The Coffee Shop Ch. 05

Story Info
Rose is welcomed into the Coffee Shop and more.
6.6k words
4.8
3.8k
10

Part 5 of the 6 part series

Updated 04/30/2024
Created 04/05/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Coffee Shop - Ch. 5

Rose

A/N - I would like to share with you chapter 5 of this fun little fictional jaunt. Who knew a dreamy little tale like this would be so much fun, thinking back to what life could be like starting all over again.

As a bit of fun and for future chapters I have added a significant but very fun twist to this chapter.

***

"The road we travel is controlled by us and the others we allow to influence our path only if we accept their guidance. Until then, our path is ours!" Aoife

***

I was hesitant, nervous and scared. I took the letter and opened it. Pulling out the single sheet of paper I read it.

Dear Miss Doherty,

Congratulations! On behalf of Dean Alexander G Collins and the Admissions Department at Point Park University you are hereby granted acceptance as a 3rd year student in the University's Conservatory of Performing Arts on the Bachelors of Fine Art with a concentration of Music Theater track. We welcome you to the Fall 2020 semester.

I fell onto the chair, joyful tears flowing from my eyes.

*** End of Ch. 4 ***

***

The sunlight shone bright as I finished my jog on this first Tuesday of June. I felt exhausted but refreshed and so alive.

The new me which Beth had created, she has me exercising, running and swimming, and doing yoga once a week. I feel stronger and healthier. I am in so much better physical shape and mental health all because of her love. I started to feel so much better about myself. A two mile jog every other day, which I worked up to, then the swimming on the other days, all leading to my new physical conditioning. Yoga helped me focus especially when finals were stressful.

It all made me feel so alive. On the days I am with Beth she takes me on a two-mile race, so it seems as if she is a sprinter. I try to keep up with her.

I was feeling excited. Michaela was coming home today, our second years of college completed, hers at Chapel Hill, and mine at CCAC. Francis would be moving home next week for the summer as the dorms were closing.

I walked in the house after finishing my run. I removed my headphones and looked at my text messages. I grinned from ear to ear. That tingling feeling returned. It started at my ears, from smiling and traveled to the base of my neck, then down my spine. I burst into a shiver reading Beth's text.

"Morning dear. It's a day filled with joy knowing you were the first thought when I woke. Kisses and hugs, yours Beth."

I ran to my bedroom stripping and made my way to the shower. Feeling the warm water cascade down my body I thought back knowing how amazing her touch was, and will be.

I slowly ran my left hand down over my breast, down further over my mound. Spreading my fingers I teased my outer lips just caressing my pussy remembering the thrill when Beth lapped at me as we made love. Just two days ago, we made love well into the Sunday morning hours. I already miss her touch.

We dined at Eleven again; a dual celebration. She achieved huge success for a client. The corporate headquarters in Chicago was thrilled with her brilliance. She was excited I pulled all A's for the spring semester. Afterwards, we went out dancing for an hour or so then she begged me back to her Oliver Towers condo for more dancing and soft quiet love.

"Hey! You better get moving! It is getting late." Mom was knocking at the bathroom door.

"Okay!"

Ugh I can't wait to see Beth Friday night; I wasn't going to make it three whole days without her touch!

I made my way out of the shower as I was starting my shift at the coffee shop soon. I hurried and dressed as I ran out the door to my car, I sent a text to Marcie. 'Sorry Marcie, on my way!"

***

Tuesday afternoons at the coffee shop are usually slow and today was no different. I got caught up in stocking and deliveries. I was upfront working by myself. Erin, the one barista that Marcie met and hired last December, wasn't able to neither handle nor separate the pressure of being Marcie's lover and employee. Thankfully Marcie cut her out of both aspects of her life. I never really cared for her. As an employee she was at times lazy. As Marcie's lover, well let's say... I just didn't like her.

I wasn't jealous. Marcie deserves and can do so much better.

I put the finishing touches on the sandwich board. On one side Wolfie's scone and muffin flavors of the day, on the other was a "Barista Wanted" ad. Having learned her lesson Marcie was being selective in who she was going to hire. This was fine with me. It was summertime, I didn't have classes and I would work full time for her. At the same time I was spending my nights with Beth when she is available.

It was midday when a mature woman wearing a washed yellow, below the knees sundress entered the coffee shop. What I could see of her legs were beautifully toned. Her toes were painted a sun yellow and she was wearing low heeled sandals.

She ordered immediately asking for "Please, one of Wolfie's Famous Blueberry scones as your chalkboard reads."

Her accent and her voice caught me off guard. I paused, smiled "You are British, from the UK? Here on vacation or as you call it a holiday?" I inquired.

"No, well yes I am British. Partially, I am on holiday for a week then I have three months of work here at your university and research center. My project hasn't started yet." She shared.

I really loved her accent. I smiled.

"Well welcome to our city. I hope you enjoy it and Marcie's coffee shop for the duration of your stay." I rang her order and asked her to have a seat and I would bring her order out to her.

I placed her scone and coffee on a tray and carried it over to her table. Placing it on her table I saw she had pulled a "City Paper" and was browsing the tourist areas. Before I turned and walked away, I let Rose know if she needed any tips or advice on what to see to please just ask. She smiled and thanked me.

It wasn't more than 20 minutes later, when I saw Rose finishing her scone and coffee. I walked from behind the counter to pick up her mug and her plate. As she stood, I inquired what site she had decided to go see.

She shared with me that she was going to make her way across the river to the Andy Warhol museum, and then maybe take in the Heinz History Center.

"I hope you have a great day. It was a pleasure to meet you. Please come back again." I said, turning with her dishes and going about my day.

That night when I got home I saw that the Frick Park concert series would be starting soon. I sent Beth a text, "The Summer Fridays at the Frick concert series starts this Friday, interested? Miss you."

I finished dinner as my phone pinged "Yes, I will bring a basket of goodies."

I replied. "I'll chat with you later, hugs and kisses. I know you are extremely busy."

There wasn't a response.

***

Thursday morning I was up and out of bed before my alarm rang. I was excited as Michaela was coming home today. I had so much to share with her, how my relationship with Beth was progressing, the excitement of Point Park, and well, just missing my dear sister.

I wasn't scheduled to start at the shop until 10:00. I took my time enjoying a longer than normal yoga session and then a brisk walk just to get some fresh air before the hot summer day got to be too much. I was truly excited as tomorrow morning I wanted to take Michaela into town and show her the campus and really get her opinion on what she thought as I entered my junior year of college.

Once showered and dressed, I headed to the shop. When I arrived I checked in with Marcie. She seemed a bit down for some reason. When there was a break in customers, I pulled her aside and gave her that inquisitive look then asked.

"What's wrong hon? I can see it in your face, your eyes and in your posture."

She tried to smile but she suddenly wrapped her arms around me and laid her head on my shoulder sobbing. For just a brief moment she sobbed. After a few short moments, her breathing calmed, she hugged me tightly and exhaled a deep breath.

"All is better now. I'll be fine Frannie."

She released our hug hearing the bell chime. "Let's get ready for the lunch crowd." She commented and stepped away as if everything was perfect.

I knew better.

***

Midday Thursday I heard the chime of the door and turned to see a very stunning Rose enter the coffee shop. She was wearing a beautiful lavender sundress and sandals she was carrying with her the City Paper and a notebook. I took her order and invited her to have a seat, and I would bring her scone and coffee up to her.

This time when I delivered her scone and coffee, I asked how she enjoyed her day yesterday.

"It was lovely, a well spent day in the area. I wasn't aware of your history of the entire area."

I smiled, beaming proud of the city I lived in. "On Friday nights at Frick Park they have a concert series. We all just sit in the grass or on your own lawn chair and listen to the music. We usually bring snacks and wine."

"If you are interested you can hang with my friend and me. My mom and her wife will be coming also." I paused watching her reaction, there wasn't any?

"I would love to join you. It sounds like a wonderful time. She responded.

I shared my cell number and told her we would be meeting at the front entrance at 6:00 and that I would bring an extra chair if she wanted.

"No! Please I will sit on the grass, even though these older legs will cause trouble standing." She winked.

"Older legs!" I arched my eyebrow. "You couldn't be a day over forty Rose. You look amazing."

She blushed, "Dearest Frances, I turn sixty-three next month."

She reached out and held my hand, "And thank you for the polite compliment." She winked and let go of my hand.

I smile, "Well I will bring you a lawn chair, use it. If you want. And it's my honor to have you join us."

***

Friday morning when I came back from my jog, mom was sitting at the kitchen table with the city paper open as I greeted her and gave her a quick hug telling her I was going to take my shower and make my way to the coffee shop. She asked me if I had plans for this evening.

"Beth and I are going to Frick for the first concert of the series. You and Momma should come join us."

She smiled, looked at me and teased "I wouldn't want to ruin your date."

"Mom, both of you joining us would not be ruining our date; you know Beth doesn't mind you and Momma around." I smiled and turned.

"Oh! I met a woman this week at the coffee shop. Rose is her name; she is visiting from the UK. I invited her to join us as well."

I paused, being the little tease I am at times, "She is so sexy and single. I told her you and Momma were coming."

I turned walking away as I heard her mumble something while I stripped off my top and running shorts. Dropping them in the laundry room, I took my time up the stairs wearing my panties and running bra. An hour later I was walking out the door heading to the coffee shop. I told my mom I loved her and hoped she would consider joining Beth and I tonight.

***

Friday at 6:00 I parked and sent a text to Beth letting her know I was at the Frick.

"At the main walkway entrance. Can't wait to see you."

"Parking now coming soon."

The butterflies in my stomach started, knowing I would soon hug her and see her. I was thrilled to know that I would be in her arms tonight.

My phone ping looking down and I saw it was Mom. She and Momma just parked, and would be heading towards the main entrance. I responded that I will be in our normal spot on the left side of the entrance just at the top of the hill.

It was a few minutes later that I saw Beth coming. I smiled wide. I felt great inside, and I felt even better when her lips met mine, and she wrapped me in a hug. We made our way into the park and as usual, we sat on the left side just at the top of the hill.

Mom and Momma joined us shortly afterwards. The blankets spread out, the three chairs set up in the event Rose joined us. We opened the snacks and poured each, Beth, Mom, and Momma a glass of wine. Being under the legal drinking age, I wasn't allowed a glass but... well I enjoyed a taste of two of Beth's.

It was just after 6:30, the concert was to begin at 7:00 when my phone rang. It was Rose. She was at the front and wondered how to find me. Her rideshare just dropped her at the front entrance.

I explained that I would be on the main pathway if she came in the main pathway and looked to her left, she would see me by the time she got to the top of the hill.

I stood and started walking down and saw her, in the same beautiful lavender sundress. As I caught up with her she had a wondrous smile on her face, bright beaming, so cheerful.

Once I met up with Rose, I made my way back to our chairs and blanket area. As we approached, I let Rose know that I would introduce her to everyone and we would absolutely make her feel welcome.

I took my time introducing her, first to Beth, then to Mom and Momma. I offered her a glass of wine which she graciously accepted and got comfortable sitting on the grass. I had asked her and offered her one of the chairs if she wanted, but she declined.

"I want to take in your whole experience while visiting. If sitting on the grass, listening to the music was the entire experience. I am all for it." She exclaimed

Well, there was a short break between the youth groups playing and the Symphony starting. We all engaged with Rose in conversation, just being kind and welcoming.

Mom asked, "What brings you to Pittsburgh?"

"I work as a molecular biologist. My subspecialty is gene cloning."

She continued as I sat with Beth on her left side, away from Rose. I looked over to see Momma truly amazing and really listening. Mom had her hand on Momma's arm and you could see how engaged the two of them were in her. Rose continued explaining a few things. It was then I heard.

"I am here as a learner to see how your team, who are completing the new gene clones, process them for medical testing and for the capabilities to fight off infection through the laboratory processed toxins in cancer cells."

She took a sip of wine then finished, "The work is being done in conjunction with the medical school, biology and research departments here at your Pittsburgh University."

Holy hell!

I thought to myself, what an amazingly genius woman. Then I looked over at Beth, she was also staring at Rose, listening with her fullest attention. I started to feel somewhat uncomfortable and slighted.

The music started and the conversation came to a hush; we all sat back listening to the string sounds of the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra.

Forty-five minutes later, the concert had come to an end and the orchestra was receiving their applause. I leaned over holding Beth's hand, she felt distant. There wasn't much reciprocation; I kissed her cheek asking what she felt like tonight.

"I am a bit exhausted, would you mind us meeting up tomorrow for brunch?"

I immediately felt rejected but I smiled widely knowing how truly hard she works. "Of course, brunch it is, just let me know where and I will meet you."

Beth stood bidding us all a good night. I stood then kissed her cheek. I pulled my phone from my pocket and quickly sent a text.

"M, I am free tonight. Care to have a drink? F"

I put my phone back in my pocket and turned to Rose. "Did you have a good time?"

"I did, it felt so refreshing to relax after these days of sightseeing and visiting your museums." She smiled wide, "Frances, I cannot thank you enough. You have made my days before research splendid."

I stood and walked over towards Mom and Momma putting on my best smile. I bent forward and helped Rose stand as well as Mom and Momma. I bent forward folding the blanket and gathering the chairs.

My phone buzzed in my pocket.

"At McKenna's on Liberty, come join us! M"

McKenna's? I replied, "My hair stylist?"

"Yes, just hurry!"

I was enraged. Now it all clicks McKenna owns the bar! What a freaking mess this night has turned into. My life couldn't get any worse. My "girlfriend", Beth, was too tired on a Friday night, my Mom and Momma seemed infatuated with a woman I brought as a friendly gesture to the Frick.

And now I find out my sister is at a bar owned by the woman who was interested in me when I thought I was still dating Caitlin!

Fuck! My life just kept getting worse.

I sent a new text. "Marcie, I need you. Are you home?" I knew it was wrong but I needed a friend.

Seconds later, "I am home babydoll, the door will be open."

"Rose", I inquired, "How will you get back to the hotel?"

"I will message a rideshare." she replied.

"Nonsense!" Momma spoke up. "We can drop you, it shouldn't be too far isn't that right Katherine?"

My mom just smiled and nodded. I helped Mom and Momma down to their car. As we parted ways I hugged Mom and Momma then Rose and told her I would see her soon at the Coffee Shop.

I carried everything to my car and would deal with it later. Once the car was loaded, I got in and headed to Marcie's.

I hadn't decided how much crying there would be or what this was going to be.

***

Mom - aka Katherine

Mary Ann, my wife, and I stood there while the parking lot emptied. We were still chatting with Rose. We were both so amazed at the work for which Rose was involved in. For me it was from a medical standpoint, for Mary Ann, an academic perspective.

The traffic started to thin which allowed for easier departure from the parking lot for our short drive to Rose's hotel and then a short trip to our house in Shadyside.

I was completely caught off guard when Mary Ann spoke up.

"Rose, we do not work tomorrow, would you like to come to our home for another glass of wine and more conversation?" Mary Ann asked, taking hold of my hand. "We can always ride you back to your hotel afterwards."

Rose seemed to blush, smiling, she nodded her head. "It would be my honor and of course pleasure to be invited to your home."

It was settled, we were taking this attractive woman back to our house for a nightcap.

It was a short fifteen minute drive from the Frick over to our house in Shadyside. We invited Rose into the house; Mary Ann left us to open a bottle of wine. Rose and I continued our conversation about strides in medicine waiting for Mary Ann to return with the wine.

"This isn't something normal we do." I said, "We do not usually bring women home with us."

Mary Ann returned with our glasses of wine, which truly saved me from any more embarrassing conversation. I actually started to get slightly nervous with her, not being in the room.

"Cheers," Mary Ann said "Here's to a nice evening, the three of us enjoying more conversation, another glass of wine, and getting to know each other."

We each took a sip of our wine, enjoying it. Mary Ann leaned over and whispered in my ear, asking me why I was so nervous. I just smiled at her and winked.

"Rose, I am going to put on some soft music in the background, if that is okay with you."

I stood, made my way over to the bookcase and turned on some light music in the background. The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra's "Best of Broadway" selection started playing in the background. I watched her reaction as the music started. I slowly made my way back to the couch. I smiled instantly when Mary Ann stood, set her wine glass on the table and made her way to me.

12