The Contract is Binding

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Damn it, I told you! I told you the contract was binding." I never wanted to have this conversation. It was never suppose to happen this way.

"I know. I thought I could do it, but I couldn't."

My friend turns for a moment and looks at me. He had tears in his eyes. He seemed to be looking at that missing finger on my left hand. I knew what he was thinking. Yes, I had hesitated once. Losing my finger was the encouragement that I had needed way back when.

He looked away. It seemed for a moment he was studying the autumn leaves, the burst of color that marks the end of summer and the approach of winter. "It's okay. I know the price I have to pay. I'm at peace with it. At least my kids are safe and happy. I didn't get you into any trouble, did I?"

"Not really." I said.

I put my hand on his shoulder. For an instant, I felt my soul burn to ash and I knew that my eternal fate was sealed. I put the barrel of the gun behind his left ear, and with one hard, cold tap, all that he knew was gone.

*****

Sorry, but I warned you. There is no happy ending when you surrender who you are for what you want. One way or another, there is always a price to pay.

Right now, you are probably thinking about two movies that rattled around in my brain before I wrote this. One is Hitchcock's "Strangers on a Train" and the other is the comedic version "Throw Momma from the Train". Well, I only steal from the best!

12