The Devil's Bargain Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

That reminded me of Angel's warning. I read both copies of the deal - several times.

I wondered how many times she'd done this before. With Angel, probably. And most likely with the other three women who were here last night.

- "Has anyone ever refused one of your arrangements?" I asked her.

Tansa nodded. "Lots. Almost one out of three. Some people are too afraid to take what they really want."

- "Or to pay the price."

- "A year of work? What do you make in a year, Dan? After taxes?"

I was clearing $70,000 - net. Had I taken the promotion that was offered (twice), I could have been well over a hundred thousand by now. Measured in terms of money, the arrangement was a bargain.

I sat some more. Tansa didn't interrupt my ruminations. But I was only delaying a decision. My thoughts were running around in circles.

On an impulse, I stood up. I picked up one of the two remaining darts, and turned to the board. I didn't bother aiming; I just threw the damned thing - hard. It slammed into the board at least two inches left of the bullseye.

Fourteen. Again.

I sat down and signed both copies of Tansa's arrangement.

- "Thank you, Dan. Best of luck with your... endeavours."

- "Can I... contact you? If I need to?"

- "No. You'll see me when you're ready to start your year of work. Just come here. If not, I'll see you 18 months before you die. Is there anything else you want to say?"

It was my turn to smile. "Yes. I choose Angel. I want her to be my first."

Tansa smiled back - again, without showing her teeth. "I'll tell her, when I see her. I'm sure that she'll be flattered. But if you want her to be one of your fourteen, you'll have to use the phrases yourself - within her hearing."

For some reason, I thought that Tansa sounded almost sad. I realized what she was telling me.

- "I'm never going to see Angel again, am I?"

- "Sorry, Dan." Tansa was putting her printer and laptop back into the leather briefcase. "I do wish you the best of luck."

***

The arrangement had been signed. I walked home with mixed feelings and conflicting emotions. Elation. Worry. And then I wondered what I was worrying about - the deal was done. I should concentrate on the positive.

And I knew who Number One was going to be.

Katie was the administrative secretary for our department. She was sweet, adorable, and absolutely lovely. She was tiny, slender as a reed, but gifted with possibly the most beautiful face I'd ever seen. She had straw-coloured hair, luminous blue eyes (sometimes, I swear that they sparkled), and the cutest little retrousse nose.

Everybody in the department had a crush on her (and I include the females). Katie wasn't married, and according to the office grapevine, she didn't have a boyfriend. She was sweet with just about everybody, but I was pretty sure that she liked me a little more.

When she first started her job, she frequently came to me to ask how her predecessor had done things. I'd offered her some free advice which had worked out well. Katie greeted me every day with a big smile. Yes, she was much younger than I was - but wasn't that one of the best things about my arrangement with Tansa? I didn't have to limit myself to women of my own age.

- "Morning, Dan." she said, sweetly, as I arrived at work.

There was no one else close by. Carpe Diem, I thought.

- "Morning, Katie. Hey - there was something I wanted to ask you."

- "Sure. What can I do for you?"

- "I want you - One." I said.

Katie coughed, started to choke, and spat up most of her morning coffee.

She was mortified for the rest of the day. In the following days, she was still sweet to me, but mildly embarrassed, because I'd had a front-row seat when she had puked all over her desk.

***

I was mortified, too. But my embarrassment was private. How could I have thought that sweet little Katie wanted to have sex with me? I took a full day to review my plans. Katie had been meant to be the first of three. I had to reconsider my next two choices.

Holly was the manager of personnel for our entire division. She was tall (5'10", I think), with striking auburn hair. She was super-efficient, and highly respected. We'd joked a few times about the reward for her excellent work: more work.

People brought Holly their concerns, their complaints, their issues... and she handled all of them with aplomb, and good humour. She never seemed to be stressed, impatient, or overwhelmed. Everyone who walked into her office was given the same reception as I got: "Hi, Dan." Big smile. "Nice to see you. What can I do to help you out?"

She wasn't married, and her junior assistant, Rita, only laughed at suggestions that she might have a boyfriend.

- "She's married to the job." was Rita's comment.

Holly wasn't in Katie's league, in terms of facial perfection. But Holly was definitely cute - I found her features very appealing. She was also statuesque; in addition to being tall, she carried herself well. It was a pleasure to see her walking towards me - or away, too. I hated to see her go, but I loved to watch her leave.

I liked the way she dressed, too. Her 'work clothes' were professional, but also quite attractive. On casual Fridays, she looked exceptional. I guess I liked the whole package: brains, a good heart, good looks, and what I suspected was a decent body.

Like Katie, Holly was popular with just about everybody. But I'd spoken to her many times over the past three years, and I'd felt that she enjoyed interacting with me, too. The difference in our ages (she was 28) didn't seem to bother her.

What did I have to lose?

I stopped by her office. She was on the phone, but she smiled when she saw me in the doorway, and waved me in, pointing at the chair on the opposite side of her desk.

- "No. I'm sure that won't be a problem." she said.

I closed her office door behind me. This was standard procedure when someone had something to say to Holly that they wanted to keep 'off the record'. I then sat down, and enjoyed the opportunity to take a good look at her. She really was attractive; I hoped that I wasn't going to make her throw up.

"Okay. Talk to you then. Bye." Holly hung up the phone, and smiled at me again. "Sorry about that. What can I do for you, Dan? Something private, is it?"

- "Yes, I think it is." What the heck - nothing ventured, nothing gained. "I want you - One."

Holly's reaction surprised me. She smiled, a little nervously. Then she said. "Umm... okay. That's not quite what I was expecting you to say."

She'd smiled. A nervous smile, but that was light years away from choking and vomiting all over her desk. Emboldened, I went to the second phrase.

- "I want you - Two."

Holly flushed a little. Damn it - was she turning red?

- "I... ah - I don't know what to say." she said.

Wait - I remembered what Tansa had said. If she turned bright red, it was a sign that she was in a committed relationship, or that there was some other major impediment to us getting together. But if that was the case, she would also have been unable to answer, or even to speak. Tansa had suggested that I wait a bit between the second and third phrases, to make sure.

- "I want you - Three." I said.

Holly flushed again. "Well... I wasn't anticipating this when you came into my office." Then she smiled. "I'm glad you shut the door."

Yes! I wanted to jump up and pump my fist in the air, or do a victory dance. Instead, I tried to sit still, and keep my cool. I couldn't do anything about the huge grin on my face, though. And yet... I still had to make sure that the magic had worked. The three phrases were odd, and might have been misheard or misunderstood. I had to find out if she was on board (so to speak) without being crude or offensive.

- "So I was thinking that I'd like to take you out to dinner tomorrow night." I said. "A light meal, maybe - and then we can see what happens."

Holly's face fell. Her smile vanished.

- "Oh. Oh, Dan - I'm so sorry. But... I don't date co-workers. It's just... it's my policy."

I was stunned. If Tansa was somehow listening to this exchange, she had to be laughing her ass off. How had the phrases failed? It didn't make sense.

Holly gave me another nervous smile. "But if you'd like me to come over to your place tomorrow night, we could... see what happens..."

***

I didn't quite understand how the phrases had worked. In the end, Holly agreed to come over to my house at 8:00. It was a Thursday night; I let Mom know that I wouldn't be able to make it for dinner at her house. I ate early, and took Freya for a good, long run. Then I got us home in plenty of time for me to shower and clean up.

Holly rang my doorbell at 7:59.

- "Sorry I'm a little early." she said. "I was... thinking about this all day." She was wearing a shirt and sweater over a mid-length skirt.

- "As was I." I said.

- "Oh - what a cute little dog!" Holly fawned over Freya for almost a full thirty seconds. She wasn't really a dog person. To be fair, though - neither was I.

I offered my guest a drink. I got Freya settled in the basement, and returned upstairs to find Holly quite comfortable on my couch. She'd removed her sweater.

- "Can I ask you something, Holly?" I asked.

- "Always."

- "I'm not sure that I understand your... policy. You wouldn't have dinner with me, but you seem happy enough to be here with me."

- "Very happy." she said. "I've always liked you, Dan. And I'm really looking forward to... tonight. But I won't date a co-worker."

- "Isn't this... sort of a date?"

- "Well, yes. But I meant, in public." She flushed. "I'm sorry - that sounded bad. I don't want to be seen to be having a relationship with a co-worker." Her explanation was long and convoluted, but it made sense in a certain tortuous way.

Holly was indeed 'married to her job', but happy to 'cheat' with me. She was so career conscious, though, that she worried about being seen in public with a partner. How would that affect her chances of promotion? How would people judge her if she was involved with a junior co-worker - or with a superior? That part I could understand; she didn't want anyone to think that she was getting ahead by sleeping with her boss.

"One little rumour..." she said. "That's all it would take. That's why we have to be careful. No open displays of affection at work. No knowing smiles - and you can't tell anyone."

- "I won't."

- "I know that I can count on you, Dan. That's just one of the things I like about you. But... maybe you could sit just a little closer...?"

The moment I moved, Holly just flowed into my arms. She was a wonderful kisser. It was... intoxicating. I couldn't even remember the last time I'd had a prolonged necking session. Highly underrated, if you ask me.

It was Holly herself who took hold of my hand and pressed it to her breast. To my delight, she wasn't wearing a bra. I undid several of the buttons on her shirt and slid my hand inside.

Wow.

I had to undo all of her buttons and pull her shirt open to get a better view. I have no idea what Holly's measurements would have been, but statistics can definitely lie. Her breasts didn't stick out very far, but they were full and... substantial. I can only describe them by saying that they occupied a lot of space - mostly across her chest.

Her areolae weren't very large, but her nipples stood up proudly, and swelled even more as I caressed them.

Angel and I had gone straight to bed. Holly seemed willing to let to me re-create the youthful experiences I'd never actually had.

Her waist wasn't all that narrow, but her stomach was flat. I slid off the couch, and knelt between her legs. I ran my hands up, under her skirt. Holly had powerful thighs - and no underwear.

I couldn't hide my look of surprise.

- "I didn't think you'd mind." she said, softly.

I most certainly did not. That was an invitation, if I'd ever heard one. I pushed her back on the couch a little, and slid her hips forward. I pushed her skirt up, and began to kiss the insides of her thighs.

In case you've forgotten, I am not - nor never was - a particularly skillful lover. My first experience was horrible, and my second relationship consisted largely of getting blown. I thought that Connie and I had an excellent sex life... until it declined and died.

But I did the best I could for Holly. I really wanted to please her, to have her enjoy it. Yes, I knew that the magic would lead her to believe that it was the best sex of her life. Still, it couldn't hurt to give her my best effort.

She came fairly hard, grinding her pussy against my face.

By then, I was losing control. I just had to be inside her. I stood, and dropped my pants and underwear. Holly turned sideways on the couch, spreading her legs to grant me more access to her glistening pussy.

I got into position, and lodged the head of my cock between her lower lips. I pushed forward, and entered her.

- "F-f-fuck!" she exclaimed. It was the first time I'd ever heard Holly swear.

I completely forgot my intention to have her enjoy it. I just piled on, and began driving my cock into her. Her arms went around my shoulders, and then my neck, pulling me closer. At one point, she wrapped her legs around me. I felt her heels on my ass, and that did it for me. I blew my load inside her - without a condom.

Holly groaned, and pulled me even closer, her lips seeking mine.

- "Oh my God..." she said. "That was... amazing."

- "You're amazing." I breathed.

- "No, Dan - I mean it. That was incredible."

I was grinning. "Glad you enjoyed it."

- "I did." she said. "Do you think we could move this to your bedroom?"

She had a quick shower, and I helped to dry her off. That threatened to lead to some major activity in the bathroom, but she held me off until we could get to my bed. She didn't fail to notice that I wasn't using the master bedroom, but refrained from commenting on it.

I got her under the covers, and began caressing her. Once again, I began kissing my way down her body, but Holly stopped me.

- "Nuh-uh." she said. "My turn." She pushed me over on my back, and began moving lower on the bed. Her kisses were perfunctory, but I was far more pleased by the touch of her hands. She stroked my sides, and then lightly trailed her fingernails down my chest.

Holly knelt beside me so that she could use both hands, running them over my skin from my hips to my knees. Meanwhile she was unabashedly staring at my cock, getting her first long look at it. With her so close, it was already fully erect.

She ran one finger down the shaft, then reached between my legs to cradle my balls. With her other hand, she took hold of my member, and began to stroke it.

Holly released my balls, and used that hand to lean on as she dipped her head and licked the length of my erection. Then she took the head into her mouth, and ran her tongue around it. She didn't take me all that deep, but instead concentrated on getting me wet, spreading her saliva down the shaft with her hand.

- "I want to make you cum." she said. "But I really want you inside me again, too."

- "That's what I want, too." I held out my hands to her.

Holly accepted my help as she climbed on top of me, straddling me. She took hold of my cock, and she wasn't at all shy about rubbing it between her lips, stimulating herself as well as me. She did this for quite a while, until she was wet enough. Then she placed me at her entrance, and sank down on me, releasing a long, slow sigh.             

In addition to the wonderful sensations she was giving me, I marvelled at the sight of her flat stomach, splendid breasts, and strong neck. But I was also surprised to see that her face, framed by her auburn hair, was far more lovely than I'd given her credit for.

She saw me looking at her, and smiled.

- "You're beautiful." I said.

- "I'm glad you think so."

Holly was in no hurry. She rode me slowly, gently even. I held her by the hips, but without trying to direct or accelerate her movements. Then I raised my hands to her breasts, simply supporting them, enjoying their shape and weight.

Eventually, she began to grind against me harder. I raised my hips and tilted my pelvis, giving her a larger surface to rub against. That did it for Holly; she gasped and fell forward, catching herself with her hand on my chest.

I took hold of her hips, and thrust into her from below, hard and fast. I lasted maybe a dozen strokes before I came inside her.

When her breathing returned to normal, Holly lay down beside me, resting her head on my shoulder, with her arm across my chest.

I smiled. Holly was a cuddler. I didn't mind in the least. Connie had always been too restless, or in too much of a hurry to simply lie beside me, or in my arms, and enjoy the afterglow.

- "This was... wonderful." she said.

- "I can't remember the last time I felt like this." I said. Simple truth.

She fell asleep for a little while. So did I, I think.

The alarm on her phone beeped. She snapped awake.

- "Oh!" she said. "It's... midnight."

- "You can stay, if you like."

She shook her head. "I can't." I hadn't been thinking: Holly would have to dress for work, do her makeup... she was already out of her comfort zone, just being with me.

- "I understand."

- "Dan... you're not going to... talk about this. Are you?"

- "No, Holly. I don't plan on telling anyone - and definitely not anyone from work."

I could understand her fear: if I bragged to our co-workers, the males would see her as fair game. They'd be hitting on her non-stop, or subtly undermining her authority. You would think that those attitudes would have died out generations ago, but Holly's reputation could really suffer if our tryst became common knowledge.

- "I believe you." she said. "I trust you."

She dressed, and I saw her to the door.

- "Holly?" I said. "Why don't you come over on Saturday? I'll make dinner for us. And... you won't have to worry about what time it is."

She smiled. "I'm not free until about 8:00. Would that be alright?"

- "That would be fantastic."

***

I tried not to be too different at work on Friday. I was very, very happy; I just made an effort not to show it too much. Holly came by our department just before noon. She didn't have to say anything: she'd come to see for herself if anyone looked at her differently. When she realized that everything was business as usual, she gave me a grateful smile.

- "Have a great weekend, Dan." she said.

On Saturday evening, she arrived dressed very casually in jean shorts and a halter top.

"Sorry." she said. "Family stuff. I didn't have time to go home and change."

- "You look great." I told her. "Still hungry?"

- "A bit."

I sat her down and served her a light meal and a glass of wine.

"Can I ask you something?"

- "Of course."

- "I was... looking through your personnel file. I didn't know that you turned down a promotion. Twice. Why did you do that?"

I smiled at the thought of Holly combing through my file. Well, she couldn't very well check my Facebook page - I didn't have one. "That was before you started with us. It was just that my wife was an only child, and her parents lived here. They were aging, and not in the best of health. It wouldn't have been fair to ask Connie to move away from them."

Holly was looking at me slightly differently.

- "You could have moved up quite a ways. I didn't realize that you had a Masters, either. But you gave up a promotion for love."

- "Something like that." I wasn't very comfortable discussing my wife, or our life together. "Tell me about your family." I suggested.

She had proud parents, a brother and a sister, and a boatload of uncles, aunts, and cousins.

- "I miss a lot of family gatherings, because of work." she said. "I didn't want to skip this one. Mom & Dad would have given me grief.