The Corrupted Forest Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The ranger made his arrival known with a slight bow to the noble king. Truth be told Bao didn't really know the man, beyond reputation, but he respected him with all his heart because of what he did know.

"We're waiting for two more your highness." Said the armored knight at the king's side. A smooth metallic helmet nestled under the man's left arm. The knight had short, brown hair, a noble clean-shaven face with golden brown eyes.

"Yes, yes the two monks. No doubt had to wait for permission before leaving their monastery." The king replied with impatience. He had a well-kept gray beard that hid most of his wrinkled face. Bao imagined his crown hid a bald head as well. His tired, old grey eyes shined with troubled wisdom.

Something had the man stressed out more than Bao had ever seen before. It peaked the ranger's interest.

The grand hall doors opened with an echoing creak. Bao turned to see two robed figures stroll towards them. To his surprise one of them appeared to be female. The ranger had no idea the monks allowed women into their order. The taller man reached up with both hands and pushed his hood back to reveal a focused face void of hair besides the very top of his head, that was braided and appeared to flow back to his shoulders. The sides of his head were shaved, just like his face. He bowed low before speaking with a loud, yet controlled voice.

"We apologize for our late arrival my liege. We've been having trouble contacting our order in the west." The king leaned back into his chair; his worried expression deepened.

"I have a bad feeling that it might be connected to the reason I have called you here." The noble man spoke gravely. "The sacred forest has been shrouded in a strange green mist. The wizards stationed within have grown silent."

That caused Bao to start at the mention of the guardians.

Beside him the bard gasped at the news. "Poor young Enorim. Surely you intend to act m'lord?"

"Why else would I call you all here?" He replied incredulously. "The six of you will enter the forest and make contact with the guardians."

At that the knight kneeled, "as you command my lord."

So, Bao knew why he had been called upon. He traveled to the forest every couple of months, to deliver goods and local news to the wizards. He alone was their contact from beyond the sacred land they protected. The younger Enorim served his mentor, Magus Proteus.

The elder wizard never left the forest, but his apprentice had joined Bao a few times to Saelmere. Though the ranger had no idea of the bard's relationship with the young man.

The party didn't linger long as servants entered with supplies for them. The king didn't mess around when his kingdom might be in danger. A simple scouting party to keep things quiet until a real threat is revealed. For all they knew the green mist could be nothing more than discolored fog due to the coloration of the sacred land.

The six set out with all due haste. The knight known as Ir Shodrug led them through the castle's service exits. They weren't secret passageways, yet still unknown to the common castle guests. Bao found himself wondering where the secret ones were.

Along the way-out Bao overheard the priest introduce herself to the female monk.

"Lerah Stisk" she had called herself. He couldn't make out much more because of how softly she spoke.

******

Neshis Huhreld returned the kind priest's greeting with a smile, her bright green eyes gave off a sparkle of power.

"Everyone calls me Nes."

"Do you think these events are connected?"

"I hope not. The order has taken good care of me since before I can recall." Nes kept her hood on during the meeting with the king. She liked to keep her emotions masked behind the shadow it created. Many a man had underestimated her skills in martial arts simply because she was a woman.

She had been taught to keep a level head during any encounter, but she couldn't help that she took pride in throwing insolent fools onto their butts with ease.

The monk order operated much differently than any other organization. Their secrets were kept well, and no one questioned them to be anything other than peacekeepers. Neshis and her mentor Chorfazi Dagazis has been stationed in Saelmere for almost ten years now. The city had an old monastery with a modest library and humble living quarters.

Since the two lived within the old walls alone they were able to setup rather comfortable rooms, separate rooms of course.

Nes couldn't tell the sweet priest any details. In fact, she knew the woman wouldn't believe her even if she did. You see the monks didn't communicate with each other by conventual means. No ravens with little pieces of paper or anything of the like. They operated in secret and the way they communicated is why the world didn't think twice about them.

You see the world thought of them as nothing but religious folk living around the world to spread their message. When in fact they were the main force protecting the world from evil, or simply supernatural threats.

It sounded ridiculous to Nes the first time she heard it. However, once she proved worthy of learning their secrets, she understood everything. Well not everything but enough to know that they were the good guys. They didn't get involved with petty human struggles. The notion of who controlled what or who fought over land didn't matter to them. The world would go on without their interference so long as humans had free will.

Neshis realized her thoughts were roaming before getting back to the subject at hand. Did she think the wizard's silence had anything to do with her order's sudden vanish from the dream state?

In case you didn't already know, the dream state is the dimension or realm that all minds go when they dream. The monks had discovered a way to walk within the realm of dreams. That is how they communicated across the world without ever sending 'notes' between each other.

Chorfazi and Neshis have been searching the dream state for several months with no luck. Their order simple vanished without a word. Her mentor had agreed to this 'adventure' because the guardians were another form of protection within the world.

The wizards had one thing in common with the monks. They safe guarded one of the world's magic lay-lines. A fountain of powerful energy that could not be left alone. These foundations had the power to change worlds. That's right worlds, not just their world.

Neshis had taken a long time to adjust to that knowledge. While in the dream state it wasn't uncommon to stumble in on someone's personal dream. Granted a personal dream varied by the owner's imagination, however, the things she has seen. . . They weren't of this world. Nothing from her world could have imagined some of the things she saw.

When the party exited the castle grounds, she rejoined her mentor's side. They traveled with their hands clasped together within the sleeves of their robes.

"Do you think something has happened to the wizards?" She asked quietly, allowing the party to get slightly ahead of them.

"I fear so. I've never encountered a time when I couldn't reach my order in the DS. My greatest fear is that someone or something has learned of the lay-lines."

He looked back over his shoulder as the castle walls overshadowed them. "I sensed no evil within the king or his court. Perhaps this kingdom will be key in fighting the force causing trouble in the west."

For hours they walked, having left the city without causing a fuss. The working peasants didn't bat an eye when they saw a mixed party walking through the streets. A ranger and knight led them while a bard, priest and two monks followed. If anyone questioned their motives the calm presence of the monks set them at ease.

~*~

Three days it took before they climbed the last hill and could see the great forest in the valley below. Bao Hardfal couldn't believe his eyes. The once verdant paradise appeared shrouded in thick unnatural green mist. The toxic looking cloud covered the trees that were barely visible. Yet, the mist didn't extend out far from the forest's edge.

Sera Sharpsinger broke the silence that had fallen among the group. "What could cause that?"

"I'm not sure, I've never seen anything like it before," replied Bao.

They hesitated but made their way down into the valley. Once they were close enough they stopped and studied the unnatural mist. From far away they could faintly see the trees within, however, from this close they couldn't see more than a foot within the dense cloud.

"Fog doesn't condense like this. It's like a wall is blocking it from expanding out. But, there's nothing but air." Bao said as he reached out to touch the green vapor.

"No don't!" Squeaked Lerah Stisk, startling everyone, a hand covering her mouth.

Bao pulled his hand back and looked back, heartbeat pounding against his chest. "What's wrong? Besides the obvious, I mean."

"W-what if it's acidic?" The priest asked, lightly chewing on her lower lip.

The ranger pulled an arrow from his quiver and stuck it into the swirling green mess. The vapor swirled around the arrowhead harmlessly, then...

Bao's eyes opened wide as he cried out, arm being pulled forward. Lerah screamed as the knight rushed to the ranger's aid.

Right before his gloved hand entered Bao's arm stopped and he looked back over his shoulder. He couldn't stop laughing before apologizing. The priest and bard stared at him incredulously.

"That wasn't funny," Ir the knight said in irritation.

"I know, I'm sorry, couldn't resist."

When he pulled the arrow back the mist remained behind the invisible wall.

"Well, we have to see," Bao said before removing his glove and reaching out with his shaking hand. The vapor swirled around his hand, it tickled. But otherwise, nothing happened.

Lerah squeaked, covering her mouth with both hands as she watched closely, and then let out a sigh, "ok, not acidic."

Bao pulled his hand back. Besides a slight tingle it was not harmed. He didn't even notice as the tingle had a subtle, yet pleasant side effect. He looked back at the fragile priest, admiring her long golden hair and bright blue eyes. When he felt a twitch, he shook the thoughts away and turned back towards the mist.

The monks stood off to the side, studying the phenomenal sight before them.

"Well, we didn't come all this way to stand around, let's get going." Ir Shodrug spat out Impatiently. He strolled into the cloud. Momentarily shocked by his entire body tingled pleasantly. Knowing he shouldn't show weakness he kept his cool and continued walking.

Both monks looked at each other and nodded before followed the knight. Neshis reacted more outwardly than her mentor, gasping, placing a gloved hand on her chest.

Her hood flew off her head, revealing long red hair kept in a tight bun. She stood there in shock as lewd images flashed in her mind, cheeks flushing bright red like her hair.

Her mentor only paused briefly before continuing on. But she noticed he moved his hands. Subtlety placed in front of his crotch. Her embarrassment went to new heights as she imagined getting on her knees in front of him. She couldn't believe herself. Never had she thought of him like that.

The remaining three entered at once and each froze, gasping for breath. The mist affected each of them differently. Well not entirely so, more like made them think naughty, steamy thoughts towards someone different.

Ir Shodrug turned slightly and regarded the ranger, "lead the way," he said in almost a whisper. He refused to let the mist effect him further. Respected as a noble knight he wouldn't allow lewd thoughts to cloud his judgement, not today!

Bao nodded after some trouble reeling in his thoughts.Focus he kept repeating to himself. He struggled and couldn't completely stop thinking of the women in his company. However, he started moving regardless. He knew the way like the back of his hand.

Not much good that did when you couldn't see. He stumbled around, searching for landmarks. Anything he recognized.

Chorfazi Dagazis walked next the the knight and questioned him more on anything he knew.

Neshis watched distractedly from behind. She gave a start when Lerah came up beside her and undid her bun.

"You have such lovely hair; you shouldn't hide it."

Nes froze on the spot, becoming agitated. Before she could stop the beautiful priest, she felt waves of embarrassed pleasure boil her blood. Lerah began rubbing her scalp to fluff out her hair. But the tingles caused by the mist heightened her senses. The pleasure shot right down into her clit and throbbed, knees buckling.

She gasped out; breath caught in her throat. Such a simple gesture shouldn't feel that good. Thoughts of kneeling before her mentor were replaced by submitting to the hot young priest. Then the two of them submitting to a shrouded man in robes.

The man's silhouette was unknown to her. Yet, the mere sight of him sent her loins quivering in anticipation.

Her messy hair flowed with the wind as Lerah stared into her eyes with longing.

"Uh, I'm sorry! I don't know what came over me," the priest cried out in a shocked squeal, cheeks turning red, matching Nes'.

The young monk simply stood there, mouth a gap, drool forming at her lips. Her normally bright green eyes were slightly glassy and dulled. The mist made her feel damp and warm. Yet, the wetness dripping down her legs was from herself.

Her lips quivered as she found herself leaning forward. Mere inches from the priests when they were interrupted.

"You should keep up ladies, don't want to get lost," Sera the bard said from ahead. Nes gave a start and refocused, embarrassed.

The two sped up to rejoin the party, hearts racing.

~*~

Within the crystal blue waters of the ley-line A green woman bathed. Enorim admired her beauty from the doorway. She rarely left the waters these days. Not since she told him she was pregnant.

The waters had been forbidden to him for his entire training. And they should still be. But, his mentor wasn't alive to stop him. And he simply couldn't resist her.

Tatiana leaned back, enjoying the magical waters caressing her body. Her belly was so large it helped her back by staying within the pool. She'd never been pregnant before. Normally when she had sex with a human, she devoured their soul. A truly divine meal if she said so herself.

However, the green skinned Succubus had stumbled upon the source of power she had never experienced before. It was connected to the planet and was one source of the world's magic. Having sex with Enorim within the waters had not only saved his life, but also created new life.

She rubbed her belly with a warm smile upon her lips. To say she was eager to see her unborn child would be an understatement of the century.

She sighed with content as she ran her hands up her body, and through her wet, green hair. Contemplating how she would break the news to her sexy wizard about her true identity. She was after all a Succubus named Viridis, not the fae Tatiana, she had led him to believe.

They had continued to have sex within the waters ever since she realized he wouldn't die. The continued exposure to the waters and sex with a Succubus was changing him. The affects were subtle at first but she noticed them before he did.

He was getting stronger, more agile. And not to mention his sex drive was off the charts. Perhaps there was more to his transformation than met the eye? Maybe she wouldn't ever need to tell him if he became like her. An incubus perhaps? Only time would tell.

When he stirred at the doorframe, she noticed him finally. How long had he been there admiring her? Tatiana slowly moved to the water's edge, waving him forward. The prominent bulge in his robes gave away the purpose of his visit.

She smiled warmly, knowing it had been a full day since his last visit. "Come here lover, let me take care of you."

He looked relieved, as if he had been desperate. And yet, afraid that she wouldn't be interested. The farther her pregnancy went the less she desired sex. Well she always desired sex, it was just uncomfortable at the moment. The waters were speeding up the process and it wouldn't be long now.

The Succubus motioned for him to sit down, legs dangling into the water. He opened his robes and followed her instructions. The moment his raging hard-on came into view Tatiana licked her suddenly dry lips. She was hungry after all.

He leaned back as she teased him, kissing along his thigh, fingers tickling his balls. His flesh tingled as energy shot up his veins. The ley-line fueled his pleasure, took it to new heights.

Her lips aimed for his weapon, closing in with each kiss. Enorim leaned back, enjoying the cool floor's chill seeping through his robes.

He had never experienced a woman like Tatiana before. She kept him on his toes. Never knowing what she'd do or how she'd blow his mind next.

She gave him a light kiss at his base and smiled when he groaned. Proceeding to lick his length and planting a kiss at his glands, tasting his pre-cum. She loved everything about the sexual act. Built for it, raised to savor the feast.

At first their encounters didn't last long. For how inexperienced he was she hadn't expected any less. That quickly changed as they continued to fuck. She didn't know if he was just a quick learner; or whether it was the exposure to her, or the ley-line that caused it. However, the reason, he was lasting a lot longer now.

She took him into her mouth and sucked hard before releasing him with an echoing pop. Continuing to tease him as she contemplated her new life.

Her kind were viewed as evil demonic fiends from a hell dimension. Which was true from a certain point of view. She had visited many worlds, many dimensions. For all their differences they all had some form of explanation for her kind.

The one thing they all had wrong was the thing that troubled her most. Everyone always threw that word, evil. Like it defined them as a unified force or something.

Sure, some of them were evil. You could say that about any sentient race though. They all had their good and bad apples, so to speak.

Her life as Viridis had been spent in competition with her sisters. They survived off the life force of others. And with that life essence came their souls. Which just so happened to also be the source of their power. And the main reason why they were all considered pure evil creatures from hell.

Was a predator evil for killing its prey? If that predator killed for sport, then yes. Otherwise they weren't evil for enacting their nature.

Now maybe somewhere out there in the vast infinite universe there was a horrible collective of demons ruled by one satanic asshole. All Viridis knew was that, she didn't come from there.

She came from a place where all her fellow demons were sexual in nature. They fought for dominion over one another sure. But that was no different than two wolves fighting over who'll be alpha, right?

Enorim moaned and whimpered, bringing his hands into her hair. She was treading him after all, building him up. She giggled softly before letting him pull her down, deep throating him.

Now that she was here, posing as a fae. Satisfied internally without the need to kill her wizard lover. Had her agendas changed? She thought so at least.

She fled from the great conqueror Meridiana and found a little slice of heaven for herself. Laying claim to the enchanted forest felt like enough for her. Her own little land to protect as her magics seeped into the fae creatures within, subtly changing them. They would flock to her naturally without realizing it.

Her own spell the green mist would eventually be a solid barrier no one would dare cross with ill intent.

She smiled and hummed causing her throat to vibrate around his dick. When he cried out in bliss, she couldn't help but inwardly smile. She loved driving him crazy. At least driving him crazy sexually.