The Bunker Project Ch. 01

Story Info
A project to protect humanity is put underway.
10.4k words
4.49
20.6k
47
3

Part 1 of the 18 part series

Updated 11/11/2023
Created 05/12/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The following is a work of fiction. All characters participating in sexual activities are over 18. Any resemblance to real life persons is merely coincidental.

This story is the first part of a series and it is advised to read the story from the beginning as each chapter continues directly from the last. Each chapter contains at least some form of sexual interaction and most contain multiple. This first chapter starts off slow, explaining the world before finally the protagonist has his first sexual action.

**********

The Bunker Project

By: VanillaUnicorn

Chapter 1: A New Home

The year is 2025, the world is covered in fire and ash but humanity survives all because of the bunker project. Eleven years prior tech billionaire and conglomerate CEO Paul Williams could see the writing on the wall. He knew the world was headed down a path of disaster. Out of that feeling was born the bunker project. Four remote islands in the middle of the Pacific Ocean were chosen. The island chain consisted of one larger island and three smaller surrounding islands in a 50 mile radius of each other with the largest island in the center of the radius. Each of the smaller islands would be built up with an underground bunker city capable of supporting up to around 50,000 people. The central large island would work as the main transportation hub where all potential residents would first fly to. It had been built up to resemble a resort destination island complete with its own fake international airport.

After ten years of hard work and billions spent, the bunkers were finally finished. That meant that phase 2 could begin. The construction crews and their families would be the first residents, a thousand per bunker. Each bunker built a mile under the earth containing everything needed to support life. 50 massive residential towers each with 240 suites designed to house a family of four, a massive entertainment complex, industrial labs, farms, dining/shopping area, large fresh water lake, and a huge 10 story open green space possible due to the residential towers working like support beams all made up the complex.

The corporate board met one final time before heading to inspect the three islands and their accompanying bunkers to check if everything is on spec. Even though all new residents would fly first to the main island, each bunker island was also fitted with its own air strip and would be how they would reach their respective island once processed. Paul had decided on who would be in charge of each bunker. Paul himself would be in charge of Bunker 1; after all it was his idea and knows how to build them in the first place.

Cassandra Hernandez, a highly motivated thirty five year old woman from Columbia would lead Bunker 2. Growing up in poverty and dealing with the violence caused by the cartels had hardened her into a capable leader. This was why Paul had made her head of the South American division of his company prior to the start of the bunker project.

William 'Bill' Yuen, a short thirty nine year old Asian man born in Japan but adopted by a white family in California would head Bunker 3. Paul hadn't known Bill that well before the start of the project as Bill worked for a major Japanese manufacturer. The original head of bunker 3 had mysteriously died forcing Paul's hand and Bill landed at the top of the recommended list.

The board of the Williams Corporation wanted a say in the operation of the bunkers, insisting they pick who the second in command were or assistant administrators as they came to be titled. It was decided a member of the opposite sex would accompany who ever lead each bunker but the choice would fall on a board vote to determine the respective candidates.

For Bunker 1 the board chose Erica Dumont, a thirty six year old Harvard educated lawyer born to a wealthy family on New York's affluent Upper East Side. Paul wasn't told much about her other than she was well respected in her field and the vote was nearly unanimous to put her in Bunker 1.

For Bunker 2 the board chose Jonathan Dixon, a fifty year old former CEO of a pharmaceutical company. Paul didn't know much about him other than the rumors he had heard about Dixon being a ruthless and possibly criminal businessman. It was an odd choice to him but he had little say in who the board chose and the man wasn't going to be in his bunker so it was of little concern to him at the time.

Finally for Bunker 3 the board chose Linda Brown, a forty two year old black woman who worked as Williams Corporation's CFO. Paul knew her well, he had spent plenty of time with her through the years and they got along great despite her being seven years his senior. Paul didn't much care for Linda's husband Carl, who wore his infidelity on his sleeve even so much as cheating in Linda's office while she was away on business. Paul was a periodic staple at their house until one day when he was not welcomed anymore. He just figured Carl was afraid he would tell Linda about whatever antics he was up to at the time and made Linda no longer invite him.

The process of selecting possible residents had started off practical, mainly bringing in those who could rebuild society if needed. That quickly changed as financial donors were insistent on their families being selected for entry. Each bunker would be treated as its own standalone environment as redundancy in case one failed the others could continue on. A secretive process was devised to notify applicants. Even if someone had been selected for the application process, it wasn't guaranteed they would make it into one of the bunkers. When the applicants were finally selected, they would be placed on a list for entry and then have to wait until their turn to fly out to their new home.

It was decided due to quarantine guidelines and to avoid attracting attention from the general public, each bunker would take in no more than 50 new residents per week. This way anyone that may be watching would just assume the flights were tourists there to visit. From there they would be given a medical exam and psychology test to make sure they were of no harm to anyone. Once they passed the tests they would be sorted out by their respective bunkers and assigned a placement number used to determine when they would leave for their new home. Once the residents flew to their respective bunker's island, they would then be interviewed a final time by either the administrator or assistant administrator in interview rooms housed in the upper levels of the bunker that were near the surface.

Once they made it through the interview, their job and duties would be selected. Blood and DNA would be extracted from each. The DNA was needed to program their access keys to their new homes as well as the places they would be allowed to enter in the bunker. The blood work was needed to check the initial health of the resident and what immunizations would be needed.

Once that was completed, they'd be moved down into solitary quarantine rooms to stay for six days to ensure no contaminants would cause any pandemics in the bunker before they could be moved to their final residence. Each quarantine room was designed like an upscale hotel room. Each having its own bathroom and small kitchen connected to a bedroom. They would be monitored and follow up medical checks would be done every other day.

First Week of March 2024

With construction complete and the first five hundred residents chosen for each bunker, it was time for Paul to fly out and get situated himself. The flight from the continental United States was long but one he had grown used to. After hours in the air, his plane touched down safely on the large paved runway of Bunker 1's island. Like the residents he would soon welcome, his personal items had already been shipped out in advance and would be waiting for him in his residence.

Stepping down from his luxurious private plane, he watched as the last trace of the sun disappeared across the blue water. Making his way towards the large building doors, he was greeted by some of the workers who had already moved in and made their selves at home. The large reinforced door looked comical, almost as if out of some evil villain's mind in some spy movie or something you might expect was built by a Western government. The initial hallways felt barren and lifeless as he made his way all the way to the end and the main access point to the lower levels. A swipe of his badge and the elevator roared to a stop opening like a sci-fi movie's fantastic doors complete with whimsical whooshing noise.

Making the long journey down the elevator, the doors opened once the elevator reached the bottom most level. Moving through the building, Paul made his way to the main doors and stopped to take in the engineering marvel they had accomplished. His residence was on the far side of the complex but that didn't stop him from smiling at the work they had all built and he had planned. Even the administrators such as him would be living in one of the 50 residential towers. The original plan was for everyone to have the same accommodations but that quickly changed when some of the more affluent had booked themselves into the project. Still Paul chose to stick with the plan of living the same as the majority even if he was one of the wealthiest people on the planet.

He knew exactly where he was going as he had designed the place and after a brisk walk he made it to what would be his new home for the rest of his life. After getting a few hours of sleep, Paul heads back to the surface to wait on the arrival of the rest of the administrative staff including Erica Dumont. He hadn't met her yet but he found himself growing more and more nervous as he waited. It wasn't long before a Boeing 737 touched down. The plane almost seemed out of place on the small runway but it had been built with the specs of the plane in mind, so it had no issue landing or taking off from there.

Paul watched as the plane slowed to a crawl next to the landing platform and finally shut down its engines. There was a brief delay before the door was pushed open and a good sized group of people were disembarking from the plane. A short Asian man was directing a group on where to go to enter the bunker when a woman who appeared to be around his age walked up standing in front of Paul.

He gave her a look over. She was a few inches shorter than his five feet ten inches but she seemed pretty well put together. Her shoulder length fiery red hair definitely stood out amongst of orange sky on the island but not as much as her bright blue eyes did. They looked as if someone had plucked some of the crystal clear blue water that surrounded the island and painted her eyes with it. Her body looked fantastic in the summer dress she wore. Her athletic frame contained a sizeable chest he would guess was somewhere in the C-cup range and sported an ass that was perfectly proportionate for her body.

"Hi, I'm Erica." She says with a huge smile.

"I'm Paul." He replies reaching out his hand for her to shake it.

She laughs before saying, "Oh I already know who you are. I did my research on you." After saying that, it was her turn to check him out. Her eyes moving from his well-kept dirty blonde hair down to his freshly shaven face with his intriguing hazel eyes before moving further down to his muscular torso and then finally to his lower half where a very large protrusion was extending down his left leg. Paul could swear he could see Erica's nipples start to stick out through the summer dress.

Erica bit her lip before saying, "Perhaps we should head inside and go over whatever needs done before the first group comes."

Paul nods his head yes and guides her inside. He shows her around the upper levels, giving her a lay of the land. They will both be spending quite a bit of time up in these upper levels at least until everyone moves in. She is very pleased by the size of her office; it's nearly twice the size of her old legal office. They both look around the interview room and work out a plan on how to handle the process. Even though so much had gone into their construction, not much thought had gone into the actual plan on how to interview the potential residents. The whole thing was to be left up to the discretion of each respective bunker's administrators.

A stack of folders lay on the table, the first batch of fifty resident's files. "How about we each take 25 people each? If that's okay with you that is?" Erica asks.

"That's fine. How about we look through and make sure when we divide them, we don't separate the families." Paul responds moving to grab the stack. Splitting the stack in half, he hands half to Erica.

"That's a really smart idea. We don't want to people to feel uncomfortable right out of the gate." Erica says to him while moving to sit down at the interview desk. "Let's go through each, one by one and see if any are related and then put them into a pile together on the desk." She adds.

After a decent amount of time, they both separated the groups off. Unfortunately they couldn't evenly split the group 25 each or they would have broken up one of the families. One person would end up with 28 and the other would get 22. Paul grabbed the stack of 28 and said, "I guess i'll take more this time. You can get the bigger group next time."

That was completely fine with Erica; this whole thing was going to be awkward enough at first anyway. It did make her smile that Paul was proving to be every bit the gentleman she had expected him to be. She laughed to herself and thought, 'I wonder if this is all just an act or if he is really just a nice guy'. She figured something had to be off with him because she had never met any guy that looked as good as him or had as much money as he did and wasn't a complete dirtbag. She would find out what that was eventually but she hoped that he would prove her wrong. After all they would be working close together for years and would be spending the rest of their lives there.

Paul walks out of what would be Erica's interview room and leaves her to prepare in her own way. He makes his way the down the hall and enters the room marked 'Interview 1'. Inside he sees it's a carbon copy of the other interview room he just left. Setting the files down on the table, he rearranges the room more to his liking. He knows a lot of the groups would consist of families of four so he places four chairs on the opposite side of the desk from where he would sit. Granted the space isn't entirely large enough to accommodate all the chairs decently. In fact only three of the chairs would fit next to each other and the last would have to be placed behind the others but still in view of the desk so that he could communicate to that person as well.

The room somewhat reminded him of his guidance counselor's office from back when he was young and in school. The books that were on the shelves weren't even real. Their pages empty, only the covers were made to appear real. A small potted tree was placed off in the corner and a large couch was situated in between the bookcases on the back wall.

Moving back to the desk, Paul sits down and logs into the computer on the desk. His credentials allow him access to every facet of the facility. Pulling up the residential listings, he takes the first file off the stack and opens it up. He browses the file and notes into the computer his initial recommendation for career placement. He does the same for the other twenty seven residents; none really stand out outside of the first children that he would be admitting. The first groups of residents were mostly chosen due to their respective fields with a doctor and his family, a well-known chef and her family, several scientists and their families, a renowned botanist and his family, a highly trained security officer, and the rest more suited for a human resources department making up his first group.

He noted that eight of the new residents had already gone through pre-screening and wouldn't need to enter into the quarantine like the others. It had been an option for all who been selected in the first wave of selections. They still would go through a quarantine of sorts, only they would do so in a more relaxed atmosphere of the main island and it would require them to stay on that island longer than the others. He made sure to put them onto the bottom of the stack of files so that they would be entered in last. Doing so would make things easier for everyone.

Paul didn't go into detail about who each person was or what they looked like. He figured he would have ample opportunity to do so when they got there. As he was finishing up his last entries, he noticed Erica had started to do similar with her group of inductees. Restacking the files on the desk he shut the computer down and made his way out of the office. The group wasn't due for another twenty hours, so he had time to relax.

Knocking on Erica's office, Paul stuck his head in and said, "Hey I'm calling it for the night. It was nice to meet you by the way. If we don't get a chance to talk before everyone shows up tomorrow, good luck."

Erica caught herself blush slightly when he started talking and replied, "Yeah. Good luck to you as well."

She wasn't sure what to say to him. She had never been tongue tied like this around anyone before. "If we don't talk before everything tomorrow, let's touch base after to make sure everything went smoothly." Erica says with a smile.

"Sounds like a great idea. I'll see you tomorrow." Paul says before closing the door and making his way to the elevator. The long elevator ride would be something Paul knew he would tire of quickly but it was something he couldn't change given the bunker's location so far under the surface.

Stepping out, he followed the path towards the entertainment district that was home to the bunker's restaurants, retail outfits, and other after all hours entertainment like the movie theater, dance club, arcade and bowling alley. Unluckily for him, most of the prebuilt restaurants weren't in operation yet so his options for food were pretty limited. He could always make his way to the bunker's main kitchen that would be used for more generalized meals but the extra walk wasn't something he wanted to do at that point.

Settling for the lone Chinese food place that was open, he walked inside and was greeted by the workers who spoke poor English. He wished his old assistant was there. She spoke amazing Mandarin and usually was the one who translated for him. Unfortunately she hadn't been admitted to the program or if she had, she wasn't slated to be in his bunker as far as he knew. He struggled through ordering and ended up with some Sweet and Sour Chicken and some rice. He made his way home enjoying his meal before relaxing some.

The time seemed to fly by quicker than Paul anticipated. Before he knew it the first flight of residents was only an hour away. He still had time to shower and shave before needing to head up and wait for them though. He wasn't sure how formal he should dress, settling on some dress pants and a button up shirt. The shirt must have been older because it fit snugger than he was used to or would have prefered.

He entered into the elevator and heard a woman yell out to wait. Looking out he spotted Erica running towards the elevator's closing doors. Thinking fast, Paul stuck his arm out causing the doors to pop back open and an out of breath Erica to make her way into the elevator. She was dressed more formally than he had. Wearing a full suit, something he imagined she had from her time as a lawyer.

Nothing was said between the two as the elevator ascended but Paul could sense her eyes on him any time he looked away. When the elevator chimed that it had reached its destination and the doors opened, Erica let out a deep breath and walked out telling Paul, "Good luck. See you after." Her smile making him smile as well.