The Desert Huntress Ch. 02

Story Info
After a quick chat over pizza, Cujo settles on a rematch.
5.1k words
0
247
1
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Desert Huntress

Chapter II: The City in Space

Co-authored by: Clancey, my friend

Huygens City, Huygens Orbital central hub, Thursday, January 19, 2440

(Music: End of the Line by Daft Punk)

As with many orbital habitats across space, the entire area was essentially an orbital city. Some districts were little more than agricultural towns with a small village here and there, while others, especially around the central hub, held tall skyscrapers lit with animated signs of neon and holographics.

Overhead, visible through the dome of transparent metal, lied Saturn, with its iconic rings viewed nearly edge-on with their shadow streaked across. Its moons were just visible, hiding amidst the rings, with Epimetheus being a bright spot on the night side. The stars Sirius and Procyon were also visible, shining their light on either side of the majestic giant.

The area was packed with a network of roads, interspersed with flora fed by artificial lighting. Where the city was densest were lots of shops, entertainment complexes and high-rise apartment buildings, alongside a smattering of corporate office buildings.

Currently riding through the artificial streets were two Kubals on a motor bike, one a female in grey-and-yellow full-body tracksuit and a helmet, and a male sitting behind her. They were Kala and Cujo, taking a joyride on the former's motorbike.

Some blocks ahead of them were three strange-looking human men in brightly-colored leather tunics, and thick facial hair. They walked down the sidewalk as they looked confusedly about the sights. Leading them was a short and spry fellow with red hair and a long-braided beard. The second was a burly man with a long, blonde moustache and a gladiator's chin. The last one was another blonde man but much more rotund and with a jovial look to him, wearing a shorter and forked beard, giving him a very Santa-like look. Strangest of all, they all wore steel horned helmets not unlike in old, stereotypical portrayals of Vikings, with that of the fat one being so large it covered his eyes.

"Well, we are lost," the lead one spoke. "...again."

"Where is that bloody map anyway?" The burly one complained.

The fat one was holding the map, a holographic thing made with two prongs holding a screen of transparent aluminum. "The little alien said we should find some restaurants with this thing."

"Oh, typical Olaf, always thinking about food in a situation like this!" The burly one exasperated.

"Give me that!" The short one took the map from Olaf and looked at it, only to realize it was upside down. When he turned it right-side up, everything clicked together. He gave the other two a disapproving look before turning back to the map.

"So?" The burly one said, "where we at?"

"According to this map, we are along the road called... Huey-gens Fifth R.D.?" The text in question actually read 'Huygens 5th Rd.' "Who comes up with these names, anyway?"

They then started hearing something approaching them from behind, a faint buzzing noise closing in fast.

"Wait, do you hear that?"

"Hear what?"

Soon the motorcycle zoomed passed as they quickly dove out of the way [[Note to self: build on this. Have the Lost Vikings scream and duck out of the way]].

"Who the heck were those guys?" Cujo asked.

"Oh those guys?" Kala spoke through her helmet, raising the voice over the sound of the engine. Her voice was slightly muffled. "Funny that, I saw them on the news last night. Apparently one of them just ate at a restaurant without paying, and another even tried to kill a guy with a sword. You heard me right. Not a gun, a sword! I'm amazed the police haven't found them yet, but we'll let them deal with it."

"Wow, weird. For all we know those guys could have been actual lost Vikings."

"Yeah, you find all sorts of weirdos in places like this. Now, where do you wanna go to next? There's plenty of restaurants and fun places out in downtown."

"Hmm," Cujo took a moment to think, grabbing his chin as he did. "How about the pizzeria?"

"Pizza, huh? I know a place or two around here. I'm more amazed they're still around. There's a smaller place called Delfino's and a chain one called Chung's. Delfino's is more expensive but it's better in my opinion."

"Alright, let's check out that Delfino's place."

"Sweet! Hang tight!" She twisted the accelerator and then changed lanes, taking an exit leading downtown. Cujo wraps his arms around her torso to hang on.


They found themselves in the city skyline with the solid translucent roads that characterized the more well-off areas of civilization. The city was lit-up with multi-colored lights from the buildings, street lights and the road itself, designating lanes and their status. Pedestrians walked and other vehicles moved about at a steadier pace, with animated advertisements and billboards broadcasting themselves in vacant spaces.

The crowded conditions forced the two to slow way down, stopping at turn corners for other vehicles. After some time, they both arrived at their destination.

"So, this is the place?" Cujo asked as he climbed off the bike.

"Yep, this is the place." Kala got off her bike next before parking it in a slot with other bikes and motor vehicles, securing it as a hard light wrapped around the perimeter.

The building itself was small at only one level reserved in one of the many multi-leveled 'econ buildings' throughout human space. With quaint pride, the logo shone in green, white and red, in that order, the colors of the old nation of Italy from mankind's pre-FTL days.

The two of them entered the restaurant to sit down and order their food.

"Ciao, Speedster! Nice to see you again!" The store manager, a portly man with dark hair, shouted out in greeting.

"Ciao, Tony!" Kala waved back.

"Who is your friend here?" He asked, noting the stranger beside her.

"New guy," she introduced as the door closed behind them. "Just met him earlier this afternoon. His name is Cujo. Say hi!"

"How you doing?" He waved to the manager.

"Ahh, never been better! You want the usual, ehh?"

"Sure thi- actually, you know what? Let me ask my fiancée here." She turned to him, nudging his shoulder. "Cujo? What would you like?"

After a quick glance at the menu overhead, it didn't take long to make the choice. "Meat Lovers, please."

"Ahh, the Carnivore's Delight?" The shopkeeper asked, smiling, "I find that quite appropriate for the two of you if you don't mind the cheese and grains. What size?"

"Gimme a large."

"You got it! Anything else?" The manager turned to

"One sec," Kala asked Cujo. "Would you like any chicken wings?"

"Sure, I'll have some. Can you make it spicy?"

"Awesome! We'll share it." Then she turned to the shopkeeper, "let's add some spicy wings too. Twelve-piece. And some water and ice too."

"Very good," he typed down the orders in his pad. "Anything else you need?"

"Nope, that'll do it for me."

Soon, their food was brought to their table and they began chowing down.

She quickly went for the wings, tearing through one with ease with her teeth. After swallowing and licking her lips, she asked. "So, Cujo. About that thing we did back at the dome."

"Oh, you mean the claiming-me-as-your-own thing?" He asked, sinking his fangs into a wing.

"Well, yeah that, but more of that sparring that we did. You were a pretty good fighter, I honestly thought I wouldn't stand a chance. But... Well, you know what happened."

"Yeah, you really got into it," said Cujo, careful to avoid giving away the subject matter in a public place.

"Yeah, I really did! I keep saying that I like to push myself, to be the best I can be."

"Like no one ever was?" He snickered as he gave that little obscure reference.

"You could say that. I guess it's the same for you, too? You say that your mother taught you a lot, didn't she?" She already finished up her first wing before setting the bone down.

"Yeah. Her name is Chloe."

"Chloe?" She looked to him, "I knew a gal named Chloe, but this is probably a different one. But what about your dad? Anything about him?"

"Oh, my mom..." he paused, feeling uncomfortable. "She doesn't like to talk about him. Said he got banished [[divorced?]]. I think his name was Spike or something."

"Oh, what happened?" She paused, anticipating that she wouldn't like where this is going. "You don't have to tell me if it's not comfortable to you."

"He killed an innocent person."

She froze, so shocked at what she just heard that her heart skipped a beat. Even a few nearby patrons stopped chatting to turn their heads nervously. He slumped down, trying to make himself less noticeable. Then they move on to what they were doing.

Kala broke the ice. "...Oh-kay. Wow. That would explain it."

"Yeah," he said, eating a slice of pizza.

"But yeah, maybe steer clear of that? On a brighter note, I can tell you about my own dad. He's way better I think."

Cujo looked up to listen to her, interested as his ears turned to listen to her. "What's he like?"

"He's a laborer-type, a worker. He used to work in the salt mines pulling these huge blocks with just his own strength. Granted, he had coworkers helping but still."

She resumed eating, trying out a slice of the pizza.

"Interesting, what's he like around you?"

"He's quite doting, hard-working and very much a stay-at-home guy. A good parent overall."

"He sounds nice. My step mom is usually pretty nice to me, says I have an 'exquisite coat' if you can believe it."

"Is that right? I think I quite agree. I don't see a whole lot of red fluff before. As for me? I sometimes get comments about my coat. Mine's a lot thinner than yours."

"Yeah, still just as soft."

"Thanks." She continued eating her wings, then washed it down with her water.

"So, I know you kinda told me before but what are your mothers like? Are they the reason you can sweat and have that big heart?"

"Oh you saw that?" She retracts just a tad, nervously chuckling. "Well... Yeah, in a way, especially my birth mother and her side of the family. Now, like I said, I'm a lilit, someone who was incubated in a willing Lilithite. Have you heard of them before?"

"Of course. Who hasn't? I know a friend of mine who got seduced by one."

"I'm not surprised, they're quite notorious for that. Crazy smart and with psychic powers, too."

"Yeah, kinda like a siren mixed with a succubus," Cujo surmised.

"That's what I hear, but don't forget they also contribute a lot to society. I'm sure I told you my birth mother was a lawyer?"

"You have, yeah. I remember that."

"Yeah, she was involved in a lot of cases, some of which made the headlines. I won't give away her name, though. I don't want any crazies after me -- or you for that matter. She is a Lilithite. She also worked as a spy during the war."

"Wait, she did espionage?" Cujo leaned in closer to her as if confirming what he just heard.

"Yeah. She spied on the Infinite Order and their goons who we were fighting against. I wasn't born yet when all this happened, but from what I heard, it was nasty. Really nasty. I'm kinda glad you weren't around to see it. She saw some things too. Terrible things."

As they continue the conversation, they finished their meal and paid for it before leaving the restaurant. They were now just back outside.

"So yeah, she was my birth mother. Lilithites are known for their huge hearts, and I mean huge! Even weirder is that they sometimes expose them for different reasons."

"Yeah, so I heard. Right weird that is. Err, no offense, but it makes you wonder how nature would design such creatures like that. You'd think they'd get some splinter on there or something."

"I get it, but they're protected by a stretchy membrane that was part of their skin. Kinda makes me glad I don't have that feature to be honest."

"Right. Now, what about your stepmother?"

"Not a stepmother, a donor mother. I think I told you about her already, but I can tell you more about her. Like my dad she is also a Kubal, but she was born and raised in Mars. She is also one hell of a martial artist. I look up to her a lot more than I do my birth mother."

"Oh? How come?"

"Because she is more doting to me. She was strong, brave, kind, and takes shit from nobody. She is a bit of a hard-ass but there's something about her that speaks to me, like this is something my ancestors used to do. She was also part of the Olympian Corps during the war, where she really kicked ass."

"You've got a pretty hard ass yourself" he said, grinning.

She laughed loudly, louder than she meant to. "You're a funny one. But yeah, she even taught me some things, as I'm sure you might have seen."

"Maybe you could show me some more of those things at your place?" He proposed.

"At my place? My martial arts moves?"

"Of course, unless you're scared I'll beat you."

She chuckled. "Oh, you want to do it again? I think we can get that arranged." She leaned her body on her cycle. "Shall we talk more on our way? I have a ship back in the docks that I can take you to, if you're into it."

"Yeah, let's go."


Soon, they arrived at her ship. It was rather large, almost the size of a house. They entered it with Kala opening the door. The interior was a bit cluttered and untidy, with some miscellaneous clothing and empty food wrappings on the floor. The place was divided into a cockpit up front, a joint kitchen and living room in the middle section, and what looked like a bedroom in the back, with some stairs leading to an upper section.

"Well, what do you think?" She turned around to him with a knuckle on her hip. "This is my living space, a home away from home."

"It's quite nice," Cujo said politely, though wary of its... uncluttered state.

"Thank you," she smiled without showing her teeth. "Now, where were we?"

"You were explaining your biology?" He reminded.

"Oh yeah, that!" Her ears stood up erect as her face lit up, "I was telling you about Lilithite hearts, right? Well, when I was about eight or so, I had a doctor say that I don't have a normal heart. I actually have a Lilithite heart!...more or less."

"Is that right?" He said lowly, grabbing his chin with intrigue. "Does it do anything special?"

"Other than just being super-strong, a few things. For one, I am told that Lilithite hearts are a conduit, or an amplifier for their psychic powers. Another thing I read about is that it slows way down and drops blood pressure when the body detects poison, which I guess is how I survived your toxin."

"Oh, that's just a tranquilizer, actually. It isn't lethal. Otherwise, the dome people wouldn't have let me in. It's supposed to make it so the prey can't get away."

"Prey?" Kala tilted her head with her left ear up, "you're a hunter?"

"Yeah, though more as a hobby than anything."

She chuckled breathily, "they still let you do that? You'd think that with all these environmental treaties and acts and whatnot that they won't even let you hurt a fly. As long as you're doing it within the rules that should be nice. But yeah, even tranquilizing prey so they don't get away can be quite lethal in of itself, but at least it'll prove useful if you wanna make a quick getaway."

"Or want to bring back something alive without it struggling."

"Yeah. Needless to say, I'm quite proud of it." Kala put her hand on her chest to prove a point. She continued further. "My heart was how I was able to keep going, even after a lot of other people would conk out."

"You've got a big heart," he put a hand on her shoulder.

She smiled and then did the same. "Thank you. As for my sweat, well... that's the funny thing. I actually have human genes. Not a lot, but some."

"Oh really?" Now this got interesting. He leaned forward to listen; ears focused on her. "How'd that happen?"

"I got it from my human grandfather, from my birth-mother's side. My Lilithite mother is technically half-human. Can you believe that?"

"Dang, that must be some family history there. You got two moms and one of them is a different species!"

"Yeah, that's the kind of crazy that happens when you have a Lilithite in your family tree. My human family is from an ethnic group called Arabs. Yemeni Arabs to be exact."

"Yemen?" He repeated, "you did tell me you were from there the day before. Guess that explains why you call yourself the Desert Huntress. Interesting."

She nodded. Before long, she brought him upstairs to the upper deck.

Upon reaching the top of the area they arrived at a dojo. It was mostly empty with multiple items, dummies and weapons, strewn and hung by the walls. "Well, this is where I train. What do you think?"

"Looks like a good place for action."

"Indeed, in more ways than one." She grinned, pursing her lip suggestively.

As he looked around, seeing the different weapons and devices laid across the dojo, he started to get confident.

"So," he started. "Wanna spar?"

"All for it. Just let me get changed to some proper gear. I'll be right back." She was still in her tracksuit which would not have been practical for combat training. She left the dojo for a bit to get herself dressed.

He decided to spend the wait repeatedly jabbing at a training dummy.

After a few minutes, she came back with tight-fitting workout gear that exposed her waist and accentuated her form. She wrapped some bandages around her hands and her ankles, and wore black, fingerless training gloves on her.

Cujo widened his eyes as she entered, seeing her form again. She was not quite naked like before, but she was as enticing as ever. "Wow, you look amazing!"

"You tell me that a lot, but thanks." She walked to her side of the dojo, and then moved on to her stance. "Now. Are you ready? We won't go full tooth-and-claw this time."

"Alright, bring it on." He got on all-fours. Kala grinned confidently and peered at him, anticipating his next move. They both stared at each other as they sized each other up.

Cujo made the first move, lunging at her with claws reaching for her. Seeing an opportunity, she crouched down on her back, balancing on her tail and forelimbs before kangaroo-kicking him up and outwards with her hind legs. The attack landed, sending him forward and right on his back.

Kala hoped back on her feet with her muscular tail and turned to face him, beckoning him with a 'bring it!' pose. Cujo did the same.

"That was something my mother taught me," Kala explained. "Martian Jitsu, modified for my physical makeup. What have you got?"

"Oh, I have some skills of my own!" Cujo grabbed one of the training dummies nearby and tossed it at her. She inhaled sharply through her nose, leapt forward and then whacked it back with her tail, spinning once as she did.

Cujo ran over to a rack of staffs and threw them on the ground. They rolled towards Kala as she charged at him, only for her to step on them and slip. She stumbled on a metal pole as she ran, throwing off her precision. She was able to hop herself off them and then sweep them aside with her trusty tail, but this left her wide open.

Seeing this opportunity, he grabbed her by the ankles and pulled. He threw her in an arch and made her face-plant on the ground, with her stomach to the ground. It was good the floor as cushioned. She grunted as she was caught off-guard, just barely landing on her forearms. Seizing the opportunity, he pounced on the now-prone Kala and pinned her down; he was on her back.

"Tossing things around to slow down your opponent," she summated, not completely thrilled at her situation. "That was a cheap move, but very clever."

"It's called using my surrounding to my advantage," he answered. "The first thing my mom taught me."

12