls, cleaned milkers, dumped manure and then spread it on the fields. I think that might account for some of his background. Also, his former employers are good friends and come and see him every time they come to town. They have extensive experience in the field and would answer any question posed to them."

Constance seemed surprised that I had done manual labor as described. She had always known me as an artist and a graphic designer. She looked around. "Is there only Cal and you working here? I see a bunch of empty desks. How is the business doing?"

Emily gave out another smile. "Are you asking for yourself or for your lover? I understand that she has closed her business and is working as an entry level designer for her old company. Do you want him to succeed here or are you hoping he goes the way of her? By the way, what is her name?"

I guess Constance blushed a little. "I am curious because I want him to succeed. He walked out, actually ran away as I was trying to reassure him that I loved him in spite of appearances. I never wanted to hurt him. I just fell in love with someone else, someone I felt a love as deep as I have for Cal. He just would not stop to try and understand and accept." She stopped to see how Emily was accepting her comment. "By the way her name is Toni."