The Dragon and the Wolf Ch. 09

Story Info
The Dragonborn's adventures in the world of the Witcher.
6.2k words
4.73
1.9k
2
0

Part 9 of the 14 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 02/01/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 9 -- An Old Flame

*****

I had no time for the Emperor of Nilfgaard, but I also had no time for Radovid of Redania either, nor the useless twats who seemed to make up a greater portion of his army. Approaching Oxenfurt, I passed by more of his soldiers the further north I travelled, and as I rode into the outskirts of the city, the number of refugees hoping for safe passage almost beggared belief.

I managed to get over the main crossing only thanks to the fact Geralt had given me a pass that promised safe conduct through Redanian territory, thanks to the Bloody Baron himself. Slight surprise, considering he worked for Nilfgaard more than anyone, but I guess he had plenty of friends in high places.

My first thought upon crossing the bridge into Oxenfurt itself was of Shani. It had been quite some time since I'd seen her. With the war, I had a feeling I wouldn't find her in the city but still rode to the academy first. What I found saddened me, as soldiers now prowled it instead of students. I found a notice that said anyone trained in medicine would be sent to the front line to serve Redania, while anyone else was simply kicked out, the academy closed during hostilities.

What angered me, though, was the pile of books clearly getting ready to be burned. Considering everything I'd heard about Radovid, it didn't surprise me. I would have done something about it but I wasn't going to kill all his soldiers over a few books. Not yet anyway...

I knew Radovid was in Oxenfurt, on his ship at least. Although I was curious about the man, I wasn't going to waste time looking at just his boat, hoping I might catch sight of him. Heading towards the centre of the city, I found very little had changed since my last visit, eventually stopping outside a tavern and heading inside for a bite to eat and a drink.

History often has a way of repeating itself and it did again this night. I was slowly making way through a second tankard when I felt a soft hand run down my arm, glancing to my left to see a red haired, green eyed woman looking at me, half-smiling, half on the verge of crying, so it seemed. All I did was turn towards, take her in my arms, and kiss her. Her arms went around the back of my neck. I think one or two may have even applauded, though the man behind the bar eventually cleared his throat. "Could just get a room if you want to carry on," he muttered.

"Sorry," Shani and I said together.

"One vodka, please," I added, "With lemon."

"You remember," she stated softly.

"Hard to forget. Don't know many who drink that." Once she had the cup in hand, we clinked and took a sip before I led her toward a small table in the corner. Moving chairs so we could sit side by side, watching the crowd, her hand quickly found its way onto my thigh as I wrapped an arm around her in return. "Didn't expect to see you here."

"I'm on furlough. As the war is currently on hiatus, the need for doctors and nurses has fallen. So I thought I'd head back to my old stomping ground. Shame what they've done to the academy. That's why I'm here. What's brought you back here?"

"I'm looking for someone. Currently working with Geralt."

"Where is he?"

"Further south. We're working on the same problem but it's s two-pronged approach."

"And your search included a visit to a tavern?" I gave her a look which made her giggle, before she cuddled into me. "Well, I'm glad you did. It's been far too long since we last saw each other, Ragnar."

"It's been hectic for quite a while."

"I'm sure I'm not the only one who misses you." I gave her another look. "Oh please, you know I know. Did I ever make a fuss about it? No. All I know is that, whenever we were together, I knew I was the only one you were thinking about at the time."

"Thought about you a hell of a lot when you're not around too."

"Have you booked a room here?"

"Not yet."

She knocked back the drink and looked at me. "You should join me at mine then."

That was an invitation if ever I heard one. Sculling my tankard, we stood up, put on our coats, and practically raced out of the tavern. Shani took my hand and led towards a relatively well-to-do area of Oxenfurt. I couldn't help glance her way and she managed to look a little embarrassed. "Since I gained my doctorate, I have managed to squirrel away a little money. The house isn't my own alone, I share ownership with an old friend."

"Not judging. Glad you're doing well in life considering what you must deal with at times."

"True, but I don't want to think about that right now."

"You have plans, Shani?" She gave me a look I knew well. "Well, I've always enjoyed that look in your eyes that tells me I'm about to be in for quite the good time."

Arriving at her front door, she took the keys from her small bag, opened the door and called out for her housemate. There was no response, so after closing and locking the door, I found myself dragged upstairs. I had about five seconds to take in the tasteful decoration before she was all over me, her hands eager to get my armour off as we kissed, and while I always enjoyed the nurses uniform she wore, I much preferred her out of it.

Once I had her dress off, I had to stop and just appreciate the tasteful lingerie, all white, plus the white stockings and garter she wore as well. Definitely turned me on even more, as she lowered my underwear to reveal my cock. "I take that as a sign you approve," she whispered, getting on her knees before me, grabbing the base and running her tongue up my shaft, "I remember how much you appreciated my talents, Ragnar."

I ran fingers through her hair, which earned me one of those gorgeous smiles she constantly wore for me, before I watched my cock slowly but surely disappeared inside her mouth. I loved watching women go down on me, and she knew to keep looking up, her green eyes sparkling like the finest emeralds. I'd always held deep affection for her since our first night together. In many ways, we loved each other, but it was on the basis we knew it would unlikely ever be permanent, but whenever we were in the same place, we would get together and enjoy the intimacy our relationship had.

"Gods," I groaned, which made her giggle again.

"Methinks he likes it," she said.

"I'm going to blow like Red Mountain in a couple of minutes." She looked at me, a little confused. "Something from where I'm from. Just... Just keep going. Please!"

She did, her enthusiasm for pleasing me infectious. She'd never been shy in her desire for me as much as mine for her in return. Little wonder I was already been blown probably no more than an hour after reuniting. I warned her I was about to cum but I could see the smile in her eyes and knew what she wanted. Gently grabbing the back of her head, I groaned against as I felt myself unload, the immediately feeling of weakening knees and the need to catch my breath. She continued to suck me until I was finished and obviously needed a moment or two.

"Still yummy as ever, Ragnar."

"By Talos, Shani, I forgot how good you were at that."

She stood up and I kissed her, which always surprised her, considering there was the lingering taste. Never bothered me as most women I was intimate with did it either constantly or at least from time to time. "Do you like what I'm wearing?" she asked, taking a step back and posing.

"Love it. Always loved you in uniform." She laughed out loud as I pulled her close and kissed her again. Hugging her to my body, she broke the kiss and rested her head against my chest, feeling her fingers run up and down my back. "Bloody good to see you, Shani," I whispered.

"How long are you here?"

"Only to find the person I need. Then I'll need to head back with the report. Not sure when I'll be here again." I lifted her chin with a finger. "But I certainly have a good reason to head back whenever I can."

No surprise Shani ended up on her back a few minutes later, only her panties removed as she wanted only one thing from me. My mouth on her pussy. I was more than willing to oblige what she wanted, and as turned on as she was, revelling in her taste as I was, her first orgasm didn't take too long. Once she had that, everything except her stockings were removed as I focused on the rest of her body for a little while, with my mouth at least, my fingers continuing to tease her, feeling her body writhe at everything I was doing.

But my head ended up back between her legs after all that, and I lost track of how long I spent eating her out, and I rarely counting the orgasms a woman had. I only cared that she did have them. Occasionally, for whatever reason, it didn't happen, but with those lovers I connected with above all else, I loved nothing more than making and watching them cum.

"Ragnar," she breathed, feeling her fingers grip my hair, holding my head in place, practically rubbing her pussy across my face, "One more, then we'll make love."

Shani always said we made love. She enjoyed one last orgasm before whispering for me to stop, kissing up her body before our eyes met, her face breaking out into a wide grin as she leaned up to kiss me. We made out as I gave her a few minutes to catch her breath and calm down before I felt a soft hand wrap around my cock, guiding it towards her pussy. Sliding inside, we had to break the kiss as we both released a low moan.

"God, that's good, Ragnar," she whispered as I slowly buried my cock, "Forgot how thick you were!"

"Always enjoy hearing a compliment."

She laughed. "How about 'Best cock in Oxenfurt!'"

"Just Oxenfurt?"

She laughed again. "I keep going, Ragnar, your ego won't fit through the door when you leave." The smile disappeared as she leaned up to kiss me. "I haven't been with anyone else, Ragnar. It makes moments like this even better."

"Seriously? Shani, you..."

She put a finger to my lips. "Yes, I'm serious. So, what I want to do is make love until we're both too worn out to continue. Then we'll go to sleep, and part tomorrow with more good memories to share."

And that's what we did. The sex was phenomenal as always. Since our first time we'd made love, the spark we shared only ever increased with each time we were together. She was a sexual dynamo, to be honest. She was flexible, had stamina, and an open mind. We laughed and had a lot of fun, willing to try new things, but we always enjoyed the old reliable positions that always felt the best and would result in both of us enjoying more than one orgasm. As with most lovers, I loved it when she rode me, and she had always loved riding me, particularly when my hands caressed her body at the same time. We learned early on she loved getting down on her knees, her head on a pillow, as I'd fuck her hard from behind. She had a slightly submissive streak we occasionally explored, but nothing beyond perhaps tying her up and teasing her for a while before giving her quite the pounding that left her begging for more while also laughing she'd be walking funny for days afterwards.

But each and every time, it would end with Shani spooned against me, wrapped in my arms, as we'd talk for what seemed like hours about nothing at all. From that first night we'd shared, when all we'd done is lie together, it had always felt so comfortable, so natural to be together. Little wonder that we loved each other immensely, but were realistic at the same time. Our lives were markedly different.

"No doubt my housemate might make a comment or two tomorrow morning at breakfast," she whispered with a giggle, "I'm fairly sure she would have come home while we were making love, and we were not exactly being quiet."

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?"

"She'll feign jealousy once she gets a look at you. But she also knows all about you anyway."

I dressed ready for the day the next morning, Shani throwing on a simple gown as we headed downstairs to the kitchen, when I was introduced to her housemate, a rather attractive brunette, who was rather friendly with more than one not so subtle remark about my apparent prowess from the previous night. Shani simply smiled, leaning into my arm. "I won't be vulgar, but I think I've suggested enough, Elora."

"Heard enough at times last night, Shani."

"Stop teasing!" Shani giggled.

I ate my breakfast mostly in silence before announcing I had best depart as I needed to find the missing person before returning south. Shani led me to the door, where we shared a final embrace and one hell of a last kiss. "Will you be in the area again soon?"

"I don't know. But, as I said, I definitely have a good reason to return swiftly."

"Maybe I'll wear different coloured lingerie next time." My eyes must have definitely lit up, as she giggled again. "It was good to see you, Ragnar."

"You too, Shani."

We embraced again, neither of us particularly wanting to let go, before I did and stepped through the threshold. She stood in the doorway, waving, before I disappeared from view. Once she had, I put her out of my mind, at least for the time being. I didn't anticipate any trouble regarding Tamara Strenger. I had the address, so it was simply a case of if she would be willing to talk to me. She'd put two and two together rather quickly.

The house was by the harbour. Knocking on the door, it was opened by a man I obviously didn't recognise, so I wasted no time getting to the point. "I'm Ragnar Dragonborn. I'm here to speak to Tamara Strenger."

He was immediately cautious. "Who sent you?"

"Your brother told us about her. I need to speak to her about her father."

Despite the fact I towered over him, and was obviously armed, he puffed himself up. "You don't mean to cause trouble, do you?"

"I only wish to talk to Tamara, hear her side of the story. I won't force anyone to do anything they don't want."

He nodded and stepped aside. "Come in. Please, take a seat. I'll fetch her for you."

Tamara arrived a few minutes later. She took one look at me and figured out who had sent me, at least. Gesturing to the available seat, she at least sat down nearby so we could talk. "You're looking for me. And who might you be? My father send you?"

"Aye, he did."

"Who are you?"

"Ragnar Dragonborn."

There was a slight smirk. "Heard about you. Why are you working for my father? Didn't think you'd work for someone like... Well, someone like him."

"He has information I need and he asked me to find you. Considering what my companion found trying to find you himself, I'm just happy to see you alive and well."

"I'm quite alive and extraordinarily well, Ragnar Dragonborn. Better than I've ever been in this rotten life of mine. And now that you've seen me, I bid you farewell."

She started to stand up. "Wait, there is something..."

"What could you possibly want to know?" A look must have passed my face as she slowly sat back in the chair. "I guess you know then..."

"I'm sorry, Tamara. What you and your mother have been through, no-one deserved it. But I need to hear your side. All I've heard is his."

She sighed, before standing up and approaching a nearby cabinet, returning with a bottle and a couple of cups. She poured each of us a couple of fingers worth before she sighed again. "I can't remember my father as a good man, Ragnar. Not after everything that's happened recently. Not after what he did to my mother. He's never raised a hand in anger against me. Barely ever raised his voice. Compare that to my mother, I wonder when they last admitted to loving each other. All I remember is drink, shouting, and violence."

"Your mother, Tamara. I know what happened but we don't know where she is."

"Worst night of my life," she whispered, before knocking back her cup, pouring herself another one, "Stuff of nightmares. I still see it now when I close my eyes." She shuddered. I would have rested a comforting hand on her shoulder, but I doubt she'd have appreciated that. I was there on behalf of her father. "Mother claims she never wanted the child. I think she was going a little mad while it happened. She'd been rather content before that night."

"That night? What happened?"

"I'm not sure what started. Father was drunk as usual... well, perhaps worse than normal. Something set it off and the shouting was more intense than normal. Mother then said we would be leaving. She'd had enough. That's when it got physical. Again, he never laid a hand on me. But mother... she fell and..." She shuddered again. This time I did take her hand and squeeze. She glared at me for a moment before seeming to understand, nodding her thanks as I removed it. "I don't know where mother is. All I remember is that this beast appeared from out of the woods as we were making our way to meet our contact... It grabbed mother and disappeared before I could even think about screaming. I would have ridden after her, but the horses were spooked, and there was nothing I could do alone."

"Shit..."

"That's my story, Ragnar. Nineteen years of torment and torture, watching my mother just... endure. But she endured enough. We were meant to be safe here. Now... Now I will find my mother and make sure she is safe and sound."

"How?"

She gestured at the candles around the room. "I have some new friends. Heard of the Church of the Eternal Fire?"

"In passing." I could have mentioned the fact that they, along with Radovid, were burning plenty of people at the stake.

"A priest helped me contact the Redanian witch hunters. Righteous, brave men. They'll help me."

"What should I tell your father?"

"I'm not going back. And I will fight anyone who tries to drag me back. I'd rather die."

"I'm not here to do that, Tamara. I will return to him, let him know you're alive, and that's it."

"Thanks. At least there are still some with a modicum of decency and honour that hover in his presence."

"I don't plan on being in it any longer than I need." I stood up. "Good luck, Tamara. And I mean that."

She stood up and escorted me to the door. "Be careful of my father, Ragnar. He is not a good man."

I was tempted to head straight back to Shani's, but we had ended on a good note, and I knew I'd see her sooner rather than later. Instead, I figured I'd just head straight back to Crow's Perch and let the baron know about his daughter. If he thought I was going to drag her back to him, or at least try and convince her, he was going to be sorely disappointed.

It was a long ride from Oxenfurt to Crow's Perch, arriving only after night had fallen. I found the baron half-drunk already in his office, so his attitude pissed me off as soon as I walked in the door and he started barking at me. He hadn't stood up, so when I strode over and loomed over him, he grew quiet before I sat opposite him.

"Your daughter is alive," I stated.

"Where is she?"

"She's in Oxenfurt at the moment, but she will be leaving with people from the Eternal Fire. She had no desire to return here."

"You were supposed to bring her back!"

I stood up and leaned forward on the desk. "Listen very carefully, Strenger. You might get used to intimidating a bunch of scared peasants, and throw the fear of the gods into your men, but if you really want to see how I deal with bullies, we can head downstairs and I can put you on your arse again, maybe give you another black eye."

He glared at me for a few seconds before he looked away. When he sighed, I knew the fight was out of him. "It's all my fault," he eventually muttered.

"Look, Phillip," the use of his first name earned a surprised glance, "I know you have this ideal of what your relationship was with your daughter. Unfortunately, she doesn't remember it the same way. She spent most of her life scared of you, and that fear has developed into... I think it was hatred for a while, but now it's indifference. All she wants to do is forget it all. Everything that happened, but most importantly you. And I think that's a truth you need to hear and understand. It is your actions alone that drove her away."

12