The Brass Statuettes Ch. 21

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

They shook hands and then Frank asked Tyler Smith to stay with him while he called the FBI.

**************

While Frank was on the phone with Agent Henderson, Al Crossman and Alvin were meeting in the Chairman's office.

"This is the wrong time and place for that, Al. Frank is the star right now. The big shareholders are behind him and he has this financing plan just about under his belt. I can hardly let him go now."

"I've got it figured out," Crossman explained. "We'll publicize Nadine Persky's investigation and say that Frank was asked to step down to avoid any appearance of wrongdoing, and so on and so forth. Besides getting rid of Frank, that does a number of things for us."

"You'll have to explain this to me again," Alvin said.

"First of all, we preempt the SEC. Better to get it out on our own terms than according to theirs. Hell, once it's out, they may even back off and deny the whole thing. On top of that, it gets Herr Mueller back on our side. And finally, it gives the company a squeaky-clean image in a time when not many companies can say they have one."

"It seems a shame," Alvin said. "Frank's a damn fine man. Doin' a fine job, too."

"We'll let him resign. He'll be better off, too. He'll latch on somewhere else."

"There's a catch," Alvin said. "I think he's got Blake Hart and Tyler Smith behind him. They might go if he does. And, we both know Jim Sweeney's in his corner."

"Yeah, but not Jason Lowell. I've heard that Lowell is thinking of jumping ship because of Frank. You could say it was because of Frank's animosity toward Jason. After all, Jason's a key guy."

"He's a wimp, and we both know it," Alvin countered.

"A wimp who has a PhD and a lot of credentials," Crossman argued. "It's not a personality contest. Sweeney will have to go, too."

"If we do this to Frank, you won't have to tell Jim twice. He'll be outta here, too."

"So you're agreed..."

"I've got to think it over, Al. I don't want to lose Mueller. At least, I'm standing pat until this R&D financing is put to bed. And, I want to think of a contingency plan in case I lose the other two. Then, we'll see."

"You better not waste too much time," Crossman warned. "I think Mueller is ready to bolt right now."

***************

A few days later Frank and Alvin were on the corporate Jet, heading for Chicago. Jim Sweeney was with them. Tyler Smith had been in New York and would meet up with them at their hotel. They were on their final leg of their quest for the financing of the R&D program. Chicago was the agreed-upon venue for a wrap-up meeting. All the players would be there. Even Murray Shoreham was flying in from the coast.

Once they were at altitude the flight would be a little more than two hours. There was a festive mood among them. Just enough time to nurse a drink until it was time to prepare for landing. Frank had his usual scotch. Alvin and Sweeney had their customary bourbons.

"Got any last minute advice for the presentation tomorrow?" Alvin asked.

"They've all seen the numbers already," Frank answered. "I think they just want to press the flesh and make certain everyone's on board."

"It's your show, Frank," Jim said. "You've brought us this far. Alvin and I are here for window dressing."

"I'll second that," Alvin said. "Without you, we wouldn't be here. You've done an outstanding job. You did it under tough circumstances, too."

"Thanks, Alvin. I appreciate you saying that. We have to remember we're only ninety percent of the way there."

"I know, I know," Alvin replied. "I'm not worried. I just wonder if we should have brought Jason along. The money's for his program, after all."

"It was a tough call, Alvin. Jason has a way of flipping out at the wrong moment. We could get on the phone and tell him to get on the red-eye and show up at the meeting. It's up to you, but if you're asking me, I'd rather not take the chance."

"If these are finance guys, all of Jason's formulas will just put them to sleep. I think you can handle it just as well in layman's terms, Alvin," Sweeney said.

"Besides, they just want to know how much of the stuff we can sell, not how to make it," Frank reminded him. "That's in my presentation. Jason wouldn't have a clue about it. If they appear uneasy, we can offer them a tour in Houston and a one-on-one with Jason later in the year."

"When the snow starts flying up north, they're sure to take us up on it," Jim laughed. "Okay, I see where you're coming from," Alvin said. "Look, I might as well tell you. I've made a decision about the organization. I'm going give up my President title. Blake will move up to President. I'll put Jason and all of R&D under him."

"I think that's a good move, Alvin," Frank said.

"Wait, I'm not through yet. I'm going to make you Executive Vice President. You'll continue as CFO and have Tyler reporting to you, too; and Blake will transfer Human Resources to you, as well. You'll report directly to me."

"Geez, Alvin, I don't know what to say. I just became CFO a few months ago. Maybe it's..."

"No, it isn't premature," Alvin said. "It's the right thing to do for the Company. It will give me more time and energy for strategic planning. It's all contingent on Board approval, of course."

"Well, I'll certainly vote for it," Sweeney said. "There should be Directorships included in that package."

"What's the timing," Frank asked.

"I'm aiming at the next general Board meeting in December. That will give me a chance to smooth it over with a few directors."

"You mean Mueller," Sweeney said.

"Right," Alvin said. "And there's just one other thing. We've got to get those SEC charges against you put to bed."

"There aren't any charges," Frank reminded him. "All I had is an unpleasant conversation with Ms. Nadine Persky. They've sent nothing. I think I agree with Tyler on this."

"Al Crossman says we could straighten it out with them by just admitting to some misunderstanding. He says that they need to save face. They'd give us a slap and it would be behind us. Then we wouldn't have to check the mail everyday for that woman's letter."

"I don't know," Frank said. "I don't think we can trust them."

"Al thinks we can."

"We should discuss it later," Sweeney said. "For now, let's toast our new Director."

***************

While the three men were in the air on their way to Chicago, Brenda was sipping on a soft drink as she was seated across the veranda table from Gloria.

"The rest of the girls will be here any minute," she told Gloria.

"They all know we're working out in the mini-gym after the meeting?" Gloria asked.

"That's why I'm drinking this soft drink instead of something with a kick," Brenda answered. "Yes, I told them."

Indeed, Brenda and Gloria were both in leotards. The September air was a little crisp, so they wore nylon warm-ups over their skin-tight suits.

It's a nice day," Gloria commented.

It was a nice day, in Brenda's view, too. Reconciliation was in the offing. Even Trudy was on her way. That meant more than just renewed goodwill. There would be a full contingent of cadets filling the ranks once again, ready to lend their time and husbands' money to the projects at hand. Brenda had arranged it all. Gloria might have been thinking that they were rallying around her. Brenda knew better—and that was enough for her.

"Señora—Señora," Juana's happy voice sang out. "Ees Señora Trudy. Chee ees een dee drive-way."

Yes, Brenda had even made Juana happy. It was going to be a good day.

"Send her out when she gets here," Gloria ordered. She turned to Brenda. "You'd figure she'd be the first to arrive."

Brenda puzzled over the meaning of what Gloria said. She felt a twinge of alarm. Whenever Gloria uttered such a comment the question wasn't if it meant something, but what it meant. That was often a confusing puzzle. While Brenda wondered about it, Trudy sprang though the door.

"Hi, Gloria, Brenda," she smiled.

Gloria jumped from her chair and ran to where Trudy stood. Without asking if she could, she hugged her guest.

"Trudy! I'm so glad you've come back to us. It's been hell for me to think you were angry after the pool party. Please say you forgive me."

"Well—bygones and all that," Trudy smiled. "Let's just forget it."

"You know, Frank was so much help to me with the Foundation finances the other night," Gloria said.

"He didn't say much about it," Trudy said. "He's been awfully busy lately. I didn't even have a chance to tell him about getting invited over here."

"I think he's with Alvin in Chicago," Gloria said.

Trudy was dressed in burnt-orange and white. She wore a white fleece sweatpants and sweatshirt. The shirt was adorned with the familiar longhorn steer with TEXAS emblazoned beneath it.

"I like your exercise clothes," Brenda said, stifling a snicker.

"Do you like it?" Trudy laughed. She stood up straight and stretched the sweatshirt to model it for them. "I had my daughter send it to me from college. It's actually a man's model. They didn't have a female one that was long enough to fit me."

"It will do nicely," Brenda said.

"I don't belong to a gym, or anything," Trudy went on. "I know you all probably have fancier things."

"It will be fine," Gloria confirmed.

At that moment Darlene and Ashley bounded through the French doors of the veranda. They each wore a nylon warm-up, like Brenda and Gloria. Gloria greeted them and gave each a hug. Brenda smiled because everything was going just perfectly.

"Look at Trudy's outfit," Gloria said. "Isn't it darling?"

"I'll say," Ashley said. She let out a whistle. Brenda thought it was a little bit patronizing, and she hadn't forgotten that it was Ashley's barbs that had started off all the trouble with Trudy in the first place. It occurred to Brenda—but obviously not to Ashley—that a quick apology might have been in order. "Trudy isn't the smartest girl in town, but she's smart enough."

The five women chatted for a while and drank a glass of juice in advance of their impending workout.

"Let's skip the meeting and go right into the mini-gym," Gloria said to the group. "It was just going to be a formality, anyway. Then, we can have a drink afterward. Besides, I've got a surprise for you in there."

The idea wasn't quite to Brenda's liking. She was hoping to get the work of the Foundation rolling again. It wouldn't have hurt to get serious for a few minutes. But Ashley and Darlene whooped in delight. It was clear that the time for work had come and gone.

They walked to the door of the mini-gym. "What surprise could you possibly have in there?" Ashley asked.

"Open the door and find out," Gloria said. Brenda saw that smirk on Gloria that told her to be ready for something unexpected.

"Oh my!" Brenda heard Ashley gasp. "Who are they?"

"See anything you like?" Gloria asked the group.

Brenda stepped in front of Darlene and followed Ashley into the gym. She saw Raul and Miguel. They'd been working out while the women had sat sipping on their soft drinks. They were shirtless. Sheens of sweat graced their sculpted torsos.

"They're here to help us work out," Gloria called out from the back of the pack as she and the others piled in. "They're my exercise boys," she explained.

"Oooww, they're beautiful," Ashley cooed. "Can I touch them?"

"I don't think they'd mind, would you Raul?"

"No, Señora. We don't mind." He flexed his pectoral muscle as Ashley gave it a tentative poke. She broke down giggling and ran to the back of the pack.

"What are they here to help us with, exactly?" Darlene asked. She was eying Miguel.

"Ees my cousin Miguel, Señora. 'e no has Ingles," Raul explained.

"I see," Darlene said. She sidled up to the younger man. Darlene eyed him and he eyed her back. "Just what can you do for me?" she asked him and stroked down his chest with the back of her hand.

"Any kind of exercise you want," Gloria answered for him. "I actually taught him to do a number of exercises. He didn't know any before that." Darlene turned quickly and looked at Gloria with wide grin.

Brenda took a look at Trudy, who had backed up to the door and was leaning against it. She pulled Gloria aside and whispered to her.

"Gloria, I think all this is too much for Trudy. I think she's going to leave."

"Nonsense!" Gloria whispered back.

"Gloria, if things go too far she'll run out of here," Brenda insisted. "She'll tell Frank and soon all the husbands will know. We better stop."

Gloria stepped away from Brenda. "You're so right, Bren," she said in a loud voice. "Trudy should have the first turn."

Brenda looked at Trudy as Gloria made her pronouncement. Trudy was startled. She looked from side to side, but everyone was looking for her."

"Come on, Trudy—don't be shy. Choose one of the boys to exercise with," Gloria entreated her in a soothing voice.

"You...you mean on the exercise bike?" Trudy asked.

"Come, now, dear," Gloria egged her on, "you can think of something more interesting than that."

Trudy's eyes became wide with fear. Her hand grasped the doorknob.

"I don't think Trudy's ready," Brenda said. "I'll go first."

"No, no" Gloria scolded. She took Trudy by the hand and pulled her into the center of the room. "Which of them shall it be? Choose one of them."

"C'mon, do it, Trudy!" Ashley and Darlene chanted. "Hurry up so it can be our turn," Darlene added.

"I don't think so. Tis isn't my kind of thing. I think I want to leave," Trudy said. She stepped toward the door.

Gloria's face turned red with rage. "No, you don't, Gloria screamed. "Not again. You can go when I say so!" She grasped Trudy's arm was pulling her back into the center of the room. "Help me, girls!"

Trudy was strong and Gloria couldn't hold her. Ashley, and then Darlene grabbed hold of Trudy and they all pushed her to the massage table. They were laughing. Brenda shook her head. She wished that Trudy would stop fighting and just get it over with.

Trudy was fighting the three women off. "Get over here and help us!" Gloria screamed again. Raul and Miguel jumped as Gloria called them.

"No! Help me!" Trudy screamed.

"Put this in her mouth to shut her up," Gloria commanded. She handed Darlene a rolled-up towel and Trudy was silenced. Trudy lay on the massage table. Ashley and Darlene each held and arm. Miguel and Raul held her legs. Trudy still strained against them. Gloria stood at the foot of the table.

"You'll learn to come down off your high horse," Gloria hissed at her. "Raul, show her what she's got coming."

"I think no, Señora Warner," Raul protested. "Chu says chee wants eet, but eet looks like che say 'no'."

"Do it!" Gloria shrieked. "Do it or you won't see any more of these." She threw a handful of hundred dollar bills on the floor. "Do it," she repeated. "Brenda, get on her other leg so that he can show her."

Brenda did as Gloria told her. She felt Trudy's muscles straining inside her Texas Longhorn sweat suit. It took all the strength she had to hold her down. Raul stood beside Gloria. "Drop 'em!" Gloria barked at Raul.

Raul unbuckled his belt. He pushed his pants down and then his briefs. His penis pointed at the woman being held down on the massage table. He was almost fully hard. Trudy's eyes widened and she struggled in vain once again.

"Get her clothes off," Gloria ordered.

They yanked the sweatshirt up her torso and pushed the collar over her head. "Gloria we can't get it off all the way without letting go of her arms," Darlene said.

"That's far enough," Gloria said. "Cut through the bra with these." She handed Ashley a pair of scissors.

Ashley snipped through between the two cups. Gloria reached in and pushed the separated cups to the side. Brenda looked at Trudy. She had no strength left to struggle. There were tears streaming from her eyes and she was trembling.

"How about some foreplay?" Gloria sneered and twisted the bare nipples.

"Gloria, I think we should stop," Brenda said. "This has gone too far already." Gloria didn't hear her, and it seemed no one else did, either.

"Relax, Trudy, dear," Gloria said in a syrupy voice. "Enjoy yourself. Raul is very good. I trained him, myself. Now, I'll train you."

"Please—stop now, Gloria!" Brenda heard herself shout the words, but she continued holding down Trudy's leg. She looked at Raul, who stood next to Gloria at the ready. He was shirtless, fully erect. His pants nestled around his ankles.

Brenda looked at Trudy, towel gagging her, crying and exhausted. Then she looked away, wanting to see nothing; but she couldn't help but see her own two hands clenching Trudy's thigh. In one ear she heard Gloria's wicked laugh.

"Now, get her pants off," Gloria exalted.

Brenda let go of Trudy and ran, stumbling out the mini-gym door. She ran away from them. It was time that it all ended. She cried out for help—for Trudy and for her.

"Juana! Juana! Help me, Juana!"

She hoped the maid was close-by. Juana hurried out of the French doors and onto the veranda.

"Juana—in the gym. Hurry!"

They ran past the pool and back to the gym. By the time they burst through the door Darlene and Ashley had let go of Trudy. Trudy was struggling for her freedom again. Gloria and Miguel had taken their places trying to hold Trudy down and Raul was getting ready to mount her.

"¡Madre de Dios!" Juana cried. Raul looked behind him and saw the matron staring at him with rage in her eyes. Juana leaned out the door. "¡José—José venga aqui ahorrita. Andale—venga ahorrita!"

Raul had seen Juana's and Brenda's intrusion and that made him stop. He hopped off the table and started putting his clothes back on as fast as he could. When Raul halted, Miguel released Trudy. Gloria continued grappling with Trudy, who was still on her back on the massage table. Brenda wrapped her arm around Gloria to pull her off. Juana joined her and they dragged Gloria off to the side of the group.

"It's all over, Gloria," Brenda said.

Through the open door, Brenda spied José running to the mini-gym from the far side of the garden. By the time José made his way into the gym, Raul had his pants back up around his waist. He was buckling his belt and Miguel was retrieving the money that Gloria had cast on the floor. Raul nudged Miguel toward the toward the door. "Yo creo que nos vamos," he whispered to his cousin.

José made a start at the pair and raised his fist at them. The two bolted out the door, too fast for José to chase them. "¡No regresan! No regresan—nunca," Juana shouted after them as they fled. As Brenda watched them run she was unsure if they heard Juana or not, but she was sure they wouldn't come back.

Trudy was still lying on her back panting to regain her strength. Juana nodded and José left the room. Juana helped Trudy climb off the massage table. She took the towel from her mouth. Trudy hoisted her sweatpants back around her waist and removed her sundered bra and pulled the sweatshirt back down where it belonged.

Gloria was panting nearby. Juana and Brenda had loosened their hold on her and she lunged at Trudy.

"I hate you—damn you." She struck Trudy once in the face. Juana grabbed Gloria, and then Brenda stepped in to help her. "I'll get you," Gloria screamed as the two women dragged her aside once again.

"It's over, Gloria," Brenda repeated. "Everything is over." She motioned to Ashley and Darlene to help. "You're going to your room for a rest."

"The hell I am!" Gloria shrieked back at her as she tried in vain to get away from the women's grasp. "You ruined it. I hate you, too."

"Take her to her room," Brenda said to the others. "Put her in bed. I'll be up to look after her later."

Juana dragged Gloria to the house, helped by the two former accomplices. Brenda stayed behind with Trudy.

"I screwed your husband!" they heard Gloria yelling in the distance. "Trudy, I screwed Frank! I can screw him anytime I want to. He's been doing Jeannette, too. They've been screwing for years."