The Chase Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Thanks" he says, finally catching his breath. There isn't any irony in his voice and it makes me feel better for just dropping in so quickly.

"Yeah" I say, nodding to him as I open the door and leave that hot naked boy behind.

I look over at the dark void that is the student center which has been closed for a while now as I walk back from Derek's room over to mine. That goddamn bench from earlier is now empty without a trace of my best friend and his new guy. And once I see that, I return back to my building with some sense of relief. I stop at the vending machine downstairs and wrangle up any small bills I have to get a few bottles of water that I went out to get in the first place. As the final bottle falls, I look at my phone to see three messages.

The first is from Alec, telling me about this cool cafe that we should check out the next time we're both free. He adds a gif from The Office of Jim doing jazzhands which gets a chuckle from me. I make a note to respond once I get back up to my room and have more than a single free hand to text with.

The second is from Derek who wrote out a pretty blunt, "Let's do that again sometime." along with a wink. That one I know I'll leave on read until my next moment of weakness.

The last text is from Chase and it's a simple "Hangout tomorrow?" along with a few emojis that tell me he wants to have breakfast. Somehow that one holds the most worth.

I press the elevator button with my elbow, holding onto the three bottles of water I scored from the vending machine. As I make my way back to my room, I can't help but question if I'm a victim of circumstance or maybe just the biggest dick this city has seen. The elevator dings before I can come to a conclusion.

12