The Deployment

Story Info
Bryan describes his experience in Iraq and his return home.
3.7k words
4.16
35.3k
26
7
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's note: This story does not have as much sex as my other stories do. My usual modus operandi is to get to the action quick, and include a lot of dirty details. This one is longer, and more detailed, about my second deployment to Iraq in the late 2000's and my return home. Like several of my stories, it is based on true events. If you are looking for a lurid tale that gets to the action quick, you may want to look elsewhere. This story was actually like a catharsis for me because I've never written about my experiences overseas. It is a long read, and I hope you enjoy!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It's 2 in the morning...

GONG! GONG! GONG! INCOMING! INCOMING! INCOMING!

GONG! GONG! GONG! INCOMING! INCOMING! INCOMING!

The base klaxon was going off.

Three months into my deployment, I now instinctively roll off my twin bed, grab my helmet, and roll back under the bed.

This is Balad Air Base, Iraq in the late 2000's. Known to my Army comrades as Life Support Area (LSA) Anaconda. Known to all as 'Mortaritaville', a play on Jimmy Buffett's famous song because it is also a favorite target for insurgents to launch rockets and mortars at (usually with little to no damage or casualties). Balad is home to about 28,000 US service members of all branches.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTT!

The C-RAM (Counter Rocket, Artillery, Mortar) just went off. It ALWAYS startles me. It is so loud, and the bullets fly so fast you cannot hear the individual shots. The C-RAM is basically a land-based Phalanx system you see on US Navy ships. It is an automated 20mm gatling gun designed to shoot down cruise missiles fired at ships but now adapted to shoot down rockets and mortars. To get a good idea of what it does, kindly look up online.

Balad is so big that the klaxon only goes off if the mortars or rockets are predicted to land in your 'sector' of the base. This is also known as 'indirect fire", or IDF for short.

WHOOMP! WHOOMP! A two second delay...WHOOMP!

Three rounds impacted nearby, but far enough away to sound like a deep 'whoomp' instead of an explosion.

My 'hooch', or quarters, is a small white trailer with sandbags around it, and concrete T-barriers, but no protection on the roof. So, I stayed under the bed as I grabbed my LMR (Land Mobile Radio) and changed the channel to the Security Forces channel. They are always the first responders to the impact sites. I figured the six inches of mattress might provide some protection from shrapnel if my roof got hit.

At the time, I was in charge of about 300 US Air Force personnel conducting 24-hour ops. I had folks working at both ends of the airfield and also living in two different areas, so I wanted to know if the rounds impacted near my troops, either at work or in their hooches. They were my responsibility, and I had to know if they were OK.

The radio crackled to life with Security Forces reporting in. Fortunately, the rounds had impacted between the runways and did not cause any damage or casualties. Apparently, the C-RAM had intercepted four other rounds.

Rubbing my eyes and taking my helmet off, I thought to myself, "This shit is really getting old."

The insurgents had been more active than usual the last few nights, usually launching rockets at us between one and three in the morning. Intel tells us that what they usually do is stick some metal tubes in a ditch pointed roughly in our direction, then use a dryer timer to set them off, long after they had left the area.

The Army had counter-fire teams with their own mortars to send 120mm of hate back at the insurgents as soon as the radar had pinpointed the point of origin (POO in military speak).

By now, I was pretty used to the IDF. It almost always happened at night. I guess you just realize that the chances of you personally getting hit is really small, and if it does, it is just your time to go.

I climbed back in bed to try to get a couple more hours of sleep. Even the roar of F-16s taking off in the background was not enough to keep me awake. In fact, if you ask any veteran of Iraq or Afghanistan, the two most striking things when you return home are all the vibrant colors (the desert obviously tends to always be shades of brown) and then the quietness, especially at night. Generators providing power, vehicles moving, aircraft taking off...all contributes to 24 hours noise. So, I had learned to sleep with a lot of noise in the background.

"Three months down, three to go." I thought to myself after I woke up.

Halfway done. I really felt for my Army brothers and sisters who were on 15-month deployments. At least ours were 'just' six months.

This was my fifth deployment to the 'sand box'. I had been to Kuwait, Afghanistan and Iraq before. But this one was the hardest because it was the first I had done after having kids. I'd left Erica home with our 15 month old boy and I cried as I stood by his crib stroking his soft brown hair at four in the morning the day of the deployment, knowing at that age he could never understand daddy going away for several months. To make matters more stressful, Erica told me she was pregnant about a month before I deployed. It was incredibly hard to balance my feelings of duty as a husband and father and my duties as a US military officer.

Erica and I kept in touch through emails and the occasional phone call. This was before Wi-Fi at the bases and smart phones had just begun making their appearance. So, no Skype, no WhatsApp, no Facetime. Just old-fashioned phones, email and snail mail.

I remember with humor now being in what passed for my office talking to Erica on the phone when the klaxon went off. I stayed on the phone and put my hand over the receiver as I got under my desk. Erica prattled along telling me how my son was doing, and the goings-on at home, ignorant of the rounds impacting near me. I did not want her to worry. I remember calmly telling her that everything was fine there. It wasn't a lie. If you don't get hit, you're fine.

As our fifteen-minute morale call was wrapping up (we got two, 15 minute 'morale' calls per week), Erica told me that she had a special 'care' package heading my way. I asked eagerly what it was, but she just replied, "It's a special surprise."

"Love you."

"Love you too. Only three more months to go."

We said our good-byes.

About ten days later, Erica's package arrived (it takes about that long to get packages from the States to the AOR). In it was the standard stuff...Pringles, beef jerky, a DVD and other 'tastes of home'. However, at the bottom of the package, was a sealed manila envelope. It was labeled 'For Your Eyes Only'.

"Hmmm." Curious, opening the envelope.

Inside was a letter and a pair of her lacey white thongs.

I read the letter, which smelled of her perfume.

"Hey babes,

I miss you so much! I can't wait until we are together again! Let me tell you about the thong.

See, I was really missing you so I decided to take a shower and get all clean. After my shower, I got out and put the thong on and laid in bed. I began thinking about us being together again and I started touching my body. I began by taking some sweet-smelling lotion and rubbing it over my breasts. You remember them, right? 😊 My nipples were so hard for your touch.

I teased myself by rolling them between my fingers and pinching them. I then moved my hands farther down, rubbing more lotion over my tummy until I reached my thong (my tummy is really starting to show pretty good now, too!). I rubbed my hands over the front of my thong, and I began to feel the familiar wetness of my love for you building in me.

I took more lotion and moved my slender fingers under my thong and began tracing the outline of my pussy lips. Then I took two fingers and slid them inside me, feeling my heat and wetness. I slid my fingers inside my pussy for a while until I could not stand it any longer! I grabbed your pillow and put it between my legs. I humped against it until I rolled on top of it and pushed against your pillow between the bed and my pussy. I rubbed against it until I came...HARD! After I finished, I made sure to rub my thong between my pussy lips really good. I wanted it to smell like me when you got it. I hope you like!! I love you and miss you soooo much!!"

Putting down the letter, I took up her thong and looked at it, certainly aroused by her story of touching herself and making her cum, thinking of me. I could see the gusset of her thong was a darker shade of white, no doubt from her now dried wetness. I brought the thong up to my nose and it smelled of her lotion, and faintly of her pussy. I guess after ten days of transit, some of the scent had dissipated. But it was still very erotic to have something so intimate from her.

I masturbated that night, thinking of Erica, what we would do to each other when I got back, and holding her thong in my 'unoccupied' hand.

After almost three more months, I was now a 'single-digit midget', meaning that I had fewer than 10 days left on my deployment. Soon, it was my turn to go home. A C-17 took me from Balad to Al Udeid Air Base in Qatar, with a stop over at Al Asad Air Base to drop off some cargo and pick up some Marines. I was so relieved to be in Qatar! No more IDF! Three beers a day (they limited alcohol there, but Iraq had no alcohol at all)! And only three days until my 'Freedom Bird' arrived to take me home.

It had been a tough deployment. The Wing (Air Force speak for the overall unit at a base) had lost several Airmen. Security Forces working outside the wire had lost a couple of Airmen to sniper attacks, and we had lost an F-16 and pilot when he was shot down as he was strafing a group of insurgents. Every life lost impressed upon me how quickly death can come.

Like the military always does, I had a 4AM show time for an 8AM flight. 0-dark thirty, standard. The chartered MD-11 arrived and me and about 200 of my happiest friends climbed on board. We took off and flew for all of fifteen minutes and landed in Bahrain at a Navy base.

The airline had to do a crew-swap.

Great, a two-hour layover after 15 minutes of flying. Oh well, in the military, you learn to 'hurry up and wait'. After two hours, we climbed back on board and made our way to Baltimore-Washington International, via Germany. It only took us about 20 hours to get to BWI from Qatar, tongue in cheek.

Being in uniform, and even at BWI which has a large military population nearby, strangers would stop and thank us for our service. I was very humbled. I felt like I was just doing my job, and I really was just a REMF...a military acronym for "Rear Echelon Mother Fucker". I did not go outside the wire, and the brave soldiers and Marines who were getting shot at deserved the thanks. Not me.

I now had to take commercial air home. The flight was mostly uneventful, despite some concern about icing at the airport (had spent most of the summer and all of the fall deployed. It was late January when I got home.

As I walked up the jetway, I could see Erica and my son waiting for me. I was so overjoyed I teared up. I dropped my bags and ran to them, hugging and kissing both of them. My son had grown up so much! He was 15 months when I left and now almost 22 months. Erica had done a good job of showing him pictures of me, and I had made a VHS tape of me reading children's stories for him before I left, so he did recognize me. Erica was definitely showing! She was only about 3 weeks from her due date.

When we finally got home, after getting settled, I went to take a shower which I desperately needed. It was already about 8PM so after tucking my toddler in, I climbed in the shower and washed the dust and grime of the middle east off me. I don't sleep well on planes, so I was exhausted. After getting clean, all I wanted to do was climb in bed and make love (quickly! LOL!) to Erica.

Erica was already in bed when I came out of the shower, finishing drying off. I probably gave her a goofy grin and my hair, despite being military short, was still askew on top. I climbed in bed with her, and she was already naked.

To be honest, it was not the greatest sex, but it was great to make love to Erica again. And it was making love, not just fucking. With her big belly, our options were limited. After some awkward attempts, we decided it would be better with her on top.

She climbed on top of me and immediately sunk her wet pussy around my throbbing dick. Masturbation does not replace real sex! It's more of a band-aid. Erica felt wonderful around me. Her pussy was soooo tight, and she would clench her Kegels as she rose up on me squeezing my cock, and then push her pussy back down my shaft.

I gently suckled her nipples as she rode me, eliciting a sexy moan from Erica. I was a little surprised when some of her milk began to leak out into my mouth. I had not really suckled Erica's nipples during her first pregnancy, and I was worried I was taking the baby's milk.

"Oh baby, that feels soooo GOOD!" she cried out.

I suckled a little harder. Again, being honest, I was worried I was taking the new baby's colostrum, the first portion of breast milk that has tons of antibodies for the new baby. But we were horny, and it was really turning Erica on. I figured that her body knew what it was doing and could make more (and that baby, my second son, did indeed grow up to be a very strong, healthy boy).

"Oh, my GOOOODDD!!" Erica exclaimed. "I think I'm gonna let down! Keep sucking!"

I dutifully obeyed her orders 😊. The small drops of milk turned into a sudden, steady stream! Erica did let down and flooded my mouth with her milk. I drank it up as fast as I could, but some leaked out around my mouth (if you've never drank a woman's breast milk, it is sweeter than cow's milk, and about the same consistency).

"I'm gonna CUM!!" Erica moaned, and I could feel her pussy contracting around my cock.

Her pussy milking me pushed me over the edge and I came hard. I love coming in her pussy without anything between us, like a condom. The beauty of fucking a pregnant girl is that she can't get 'double pregnant'! LOL!

We cuddled a little in our post-orgasmic bliss, but I was dead tired. I fell asleep and slept for 10 hours...

About a week later, Erica was now two weeks until her due date. She was everything a pregnant woman is: irritable, uncomfortable and...sexy.

Our toddler was in his crib, asleep and Erica and I were in bed.

I still had six months of sex to catch up on!

We were in a spooning position and I was giving her naked body a backrub, which she greatly appreciated. I too was naked, and I was rubbing my hard, seven inches up and down her ass crack. I believe in win-win situations, so she got a back rub and I got to stimulate my cock in her ass crack.

I moved my body down so that my dick was between her thighs, rubbing against her pussy lips. Erica took her hand and pushed my tip toward her opening. I pushed against her opening and my tip slid in about an inch. Being so far in her pregnancy, Erica was bigger, including her ass. My dick kept slipping out of her pussy, and instead rubbing between her lips. In hindsight, I could have slipped down and done Erica in a combo spoon-doggie style. But Erica cut me off...

Erica was rubbing my shaft and said to me, "Why don't you get some lube and you can do me in my ass and finger fuck me to orgasm."

I was surprised! I love anal with Erica, but with her being so far pregnant, I certainly had not asked for it.

I rolled over to my nightstand and pulled out a bottle of lube. I slathered my cock in lube, making sure it was well covered. If she was going to offer me the gift of her ass, I was certainly going to make sure she was comfortable.

I took more lube and put it on my left hand and rubbed it between her ass cheeks. Still laying on my side behind her, I pushed my hand deeper between her cheeks until I found her nether hole. I took my slick digit and rubbed it around her tight ring. Once I got her ring lubed up, I slid a single finger insider her bottom. I moved my finger in and out of her ass, making sure she was well lubed up.

After probably a minute or so, but seemed longer, I pulled my finger out and maneuvered my body behind her, in a spooning position. I worked my cock down between her cheeks and I felt Erica's hand on my glans. She pushed my head back and guided it toward her asshole. Moving her body, she got me into the best position, and pushed her bottom against me. I matched her movements and I felt my cock slowly enter her ass.

Erica let out a sexy sigh and my cock, once the glans was in, naturally slid farther in, almost like her ass was swallowing it. Once my dick was about three inches in, I felt her remove her hand and she moved her bottom against my pelvis. I could feel my dick go inside her about another inch and I stayed still to let her get used to it.

I had my left hand on her thigh, and she reached her hand up and took my hand and put it against her mons. I gently rubbed my palm against the lower part of her mons, where her clitoris is. After just a few moments, I felt her start to move against me and I took this as my cue that I could begin.

As I moved my fingers further down to find her pussy opening, I pushed my hips against her bottom. I slid in maybe another half-inch, and then pulled my dick back slightly, testing the waters because this was the first time we had anal sex during pregnancy.

Erica let out a sexy sigh, telling me I was hitting the right parts. I began to move my cock back and forth in her tight asshole, while sliding two fingers in her pussy. I could feel my dick in her ass through the thin membrane that separates the two and Erica was now beginning to breathe heavily.

I made love to Erica. I did not fuck her ass, but I made love to her with my dick in her ass. The thought did enter my mind that it was kind of naughty that a pregnant woman was having anal sex. But Erica was giving me a true gift, and she began to match my thrusts with her own. We made love for about 20 minutes when...

"Ohhhh!! Baby...I'm about to cum!! Please cum with me!" Erica moaned.

Her pussy and ass began to clench in time with each other. I rubbed her clit more vigorously as she helped me fuck her ass by moving against me.

I pushed my cock as deep in her ass as I could as I began to orgasm. I guess nature took over and even though I was in her ass, natural instinct is to push my cock as deep inside to plant my seed. My first contraction hit me, and I could literally feel my urethra expanding as my cum shot out of my dick. That was followed by three more as I ejaculated inside her. My cock continued to pulse inside her ass as my body tried to put as much of my seed inside her.

Erica's body went limp as she came down from her orgasm. I moved my hand from her pussy and stroked her hip and thigh, my dick still inside her. I heard her begin to breathe rhythmically...she had fallen asleep. As any man who has been with a woman late in pregnancy will tell you, they do not sleep well. It was only natural and I did not feel slighted the least.

I gently pulled out of her and got out of bed and went to the bathroom to clean up. When I came back, my beautiful, naked wife was laying on her side, sleeping soundly. I pulled on my boxers and covered her with the sheet and comforter. I noticed as I did this, a large wet spot where her breasts were, where her breasts had leaked during our love making.

I climbed back in bed behind her. I too soon fell asleep with my arm around her. It was good to be home.