The Break

Story Info
Damon refuses to be disrespected.
10.4k words
4.66
23.2k
93
13
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Damon Green shifted in the seat of his Mercedes. He was a university student, but the university is on break. He stayed behind to vacate his apartment, after the break he will move into a bigger apartment, because Bridget, his maybe girlfriend might move in with her friend Maisey. The conversations had been made, and Bridget was ecstatic, professing her love. Damon decided that he will ask her to be his girlfriend. Damon was rich, he had a trust fund, but also had his investment portfolio, so he did not even need his trust fund. His income was touching on seven figures now, in his third year studying Investment Banking. Damon grew up in that environment, and he started to understand the stock market at thirteen.

Right now he was on his way to Virginia Beach from New York, where he had rented a home for them for the duration of the break. As he arrived he saw another car. They had come down three days earlier, so he expected they might have made some friends. He immediately recognized the newcomers when he walked in. They were star football players for the university, the quarterback was Kyle.

"Hey, guys." Damon greeted.

"Hey." Kyle greeted with a smirk, his usual disrespectful demeanor. Damon carried his bag to the main bedroom and saw someone else had taken it. He walked back out and found Bridget.

"Hey Bridgy, miss me?" he asked.

"Sure." Bridget all but ignored him as she walked past, dodging his hug. Damon frowned as he realized something was up.

"I am taking the master, so whoever has their stuff there will need to move," Damon said. He felt irritated.

"That is my stuff bud," Kyle stated

"Well, I am paying for the house, so I take the master."

"Sure, I will move later," Kyle smirked again. Damon tried to connect with Bridget, but she was rather cold to him and it seemed she was irritated with his presence. She was friendly to the others though. Bridget did not yet know the extent of Damon's wealth, Damon had held it back because of the sheer amount of gold-diggers he had digging around him. Damon felt the disrespect clearly, and his anger grew. He made himself a coffee, and again Bridget came into the kitchen.

"Bridget, I thought it was just going to be us. Now even you are giving me the cold shoulder."

"Fuck Damon, stop being so fucking needy!" She snapped.

"Needy?" Damon's dropped his voice, fighting control.

"Yes, Damon, needy. Please do not make this the way you are going to be for the break."

"I won't Bridget. But I did expect some form of respect, seeing as we have a past."

"Look Damon, respect my choices. We are not official or exclusive. We are friends."

"With benefits, to your advantage only. I am sorry Bridget, this will not work for me."

"Suits me, please leave me to enjoy the break."

"Sure Bridgy, I will definitely do that."

"We can talk later Damon. After Kyle and his friends leave"

"No Bridget, I will not talk about it again. Go have your fun, knowing that the lack of exclusivity works both ways. Get the fuck out of my sight."

She looked at Damon with shock and saw the hurt in his eyes, then the rage. He could see she was in two minds, then Kyle called her. She shook her head and left with four beers, making her choice. Damon took his coffee outside and saw that even Maisey was rather standoffish. He tried chatting to some of them, but he was ignored. Damon sighed heavily, it was clear he did not belong because this was now jock territory.

He went back inside, pulled his laptop out. He blocked the credit card he gave Bridget, not in the mood for talking to her. There was no fucking way she spends his money without some sugar, and she was not giving any right now. He sat musing for a while. It hurt, he liked her. Damon would have been content with the visitors if she just showed a little sweetness. Maisey came in from the outside, and he followed her to the kitchen. Damon decided that maybe she will tell him what he did wrong. In his mind, Bridget was done in any case.

"What the fuck happened Maisey, Bridget, and myself were okay, and now?"

"She isn't your girlfriend Damon, so she can be what she wants."

"I thought th..."

"Damon, you thought wrong. You never asked her, so she is free to do what she wants." Maisey snapped irritably.

"So, you guys stay here on my money, but I am not welcome?" He sighed heavily, seeing the full extent of what was happening. "This works two ways, Maisey, she is not my girlfriend right now, and never will be."

He saw her frown at the statement.

"I would have asked her this weekend, but now I know exactly where I fit in." Damon continued.

"They are here for four more days, then we will give you attention, okay sweetie." Maisey was sarcastic and it pissed Damon off properly.

"Did you find an apartment for us?" she asked, realizing he did not think she was funny at all.

"Are you fucking kidding me, after what just happened? There is no fucking way, jesus. I will not be disrespected."

Damon snapped and stood up, walking to the bedroom, missing Maisey's shocked look. He picked his bag and all his other stuff up, walked to the lounge, and put it on the floor next to the door. He then walked back to the pool. It was clear Bridget was now fucking Kyle in the pool, bouncing and moaning on his cock. Kyle smirked at him again. Bridget looked at Damon and smiled cruelly before her eyes rolled back in her head. Damon turned without a word. He opened his laptop and canceled the payment on the holiday house, sending an email to the agent to explain the situation.

"Damon, I will sort this out." Maisey tried, watching his rage as he worked.

"Too late Maisey, I get fucked over once only. Now go and join the little whore outside for your fucking. I am fucking done!"

Maisey recoiled at his anger, he had never spoken to either her or Bridget like that and she knew they had pushed him too far. He turned and picked his bags up, then he loaded his car and left. It was after nine in the evening. He drove to Dulles, and did an eeny-meeny-miny-mo on his destination, then picked Miami in any case. He booked a boat for the duration of the break. The next afternoon he arrived and moved into the sixty-footer luxury yacht with full-time catering.

In Virginia Beach, Bridget was woken by one of the guys, and she was met in the lounge by the rental agent.

"Yes?" She was still sleepy.

"Is Mr. Damon Green here?" The agent asked.

"Just wait." Bridget walked to the master bedroom, but it was empty, nobody had slept there. She had slept with Kyle in one of the spare rooms. She returned to the lounge, Maisey also awake now.

"I am sorry, he seems to be out." She answered.

"Who?" Maisey asked.

"Damon." Bridget yawned.

"Bridget, I told you last night that he left, he packed his bags and left," Maisey answered.

"When will he be back?" The agent asked.

"He won't ma'am."

"He won't?" Bridget asked her friend.

"No Bridget, I am not sure what you said to him, but he is gone."

"He was so fucking needy."

"He was your boyfriend, fuck Bridget." Maisey could not believe Bridget. "You said so yourself, then Kyle came."

"He should have asked me, now he knows. He needs to stake his claim."

"As much as I would love to listen to your love drama, I need to inform you that the payment for the house has been canceled, you need to vacate by midday."

"No, I paid for it," Bridget said. She fetched the card Damon had given her. "Here, swipe it." The agent took out her mobile PayPoint and swiped the card Bridget handed her.

"Sorry miss, this card has been canceled by the owner."

"No, Damon would never do that."

"He did Bridget, I saw it," Maisey said.

"So there is nothing we can do?" Bridget asked the agent.

"No, sorry. Either pay or leave." Bridget watched as Kyle and his friends left without even saying thanks, and she and Maisey left, going home. Maisey had to drive as Bridget was sobbing bitterly, whilst trying to call Damon.

"That was the dumbest thing you have ever done Bridget, inviting Kyle and his buddies to hang out with us. You lost everything you loved."

"Fuck you, Maisey. I know. How can I fix it."

"You can't, sorry." Maisey hated the hurt she saw on Damon's face.

***

Damon was smarting and angry, he was used to rejection because he was not traditional dating material, being a bit overweight, but Bridget was something different to him, he was in love with her. That night Damon made a mind switch as he sorted through the intense pain of her callous betrayal. He searched for gyms and found one walking distance from the marina. The next day he joined and started immediately. Damon had no will to try and pick up girls even though Miami was flooded during spring break.

He barely made half an hour in the gym the next morning, but three weeks after arriving in Miami he managed two hours. Damon asked for a banting diet from the catering staff, and the weight started to fall off, he lost almost ten pounds the first two weeks. Damon started to go out a little, but it was as if there was no appeal. It confused him. He ignored his phone for the first three weeks, then checked the messages. Most were from Bridget, begging forgiveness. Maisey also sent messages, much the same tone. They would have to move into a dorm now,

Damon was feeling far less hurt now, but he is not a guy that allows himself to be messed around. His phone rang as he was reading the messages. Bridget was calling, she had tried almost a hundred times.

"Yes?" He answered coldly.

"Damy, where are you. They said we had to leave the house."

"Yes, I stopped payment. You and Maisey treated me like shit Bridget. Fuck."

"I am sorry. Where are you?"

"Miami. I rented a yacht."

"Oh nice, can we come too?" Bridget sniffed. "I fucked up, can we try to fix it?"

"No Bridget, sorry."

"Please Damon, why not?" She asked, sounding hurt.

"Well, when I left you were on Kyle's cock, and Maisey did say that we are not official."

"I thought we had something?"

"We did Bridget, and I was going to ask you to make it official, but you picked Kyle, so yeah. Those plans are dead."

"Please don't say that. I am falling in love with you."

"Then what the fuck was Kyle doing, shoving his cock into you. You were not saying no at all. You cannot claim to fall in love with me, but fuck everybody else."

"Please can we come down?"

" No Bridget, we are done, there will never be an us after your stunt. Please do not call me again Bridget, there is no way I want you near me."

Damon hung up and switched the phone off. He went to the front deck of the yacht, and sat in the cool night air, drinking a few beers. The next day he trained twice as hard, working himself to near collapse, and the next day again. His hair was longer, it was quite long before he came. Damon decided to not cut it. He stayed reclusive for the whole three months of the break, only leaving the yacht to go to the gym. His body was lean and taut now, and he had some nice muscular definition. He bought a Ducati motorcycle and rode back to New York, taking a week to complete the journey. His whole demeanor was relaxed now, as he had worked most of the rage and pain out. H knew seeing Bridget and Maisey would make no impact, he was indifferent to them.

He checked into a hotel and hunted for an apartment after arriving in New York. He found one in Manhattan with a view of Central Park, the commute will be a little longer, but his class schedule was outside rush hour times. Damon also found a gym close to the apartment, the exercise did him well in Miami and he did not want to relapse. He would fly to Dulles to fetch his car the next weekend. He ran into Bridget and Maisey the first day back on campus, and he was indifferent.

"Damon, wow, you look well," Bridget said, studying his face.

"Hi," Damon replied coldly.

"I am so sorry for what we did Damon," Bridget said.

"I forgave you, but we are done."

"So are we not okay?"

"Not like we were. I was so in love and you fucked another guy in front of me. There is no way you ever cared for me if that was your evidence."

"But I am sorry," Bridget said.

"I know because you realized what you lost because of your stupidity. Where is Kyle? Still seeing him, or are you his side piece."

"It is over, it was never supposed to be anything, he has a girlfriend."

"Look, we can be civil, but you will never have my trust again." Damon needed to get away from any conversation about them reconciling. He looked at her beautiful face and felt disgusted.

"Damon, I am also very sorry. You have always been kind." Maisey said.

"Can we try to be friends again Damon?" Bridget said.

"Yes, in the future maybe, but we will not live together. I found my own apartment. I realized It will become a free-for-all like at the holiday house."

"Where is it?"

"Next to Central Park."

"Wow, that is expensive," Maisey said, hopeful.

"But nice, and just the right size for a single guy."

"Can we come to visit?"

"Not soon Bridget, I told you we will never be that." Damon looked at his watch.

"I have a class. See you guys." He said, then he turned and walked away.

"God Maisey, I was so stupid. I am standing here, and I know he is the one I want, and I fucked it up." Bridget said.

"Yeah, I did not help. But the fucking was good."

"Damon looks hot now, no flab and those locks."

"Yep, definitely sexy." Bridget mused, then felt the loss. She always could get him to do anything for her. Now she knew he would never trust her again.

Damon finished the day's classes and walked to the bike. There were a few admirers around it. He started it and raced away, loving the throaty roar of the racing engine. He rode straight to the gym, and dressed in his gym clothes in the locker room, after which he trained for a good three hours, adding Taekwondo as well. The focus it required helped him redirect some of his frustrations.

Damon went home and, changed into something more formal, and went to dinner as it was way too late to prepare something. The restaurant manager was a tall brunette, with blue eyes. She was slim-built and was gorgeous. She smiled a deadly smile at Damon and seated him at a twin table.

"Will tonight be busy?" he asked.

"Not really." She answered, her name tag read Adrianna.

"Okay, I want to just sit for a while after dinner, so feel free to kick me out if you need the table, Adrianna."

"I probably will not, even if we are busy." She smiled again, then frowned.

"Damon Green." He introduced himself.

"Damon, I like your name."

"And Adrianna is just as beautiful, from the Adriatic region, also known as the dark one."

"Ah, you know names."

"Some, my best friend at school had a little sister called Adrianna. She would now be about seventeen, so not you. She is just as beautiful though."

"Why Mr. Green. Thank you."

"Sorry, I am a little awkward."

"Still was a nice thing to say. I have to go and fake smile, but we will grab a few moments later."

"I look forward to it," Damon ordered steak, and then had a glass of red wine, before switching to club soda. He liked Adrianna, her smile was not fake, as she claimed. She respected her customers. Damon felt a little stab thinking of Bridget. He had no idea she was so disrespectful, he was blinded by her beauty.

Damon was the last to leave the restaurant and grabbed a few more minutes with Adrianna.

"I live close by, so I will most definitely eat here again."

"I have shifted, here is my schedule." She blushed as she handed it over, knowing what the subliminal message was.

"Thanks, Adrianna, and I will not stalk you, I promise."

"I don't like this shift. I have such a slog back to the dorms now, and the subway is dodgy." She said with a frown.

"Shit, I would have taken you. I am also a student. I only have a bike now, with one helmet, I am fetching my car this weekend."

"Thanks, it will be fine."

"What time is your first class in the morning?"

"Ten."

"Same here. This is not a pickup, I promise you. I have a spare bedroom. In the morning I will get another helmet, then take you back. It is an offer, I also have a spare toothbrush."

"It sounds so tempting."

"I promise you, I am not that guy." She thought about it as she studied him, and then agreed. Adrianna had been seeing some things on the subway that made her nervous this time of the night. Damon waited for her, and they walked to the apartment a few blocks away. He made sure she had towels and gave her a t-shirt and shorts to sleep in. He put her clothes in the wash and made them coffee.

"This is a nice place, Mr. Green."

"I was supposed to have housemates, one was to be a girlfriend, but she decided to disrespect me." Damon gave her the broad strokes.

"Sounds like three months on a sixty-footer was a better deal in any case."

"I almost went to Monaco." Damon grinned. "I have not spoken Italian for a while."

"Well, now you can," Adrianna said in broken Italian, and she and Damon launched into a conversation, deciding to only speak Italian to each other.

"I have a boyfriend, a cheating louse."

"Why is he still your boyfriend, and how the fuck does he cheat on you. I would be too busy worshipping you to look for a loose piece of fluff."

"He pays for my studies, so yeah, I am bound."

"Shit, that is terrible."

"Yes, I feel like a whore." Adrianna started to cry.

"And if you got a legit scholarship?"

"I would dump his ass in a heartbeat."

"Show me your stats." Damon handed his laptop to her. She was strictly A's and B's, so she qualified without reserve. He pulled her student file and added the note, she now has a full scholarship from the Langdon-Green foundation. Damon was one of four administrators, it was a fund his father had set up, and it handed out six scholarships per year formally, but all administrators can add more. Her dean will get the message in the morning.

"Okay Adrianna, you now are the recipient of a Langdon-Green scholarship." He watched her start to cry, then put her arms around him. He felt her move her hips against him. Damon realized that this was her wanting to repay him, and he saw so much more in her.

"No Addy, those days are done. Say thanks, and study hard. If we do get into something then know this, I play for keeps. So make sure. As for now, be a buddy, a friend." He kissed the top of her head, feeling himself lose resolve. "If we do it now it will be incredible, but if we give it time there might be more. Your choice Adrianna."

"Okay Damon, and thanks. Can we try long term?" Adrianna liked that he opened that door because she was feeling his respect for her affect her in a good way. She studies his crystal blue eyes under his unruly dark mop of hair.

"Yes Adrianna, I also like that. Please respect yourself, because I respect you." They watched an old movie, then Damon ironed her clothes for her, which had her smiling.

"You are domesticated?" She chuckled, as she made them coffee. He did not miss her sideways glances, her slight coloring as she was caught looking.

"I am rich, stinking rich Addy, but my servants loved me because I made my own bed, washed my own clothes, all that. I am rich because I work hard."

"Okay, I am not rich." She laughed.

"You are wealthy, a smile that lights up a room, a sweet gentle heart, all wealth."

"Can I kiss you?" she asked.

"Sure." She leaned in and lightly touched his lips with hers.

"Thanks, Damon. I was particularly down tonight, because of the respect thing."

"Pleasure Adrianna. And next night shift you sleep here in any case."

"I will, thanks." Damon folded her clothes and carried them to her bedroom, then made sure she was settled. He left her with a smile. Adrianna smiled that deadly smile in return. She watched him walk out and smiled to herself again. He was something she never expected from a customer at her restaurant. He was nice, and she liked his lopsided smile. It was clear he was awkward, but there was a warrior in his eyes. She slept very well, feeling so much lighter. She got a text the next morning to let her know she had a scholarship, and that she needed to file paperwork that morning.