The Break-Up Ch. 02 - The Next Day

Story Info
The day following the events described in "The Break-Up."
6.2k words
4.43
6.2k
3
0

Part 2 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 11/29/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Break-Up -- Part #2 "The Next Day"

I have been encouraged to continue the story. Here is part two and there is at least one more to follow. This story is mostly narrative, not much sex -- sorry -- but I need the narrative to set up the third part and I wanted to make "Abigail" deeper and more mutil-dimensional, and hopefully more interesting and sympathetic. I hope you all enjoy. This story is part #2 and follows the events in "The Break-Up." You should read that story first, even though I have tried to fill in a few details. Lastly, at the end I reference two musical selections that are both easily available on YouTube. I encourage you, my dear readers, to call up the selections (put in the first few Italian words) and listen. This music goes a long way to defining the heroine of my stories. I enjoy comments and also welcome suggestions and story ideas.

Abi stirred, rolled over and opened her eyes. Where was she? She looked around at the strange room. Slowly the memory of the events of the previous evening came back to her. She sat up. She was still naked from the waist down but was wearing an open blouse and her jacket. She had obviously simply dropped into the bed and fallen asleep immediately.

She listened. All was quiet.

She looked around. She was alone. At least it seemed that way.

She got up and walked into the hall and stopped to listen. Still nothing. She saw the bathroom door open, went inside and sat down on the toilet. She had to pee badly. As she sat there she thought of Greg, their fight and her walking out promising never to return, Emily, the park. The park!!! "Shit!" She shook her head; did she really do that in the park last night? Did they really make love? She finished. Took some toilet paper in her hand and wiped herself then flushed the toilet. Wandering back into the room she noticed her skirt and panties and purse all in a pile on the floor. "What time is it?" She picked up her purse and pulled out her cell phone: 10:52 AM. "Shit, I have a seminar class to teach at 9:00!" She sighed and flopped back on the bed. "Too late to worry about that!" Rolling over onto her back she looked at her phone again.

There were several voice mail messages: a couple from Greg (delete-delete-delete); one from the department secretary:

Good morning Professor Saunders this is Becky, just wanted to let you know that we cancelled your seminar for this morning and will cancel your class this afternoon. Dr. Greg told us you were sick and we also got a call from a friend of yours. Call when you feel better and let me know what you want to do with Friday's classes. Hope you feel better soon." "Ok, good," She thought.

Next - from her daughter Katie:

"Hey mom, hope you're ok. Dad sent out a frantic email late last night that I got early this morning. He said it is finally over between you two and you had gone off the deep end. (She laughed) I told him to chill out and leave you alone. I won't say I'm sorry, but I will say it's about time. Anyway, we just want to know you are ok. But why don't you text me and maybe you would like meet Janie and me for lunch. Ok, text me. We love you, bye." It was nice to hear her daughter's sweet, happy voice.

She went to the messaging app to reply and noticed a text from Emily, "Hey, you were sleeping soundly when I left. I have stuff to do all day, but make yourself at home. You can stay as long as you want. Oh, I called your department and told them you were sick and wouldn't be in today, but you should call. Let's meet for supper around 6:00 somewhere. Text me a place. (heart emoji)" Abi thought for a minute and responded, "Thanks so much Emily. How about we meet at TGI Friday's. See you at 6:00! (return heart emoji)" Then to Katie, "Hi, just woke up. Had a hard night as you know. It's 11 now, I'll meet you at 1:00 at Panera's. Love you..."

Lastly, she called her department, "Hi Becky, this is Abi. Sorry, I'm calling so late in the morning, Thanks for cancelling everything for today and I want to cancel for tomorrow too. But I'm fine and I'll be in next week."

Becky lowered her voice to a whisper, "Abi, I know that something happened between you a Greg. He has been in a state today. He's locked himself in his office and we haven't seen him at all. He told me you wouldn't be in and then some woman named Emily called, but we have everything handled here." Abi reacted a little defensively, "Emily... Emily's a friend. But thanks for doing that."

"Sorry to hear that things have fallen apart for you guys, but I'm not surprised."

Abi sighed, "That's what my daughter said. Anyway, I'll be back next week. Thanks."

One more call to Dean Copley's office, "Hi good morning, this is Professor Abi Saunders, does Dean Copley have any time later today for me to stop by to see her. 15 minutes is all that I need." The secretary put her on hold and then came back with a time -- 4:30. "Great, I'll be by then." Abi disconnected, pulled herself out of the bed that was really only a queen size mattress on the floor and picked up her clothes and laid them out neatly on the bed. Then she removed the jacket she had slept in and lay it on the bed as well. Wearing only an unbuttoned white silk blouse she walked down the hall past the bathroom, past another empty but lived in bedroom and into a large living space with a couple couches and a TV, then through the living space into the kitchen.

"Hi!" A young woman was sitting at the kitchen table with her laptop open. Startled, Abi blushed, "Ahhh sorry, I didn't know anyone was here. It was so quiet." She pulled her blouse closed in embarrassment. The young woman smiled, "No problem, we all are pretty open around here. Feel free to walk around naked whenever you want." She smiled and got up from the table extending her hand. "You must be Professor Abi Saunders. Emily told me you would be staying a little while." It seemed odd to Abi to be addressed by her formal title while she was standing nearly naked in a strange kitchen, "Ah... call me Abi. Yeah, Emily let me stay last night. I had a bit of a personal crisis. She was very kind to me." Abi took her hand and smiled, letting go of her blouse.

"No problem. There is an empty room with a bed on the other side of the kitchen that you might find more comfortable than Emily's room. Feel fee to move in for a while. And by the way, I'm Rachel. I'm a grad student in the math department." Abi wandered over and looked into the room. It was small but had a single bed, a desk and a dresser. Abi smiled, "So nice to meet you Rachel, thanks so much for your kindness. This room will work fine for a little while." Rachel was slightly taller than Abi and pretty slender. Her hair was cut very short with green streaks. Rachel also had fairly large breasts that were completely covered by the sweatshirt she was wearing. She also seemed a bit more severe and organized than Emily. "Is... ah... Is there coffee?" Abi asked finally. "Up in that cabinet there and the coffee maker is over on that counter. Milk in the fridge -- 1%, hope that is ok." "Sure that's fine." Abi said as she started to pull things out and make herself some coffee. "I would expect to help pay expenses if I stay for a while." Rachel shrugged, "Sure, whatever, we can work that out later." She smiled and packed up her computer. "I have class. By the way, do you need to borrow any clothing?" Abi blushed, "Well, I have what I was wearing yesterday... ah in the room." "I'm probably closer to your size than Emily is, so if you need anything just go into the closet and take it." Abi smiled, thanked her and she was gone. "Well," she said out loud as she poured her coffee and put milk and honey into it, "At least there are no secrets! Both of my new roommates have seen me naked all ready!"

Abi's phone buzzed with a text from Katie, "Mom, Panera's is too crowded. Meet us at Iron Hill at 1:00." Abi sent a thumbs up. "Iron Hill?" She wondered, "Why such a pricey little place for lunch?" There was also a text from Emily confirming 6:00 at TGI and telling her where to find an extra key.

Back into the bedroom she dressed in her clothes from the day before, donned the jacket after smoothing out the wrinkles, put on her sunglasses and she was out the door and into her car. It was only 11:30, so she decided to head over to the house and pack a couple suitcases, which she could bring back to the house after lunch.

+++

Katie waved as Abi came into the restaurant. Removing her sunglasses she walked up to the booth and gave both of her girls long hugs. "Hey mom, nice to see you. You doing ok?"

"I'm fine."

"You sure?" Asked the younger one, Janie.

"Yeah, I'm fine. It wasn't really unexpected."

Abi slid into the booth on one side across from the girls.

Abi and Greg had had 4 children: 2 boys -- Rob 27 and Will, 22; and two girls -- Katie 25 and Janie 24. The four kids were all very different from one another. Will was the quietest and gentlest of the 4. He was bi-sexual and perhaps the one of her children that was the most like her. Rob was typically masculine, and reminded Abi of her stepbrother, Trevor. The girls Katie and Janie were both an interesting contrast with each other. Katie was very girly whereas Janie had always been rougher, physical and boyish, she was perhaps a bit more like her father. On this day Janie was wearing jeans and a t-shirt, no bra and a jacket while Katie had on a cute colorful top over a pair of tight spandex leggings.

"So, what happened?" Katie said after they asked the hostess to get them some drinks: sodas for the girls and Perrier for Abi.

"What did your dad tell you?"

"Janie answered, "Not much. You guys had a fight and you walked out."

"That's all he said?" The girls shook their heads.

"There was more to it than that, but I'm not going to go into all the gory details. Suffice it to say he told me our marriage was over, that he had decided he was gay and had a relationship with some guy named Mark who was going to be moving in, but that I could stay in the house if I wanted." She took a sip of her water that had just been delivered. "I did not react well."

She and the girls all looked up at the waiter who was hovering by the table.

"Hey Tyler!" Said Katie with a suddenly flirty voice.

"Ladies!" Tyler said, very professionally. Tyler was an old friend of Rob's. They had been friends since kindergarten. Abi knew that Rob and Tyler together had gotten into a lot of mischief over the years as kids, including participating and hosting some pretty wild parties in high school and college. What's more Abi knew that he was close friends with all of her children. The one thing Abi remembered about Tyler was how he and Rob used to try to peek at her when she was showering and dressing!

"What a surprise," Abi said looking up at him and smiling, "It is nice to see you again Tyler. What are you doing with yourself these days?"

"Dr. Saunders it is very nice to see you too." He took her hand and gently squeezed it. "I am working at my dad's bike shop mostly, but I needed to make some extra money so I took this job. So what can I get you ladies to start out with?"

His smile was infectious. Katie was flustered, Janie was amused, Abi mused to herself that Tyler had grown into a very handsome and sexy young man.

After ordering Abi returned to the conversation, "Your dad was really rather horrible in his comments to me. And I wasn't about to stay so I could be their live-in maid. He was not happy about that. I told him what I thought and then walked out."

"You did the right thing Mom," said Janie. Katie was distracted but shook her head in agreement.

"Did you guys know about Mark?" Abi asked.

The girls looked at each other, "Yeah," Said Janie, "Mark Hathaway. He's a vet. They have been seeing each other for a while."

"Wait, A vet? Is he the vet who I have been taking Hephaestus to?" That was Abi's beloved rather elderly cat. "What a bastard!" She said to herself.

"We told him to tell you," added Katie quickly.

"But we didn't think it was our place to tell you about their relationship," said Janie sheepishly.

Abi sighed, "It wasn't. And frankly I don't care that he was seeing this guy but I am a little hurt at the deception. And on top of that, the things he said..." Her voice trailed off, she felt tears welling up in her eyes.

"What did he say to you, mom?" Janie asked.

Abi shook her head and forced back the tears. "Never mind, it doesn't matter. He is your dad. I won't speak badly about him. He doesn't understand women, but he loves you guys in his own weird kind of way, so let's leave it at that."

The girls nodded, "Ok, but what did you do after you left and where did you stay last night?" "And what are you going to do?" They asked as Tyler brought their food.

"If you need anything..." he said as he placed the plates on the table.

"Anything?" Said Katie with a twinkle and a wink. Tyler took it in stride and laughed as he walked away.

"Oh god, Katie you are impossible! Thinking with your cunt again!" Janie snapped. Katie blushed.

"Janie! Don't talk like that! Come on focus girls!" Said Abi, "Last night... Well, it was all such a shock. I wandered around for a while and then went over to the Union and ran into a.... ah ... a friend."

"A friend?"

"Mother, you don't have any friends."

"Well, except for Celeste Howard," Katie giggled.

"Stop it, I do too have friends!" Abi snapped, a little defensively. Celeste was an old friend and her lover and sometimes mistress. Abi had known and loved Celeste for years, "Celeste is busy caregiving her sick husband right now. I haven't seen her for months." Though they regularly exchange texts and messages.

"Who is the friend?" Janie asked.

"Emily Petersen is a post-doctoral fellow in the history department. She is also a licensed psychologist."

"That's convenient," said Katie as an aside.

"I ran into her at the Union. She was very kind and offered to let me stay with her and her roommate for a few days. That's all."

"That's all? She isn't a secret lover is she mom?" Asked Katie suspiciously.

Abi blushed.

"She is!" exclaimed Janie, "You are sleeping with her. Your involuntary blush gave you away."

"You girls are terrible. She was very kind to me. That is all I will say." Abi was feeling defensive again.

"We aren't judging you, mom, everyone needs a lover especially in difficult times." said Katie.

"And Katie always has several at any given time," added Janie with a laugh. Katie turned and playfully hit her sister on the shoulder, "Stop it, I do not!"

"Mom, really, we're happy for you. No matter what the arrangements are."

"Arrangements, there are no arrangements! Look, I want to make this clear. I only knew her by sight until last night. She kindly reached out to me when I was feeling pretty low and then we spent some time together and I ended up staying with her last night. We do not have any kind of long-term relationship going on. We are just friends!"

"With benefits..." added Katie with a twinkle in her eye.

"You girls have your minds in the gutter. All you can think about is sex. For heaven's sake! Katie you are so obvious with Tyler it is almost embarrassing."

"The apple didn't fall far from the tree mom," said Janie quickly.

"Yeah, like mother like daughters," Katie added, emphasizing the "s" and looking at Janie who made a face.

"Well there is nothing long term between me and Emily and I will probably only be staying at her house for a couple weeks. Then who knows."?

Just then Tyler came up to the table.

"You ladies need anything... ah, I mean, right here and now?" He said with a twinkle in his eye. "By the way Dr. Saunders, Rob told me about you and your husband. I'm sorry, but maybe it's for the best. If there is anything I can do."

Abi blushed. "Thank you Tyler, that is very sweet."

The girls noticed Abi's embarrassment and looked at each other. Abi asked for the check and Tyler turned and walked to the waiter's station.

All three women watched him walk away, "There you go mom," said Katie, "That is what you need after you get settled."

"What?" Abi asked confused.

"Tyler!" said Katie.

"What?!!?" Abi was bemused and a little embarrassed.

"Look mom, you have known him, like forever and he has always had the hots for you. He could help you adjust to single life." Katie was relentless.

"The last thing I want now is a relationship with a man, especially one young enough to be my son."

"But," said Janie, "He is so cute. And he is a wonderful and attentive lover from what I hear."

"Plus, he is very big!" Katie said softly.

"How do you know? Is that reputation or personal experience?"

"Personal experience!" Janie said with a laugh. "Katie has had some serious personal experiences with Tyler, right Katherine Marie?"

Katie blushed, "He is sweet and kind and attentive and goes out of his way to make you feel, well special and pampered, and he is ... well.... Very filling."

"Filling..." Said Janie laughing, "That is what you need to reacquaint yourself with men, mom. One who pays attention to what you want and need for a change."

"Ok, enough of this silly talk. I'm not going to fuck Tyler."

Tyler had returned with the check and Abi just then noticed him standing by the table. She blushed and he smiled. Picking up the empty plates he walked away without saying anything. "You girls made me embarrass myself." The girls had started to giggle at their mother's discomfort. "Just think about it. We can arrange it." Abi shook her head and signed the check leaving a large tip.

As the girls headed for the door Katie stopped and gave Tyler a little kiss on the cheek and whispered in his ear. Abi stood, took a last drink of water and put on her jacket, Tyler stepped up and took her by the hand and kissed it. "I was serious. Anything I can do to help, just let me know." Abi looked into his eyes and felt herself melt a little.

"I.... I... might need help with moving some things. Ah... you know.... when I get things figured out." Abi stammered.

"No problem Dr. Saunders, have Rob call me. Or better yet I'll get your info from Rob and stay in touch if that is ok."

"Yes, that will be fine," Abi was a little breathless by this brief encounter. And her daughters standing at the door noticed and gave each other knowing looks.

Outside they hugged and Abi told the girls she was going to take a nap and then head over to the University for her meeting with the Dean.

+++

Abi watched the girls drive off in Janie's car and she sat alone in her parked car for a minute to catch her breath. She was a little sexually excited by her encounter with Tyler. She moved her hand over her body and rubbed herself slightly. Then she took off and returned to Emily's with the suitcases she had packed earlier. With effort, and a couple trips she got them into the back room.

She had packed fast but now carefully unpacked the things she brought and put them lovingly away. There was a small single bed against one wall, a little desk against the back wall and dresser across from the bed. It looked, however, like there was only the one bathroom that the three women would have to share. She set up her computer on the desk along with her hard drive. She pulled out a few things and put them into her desk drawers, including her toys that she placed on a piece of cloth in the top drawer. Next to be placed were a couple cherished photos. One was the photo of her and her 4 kids in a rather irreverent, silly and even slightly suggestive pose. She of course was sitting very matronly in front while the 4 kids were making rather goofy obscene gestures behind her. She placed that one on her desk.

Next she pulled out an 8x10 photo of her standing completely naked in a frame that she placed on the dresser. The photo was in front of the house, her hands extended in joy as if she was ready to embrace the world, and her nude body as perfect as it ever was. Her stepbrother Trevor had taken the photograph on her 18th birthday just outside at the commune/ranch in Montana where she grew up. The photo was also taken just a few months before they all moved out and left the west forever. This was a prized possession. It represented so much to her. First, it reminded her of her girlhood growing up on the ranch; it reminded her also of the important connections in her life with her loving family and some dear friends; secondly, it represented her spirituality that celebrated both her femininity and her sexuality. Much like the ancients who carved nude statues and painted nude likenesses of each other - especially of the gods, goddesses and important people like emperors -- she saw in this photo a celebration of her connection with nature, the world, her ancestors, her family and herself. This photograph represented wholeness to her. This is why this photo was the first thing placed on her altar that she now fashioned on top of her dresser.

12