The Cabin in the Dark Woods

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hey, John."

Dear god, he hadn't said any of that aloud had he? "Yeah?"

"I'm getting cold. I want to get under the blankets." Leah swallowed. "Will you to stay?"

John lifted his head to look down at her. "If you want me to. I mean, yes. I will. If you don't, you know, want privacy." John cleared his throat awkwardly and looked away. Smooth.

Leah chuckled softly. "Privacy went out the window with my clothes. I would like you to stay; I'm not being clingy or weird. I just... I'm afraid to be alone right now. I'd feel better with you nearby. You know, because of your cat-like reflexes and mysterious fighting skills."

John smiled slightly and kissed her forehead. "I get it. I'll stay." They broke apart long enough to find the edge of the covers and crawl underneath. John lay on his back, and Leah settled her head on his shoulder, with her hand on his chest. "Goodnight, John."

"Goodnight." John wrapped the arm she was lying on around her and settled back, staring at the ceiling.

Leah inched closer, finding a comfortable spot. She felt the wall coming back up, his pulling back from her. She was too exhausted to think hard about it, though. She closed her eyes and sighed shakily. All of her fears had abated, for now. He was a torch in the black night, warding off nightmares and keeping her warm. She was asleep within minutes.

12