The Doe-Taur & Her Lover Pt. 03

Story Info
Alyssa and Sandor finally wrap up loose ends to move...
8.9k words
1.3k
1
1

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 09/15/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is a short work of erotic fiction containing furry, or anthropomorphic, characters, which are animals that either demonstrate human intelligence or walk on two legs, for the purposes of these tales. It is a thriving and growing fandom in which creators are prevalent in art and writing especially.

All work is fiction intended for fantasy only, regardless of content, and consent must always be acquired when engaging in any sex act with another adult.

Please note that all characters are clearly over eighteen and written as such in all stories.

---

They trotted into town with Alyssa jogging ahead of him, teasing the fox with a flick of her tail, though the cool air helped dry her fur off even more, light and fluffy in her natural state once again.

"Come on, Sandor!" She teased. "Keep up! If I can run like this carrying everything, you should be able to too!"

The fox, however, was not as agile nor as light on his feet as she was, though that was one way in which their strengths complimented each other. Still, he gave chase with a laugh and a smile, batting her playfully on her rump every time the doe-taur allowed him to catch up to her.

The market bustled in the afternoon, the sun lower in the sky than it had been, considering that the longest day of the year (the time of the longest light) had already passed. Every day crept closer and closer to autumn and winter after that.

"Where shall we go first?" Sandor said, pausing as he surveyed the outdoor market, stalls set up with merchants buying and selling. "There's copper pans to sell... The blankets... The collectables..."

Those were not items that they were all that keen to give up, though some things from their travels and missions could not be kept. Magical knick-knacks quite often had a high re-sale value too, which they were keen to make use of. Some of the mage's tools were ones that Sandor had grown out of too, his studies and learning progressing far beyond the use of enchanted bowls for crushing and mixing herbs for potions. Now, he was more likely to use a cauldron while he cast spells over it, sometimes for healing and sometimes for protection. Where Sandor's focus in magic lay was still a little on the flighty side.

"Well..." Alyssa said gently, taking the list that she had written from his hands. "There's a lot of cloth weighing me down, first. The fabric merchant is not far from here, that is where we should start."

"Of course," he said with a smile. "I'm glad you know where you're going at least!"

She poked his side gently, tongue sticking out the corner of her mouth, though only briefly in her flirty play.

"Yes, well," she teased, "I know you'd be here all day wandering around in circles if not for me! However would you have managed without me here to help you?"

The fox's smile wavered a little at the thought of being without Alyssa, though he merely drew her in close to him for a hug, squeezing her gently. The doe-taur squeaked, eyes darting about. She still wasn't used to being so open and affectionate with him in public, though it was something that they had talked about and agreed first of all, so that both were okay with everything. It wasn't right to break the consent of any party, after all, even when it was not in the bedroom. Communication had to be present in all parts of their relationship.

"Oh, I'll never be without you," Sandor said, nuzzling her cheek and kissing her hair, his lightly damp nose tickling her. "I'll let you lead the way."

Her strength, after all, was in organisation and management, the running of things like that so Sandor did not have to think about them or bother himself with them. Confidently, Alyssa trotted up to the fabric merchant, greeting him and laying the blankets out for him first.

"We have come to sell!" The doe-taur said, as if it was something that she did every single day. "Give me a price for these. Here is the thread, stitched to a high-quality, a dense weave. And this is actual gold thread in the embroidery and hem detailing."

She listed the qualities of the blankets easily, though Sandor didn't think he would even have known half of them. One was blue with gold stitching -- that was about all he could have said! And yet his love for her grew even as he watched her, something tightening inside him, though they had not long ago had their fun. Dreamily, he slipped away, imagining just what it would have been like to grab her and take her right there and then, perhaps even pinning her down over those very blankets and grinding into her, uncaring of anyone else or who was even there....

"Sandor... Sandor, Sandor, are you listening?"

Alyssa shook his arm gently and the fox started. It was his turn to blush, for he had been caught out daydreaming in public, even if no one around him could have possibly known what he was daydreaming about. It wasn't like him to drift away so quickly anymore, but the fox couldn't take back what had already happened.

"Um..." He floundered, trying to find the words that would help move things forward, recovering himself the best he could. "Yes... I think... That's a good price?"

Alyssa sighed, though there was still a smile on her lips.

"Oh, Sandor, you are drifting off again. Now, we've sold the blankets, there's the clothes though from my saddle bags to do next, along with the tablecloth."

He helped her with those, for that at least helped him get back to normal, to carry on with the flow of conversation without thinking about what he really wanted to be doing with Alyssa. They worked on it together, laying the cloth out for the merchant, though Sandor was struck a little uncomfortably by the notion that that, in a way, could have been his life if he hadn't gone into mage training.

He was happy with all the prices Alyssa negotiated, however, and they moved on to the collector, the one that would be able to take some of their rarer items, gathered during their missions and adventurers together during his training. Those were the heaviest and the most numerous, filling up the bulk of her saddlebags, though Alyssa held them confidently on her body, three leather bags slung on either side of her body.

The collector was in a small shop indoors and surprised to see her: a stallion with a line of spines down the back of his neck as if there was some reptilian or draconian heritage in his genes somewhere. Alyssa stepped confidently up to the desk.

"Hello! I am here to sell today, please. Here are our wares."

She laid everything out for him, though it took much longer in there, Sandor trying to keep up with everything, the barter back and forth, though he could, at least, chime in when he thought something was going too cheaply. When it came to the enchanted items, it helped that he was more experienced in that area and could tell more easily when the merchant was trying to get one over on them and make a bit of extra money from them.

Still, it was not the most interesting of things, even as they managed to lighten the load in her saddlebags considerably and move on to getting the few supplies they would need for the journey to the next town. Extra food that would not perish too quickly, but all things that they would need on the trip itself. Alyssa had to gently dissuade Sandor from buying too much on multiple occasions, putting things back on the merchant carts, stands and shelves, all with a light, knowing smile on her lips.

"We cannot sell so many things and then try to buy more, right now, to take with us," she said, explaining it to him. "We can buy more there, sweetheart, everything you want to make this place ours..."

Her smile grew wider. It seemed strange to her to think that it would be her place too, though Sandor had always been very clear about how he saw things, that the place that they lived was already intended to be theirs, together. It was one more sign that the fox meant for everything to be shared equally between them. And Alyssa was starting to feel more comfortable believing in it for herself too.

"I understand, sweetheart," he said, giving her a light hug from the side with his arm around her waist, the doe-taur squeaking as he drew her in against him. "You take the lead then, I trust you."

She did it admirably, setting the food carefully into her bags, from wrapped cheeses to dried meats, things that they would not need to keep cool overnight before they moved on. There were some fruits too, though Sandor preferred a more protein-rich diet than Alyssa, so she would have to persuade him a little more to eat more healthily. But that was a long-running battle for her and not all that much of a serious one, to be fair. There were a lot of other more pressing things in their life that took up their intention.

He was surprised that she bought items to clean their teeth and freshen their breath, along with small tubs of cleansing oils that could be used without the need for a bath. She said that there would most likely not be enough time for that, depending on how long it took them to travel. For the lack of comfort there, Sandor was, at the very least, more than a little disappointed.

"Oh!" He said with a yawn, stretching his arms above his head. "I'm famished! Is there anything more we need? Are we going to sleep at home tonight for one last night?"

Alyssa made a face at him.

"With the bed dismantled and already on its way? Sandor, I don't think you'd be comfortable with that!"

The fox perked his ears indignantly, folding his arms across his chest. In the last year or two, it had grown broader, though that was not enough to put Alyssa off. Others passing by cast them curious looks, perhaps wondering if there was a lover's quarrel brewing, but the doe-taur and the fox were not engaging in any such thing, not at all.

"I've camped with you before! I'm a mage, not a merchant!"

But Alyssa was only teasing as she flirted with a flick of her white tail, the fox rolling his eyes and taking a step back from her.

"Oh, I see, are you having fun at my expense?" He teased back at her, poking her side as the doe-taur squirmed away with a giggle, better able to do so now that her saddle bags were emptier than they had been. "Are you trying to say I'm too posh and well-dressed to rough it with you for a night, hm, Alyssa?"

Oh, how she loved hearing her name on his lips, though the doe-taur allowed herself to be drawn into his arms tightly, her own sliding around his waist in return. It felt like the right place to be, even embracing in public with more than a few judgemental eyes on them, nestling her nose into his shoulder with a soft sigh. The scent of him, and all the rest of him too, was everything she needed and more.

So, who cared what everyone else said? Who cared if they whispered about their relationship? Sandor's strength and power in magic had quelled most of them, for fear of upsetting him, though Alyssa bore more of the brunt of it, going about her daily tasks especially when she had to head out into the town.

"There's only some of the jewellery that we were given in trade before to sell on now," she said, though the sparkly jewels didn't appeal to her. "The jeweller, however, is near the tavern. Perhaps we should get a hot meal there tonight before we must carry on? There are still goodbyes to be had too, didn't you say something about the Elder coming to speak to you? How will you know if he's looking for you? Or how will he know where you are?"

Sandor mused, rubbing his snout as he considered the answer to that question.

"Hm... Well... I will send him a message. But are you not happy to sleep at home tonight, in that case?"

Alyssa smiled.

"We have more than enough spare for a night at the inn -- more comfortable than the upstairs of Stanley's tavern though. That was where you were intending to eat, wasn't it?"

He nodded.

"Yes! Stanley always buys the best pork sausages!"

Alyssa wrinkled her nose. The fox always ate more meat than her, while she preferred things like eggs if she did need a protein source. Anthros and centaurs could eat meat without upsetting their digestive systems, but that did not mean that they always chose to. For some, it was a little too close to home for them, depending on their species.

"I don't know how you can eat so much of those, but I think you should definitely get them if you want them, sweetheart," she said, dropping a kiss on his cheek, still standing close to him. "They should give you the energy we need to carry on with everything we have to do, the travelling."

Her heart pulled for the town she was leaving behind, though the doe-taur fixed her attention ahead, ensuring that she was making it the best future that she could. With so much sadness hidden back right at the very beginning of her life, she couldn't linger in the past.

Better to look forward. Better to stay with Sandor, to love him and to be with him, forevermore.

"Of course, then..." She mused. "We will go eat at the tavern, sell the jewellery beforehand, and...we will see where you want to spend the night. I'm afraid I did plan to spend the night away, but, honestly, Sandor, I'm really going to be comfortable anywhere."

She smiled, taking his hand as he settled in close to her, both knowing exactly where they were going. The town was not all that large, to be fair, and there were only so many places that they could go, the tavern one of Sandor's favourites for all the reasons that had to do with good food.

Selling the jewellery was a quick affair and more than enough to see them right: even Alyssa was a little surprised as to how much was offered for them and quick to negotiate up. Sometimes, it was even easier for her to barter with Sandor there, backing her up, even if fine jewels that were given in trade on one of their missions were not the forte of either of them.

Entering the tavern with Sandor, arm in arm, would forever remain one of her finest and proudest moments, however, just another couple.

"Oh, Sandor -- there's a table over there!" The doe-taur exclaimed. "Let's sit!"

The place was packed, bustling with life, though it would be lit well into the night, both the main ground floor and the upper level, framed with a banister that many a drunken fool had toppled through during a wild night, illuminated with magical flames in lanterns. The lanterns would not burn dry until the magic that sustained them emptied out completely -- however, the magic that kept them as they needed to be was quite simple and a small feat. So many anthros and even taurs too packed the place that it was hard to move between them, but the nook that Alyssa had spotted was tucked away with a high back to it that blocked out some of the noise.

They had not intended to find such a private corner, but, well, it suited them.

Sandor grinned, drawing a menu across the flat of the table to them and tapping on the table.

"Let's drink! To our success!"

Alyssa nodded, attention diverted.

"Ah, here's the waiter," she said. "Here, please! We're ready!"

It was not usual for taverns to offer table service, but it helped in their case and, she supposed, helped them avoid bottlenecks at the bar for those that weren't just drinking, plus fewer broken glasses.

"Oh!"

The waiter bustled up, a pine marten with her long, black hair tied away from her face, dressed in a smart, white blouse-shirt and a black skirt, which was modest even on her long legs. Her tail swung back and forth gently under it as she tapped a pencil on her notebook, ready to take their order.

"What can I get you this evening then, folks?"

She treated them just like any other couple, something for which Alyssa was very glad.

"Hm... Sandor," she said, pausing for only a moment to check in with him, "is it beer you want again? Yes? Two of those, please. And we'll need more later, if you can, please."

Sandor grinned and shook his head.

"What, for you?" He teased. "Don't you ever get really intoxicated?"

Alyssa laughed and brushed him off.

"Sometimes!" She had to say. "But I don't see the point in drinking frequently either, maybe if I knew more of the taurs around here I would have gone out, but that never happened. Now...about food..."

"Yes!" Sandor leapt in, keen to order. "Sausages and potatoes, fried, for me, please. Can you double the sausages?"

"Yes, of course," the pine marten waitress said with a smile. "We have some fresh ones in this morning, I'm sure they will be to your liking. Would you like your usual with the side of spiced tender stem broccoli too?"

Sandor had to catch himself in time from making a face, though, to be fair to him, he had started adding more "green things" to his diet. It had somehow become the most tolerable vegetable for the fox at that tavern and somehow his "usual".

"Um..." He didn't know how to say that he'd rather just have extra potatoes with Alyssa giggling at him from hind her hand. "Yeah... Yes, please, I'll have that too. Anything extra, please, I've got a big appetite today!"

Alyssa laughed.

"Yes, you always do..." The waitress caught Alyssa's attention, ready for her order too. "Oh, yes, me now... I'd like...a root vegetable roast with an extra side of potatoes too, please, like Sandor's will be fine if you have enough. Oh -- and a pitcher of beer, maybe that would be better?"

The waitress smiled, scribbling it all down and stepping back to allow them space.

"Of course! I'll have that ready for you as soon as I can! Please just let me know if I can do anything else for you."

"She's friendly tonight," Alyssa chuckled, her ears perked as Sandor shifted a little closer to her around the table, sliding across the curved booth so that he didn't have to be so far away. "Do you think she remembers us from before, or just your order?"

Sandor laughed.

"Probably my order... And I don't think we cause any trouble here either, not like some of the anthros."

Alyssa grimaced.

"Well, yeah, the centaurs especially... I know what they can be like, but there's no harm in most of them, they're just a bit rowdier than most. But, yes, I know there have been more than a few scuffles here."

"Not always the taurs, or centaurs," Sandor said, quickly rushing in and taking her hand, all so that he could reassure her. "There are more than enough idiotic anthros around too, trust me! You should see some of the fights the mages have, those turn into real brawls. And they're meant to be more refined than others. I swear, I don't see it!"

Alyssa smiled.

"Oh, Sandor," she said. "You always know how to make me feel better. And I wasn't even feeling that bad at all!"

"I know," he said, rubbing the back of her hand with his thumb. "But I always want to make sure you're happy and comfortable, Alyssa. Even when we're doing things that are a little...hm...naughtier."

Alyssa squeaked and pulled back a little, though only from surprise, heat rushing to her cheeks.

"Oh, Sandor!" The doe-taur admonished him gently, though it was hard for her to appear serious when there was a smile trying to insistently tug her lips up higher and higher. "You shouldn't say things like that out here, not in public! And we already did...that...earlier! You can't want to do it again yet, can you?"

The fox's tail swung lightly back and forth under the table, hidden from Alyssa's view.

"Mmm, well, I'm always thinking of you," he murmured, eyes downcast. "You're quite a distraction, Alyssa... I'm too often thinking of your lovely rump and the smooth line of your back, your strong legs..."

"Sandor!"

She sat up straight, wide-eyed, though not even the doe-taur could fully hide that she was flushed with pleasure at the compliments, even if they were bordering on obscene for that kind of place.

"You can't say stuff like that... Not here! People are looking!"

Sandor, however, didn't care about that, even if he wished he could shield Alyssa from the too-curious stares and looks that they were getting from those that really should have concerned themselves with their own business. The fox gave a subtle warning growl to a stoat who was looking a little too curiously at them, almost leering as his lips twitched.