The Druid and the Igniad Ch. 07

Story Info
The settlement comes under siege!
5.9k words
4.5
1k
2
0

Part 7 of the 10 part series

Updated 06/15/2023
Created 03/11/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Azoulas
Azoulas
59 Followers

The attacking army took up positions near the fortified settlement that had been Gern's home since his birth. They began cutting down trees, sawing and shaving the wood into hundreds of ladders for an escalade. Skirmishes broke out on the mountain trails as defenses on the ridges were probed for weaknesses. Chief Gartham led his warriors on the rocky crags as if he were defending their own mountainhomes.

Meanwhile, Arkis retrieved a large satchel from his belongings, and laid out nine purple crystals on the table. They were the size of unopened pinecones, and retained their natural shape and scaly fractal surface. Gern gave orders to the chieftains, and Arkis fetched Lu's pelvic crystal from the hot springs, and several herbs and flowers at Lu's request. Lu, warming herself with a skirt of flame, used chalk to draw lines and symbols on the flagstones of the Great Hall. Gern approached as she worked.

"Um, Lu," Gern said, "you seem quite knowledgeable in ritual magic. Where did you learn to do this?"

Lu finished drawing the symbol for "essence", giving herself a few moments to think about what she wanted to say. She stood up, and took a breath.

"I haven't been...completely honest with you Gern. I was afraid you would be angry with me."

"Why would I be angry about you knowing arcane lore? I'm a bit of an alchemist myself."

"Because...I learned it from Labolas."

"You...wait, what?"

"I know he's working for Evalyn, but--"

"You trusted that demon? What did they do to you when they took you captive?"

"Nothing! Just listen!" Lu's skirt briefly flared at her exclamation, betraying her frustration. Gern crossed his arms and waited for Lu to continue. "Thank you. He wants to betray Evalyn. He's being forced to serve her. I've been taking lessons from him for months."

"You...kept this secret from me all this time?"

"I'm sorry," Lu cast her eyes down in shame. "I wanted to tell you...I really did. I just knew you wouldn't trust him."

"Of course not! We looked up everything we could about this demon after you told us about him. Labolas is a name that comes up in some very old scrolls. He's known as 'the betrayer' and is associated with bloodshed. This whole war was probably his idea! Maybe it was he who brought Evalyn back from the dead, did you think of that?"

"Maybe he did! But he helped me escape! I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for him! And why would he teach me magic if he didn't want me to defeat Evalyn?"

"I--well, I don't know, but I can't believe you trusted a demon and not me!"

Lu and Gern glared at one another, separated by lines of chalk on the floor.

"I may just be a befuddled old man," Ongus spoke up, taking a pause to throw back a swig from his flask, "but I have recited the lore of our people all my life, as it was told unto me. There is a reason the wisdom of the ancients was passed down to us in three-fold sayings. There is a reason we are tattooed with the triple-spiral. Every problem in life, as every thing itself, consists of two things opposed to each other, and a third that connects them together. You have both identified a conflict between you...and normally I would not interfere. But much is at stake, and discord amongst us now could ensure our destruction. The world is out of balance, and we must serve Gaia by finding balance amongst, and within, ourselves. Is this also your wish?"

Gern sighed, said: "Yes."

"Yes," Lu concurred softly.

"Then make your peace," Ongus said.

"Gern," Lu began, "I'm sorry I didn't trust you, and I know that it is unfair of me to ask that you trust me now, but I love you, and I need you."

"I love you too, Lu. I'm sorry I became angry. The demon may not be on Evalyn's side, but I don't think he's on your side, either. I cannot trust him."

"I understand, and you may be right, but I can use what he taught me to help us get our daughter back. I need you to help me in this ritual."

"Very well. Tell me what to do."

"You will stand in the north and represent earth. I will stand in the south, representing fire. Opal, will you stand in the west and represent water?"

"Of course!" Opal said cheerfully, and she got up from her nest of blankets. She winced at the pain of her scorched neck, holding a damp cloth over it.

"You mustn't strain yourself, Opal," Nualla cautioned, bringing a poultice of herbs and honey.

"Nualla," Lu addressed, "I need someone to stand in the east, representing air."

"I am honored that you would ask me, Lu, but as an Ovate my affinity is with the element of water, and Opal is a far better choice for that station."

Ongus cleared his throat, said: "It has been said of me that I am a windbag, and as the eldest bard in the land, I humbly offer my service to you, igniad." He bowed his snowy-haired head with a smile.

"So be it," Lu said with a smile of her own. "Two men and two women. Two mortals and two immortal. Let the magic connect us."

Lu explained the structure of the ritual, and outlined what was expected. Arkis kept a watchful vigil at the roofless building's entrance, ready to prevent anyone from disrupting what occurred within. When they were ready, Lu reached through the flames of her fire-skirt and took off her crystal cup, blushing a little as she felt her own flames harmlessly lick the outer lips of her sex. She placed her pelvic crystal in the center of the circle, then the shards of the crystal trees in a tight spiral around it. Offerings of salt, herbs, and symbolic items were placed around the magic circle, including a sword, a bowl of consecrated water, a smoldering stick of incense, and a tallow candle, which Lu lit with a flick of her finger. She swept her finger up from the candle and traced a pentagram in the air, trailing flame from her fingertip.

She softened her sight and visualized color in her breath, a bright, clear yellow like morning sunlight. She felt a power clarifying and strengthening her mind.

"Gaia," Lu began, "Divine Goddess, Mother, you who generates all things and brings forth ever anew the sun which you have given us, guardian of the sky and of all creatures and powers...we pray to you, the source of strength of all beings, for without you nothing can be born or brought to perfection. Now I make intercession to all your powers and herbs and to your majesty, and offer you the worship and reverence that is your due. Bless this magic, so that we might serve you."

Lu's eyes regained their focus, and she looked to Gern across the circle. He felt her gaze, and took a steadying breath.

"Powers of the North," Gern addressed as earnestly as he could, "quadrant guardian of the earth, I consecrate these jewels of living crystal, and charge it with your energies. I purify them this night, and make them sacred."

Lu gave a little nod. Short, concise, and to the point. Fitting for the element of earth, she thought. She looked to Ongus, who stood at the east of the circle.

"Powers of the East," Ongus addressed in his aged voice, "quadrant guardian of Air, element of the Muse and sacred power of the bards, we pray you, aid us in our connection to inspiration. Be the wing and prayer on which our magic flies. Be our voice, and breathe sacred life into this rite, for the sake of the life and love of an innocent child."

Lu's vision blurred for a moment from oily tears welling in her eyes, but she blinked them away and centered herself, said: "Powers of the South, I evoke the elemental force of Fire, the flames of transformation and passion...dancing source of heat, light, and life. I seek the glowing forge within, to shape enchantments upon these crystals for strength and protection, and I pray to the quadrant guardian of Fire that I am worthy. May your light burn away the darkness that besets me."

Lu felt a tender warmth flush throughout her body, exciting her sacral chakra at her loins as well as her mind, and her heart beat with confidence. She looked to Opal, who stood at the west of the circle, skyclad except for the cloth dressings over her neck and the enchanted waterlily over her sex. The firelight from the circle's ceremonial candle mingled with the starlight against her glimmering skin.

"Powers of the West," Opal said, looking to the center of the circle, "lead us to the springs of eternal life within. May we drink and be satisfied, and become channels of your grace. May those who thirst find the water without price. I ask you, help us to grant this magic the grace of fluidity of the never-failing fountain of life. May the energies flow like the pure water of the spirit."

Lu's pelvic crystal in the center of the circle began to glow with a golden-purple light, and subtle ripples of opalescent color shimmered on its smooth, elegant surface. The light spread to the crystal shards that spiraled around it as they seemed to attune to the magic that they had forgotten.

Lu slowly stepped into the circle and approached the center, said: "I charge these crystals in the name of Gaia and the Ancients, the Sun and the Moon and the Stars. By the powers of the Earth, of Air, of Fire and of Water, receive now your blessings."

She crouched down next to the crystal spiral, and as she did so her skirt of flame grew in its reach across her skin, flickering over her sensitive, milk-swollen breasts. She touched the crystal nearest her.

"Inward light to guide my way," Lu said, then touched the next one, and touched each one in turn with a caress of her fingertips as she continued. "Radiance of moon to bring me peace, splendor of fire to quench the darkness, speed of lightning to strike true, swiftness of wind to dance me free, depth of molten sea to preserve my mysteries, firmness of stone to bring me stability amidst changing histories." She hovered her hand over the second to last jewel, thinking of two final enchantments. Perhaps for a sword and shield, she thought, but then she dismissed the idea. She knew how to fight against swords and shields, but she had never used them herself. She knew she could not rely on her flames, however. She made her choice, and placed her hands on both crystals. "Power of oaken limb, uphold me against the full force of storm's brim."

All the crystals glowed brighter for a moment, then their light subdued until there were only faint but ever-present shimmers of fractal lights within them. Lu stood up and faced each cardinal direction, thanking the powers and closing the gates in her mind, then closed the ritual with a silent prayer to Gaia and the triple-ahwen affirmation. She beamed a smile, emboldened by the enchantments she commanded. Despite the odds, she felt victory was now possible.

"Gern," Lu addressed, "I need some way to wear these. I'm going to save our daughter."

"I have just the thing" he said, "...and I'm going with you."

Lu gathered up all the crystals in the satchel Arkis had brought them in, and placed her crystal cup once again between her legs. Gern led Lu to the smithy where she had helped operate the forge for months. The forge was deserted, for everyone was secure in their homes or at defensive stations. Every weapon, shield, and peice of armor had been equipped for use against the ongoing attack, or so it seemed. Gern set his staff against the wall by a large chest. He unlocked it, and threw it open. Inside was an elegant set of armor, masterfully made and compactly arranged. It was plain to see it was made for her.

"Oh, Gern, it's wonderful. Did you make this?"

"I've been crafting it for months. I came here and worked on it when you wanted time for yourself."

"When...I was learning magic."

"I accept your apology, Lu. This is my gift to you. This way, I can protect you even beyond my death."

"You're not going to die today, or tomorrow. You will be with me, and I will be with you."

"I will be with you," he cupped her cheek, "for as long as I live. But I will not live forever."

"I promise to you I will cherish all our days." Tears welled in her eyes again, and she kissed him, closing her eyes and sending heavy trails down her cheeks. They both wanted to embrace one another more, but time was precious, and Gern broke the kiss.

"Let's get those crystals set," Gern said determinately.

Lu clutched the shard she had enchanted for fire, and conjured elemental flames with such focus that Gern could scarcely look long enough to weld prongs to the pieces of armor. They worked together swiftly, and beveled the prongs over the gems until every one of them was held securely on the armor at the head, shoulders, arms, legs, and breast. The armor was finished, bearing heavy enchantments and ready to be donned.

"I'll help you put it on," Gern said, "then we'll charge through the battlements and take Evalyn by surprise. We must hurry! There's no telling what the witch is doing to our girl."

"She'll be keeping her somewhere safe. She won't put Awen at risk."

"You say that like Evalyn actually cares about Awen. She's holding her life hostage so that we will surrender."

"Actually...no. She wants to possess Awen's body as her own, and she won't do that until she has grown beyond infancy. She would be too vulnerable otherwise."

"You have kept more secrets from me?"

"I--I thought Awen was beyond her grasp. I didn't want to worry you."

"That was important information, Lu! No more secrets!"

"If I don't tell you something, it's because I just want to protect you, Gern!"

"Protect me from the truth? With lies?!"

"I haven't lied to you!"

"Yet you do not trust me with the truth!"

"The raw truth can hurt..." Lu said, guilt mounting like a lump in her throat.

"I will suffer it, as I will suffer every ill for the sake of my love for you."

"Very well, Gern. Then I should tell you...I put a spell on Chief Gartham," she admitted timidly, and he stared at her in shock. "I didn't want to, but he saw Labolas, and was going to turn everyone against me, and it would have destroyed the alliance you were building...so I put a charm on him so that he would not betray me."

After a long pause, Gern said: "Why did you not tell me then?"

"I told you, I didn't want to hurt you!"

"Well you have!" He retorted angrily, taking a step away.

"I didn't mean to! I didn't want to do it!"

"Yet you did it anyway!"

"I'm sorry!" Lu exclaimed, frustration creeping into her tone.

"Is there anyone else you've ensorcelled behind my back?"

"No! Why would I do that?"

"I caught you with Opal."

"That--that was different! And you coupled with her, too!"

"Only because you were there!"

"Oh, so it's my fault?" She took a challenging step closer to him.

"Yes!" He stamped forward.

"Well, you're welcome!"

Gern opened his mouth to retort, but didn't form the words. He stooped, the tip of his nose almost touching her's.

They glared into one another for a moment, and then, just like that, the passion of their anger became indistinguishable from the passion of their love, and they kissed. Their tongues dueled with one another, and their hands grasped at each other's bodies as Lu extended an empathic link between them so she could feel his feelings as intimately as he felt them for himself. She felt the fear of dying in the battle to come, and the prospect of losing Gern made her mad to become one with him one more time. She felt the hard crystal slicken against her smooth skin with her sudden wetness, and Gern's manhood swelled in response under his kilt, lifting the heavy leather.

Gern's hand reached to remove her crystal cup, but Lu was still angry with him, as he was still angry with her, and her skirt of flame bit his skin. Gern retracted his hand with an exclamation of pain, and he broke their kiss, stepping back to dunk his hand in the quench bucket. Lu could not help but to smirk at him, glad to have chastised him for contributing to the anger felt between them. Gern gave a smirk back as he grabbed the wooden bucket of quench water behind him and threw its contents at her. The water splashed against her navel and drowned her waist-hugging flames.

Lu huffed in an accosted manner, and wanted to repay the indignant act in kind. She focused on the brass pin of Gern's belt, said: "Nulut aem mina!" The soft metal liquified instantly at the intensity of Lu's spell, and Gern's kilt dropped to the floor.

With his manhood bobbing free of the leather enclosure, he closed the distance between them, sweeping the iron-working tools off the workbench to his side as he advanced. He grabbed her by the waist and swung her towards the cleared tabletop, bending her over onto her belly. Her nipples perked instantly as they pressed against the grain of the wood, and an imprint of them was scorched onto the surface. Beads of water stood out on the curve of her buttock, and she writhed on the table.

"Gern," she breathed rakishly in a way that was an apology, a plea, and a demand. Her slickness was evident through the transparency of her crystal protector, showing her purple pedals gently blooming against the smooth surface.

Gern hooked his fingers over the lip of the crystal at the bottom of the valley between her cheeks and tore it away. It almost slipped out of his hand, smeared as it was with her arousal. He tossed it onto the table and positioned himself behind her. He seized her rear in his hands and tantalized her slippy cleft with his fully erect love member. She groaned with want and communicated her urgency through their link. Her nether lips tuggled at his massaging tip.

She pulled herself slightly forward on the expansive table, its surface beginning to smoke around the edges of her body, where her skin met the wood. The beads of water on her body steamed from her rising temperature. She inched forward, intending to make him adjust closer so she could then push back onto him. She felt the brush of his divine seed giver on her mons as he followed her hot opening. She dragged herself across the smoking wood, her feet lifting off the floor as her rear arched up. She was about to stop when he suddenly yanked her back and went up on his own toes, slipping his cock into her slick depths.

Gern lavished her inner walls with his sliding scepter, and she relaxed into pure reception, closing her eyes and tasting the fire-touched air of the smithy through her open mouth. Her hair of smoke tumbled in swirls over the iron working tools that lay scattered around her, and Gern took in the sight of her strong, shapely backside as he slid his member in and out of her sensual furnace, stoking her like a bellows and soaking in her heat. Against the wall in front of them, the glowing chamber of the forge crackled, still hot from the day's work.

The beat of war drums reached them on the wind, and it brought with it a feeling of urgency. Both the fear and the anticipation of the encroaching battle heightened their sensitivity, and also a sensation of forbidden pleasure, as if they were doing something they were not supposed to be doing in that place or at that time.

Elemental energy churned in Lu, and she struggled to keep it within her, fearful that an outburst might be harmful to Gern from her mixed emotions. Her insides became hotter, and the magical tension surged into Gern's body through the rigid flesh that joined them. He groaned like a bear when it is surprised by a sudden arrival, and he climbed up on top of her, folding his legs on either side of her her own, then dove into her. She dragged herself further forward, charring the wood, her enraptured face clearing the edge of the table. Her inner thighs were smeared with her leaking arousal, and her oily skin caressed the head of Gern's shaft each time he drew out of her.

She could feel all of him, the pressure deepening within, and she began to flex in a rhythmic pattern so her inner walls would grip his length and milk him.

"Gern, Gerrrrn..." Lu half-moaned, her natural magic coalescing in her sacral chakra, brimming at the verge of bursting. A lucid part of her realized the power that was about to be released, and if she could harness even a portion of it to help the in the imminent battle, she might triumph, and protect those she loved. She felt her orgasm coming, and could not think of anything else to dedicate it to other than Gern's protection.

Azoulas
Azoulas
59 Followers
12