The Eighty-eighth Key Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I keep thinking about our little June and what might have been. I would like to know that you are not the last of me, Harald. I would like to know that we will carry on. I would like to know that one day you will fall in love with your music again. You create such magic when you play. You must know that?"

"That piano in there," he said, pointing to the Bösendorfer, "is magic, Mom."

"Then take it!"

"What? No way, Mom. That's yours..."

"I can no longer play, Harald. When I left, well, everything left me. I cannot even remember the notes now, and even the simplest chords are beyond me..."

Harry laughed a little, then shook his head. "I can't begin to imagine that that is even remotely true. Come on, let's go..."

"No, Harald, I can't."

"Mom, when you sat with me the night before I could feel it in you. The music is still all there, just waiting to come out again, right where you left it..."

"No..."

But Harry stood and held out his hand, and she took it, and in that moment one of the greatest transformations in the history of music took place...

...but let's not get ahead of our little story, okay?