The Cruise

Story Info
Wife goes around the world.
7k words
4.17
68.3k
71
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
demander
demander
1,493 Followers

THE CRUISE

Ronald Palmer and his wife Dee attended a charity ball given by the owner of the company she worked at -- one Harmon Voder. The company was CGI, Inc. an 'investment' firm. They were basically an arbitrage firm, that bought distressed businesses and savaged them for profit. Dee had worked there since she quit her job as local prosecutor -- trying to make some money on her own. She had been there for four years, and now worked directly for Voder. Ronald had money, due to his law practice, started when he got his law degree and passed the bar.

Now, they were both forty-four, with all three offspring in college, or beyond. They'd been married twenty-four years. They had just celebrated that anniversary a week before the ball. There wouldn't be a twenty-fifth anniversary celebration.

Ron had not really wanted to attend this gala. Dee had convinced him that it was important for her work. The tickets were five thousand each. The venue was a ritzy downtown hotel, in the ballroom.

The main reason that Ron had not wanted to attend was the current state of his marriage. Ron worked at his law practice from home. He met his business clients at a Starbucks. No overhead, except the rising price of a latte. Dee was almost never home these days, and that bothered Ron. When she was at home, she seemed indifferent to him. That had been going on for some months. Ron's inclination was not to help out his spouse, whom he suspected of some sort of infidelity. However, Ron agreed to go in order to assess the situation -- to see if he could better identify the reason for Dee's increasing distance from him.

As they entered the venue, Dee waltzed up to Voder and gave him a big hug. Voder turned to Ron, held out his hand, and they shook.

Voder said, "I'm glad you could attend, Ron. Dee here has been a great boon to our company, and she made many of the arrangements for this ball."

Ron said, "Good to see you Harmon." Then he shut up. Harmon was a tall, fit guy, forty-five, dark hair with a widow's peak. He had a hawkish nose, and his smile had always seemed predatory to Ron.

Harmon hesitated when Ron stopped talking. Then he put his arm around Dee and said, "Why don't you get a drink while Dee and I greet some of our other guests."

Ron nodded, said nothing. He had noted the use of the word 'our.' Harmon looked a little non-plussed. But he swept Dee away. Ron watched them with some detachment. He found that he intensely disliked Harmon, and also that he didn't give a shit about Dee, and whatever she had going with Voder.

When he realized that, Ron was surprised. He and Dee had one basic agreement when they married. That was simple. Each would be 100% faithful. Any deviation would result in divorce. They had made a written agreement to that effect, with certain conditions attached about property division. Dee's family insisted upon that. But Ron had readily agreed, since he was adamant about the agreement not to stray.

Dee went with Harmon, but felt uncomfortable, because of Ron's obvious displeasure when Harmon greeted them. She had been having sex with Harmon for about two months. She didn't intend to stop -- yet. But she loved Ron. Harmon was good for her self-esteem, and good in bed. But she'd spent many years with Ron. She knew he was a good guy. They had raised a family together, and prospered together. And, although Ron was a low-key fellow, he was also attractive, and a good lover, exciting her even now after many years.

But as she walked next to Harmon to greet people, Dee realized that she had given Ron short shrift since she had started screwing the boss. She hadn't given him the best of her love. She was sad -- a little sad -- about this. Because things were about to get worse between them, as she knew.

Ron leaned against the bar, drinking a red wine. He carefully watched Dee and Harmon socializing. He realized that people were treating them as a couple. He decided to leave. He had all the information he needed. Ron knew that there was a dinner planned. He assumed that he and Dee would be seated next to each other. As he walked out past the head table, he saw that Harmon and Dee were both seated there, and that he was not. So much for his assumptions.

Ron took the car home. Dee could no doubt make her way, if in fact she intended to come home.

Dee was having a great time, accompanying Harmon as they greeted and spoke to the fancy people who had been able to afford the price of admission. When the dinner was announced, Dee looked for Ron, to tell him where she would be sitting and where he would sit. But she didn't see him. And when she and Harmon took their seats, she did not see Ron at the table where she had put him, off to the left rear with some younger employees. After some time, she concluded that Ron was gone. She was mightily pissed off about that. It never occurred to her that Ron might have been equally pissed off at her -- or more so.

She mentioned his absence to Harmon as they ate.

"Just as well, Dee. He's a spare part, now. Maybe he realized it and left."

Dee said, "Harmon, he's my husband, and despite what we're doing, and going to do, I do love him. He'll be hurt. But I plan to reunite with him, after the cruise."

"What about me? The cruise will....cement our relationship."

"I didn't say I was abandoning you. I'm abandoning him for you. But, I expect to be back with him, at least part time, after the cruise."

"We'll see about that, Dee." Harmon smiled his predatory smile.

Harmon was infatuated with Dee. She was a beautiful woman, with a full figure. Just as he liked. He wasn't married -- now. And he had spent a good deal of time seducing her. She was a firecracker in bed, fully the equal of any woman he had fucked. He intended to keep her after the cruise. No part time for him -- or for her little-man husband. None for him.

Ron sat in his chair at home and considered his options. He decided to prepare to split from Dee. He analyzed his feelings for her, and found that he had very little regard left for her. She was aware about his feeling on fidelity. Yet it was obvious that she had screwed Vidor. So, a deal's a deal. He was taken aback somewhat by how calm he was about it. One thing, though, Vidor had to suffer. And he would.

Dee came home that night at about one am. Ron was asleep. He found that he could go to sleep at his usual ten pm, and not toss and turn. He did wake up when Dee came in the front door. He looked out and saw Vidor's car -- a sporty SUV -- driving off.

He waited until Dee came into the bedroom, then sat up.

She started in on him right away.

"You embarrassed me by leaving like that. What were you thinking?"

"That you had shunted me aside in favor of your boyfriend. And that you didn't care who knew it. So, I left. I wasn't about to stick around to be humiliated more. Fuck you."

His outburst seemed to daunt Dee. She took a step back.

"I'm sorry you feel like that. I.....it was just that I had to sit at the head table. It was my function. I see you must have felt....slighted."

"Sure did."

"Well, I had no intention of humiliating you." 'Yet,' she thought.

"Uh huh." He turned over away from her, turned out his bed light. Conversation over.

Dee took a shower and came to bed. Ron was actually asleep then. Dee was not ready to deal with Ron and the cruise. She needed to do some prep work before she sprang it on him. She decided that she should pay more attention to him and his needs - more than she had been, at least.

Ron was up early and out for a run. Of late he had let himself go a bit, possibly depressed. That had to stop. When he got home an hour later, Dee was just on her way out.

She said, "I want to make it up to you about last night. I'll take you out to dinner. Maybe we can go dancing or something."

"Maybe." Ron's voice didn't drip with enthusiasm.

Dee got into the car and drove off. Ron lifted some weights downstairs, then worked all morning. He had an appointment with a lawyer in the afternoon. He went to the bank beforehand. He took most of the savings, and a lot from the checking. That all went into a new account. Ron had a rainy-day fund, started a while ago. It was part in cash in his home safe, and part in a safe deposit box -- coins and stamps. He didn't touch any of that. He did look at apartment ads while waiting for the lawyer. For Dee. The house had been his since his grandmother died when he was in college.

The lawyer set out the basic divorce law in the state. Ron wasn't surprised by any of it. The divorce would not cost much if he showed infidelity.

Next, he went to visit one of his business clients, who had access to research on companies like Vidor's. He set up an account, and ordered a full exploration of CGI. Two to three days was the estimate.

Then he went home, at about five.

Dee arrived at six. She had reservations at a local bar and restaurant that they both had liked before. The evening went well. Ron had decided to enjoy himself. They went dancing. They both used to like that, back a year or so when they were close. This time it was fun. They had sex when they got home. Ron enjoyed that, too. He hadn't had much lately, and didn't pay much attention to Dee's reactions. It turned out that Dee liked his wham bam approach. She liked it as much the second time. In between she licked his cock, spending a lot of time and sensuous effort on that. Until he turned her over and fucked her doggy style. She came while rubbing herself. Came hard.

Ron thought it might be their last time. Dee thought that as well. Her arrangements for the bad news blood-letting were in place. She thought it would be on Saturday. The cruise was set for the next Friday.

Ron got the report on CGI two days later, on Thursday. He went over it with his friend, and saw some weaknesses in CGI's current positions. Actually, it was one big weakness -- almost all their working capital was into one deal -- Major Enterprises. They had bought it, and were about to tear it apart, selling off assets and closing a plant in Indiana that made parts for riding lawn mowers. They were looking for buyers for some of the other assets. The major asset of Major was a patent for a type of sealed ball bearing used in many vehicles. CGI was going to sell the patent. It was obvious that the sale would be needed for the deal to make any money.

CGI needed the sale to go through quickly. They had borrowed to do the deal, short term. If they failed to sell promptly, they'd default. Ron thought about all that. He went to see another buddy of his -- Bobby Hart. Bobby was a squirrel, now. Locked away in his small house doing strange things on his computer. He and Bobby had a long talk about the 'dark' net and some methods of exploiting it. Ron left with a further plan.

Saturday came and found Ron mowing the lawn in the afternoon when Vidor's car pulled into his driveway. Vidor got out and went inside, ignoring Ron. Ron finished his task and went in the back way. He picked up a short machete as he did. He walked through the kitchen and found Vidor and Dee in the living room. Dee had packed some luggage, which was sitting by the front door.

Dee said, "Ron, you're not going to like this. But, Harmon and I are going on a cruise. We'll be gone for eight months. The cruise is an around the world one. I know this is short notice to you. But I'll be back, and we can resume then."

Ron looked at her and Harmon. "Fuck you both. Get out of my house, and don't come back. You have three minutes."

Harmon said, "You can't toss us out. She lives here."

"Tell him who owns the house, Dee."

"Harmon, Ron owns the house. I don't. Let's just go."

"Fuck this prick. We'll wait for a few minutes." Harmon got up and stood by the couch.

Ron took the machete from behind his leg. He stood about ten feet from Harmon. He looked at his watch.

"Two minutes, asshole. You and your slut can leave, or not. But....." He moved the machete back and forth, then slashed the air between Harmon and Dee.

Dee scrambled for the bags by the door. She screamed at Harmon, "He means it. Run!"

Harmon picked up two bags and jogged out the door. He and Dee stowed them in his car and drove away. Ron looked from the doorway. When they had disappeared, he texted Dee.

'DO NOT COME BACK HERE.'

Then he got a rake and tidied up in the yard.

That evening he called his three children. James was the oldest at twenty-two. The twin girls were twenty. James worked in Seattle. The girls were at school -- mid-state.

All of them were surprised by Dee's departure, and the twins especially were unsettled. Ron simply told them that he'd be okay, and that he hoped that they would as well. He let them know that Dee was the instigator, and that she had been unfaithful with her boss. He had no idea where the cruise was going or any details. They each had Dee's cell number.

Ron had Dee served with the divorce papers, alleging adultery and abandonment. That happened at her work. She left a furious message on his cell phone, and one on the house land line. He listened, then erased them. He was certain that she was wrong when she claimed that he would come crawling back to her.

Dee was not prepared for Ron's immediate stoic reaction to her going on a cruise with another man. She had run, because she believed that Ron would act on his threat with the machete. She believed it because she had seen him with that stoic look on two other occasions. Both times violence followed swiftly. She was glad Harmon didn't push it. He might have been disabled.

Still, she had expected a more emotional reaction from Ron. They'd been so long together, and now she was....well, going to be with another man. It was almost as if Ron didn't love her at all. She was disappointed. She had been confident that Ron would take her back after the cruise, share her with Harmon. Now, she saw that as delusional. And it made her very uneasy -- all her eggs in one basket.

Dee asked Harmon what she should do about the divorce action. It alleged adultery, abandonment, and irreconcilable differences.

He said, "Get a lawyer and ask him. I really don't know. I let lawyers handle all that."

So Dee went to a local family law firm, and spoke to Charles Baker.

Baker said, "Are you going on a cruise for eight months with your boss?"

"Yes."

"And, have you been intimate with him of late?"

"Yes."

"So, all the allegations in the complaint are true?"

"Yes."

"And....I understand that you signed an agreement when you were married -- about fidelity. Have you a copy?"

"Yes." She handed him the copy.

"Hmm. Well, I don't believe I can do much for you. We could ask for counselling. But you'd have to cancel the cruise to go. Are you willing to do that?"

"No."

"So, why don't you agree to the divorce and move on with your new friend?"

"It doesn't seem right. That he just tosses me away without a fight."

"Pardon me for saying this, but it seems to me that you've tossed him aside. And, maybe he doesn't mind that so much."

Dee was leaking tears. "We've been married so long. We raised a family. We have good sex. Why doesn't he fight?"

"Mrs. Palmer, your husband clearly has very strong feelings about marital fidelity. I believe that your marriage is basically over, and that you should accept that as a consequence of your......behavior."

Dee sat for some time, silent, leaking tears. Memories of her marriage and family flitted through her mind. She tried thinking about Harmon and her good times with him. But the other kept coming back. She knew, deep down, that she was a fool.

Maybe five minutes passed. The lawyer said nothing. Dee finally stood up.

She said, "Okay. We split the common money. I keep my retirement, and he keeps his. That's it, I guess. It's all so final and depressing. Ron will find himself alone. I worry."

She left the office.

Baker stared at the closed door, shaking his head. Once again, he was amazed at how incredibly stupid people could be. He drafted a reply to the complaint, agreeing to the terms set out.

Dee did not see Ron or her kids before she left on the cruise with Harmon. The first day out, there was a big meet and greet. She and Harmon introduced themselves around, not mentioning her marital status.

Sex that night with Harmon was.....unusually tepid. Dee just couldn't get started. She thought of her last night with Ron, and how good it had been. She thought about other nights when Ron made gentle love to her. She faked her orgasm. Harmon had no idea.

Their cruise started in NYC, went south to Savanah, then Miami, before heading to the Caribbean. Dee's depression gradually abated. Harmon was lively company, and the food and sights were great. But twelve days in, she hadn't had a single orgasm that she didn't produce herself. She didn't understand. When they fucked before the cruise, she got off with him regularly. Now....all fake. Harmon seemed happy, anyway.

Meanwhile, Ron was adjusting to the life of a single man. For that was now how he thought of himself. The divorce would take a few months, even though uncontested. No matter. Ron joined a fancy gym near home. Prior to that, he had run, lifted at home, and done body weight stuff as well. The gym was a revelation. They had nice equipment. They also had many women there, also with nice equipment. So many asses in spandex, so little time.

Ron became interested in hitting the heavy bag they had there. He found it both aerobic and strengthening. The women in tights liked to watch. Another perk. He took three home with him over his first month at the gym. Younger women who were interested mainly in getting screwed. He obliged. These sessions revealed that spandex can hide as much as expose. It's smooth and attractive. When it come off, the skin beneath may not be so attractive. Neverthess, all three of the young women stayed the night, and enjoyed themselves. Ron had invited two back. They came.

Bella Watson had been divorced for fifteen months. She taught third grade at a local public school. She had joined the gym for the same reason as Ron. She liked the look of Ron, especially when he was punching and kicking that bag. She thought he'd be great in bed. She knew that he had taken home some of the younger women. She was thirty-six, and had a fifteen year old daughter, Helen. Helen was at boarding school, paid for by her father -- Bella's ex. Bella was medium height, with a strong, shapely body. Her light brown hair was long, but in a ponytail at the gym. She knew that she looked good in spandex. She also knew she looked good out of spandex.

Since her divorce, Bella had explored the world of younger men. She found it to be a hit or miss proposition. Maybe 35% hit, and the rest various levels of miss. When she began noticing Ron, she was boffing a twenty-four-year-old personal trainer. Once a week, afternoons. No overnights. The sex was very good. Brady was attentive, and could be savage, when she needed that. Also, he was big. That didn't hurt -- after the first few times. She knew that Brady had other women. Her STD testing bill had become a major expense.

She decided to take Ron. That was how she thought of it. She wanted to fuck him, and so she would. He had little choice in the matter. Men were easy.

Bella was slowly idling along on an elliptical as she watched Ron going at the bag. She could see him through a window into the room. That's why she chose her machine. When she saw that he was finished with his somewhat savage attacks on the bag, she hopped off the elliptical and walked over to the door of the 'bag' room. She was standing there when Ron came out, toweling himself. Several younger women were watching with interest.

Bella tilted her head and looked him up and down. She smiled. The tip of her tongue was just visible past her parted lips. She looked him right in the eye.

demander
demander
1,493 Followers
12