All Comments on 'The Bridge'

by RichardGerald

Sort by:
  • 1,024 Comments (Page 6)
matuateneiramatuateneiraabout 5 years ago
A satisfying and complete ending to an absorbing story

It is amazing that people continue to comment on this story three years after it was written. I too continue to re-read it from time to time. It has believable characters even though we have to suspend belief at times. I really enjoy re-reading the ending. It satisfies me completely. Lyle was dealt a low blow by his wife which destroyed the relationship for Lyle, even though Gloria still does not realize this. There is no uncertainty in Lyle's mind. He knows that he and Gloria have no future relationship. Their future is one of ex-partners sharing their children. Lyle has a bright future of finding another partner for himself, and he does not have the burden of wondering whether he should reconcile. He has been set free from that burden of doubt.

ThematchthatBurnsThematchthatBurnsabout 5 years ago
At last an author who understands my user name!

He only ignited the pyre she built.

Time to make sure the children understand what she did!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Although he burned both of them a bit...

The husband is still a variation on the stock LW weak/cuck husband character. Any real husband would have told her not just no, but hell no. RG could have continued the story in the same way, but the husband comes across as the usual LW pussy-boi. In the scene at the porch the wimpy husband lets the bitch get by with several snarky remarks, any one of which should have received a reply explaining that her attitude demonstrates why the marriage was an illusion. Instead, he's not a strong enough character even to respond appropriately to her question. The husband character isn't convincing at all, although the wife is well done (as a matter of character development).

GymShortsGymShortsabout 5 years ago
4****

RG, you should of had him confront her a little more in the kitchen. He owed it to her to lay out exactly what would happen if she went through with it.

Other than that it is a well written story.

MichaelFitzgeraldMichaelFitzgeraldabout 5 years ago
There comes a moment in the very best LW stories ...

... when the damage is done. There is nothing and no one left to betray. Trust is gone and love is more memory than fact. That moment is when the best stories leave the ruined couple to face what's happened and measure what it means.

Can they go on together, or no? Does revenge end, or is it just beginning? Does apology mean anything? Is forgiveness self-delusion? Why are bitterness and anger better choices? When does self-respect become self-indulgence?

If you compare Bridge with Laugh (two of your best), in Bridge he chooses not to go on but to face the damage. In Laugh, he faces up to his shortcomings as a husband and finds it in himself to allow someone else to give his wife what he can't seem to do. No one tells these stories better than you.

Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
"Answer me this," she said, "Are you better off alone without me or would it be better with me and our kids around the Christmas tree tonight?"

Im better off without you. For sixteen years I thought we had built love and trust together and you threw it all away for one night of sex.

Love is a state wherein your partners happiness is integral to your own - do I look happy? Did I look happy at that day you whored yourself out? Cause thats what you are by your own admission, a whore who traded sex for money

Whats to stop you from spreading your legs any time anyone else offers you money?

How would you ever convince me you never cheated on me before given how easily you disregarded my feeling to fuck that asshole?

As for the kids, they'll be spending the evening with me as the cops are on the way to arrest you for violating the restraining order, hopefully you'll make bail after a judge finally sees you some time after New Years

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 5 years ago
Anonymous 5/25 and gymshorts covered my thoughts

Good story 5 stars

Don't care if faking it she publicly cuckolded him

I agree a little more in kitchen

Loved his revenge

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Gymshorts and anon

She TOLD him what her plans were. It was a done deal and the marraige was over right after she uttered those words. The cheating occured before the sex like it always does! Even at the porch scene, she NEVER apologized. She blamed him. Excellent story that is true to real life. A sequal would probably have him taking her back in a few months after a therapist convinced her it was her fault and she tried to commit suicide.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
A better need to check a few facts

I put the gas in the back, removed the hand brake and put the truck into drive. I let it roll as far as it would go down the road before I started it and drove away. Let's start with a20 gallon plastic gas can.

1 Gasoline weighs 6 pounds a gallon. He just going to pick up 120 pounds of gasoline like it was a gallon of milk.

2 Why would you put the unstated truck in drive and not neutral to let it roll down to hill.

3 Putting 20 gallons on a wooden bridge would had killed him. As the moment the fire got to the gasoline vapor there would have been a massive explosion. Everyone would have been up in the cabin.

Other than that good BTB

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
WTF!!

Who gave the asshole Zilo the idea that he could cuddle and fondle, hold in his lap and kiss passionately, the wife of another man , right in front of him?! And what made the bitch Gloria think she could go along with the asshole's kissing and fondling in front of her husband, without consequences?! The idea that the "Golden People" are privileged and can therefore walk all over others is totally false. Gabe , the Adonis, was exposed as an empty vessel with but the appearance of substance! What is intriguing, is why Lyle did not forcefully demand their public display should stop and issue his wife an ultimatum to leave with him immediately OR not to return at all. His job with Zilo was not an issue, since he planned to resign anyway. Nasty plot but so well written. 5*****s

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great writing

But lye needed to stop the making out before the sex began. I can’t believe Gloria trash her marriage and he did not try to stop her. When they came back from the mountain and saw her actions he should have told her we were going home. Instead he staid for what happened .so he also let it happen.

clarkgarbleclarkgarbleover 4 years ago
the best story

this is such a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Husband was a Wimp!

Enjoyed this story. Particularly the way he destroyed the wife's life afterward. She thought she could entertain another man - with her hubby present, even - and thought she could switch back afterward? No, not ever. Wives, pay attention to what happened to her.

But having said that, the husband was a Wimp of the first order! It doesn't matter, even if it was his boss. Violations of the man code all around: the boss, for taking such liberty with another's wife; the husband for not stepping up and putting a stop to the insanity that wrecked his marriage.

Wish the angle with "Paula" could have been developed more.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "Husband was a Wimp!"

While I disagree that the husband was a wimp, I do agree, and have said so in the past, that once Gabe got out of line at the party he should have dragged her out of there, but then we wouldn't have had the story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good

He did not cave in. What moron could call what she did was a mistake. She was the once fat girl now beautiful and was taxing up from here average man. She did on purpose.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Revenge is definitely sweeter.

Gloria deserved to be abandoned. The way the story was penned did give the vicarious pleasure. I stand with the Man who did stand up for the Marriage wows and yet maintained his calm while taking the revenge.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
In the beginning

At one point I actually started to get a hard-on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
In the news today

Bridge burns in the resort area of the Adirondacks....officials believe an ember from a resort cabin that also burned was the probable cause. A prominent business man and 5 others were found in the ruble of the mountain home. Going by the levels of alcohol and drugs found in the systems of the victims. Officials are defining the cause of this very "terrible" accident as careless and preventable. The Deaths have been ruled accidental and unavoidable due the inability of the victims to save themselves due to their impairment. The identities have been withheld pending notification of next of kin.

The blatant disrespect and planning of this weekend by all involved. Makes this a justifiable outcome. None of them were innocent and all had been involved in this shit before. But, I bet after this outcome. It would never happen again. Well, at least not by this group of scum.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
"Answer me this," she said, "Are you better off alone without me or would it be better with me and our kids around the Christmas tree tonight?"

I looked at her. It would be so easy to take her into my arms, to love her, to bring the kids home to sleep in their own house Christmas Eve, and to pretend what had happened never happened.

But all I could say was, "Yes, I am better off without you, sixteen years of marriage and you threw it away because you were flattered by a man who will literally fuck anyone. You werent special, you were there, you could have still been the fat girl from high school and he would have fucked you, you threw me away for nothing. How can I trust you wouldnt ever do it again? You are a whore and we are over. Get used to it."

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Great revenge

She just threw away 18 yrs of marriage and can't really see what she did was wrong. His revenge wss priceless, ruined what the bastard held dearest, and the other two tramps got what they also deserved. Excellent.

PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago

"You are no prince now"

The ironic thing is, now he owns half the company the money will come rolling in... and wealth makes a prince out of any man.

The ex-wife has a very bleak and bitter future ahead, but he'll be able to replace her with a hot trophy wife in no time.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 4 years ago
gave it a 4

left, no fighting need for whore's and life goes on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
This story stunned me when I read it

That a wife could be so nonchalant about her marriage to cheat right in front of her husband. To have the author say she is a minor character is ridiculous, almost as ridiculous as his philosophizing about the world and the people who run it. I understand the issues of the wife as an ugly duckling,though hard work becoming a swan, but she went too far. He didn't destroy her family , she did. And the noise in the bedroom ? Why did she feel the need with her husband there ? That goes for all their shameless activities around him.

I also don't understand the constant insinuation that the husband is not an innocent. I mean, yes, he burned down a bridge, hid his funds, and ultimately, the way the author writes it , he came out on top with the knowledge of the accounts. But the way it was written he could have gone to jail and he could have had no new job. I am getting off track here. The wife, and the other 2 women, endangered their relationships with a fling in the mountains. The wife shot her marraige in the heart by doing it in front of her husband. She can be the swan all she wants now , and maybe find a man she thinks is a prince , since her husband never was. At least not enough to say no.

TajfaTajfaover 4 years ago
Great story

Loved it and would love to see a follow up. I've read someone else's follow up but I don't think it is true to the characters you created here. Why would someone who had been through so much with her husband treat him so badly?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Absolutely Perfect

Leave the bitch alone, just burn the bridge and leave her on the other side! No need to get malicious or dirty your hands with illegal activities, just cut everybody off and watch them flounder without you. Perfect story.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 4 years ago
the thing that gets me is the "I made a mistake" line.

how is telling you husband, I'm going to fuck your boss a mistake. You did it with malice and then she has anger issue over him divorcing he ass.....WOW!

MarkT63MarkT63over 4 years ago
Right

Husband did the absolute right thing!!! Never forgive the whore. I hope karma is very bad to her...

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Treason

there are never any winners, at anytime, when treason comes to play !

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Tragic

What did Gloria expect after her public display of total disrespect and her whoring?! She thinks it's a one night fling? She should realize that after her fling in her husband's presence she is going to be the asshole's week-end whore, for as long as he wants her! There was no other option for Lyle and had she had a spark of intelligence, she would have realized that and not gone through with having the bastard scratch her itch.And what a sad human being Paula appeared to be. She has no self-esteem or self worth. Imagine spending her time in College, running interference for the men she thought of as superior!! Now it's her life's goal to be a facilitator for the"Golden Crowd"To her they are privileged! Good plot,if sad and well . written. Five stars.

mower9527mower9527over 4 years ago
And another good one

Good, not great. Seemed a little rushed compared to your other stories - at the end anyway. But that could be me, wanting more a la Oliver Twist.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I've read this story several times......

I love it......Why can't I be a story??

Bill

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Second reading 3 stars forgot the arousal as another comment referred

I would be thinking of revenge and punishment

30-30 or 30-06 into privates from 500 yards (so I don't get caught ) only good with that accuracy in prone position not sniper

Maybe blindside and catch him unaware etc so many possibilities and no arousal

Maybe throw up while thinking

tralan69ertralan69erabout 4 years ago
20 gallons?

20 gallons of gasoline plus container would weigh over 120 pounds. I find it unlikely that he could lift and carry something of that weight, as well as how awkward the container would be.

5 stars for originality.

georgelittle2000georgelittle2000about 4 years ago
Guess this guy thinks Jesus Christ was an idiot!!

Guess this guy thinks Jesus Christ was an idiot

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago

One more time for one of my top five favorite LW stories. Just can't beat this one.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

I'm sure this has been said before, but she mentions how she "had always been the fat girl." Well, he loved her when she was the "fat girl," and what was his thanks? As soon as she was no longer the fat girl, she felt she deserved a "prince."

zeuspmzeuspmabout 4 years ago
The symbolism is great in this one

and the subtle hint that husband gives paula near the end is also pretty nice. she doesn't realise that he is refering to himself when he talks about how the universe crumbles if a small piece falls apart.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Great story

Of lost and pain, how could she expect for things to end up differently.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Gloria is one of the most loathesome characters in all of LW

RG did a great job of character development with relatively few words. What is wrong with the story is the husband. Having him stand around like a cuck while his wife is behaving inappropriately is absurd. It is utterly inconsistent with the character of the MC as written overall, and it isn't required for the story to develop.

MartyMBMartyMBabout 4 years ago
Counseling?

Just to see the story go for a bit longer, seeing Gloria and Lyle in counseling. It would be interesting to see their back-and-forth, both telling about their issues and justifying their response choices. Also, from a counseling viewpoint, could there be any reconciling? As for the kids, it would have been great for the family to be together on Christmas.

zeuspmzeuspmabout 4 years ago
Perfect

it has the perfect mix of strong character, realism, metaphors & ambiguous ending.

I was expecting Lyle to pour his heart out in the final one on one but he didn't. at this moment I'm having that conversation in my mind for past 10 minutes.

it runs along the line of -1. He gave her everything & should have recieved everything in return, but he didn't

2. its never just sex or just a fling. It goes way too deep. the root attraction we have for each other is in question.

3. Gloria showed no empathy or even basic EQ.

4. Lyle being passive isn't that bad. had he flipped out in the start itself, I wander what would have happened 1 or 2 years down the road.

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
Hesitant

A little hesitant to read this one after my first RG stories. But I really enjoyed this one. Gloria thought he would set back and allow her a free night with his boss, but he quickly shows them all the mistake in that. Burning the bitch in the best way possible.

johsunjohsunabout 4 years ago

I've read this before, and it still hits me hard. Especially the scene where she tells him she fucking his boss, and then goes and walks into the bedroom with him in front of everybody.

Wish I could write something like that, and use some version of that scene, It is gripping.

I think the guy was very restrained in what he did.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
give back as you were given

I would expect him to have sex with another woman while she is in the house and ask his wife what she thinks of it.

It would also be interesting, if he had sex Paula in the mountains.

Sorry for writing as Anonymous. I'm trying to activate my account since July 2019, but didn't get support from LIT, Manu or Laurel. If you want to help me create a Thread in the Tech-Support-Forum, contact me: infosauger@gmx.at

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

This has always been one of my favorite stories that's my I was disappointed by RG's letter to justbobkc at the start of justbob's follow-up, The Bridge - A Little More, https://www.literotica.com/beta/s/the-bridge-a-little-more, where he essentially defends Gloria's behavior! I couldn't believe that letter was written by the same man who pretty much destroyed Gloria here.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

Late Thoughts While it likely wouldn't have stopped her, he STILL should have told her no!

"Hey, man if I've made a mistake here I apologize." - LOL, IF he's made a mistake?

He never said no? He asked if he had a choice, she told him no, so what good would him saying no have done?

"I put on a show. Men like that, need and expect it." - So why would she think that her husband wouldn't like it?

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
Still enjoyed second reading

Still no reconciliation boss calling her she didn't tell husband

Knew what he wants

Didn't tell him quit calling inappropriate etc etc

Cheated and disrespected

mordbrandmordbrandabout 4 years ago
One of the very small number of RG tales where the man doesn't cave

Rare and a gem

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
not

still not enough vengeance for me. I would wait years to go after him with blow torch and scalpel. all of his limbs, all of his lower jaw, all of the skin on his head. When it comes to my family, I am satan.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

Very nice story, 5 star and there should be no reconciliation for her! Just share the children as it is now and continue life!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
To many loose ends

She was in communication with his boss quite a bit according to her explanation at the end. His boss knew that his wife was very excited to go that weekend and that didn't raise any red flags? I guess this wasn't explored so that the husband's subdued wrath would be Palatable.

I am thankful though that unlike your other stories this husband had the backbone to leave the wife.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I like your writing.

I love that you use the metaphors. The jet engine in another love. The mountain and timeless majesty of nature , the single exit of the bridge. The invisible power of the elites.

But the story goes to the heart as well as the mind. The husband is betrayed c and cuckolded. There was no communication, although he had to be stupid to not notice what was going on. I think his responses largely justified , and lucky. It worked out for him. I don't understand why his wife thinks his actions more evil than hers.

Sad ending , but can't understand a spouse entertaining this scenario without expecting some harsh blowback.

Perhaps the husband and wife were not suited to each other. Though they both made sacrifices to family. You would think beyond expecting it to be a deposit towards forgiveness , it , like the bridge, can easily be dismantled by a single act of deception.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Separating the real and eternal from illusions

She felt the illusion was her fairy tale fling with the Prince. He felt one of the illusions was his relatio ship with his wife , if she could leave it so easily for a fantasy. He couldn't come back from that , and shouldn't have to.

NoBullAlNoBullAlalmost 4 years ago
Well finally you got it right!!

As I said above the writer finally got things right! They had it all then she got greedy and threw it all away!! Once the divorce is finalized she will be totally free to sample all those cocks she missed out on years before! In the mean time the husband will be free and on his way to wealth while looking for a truly GOOD wife to grow old with!!!

racfguyracfguyalmost 4 years ago
Typical female logic

Gloria cheats on Lyle, makes a cuck out of him, after sixteen years of being married.

Then she blames him for all her and loverboy's problems. She got what she deserved.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Read this several times

I have read this story several times, and every time I am amazed at the writing. Such a horrible, well written tragedy.

This time, I got to thinking that the couple was doomed from the start. They never communicated WITH each other. Only ever AT each other, and very little even of that.

When the husband saw her flirting and kissing his boss, he should have brought it up, and not relented until an actual reciprocal conversation had happened. When the boss started calling the wife, she should have done the same thing. But all they had was silence. When the offer of sex with the wife for promotion came up, they should have talked about it, but the wife chose to make the decision on her own, and simply informed her husband. Then he made a decision on his own to end their marriage and do as much damage to his boss as he could.

You could say that was all fair, and I suppose I would agree. But in the end, ending the marriage was probably right for a different reason: They were never a team. They did support each other through tough times, but they did not rely on each other when making crucial decisions about their lives together. I don't think they ever really trusted each other to do that, and every time they each displayed this behavior of distrust, the other would withdraw further, and they would trust each other even less.

This pattern would have gone on throughout the relationship, and the story is only the culmination. That is what I was thinking.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Good writing

requires technical competence AND competent plotting. This story founders on the lodge scenes. Nobody, man (the cucks on Lit aren't men, and Lyle isn't written as a willing cuck) or wife, would put up with the sort of behavior displayed prior to the final evening drama or the the spouse saying he/she is going to commit flagrant adultery. This absurdity in the plot is RG's bridge to revenge, but it's unnecessary to write nonsense like that. Gabe and Gloria could have been more discreet and have gotten caught, and the story could have continued exactly as it did. The plotting as and after Lyle left was excellent, but the "bridge", in this case the part of the plot that takes us from the happy family and committed couple to the revenge essentially wrecks the story.

That "bridge" is the largest problem, and it seems that RG can't bear to write a husband as anything other the being, in whole, or in part, a weak cunt of a boy. A second problem is the resentment RG projects toward people who succeed doing things RG doesn't evidently understand...finance, for example. He seems unaware that to the extent markets are corrupted, it's usually by a partnership of government and business. Tesla, for example, is a joke of a company that lives only because of massive transfers of wealth via direct government subsidies. Instead of something that reflects analysis, we just get a vague resentment of the wealthy. In this story, Paula is the voice for that, but it's common in RG stories.

Gloria is written as an elite marathoner. If RG knew anything about running, he'd know that she wouldn't fill out a bikini well. Women who are serious marathon competitors have such low body fat that they tend to look emaciated and have very serious problems with their endocrine systems and with osteoporosis because their body fat is far too low for a woman.

I would also agree with the comments saying Gloria is written as being too stupid and narcissistic to breathe. Her monologue at the end is, however, a brilliant expression of narcissism and delusion.

TorgauTorgaualmost 4 years ago

Great ending to a nice story. Thanks for sharing. Write more.

jbpeters74jbpeters74almost 4 years ago
They can't leave because of a bridge burned, lol

Seriously,

I keep getting annoyed by the burned bridge and them not being able to get off the island, even though all their cell phones worked. I know it was symbolic in the story, but just call for a boat and rent a car. Damn they could have swam across, lol.

Wizard1983Wizard1983almost 4 years ago
20 Gallon Gas Can?

Loved the story. It was very well written, I gave it 5 starts. But I don't think a 20 gallon gas can is reasonable. 20 gallons of gasoline would weigh 120 pounds. A bit much to carry for most people. I would believe 5 gallons or maybe 20 liters as a good size.

WargamerWargameralmost 4 years ago

Conniving bitch. She always knew what she was doing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
US/Imperial vs Metric Volumes

Wizard1983; Most jerry cans hold 20 liters or just over 5 gallons so the weight is about 40 pounds. Heavy but doable for one person. Believeable tale of deceit and stupidity.

Ravey19Ravey19almost 4 years ago
No Sympathy For Wife

A very readable story, maybe a little far fetched in places but very enjoyable. She must have been stupid not to see that he wasn't going to be cuckolded like that and Paula was useless, unless he was too good at fooling her!!! 5 from me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Not quite finished

Would have been MUCH better if the ending was actually an ending. Really good writer though

lujon2019lujon2019almost 4 years ago

"Answer me this," she said, "Are you better off alone without me or would it be better with me and our kids around the Christmas tree tonight?"

I looked at her. I started laughing. "Lets see being saddled to a lying cheating whore, or being alone? I'm better off without you, but why do you think I'll be alone? My business is doing great and I already have more money than that prick you fucked had when he left town, and this time next year I be worth a million, and withing a few more I'll be worth ten. In no time I will have sluts like you throwing themselves at me for a taste of that cash, just like you threw yourself at him. Now get off my porch and go back to your parents basement. Enjoy your time with the kids, cause once I make a little more money I will be taking them from you."

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Stupid says

I was in about the same predicament. Had an arrogant boss 6'3" he thought he was a ladies man divorced twice and was hitting on one of the married secretaries that had threatened him with harassment charges he had HR fake stuff in her computer to have reason to fire her. She was very upset because he also threatened to tell her husband that they were having sex for her advancement in the company. I seen her crying in her car I knew what was going on and told her I would talk to her husband with her to help set things straight before they got out of hand.. He was very upset with our boss. I said I could help by getting into the company computer and do somethings my self to get back at the boss. Her husband made her quit and look for another job. Close to a month to month and a half IRS showed up by the time they were through the company owed ninety some thousand dollars he was pissed but we had a good laugh! Ok back to my wife I kept an eye on her and the boss at that years appreciation party he had danced with her the third dance I cut in because I thought they were getting inappropriate her eyes got really big when she looked at my expression. I asked should we leave or could she act like my wife she said what are you talking about it was just dancing. I said do you want me to show you a picture video of his hands right now on the dance floor? She about froze when I reached for my phone she asked me to wait and grabbed my hand and took me to a private room down the hall. When we got there I showed her she said that my boss said he had talked to me and that I was ok if he had his way with her that night and that me would give me a good raise for her cooperation. I said bull he had not talked to me and I most certainly was not ok with it. She kept apologizing. I said you actually fell for that after I had told her about the secretary. She confessed about him calling her a few times and the last time I was out of town he had called an actually asked her out she had turned him down. I thought a bit and asked why she had turned him down she slipped and said I broke in and said was it because of the children's school play she looked down and I asked what. She was still looking down and said he actually showed up at the school and sat with her I was really getting pissed and asked what else happened that I should know? She said he took her and our children out for a meal and that was it. More pissed I asked when was she going to tell me and was the SOB moving in? She was crying. I said F it and turned to leave she was looking down and crying so hard I don't think she knew I was leaving till I slammed the door I was down the hall when she came out the door. I heard the door I turned she was running to me wh cockie yelled are you guys leaving I just said yes. He guys the party is just starting. I said got to get the children. Turned and left. I had already had talked to another company and had accepted a job better pay better bennifets but that I needed time up to maby a couple months before I could join them it was ok. My wife was pissed at herself for listening to my boss and kept apologising to me I forgave her and moved on. Guess who showed up in a little over a month? Yes IRS but this time it cost him over two grand plus lawyer fees. Plus I went to him personally a gave him my resignation and told him I couldn't work for a person I couldn't trust he was cussing me on the way out. About a month later while shopping with my family he had spotted me in a crowd and aproched me quickly cussing me and took a swing at me

I dodged and kicked him in the knee then kicked him in the stomach he went down then my wife kicked him in the privates and said you had better stay away from our family or it could get worse. My wife and I just had our 45th .

someoneothersomeoneotheralmost 4 years ago
Gloria acted horribly, but there are kids

I cannot defend Gloria's behavior for all the reasons others have vented.

And, the kids here seem to be nearing the "leaving home" stage.

Still, in all these stories I think it helpful to weigh the costs of the damage to children in a divorce -- and there is always some cost. And, so it is worth considering whether there is some other way to get around a one-time event, if it was truly a one-time event, albeit a very ugly event.

TajfaTajfaalmost 4 years ago

I gave 5 stars but I can't help feeling there is a part 2 somewhere in your head. The abrupt ending left us wondering where they go from there. Will he forgive her for the kids sake or will he find someone new that he can trust.

jsch1947jsch1947almost 4 years ago
This needs a part 2

This is one of the best written, and most thoroughly thought out BTB stories I've read, yet. The destruction is absolute, and justified.

This was only one event. It would make a good reconciliation story, if extended.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 4 years ago
Painfully good. 5*****

I want to believe no wife is that stupid, but never say never. I read stories like this and I think some people believe they can go back to their college days for just a bit, get a pass, and all will be fine. It never is. I appreciate that the story didn't end with, "So I found a new wife with bigger breasts and I won the lottery." Real divorce is painful all around and then life goes on poorly. There was some real truth there.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Maybe I am just too much in prior era. Aroused?

I don't want my wife arousing others and don't get off on others getting aroused by her.

Flirting why? If I am happy with what I have why flirt. If not happy work on it or move on.

Kids harmed by divorce Yes! But! But that is life. Lesson. Self respect and love More important. If don't have self respect what do you have? Suicide in a lot of cases!

Misery in rest.

Quit being Anon as soon as passwords for all my purposes worked out.

Emails, Google, phone etc pain redoing as lost all and didn't back up

jtwheels

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
@someoneother

Do you really think the kids would benefit from a loveless marriage? From having a mother who deliberately did the worst thing she could do to her husband? From having a mother who not only disrespected her husband but also threw away the family? From having the mother as an example or morals and ethics? Do you really?

Good grief. It is better to be done. To know that actions have consequences. To know what respect and morals are. To know that sometimes you just can't say sorry and go back to normal like nothing happened.

And in this case Gloria, even at the end, was trying to blame Lyle for not stopping her, not telling her no, going overboard. The only thing she was sorry for was that she couldn't do whatever she wanted.

I'm sorry but she didn't and still doesn't love Lyle. Otherwise she wouldn't have deliberately planned and actually cheated on her husband. Instead she was only thinking about herself. And frankly it started at the Christmas party when she was making out with Gabe without regard to her husband. The whole "if I do this then Lyle and the family will benefit" thing is just a rationalization of her selfishness, her wanting to cheat, and her lack of love for her husband and family.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
5 star

I am so proud of Lyle for standing up for himself there should be a lot more men like that our country would be even better. The only thing he could have done differently he should have stopped it sooner. My wife I guess she thought it would be ok if we had an open marriage but just her half. After I had suspected of her messing around on me we were talking I explained I didn't have a problem with her talking to other men she had even hiked with other men. But when things seamed to be changing I confronted her again she said nothing was going on and that they were just friends and were talking. We had what I thought was our friend Dan with us at an auction. Later we needed to get our trailer to haul a horse for another friend. I went in our house to use the restroom and when I went back to the truck I went a different way I seen them kissing I knew then he was no longer my friend and I started avoiding him. I don't know if my wife noticed or not .She had served on different committees with him, our children and his were in some of the same clubs and he had some of the same friends as us so I couldn't avoid him completely. When I was thinking of seeing a lawyer thing's started changing again for the better. As time went on once in a while something would trigger a thought from the past and I wouldn't treat her as good as I used to and would apologize if she would fuss saying it was my fault because of her affair I couldn't treat her like I should while we would be out partying if I would dance with another woman I could tell it bothered her and if she said anything I would just say we were just friends and were talking. At times she would get pissed and threatened to leave I would just say go she never did. I had told her I didn't want her around him anymore she said ok. A few years later we had a friend in failing health that we helped a lot. One night after I got home from work and our daughter was visiting our daughter had questioned about what Dan had thought about Joe health and I knew they had been together it took all I had to not leave instantly and when our daughter left I flew into her. She said the only reason she hadn't told me was because she didn't want it to bother me and the old man wanted to see Dan.Life go on but it will never be as good as before. I know I love her and pretty sure she loves me.

ClockstopperClockstopperover 3 years ago

Good story - sad, but well written

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

She said she was the fat girl nobody wanted. She lost weight and cheated with some asshole and figured it would be OK. We need more chapters, but the mistake she made put her up schitt's creek. I really don't know if Lyle should start over with her, she may be just a whore now or maybe learned a good lesson... PLEASE WRITE MORE ON THIS!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Shame

It's sad but she made her choice. My wife made her choice by having an affair. I did forgive her but said if it happened again I would divorce her and the children would know why. It was a long road

Volume51Volume51over 3 years ago
Great story

Loved this entertaining read. Lovely story, sad, but realistic. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
10 Star

10 star for Lyle more stories like this.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago
"Do you hate me that much?"

Oh, hell yes! Is she kidding? Every time I read those words in a story I think the person (always a wife) is delusional. Her behavior can only end in divorce.

PierremanvisPierremanvisover 3 years ago
Pierremanvis

Well I enjoyed. It is just a story so let’s not take too personally. I’d love to read another chapter. I like happy endings... world too sad already. So how about a reconciliation of sorts. 5 for me

BAnde53507BAnde53507over 3 years ago

Good story. I rate it a ‘3’ because you left us hanging with the ending. It’s a non-ending, as if it cut off in the middle of a sentence. I do, however, love the steps the took to collapse the company. Move the money but don’t steal it. Nice.

heartlesslycan120heartlesslycan120over 3 years ago

Loved it.Though you left us hanging at the end....

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Resolution good, but ending was hanging

The story was great, and the split was right, but the way it finally the final ending paragraphs were suboptimal

superdandy123superdandy123over 3 years ago

awesome story, gave it 5 stars.

MisterMordinMisterMordinover 3 years ago
Brilliant

Brilliant. Also one of the saddest stories on Literotica.

The wife's desire to once in her life be "the desired one" is both understandable and absolutely shocking from a husband's position.

The payback, just perfect.

The ending..so very ,very sad, but what else could he do...she wasn't his anymore.

Thanks for one of the best on the site.

EJ.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 3 years ago
Gabe bought into his golden boy image

but in the end her and Gabe were both losers

HragsHragsover 3 years ago

I would never take my wife back either if she if she acted like that. And to throw it in my face in front of me. What was she thinking? I would rather be alone than be a cuckold. Hope any woman that read this remember. Also guys live up to your vows. Give a 100% in a marriage or don't get married at all.

tazz317tazz317over 3 years ago
WHERE THE GRASS IS ALWAYS GREENER

one should check the fertilizer being used to change the greenery. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Not harsh enough

People would have been lucky to leave that cabin alive. If i didn't burn it down, at the least there would be 2 trips to the hospital.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Arrrghhhh!

That guy shoulda burned them all to the ground then put them in a meat grinder and served their red twisted meat up as hamburgers done rare on soggy bloody buns. Oh, wait, this wasn't real, it was a story. Damn, I just wish I could keep track of the difference between real life and short stories. But that would take too much candlepower, so I'll just go rant about the next story where the vengeance doesn't meet my emotional maturity level, and I'll let you all know what a badass I am. Die, you cheatin' motherfuckers!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I agree with not harsh enough

5 stars for not taking her back. she's a whore and will do it again, and again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
5 Stars

I Liked this Story a Lot . Worked at a Bank for a while . Sadly a guy who was a Golden Boy got away with anything He wanted .. He got lower rates than Most anyone around . I had to Quit My Job when He went after My Sister .. He Should have known better then to do that . I Spent 4 Years in the Sand and hated all 4 Years .But I Loved almost everyone in My Platoon .

JonDoe315JonDoe315over 3 years ago

seriously what a dumb and selfish wife... she still thinks what she did was a minor thing like spilling milk. she got off pretty good and deserved more punishment or suffering.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Reread

After the February Sucks story by GA and the many sequels, came back to reread this one again. So this was the precursor to all of those huh? The in your face BS. Divorce was easy, the revenge without a Seal, Ranger or super secret spy doing the deed was classic. I still like this one as written. She deserved everything and more heaped on her. Lyle should have got custody of the kids to make it complete. Oh well.

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

Second time around, the wife was a dumbass, she deserved her fate, as did smartass Gabe Zilo, what a prick, so glad he got his. And that bitch Paula, she needs baseball batting.

As I always say what would she have done if Lyle cheated???

We all know the answer to that.

peter944peter944over 3 years ago

A real ending to a real life situation. Bottom line everyone losses when this kind of th8ng happens and this was a great story about it. Well done.

someoneothersomeoneotherover 3 years ago

I like the story, BUT there is one seeming inconsistency. Lyle states in the cabin: "You have been a great wife and mother through times that have not been easy. You put me through Law School and raised kids on my meager salary while going back to school. You struggled to earn the great body you have, and you still contribute more than your share to our household. I'm proud to be your husband."

It is just hard to reconcile that Gloria with a sadistic bitch as later portrayed. Seems like two different people.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

"Answer me this," she said, "Are you better off alone without me or would it be better with me and our kids around the Christmas tree tonight?"

I don't know. Are YOU better off, now that you had your night with a Prince?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
How I'd probably play it:

""Answer me this," she said, "Are you better off alone without me or would it be better with me and our kids around the Christmas tree tonight?"

"I trusted you, and you made that trust a lie, Gloria. You're the one who made the choice, not me. All I did was be true to myself. What you want isn't worth the risk you're asking me to take. You betrayed everything I believed in. Everything I believed to be true, you made into a lie. And there's nothing you can do that will put us back together. Now, please leave. You've already caused more than your fair share of pain."

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The comments amaze me...

A "real life situation"? Only problem is an inconsistency in Gloria's behavior? No, the problem with the story is the same as in a thousand other LW stories (especially RG's, MM's, and GA's), and it begins here: "We found the others at the pool. My wife in a black bikini, I had never seen. Her body was shockingly exposed by the brief expanse of material. The other women were little better. As Paula and I approached, I saw my wife sit in Gabe's lap and give him a deep sensual kiss."

From there until her leaves, Lyle is written as the usual weak, low T, faggotty, cuck of a husband. Nobody remotely normal would stand for Gloria's behavior. She would have been called on it and told that he marriage is in danger. In the evening kitchen scene she would have been told that she has ended the marriage. But, no, the wimpy, puss of a husband just hangs around passively until RG suddenly give weak, passive, wimpy Lyle and testicle transplant, and he starts acts like something other than a worthless cuck. It's obvious that authors write weak husbands this way to create drama, but it's a cheap trick. "Lyle" is too inconsistent to be credible as a character, but RG writes "Lyle" in a wildly inconsistent way because he doesn't want the time and thought into creating a more plausible character and plot. This kind of plotting shortcut is similar to the "Martian Slut Ray", and it's annoying. Still, once Lyle leaves, the story becomes fascinating. The accounting revenge was a clever, creative idea.

1...45678...11
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous