All Comments on 'The Cop and the Teacher'

by The Style Guy

Sort by:
  • 167 Comments (Page 2)
1959richard21959richard210 months ago

The Style Guy is developing lazy writing habits.

The financial details, prenuptial agreement, was interesting at the start. But you made it confusing later in the story. Finally, you completely blew it off towards the end.

Lack of development in the wife character.

Generally women are more careful and conservative in their relationships. After thirty-four years why would she completely change. Left her retirement, blew up her marriage ⁉️

Why, When. Who. No explanation, unknown motivation🤔. Lazy writing ✍️.

Gave you 4⭐️s. You deliver an entertaining story better than ninety percent of the other posts. Thank you for your work.

I'm

*

*

*

*

AMerryman

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Yep, 1959richard2 got it right. Lazy writing habits. Add to that an unfinished story and you go from 5 to 2 in a second.

BearcatfozzyBearcatfozzy10 months ago

I’ve enjoyed your work for a long time, but I was a little confused by this one. As others pointed out, author spent a long time on prenup and how it favored hubby, but divorce didn’t touch on it and she got a nice payout regardless of her despicable behavior. Why set up a prenup if it isn’t used? Also, how about a little revenge on wife’s boyfriend, he is a school administrator and I’d imagine affairs with teachers are forbidden. Facts appear that he gave wife VD so quite plausible that he’s sleeping with others, and his hunting ground is the school.

dgfergiedgfergie10 months ago

Good not echoed here also. 34 years of marriage gone because she was dedicated to her job? Excuses for the affair was he went of on trips alone because she wouldn't retire so was lonely cause she would not go with him? Is that really a good reason for cheating? Nah! After 34 years they should want the same things, you make decisions together. I think the beginning of the end of my marriage was my wife went out and bought a new car without even consulting me.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I am always amazed when I read a story like this. A wife in her late 50’s, early 60’s, decides to have an affair. Throw away everything she has worked for. It’s like buying a Chrysler with 150,000 miles on it. Not worth the risk, at any price! 4 stars.

Opinionated1Opinionated110 months ago

aww..no retaliation at all? i get they've been together forever, but Pat let her ego get in the way of her common sense. She did Chris dirty, and he put his tail between his legs and let her walked away

with a smile on her face? The marriage counselor was just an act from a stubborn prideful wife who

didn't respect her husband at all until he had her served. felt a little empty with little if any justice for

Chris..

tralan69ertralan69er10 months ago

Good story.

I thought it was a good story. I can see a part 2, but think it not necessary. It works either way.

@sbrooks103x5 days ago

"I signed a contract yesterday." - Without discussing it with your husband? - Yes, that is what the story said. Good catch.

\

"My first withdrawals from my State Police pension account were to fix up the house." - We weren't given figures, but it would seem that the cash difference from selling the big house, the three condos, and buying a fixer-upper should have provided the funds to fix-up the house. -

It would seem that it would, but apparently it didn't.

\

It's amusing that she believes that she can make her own decisions, but he has to get her approval for his. -

It seems that some women think that way.

\

"My plan is for us to have a deep discussion about your marriage, the reasons for its breakdown and if the marriage can be saved, which is my hope." - Why is saving the marriage her hope? While nobody WANTS a marriage to end, her "hope" should be for the best resolution for each party, which might very well be a divorce. -

Apparently she thought that it was the best resolution for each party.

\

@A_Bierce,good catch on the " met with Steve," that slipped right by me. Especially since he was the NEW principal. She might have known the old one well enough to refer to him by his first name, but not a new one. Actually, I just checked, he's the latest, not necessarily new. -

YOU are the one that said New, NOT the story or A_Bierce! I just checked and this is what was said, "Wilbur Cross High School is where Pat taught her entire career. Steve Mitchel was the latest principal."

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThree10 months ago

A fine piece of work.

Strong plot well played.

Thanks Style Guy for a well made

and interesting story.

Top ratings from me.

looking4itlooking4it10 months ago

What in the world was all the time spent on the prenup about?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Pat was a selfish bitch!! Stupid cunt MC just let her get away with her shit, no payback fuck all

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

MC was pussywhipped by Pat

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

What happened to the asshole's prenup!!

The retired cuck is paying alimony to a working diseased cunt ex wife!!

BeBopper99BeBopper9910 months ago

1* The worst story of the challenge with needless off topic info, wimpy cucky MC, and disconnection between established facts in beginning story and end of story. No way for another chapter.

Overall, these so-called great LW writers have been nothing more than wimpy cucks who to have trouble with clear, concise emotional writing.

Saddletramp should have been invited, a real man.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Five stars. Slice of life with knobs on.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Very confusing details that tend to not sync up throughtout the story. Pretty disfunctional storyline that jumps around alot.

UpperNorthLeftUpperNorthLeft10 months ago

I'm always very pleased when a new TSG story pops up on my monitor. Thanks for posting this one -- I greatly enjoyed reading it.

\

I found the comments for this story to be very illuminating. They enhanced my enjoyment of the story, and also helped inform me -- a new writer on the site -- of how a very good story might be further improved.

\

I am not the first commenter to mention the prenup as an issue. The prenup in this story strikes me as a nice example of "Chekhov's Gun". Much text is devoted to building, cleaning, polishing, loading, aiming and cocking the gun in Act I. However, the gun then disappears from the play, and never goes off in Act III.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Way too much back story.

Schwanze1Schwanze19 months ago

Read again. Great story. In retrospect he might have put his foot down page 1 but hindsight…

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Agree with previous commenter, way to much back story, if it were interspersed that would be one thing but as big blocks of text it's just annoying and distracting from the real story going on.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The story was well written but I don't care endings like this one.

26thNC26thNC9 months ago

Great story TSG. Those insurance codes can bite you in the ass if you can find someone who understands them. Well played.

Pinto931Pinto9319 months ago

Good story but sort of petered out to the ending.

IndyOnIndyOn9 months ago

Good story but ending left us hanging! What about the prenup? How was Pat's life after divorce? Pat should have wanted some revenge on her principal also? What happened there? Too many unanswered questions....*4*

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman9 months ago

great story and mystery finally explained at the divorce consoling sessions. hard to believe a 60 yr. old Cuban woman could be mistaking for a teenager unless Pat was trying to be nasty. Guess Cat does like kids.

AllNigherAllNigher9 months ago

What bacchant and dirtyoldman said...

StruckwrongStruckwrong9 months ago

He wasn't stupid to the point of deus ex Machina forgiveness even if he did have to pay for her STD treatment.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Great story for the first 80% (a five), the nhe author got lazy or tired and did not do a great rap up. Sorry, can't grade an unfinished story.

NoBullAlNoBullAl8 months ago

´Good story BUT somewhere along the way the prenup was forgotten! If you are going to write it in then make sure it is used when appropriate!!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Great story, StyleGuy. When Chris described Cat I got a picture in my head of an older Sofia Vergara. Mmmmm. MUY Deliciosa!

5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Don't really get these oldies having sex stories, sure it's ok if you've got to do it, but no one looks and performs that great at 60 however much we'd like to lie to ourselves about it.

Far too little was said about Pat, it was as if her life was a mystery .... which may go a long way to explaining why she cheated. The MC comes across as emotionally unavailable ... sure we were warned about this, accountant and policeman but still it'd be a bit better to portray him as a rounded human being rather than someone just going through a life plan.

Other than that the writing was good as usual.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Easy improvements to this story.

1. Cat should be in her 40s.

2. Pat should have lost out in the divorce, and we should have been told how much it has impacted in her life. 2k a month and her salary as a teacher is more than enough to live a good life. As I see it, she's not lost out on anything other than a partner she wanted to cheat on. Let's see the reality of the prenup.

3. The MC shouldn't have gone off to Florida. It's the gonorrhea capital of the USA, full of wrinklies passing it to each other. Or was Pat getting it in Connecticut some inside joke?? If so the MC should have bought a house over a sinkhole, to come back one night to find it had swallowed up his entire life including Cat.

4. Put some emotion into the story, it reads like too people who have just got bored and tired I each other after being married for too long. No real sadness, no real fighting to stop the loss of something great .... just a fizzle and a parting of ways.

AlleybarberAlleybarber8 months ago

There is no depth in any of the characters, hence the reason why it was lacklustre. The story arc felt like you were already racing to the end.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Umm why did Pat suddenly do what she did, knowing btw there was a prenuptial? She obviously planned it to teach, but she didn't expect her husband to go to Florida. So did she screw her boss with premeditation before he left on the cruise or when she dropped the bombshell about not retiring or did she due it in part out of anger because he went on the cruise and then onto Florida? We can't tell because she is like a robot. And her character comes off stilted. Story was a bit odd. And why woukd Cat in her want early 20s(?) go out with a guy nearly 60. Huh?

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman8 months ago

2nd reading for me and an interesting story of a wife thinking she is the Boss or Queen, etc. Just wondered why she would get 2,000 a month alimony and no mention of the house.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I think it was very typical for Black Randall to advise the author to add a "living well is the best revenge" ending, because B.R. is a crowd pleaser. But I think it was pointless for this story (as it often is), and the author should have not taken her advice. Otherwise, very good story.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c17 months ago

U made a big deal about the prenuptial and then poof it is gone? Why bother with it?

RimmerdalRimmerdal7 months ago

Nothing about how much more equity he had from the pre-nup which was a major factor of the story. Would have went 5*s but not now.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I agree that the living well wasnt relevant, nor was the background info that stopped the story just as it was getting going. I am perplexed why the mc was paying anything, he was retired whilst she was working, surely she'll be the one paying. Finally it was a bit obvious that she had taken the job because of an affair, The mc was a policeman but it didnt take much to work that one out yet the mc didn't.

oldtwitoldtwit7 months ago

What a nice, nearly said sweet, story, the plot was really good, the characters were well defined and described.

WillowghbyWillowghby7 months ago
Almost Fabulous

TSG has delivered an almost outstanding story. The basic plot is well designed with clear MCs and a full history of the relationship. What's missing are the issues that fail to be put to rest (where's the pre-nup? why does SHE get alimony and health paid?) and how does a retired Pediatrician (aged at least over 50?) be mistaken for a teener? With some polishing, this tome would rise to the top of the heap.

Thanks, TSG, for a goodie.

Keep 'em comin'!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Missing any final reaction from his ex. Plus, why have that whole section in the beginning about the prenup and include anything about it in the divorse? Lastly. why did Steve, the ex's boss, and his ex get away with sex send no suit against marriage interference OR sex between boss-subordinate. Too much left out.

NitpicNitpic7 months ago
Where

Where did the ranch and the money to buy it come from,also the three condominiums?Who buys a property that needs modernising and a mortgage to buy even after the money from the house and three condominiums has been used in the purchase?.

DickSnugfitDickSnugfit6 months ago

Oh I thoroughly agree with every one of the NINE previous commentators, and every single point that they raised, including that this was a jolly-good story, and could easily have been "Bloody Brilliant" if the burn hadn't been quite so strangulated, and the cheating whore wife been allowed to confess to at least a tiny sliver of her sins, and her somewhat dystopic rationale.

As it stands, it leaves the reader with that sour unpleasant taste in the mouth, of an unfinished-climax that nearly, but never-quite-was!

R.S.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit6 months ago

Thoroughly enjoyable. Chris made it clear before marriage that he wouldn’t accept unilateral decisions. Pat overstepped badly. My dad passed before age 50, and I’ve had friends not reach 60. Delaying their planned put their plans risked one becoming ill or passing before the opportunity returned. Chris was justified and didn’t waste energy on revenge.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I am in complete agreement with the previous comment by Willowghby (including the 'Almost Fabulous' part). Before reading it, I had noticed the same things about the story that he mentioned, and concluded that it would be pointless to simply repeat the same things he said.

I'd only add that it is also pointless (unless 'baiting' the reader) for an author to spend the time and effort to write a prenup into the story's setup, even going so far as to 'insist' on its revision before signing it, only to ignore it for the divorce settlement part.

This is the second story I've read in the last couple of days (different authors) where this same thing has happened. In each case, substantial text was written in order to describe prenups never used.

RanDog025RanDog0256 months ago

Excellent story! Other Authors could learn from you. I commend you for not showing all the bad habits others have picked up here at Literotica. I'm now a follower! Thank you. 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Story died at the end.

UTtexas88UTtexas885 months ago

Love the reference to Vince Flynn novels and totally agree that Kyle is doing a bang up job expanding the Mitch Rapp story.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I did feel that the story unraveled a bit at the end. Fantastic start. The end seemed out-of-character for Chris

at the end. Maybe to convey his own complexity?

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

It started okay, but it fizzled early for me. Some of it didn't make much sense character motivation-wise. Don't even get me started on the unused plot setups.

Aej_1Aej_14 months ago

I wish that writers would stop following the rules of the creative writers courses and write from the heart. Too formulaic, piled high with unnecessary detail and drivel. Sorry,just my opinion.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Chris is a stupid asshole. Fucking time waste reading this drivel

Just_WordsJust_Words3 months ago

I really like this story. It is wonderfully written, although I still can't understand the affair. Maybe that's the nature of affairs sometimes. Reading it again, I especially liked the line, "I met Patricia Jean O'Conner a year after finishing school." There are two ways to read that sentence and one of them cracked me up!

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Shocking the husbands dialogue sounded like cop speak. A bit rushed in the end after all the hashing and rehashing of Pops logical dialogue. The wife was a big mouthed, arrogant, no class slut. O have little experience with Family Court Judges,however in most lengthy marriage/diverse actions on the site, counselling seems to be the norm.... Why would a judge award the cheater it when she gave him an STD and not had sex with him for over a year. On top of that he spent much of his time in another state?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

"A legal-size stripper produced enough meat for three months of fish 'Taco Tuesdays'" - I hafta say, I'm not a fan of cannibalism in my LW stories...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Agree wholeheartedly with the Anonymous commenter from six months ago with the post starting with "Ummmm..". I feel the excitement same way. Why focus on a prenuptial but never bring up. Not much clarity on why the affair or when it started. Was it even necessary? Wasn't thr backbone that he and she had totally different life paths mapped out? And really Catalina is like 30 years younger? Really?

consulting91consulting91about 2 months ago

This does feel like something that happens all the time. But I wanted to hear more about his wife, when the affair started and why. Had she been with her boss for years and simply didn’t love her husband or just took him for granted?

Also, her getting alimony and the house after the whole pre nup confused me.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 1 month ago

Always worth a reread. thanks for writing

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

Another self-entitled slut throwing thirty plus years away, men see fidelity as one of the main reasons we invest so much into a marriage, women see how much we invest into a marriage as a reason they can throw that fidelity away. In simple terms men invest in marriage for fidelity, women invest in fidelity for the marriage, that's why for a man if the fidelity is gone the marriage is a lost investment, for women the fidelity can be given away because they think they'll still have the marriage.

AnonymousAnonymous25 days ago

Story makes little sense. And of course the hero Leo husband can do and on wrong while the slut wife commits sin after sin, to the point of being a dumb caricature.

Characters like this aren’t interesting. Especially the husband.

AnonymousAnonymous24 days ago

i think my distrust and hatred of teachers and all affiliates of the various teachers unions is only 2nd to that of my hatred disgust disdain and scorn for the party they support, the democrap pty and its shameless hypocrisy, corruption, mendacity, greed for money and power, hatred of the citizenry and of the need to justify their agenda to stupid voters due to their self proclaimed intelligence(bs) arrogance(from wealth unearned) and denial of any accountability for every catastrophe their agenda had burdened the citizenry with. teachers ,like dem poiliticians lie about what they stand for, what they do for their constituents(zip)what they expect to mget for themselves and insist that what they mandate for others not apply to themselves. all scum all democraps, all shld go to the guillotine. good story, well written, pushed all my negative buttons resulting in present diatribe. mc was too honorable and not vindictive enuf, sad. rk

Elias1Elias119 days ago

Style Guy is one of the best writers on this forum ... write more

Schwanze1Schwanze118 days ago

Reading again.

Page 1

Prenup is fine but if the two don't become one but rather roommates with separate finances, don't even start.

Too much baggage. Dump her and go no contact with mom.

Page 3

Ten minutes before the start of class. 🤣

Oh shit. He's getting involved with a Latina. Only thing scarier is a Russian woman. Both LOTS of fun but scary.

Page 4

Like a bull rider? As I said, LOTS of fun. Never boring. Try not to fuck up. That gets ugly quick.

Neighborhood teenager. 🤣

End

Damn good story. He should have run that day when they ambushed him with the prenup.

AnonymousAnonymous15 days ago

rk annie from nine days ago: Reading your comment tells me you didn't pay attention in class, please don't blame teachers for your failings.

Thank you Style Guy, enjoyed your tale.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymous7 days ago

love this story!

sbmcruisesbmcruise3 days ago

After all the fuss about the prenup, then we didn't hear a word about it in the divorce and he ended up paying alimony. It did set the stage for the outrage at the wife's unilateral decision to go back to work. Ten minutes before the start of class was fabulous.

justbobkcjustbobkc2 days ago

5 stars.

Pretty good illustrating the kind of liberal/feminist - and Marxist - brainwashing propaganda girls and women get today. That her "career" is always most important and what defines her importance to (liberal) society. And "just" being a good wife and mother isn't hardly worth mentioning.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userThe Style Guy@The Style Guy
I'm a professionally employed male and I live in southern New England.

story TAGS