The Emperor and the Temple Ch. 16

Story Info
Artur and Javi go home.
2.7k words
4.74
1.7k
00

Part 17 of the 24 part series

Updated 02/15/2024
Created 11/26/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

That night in Cana, after giving instructions to his captains, Artur went to seek out Lady Bashara in her tent, erected on the lawn in front of Osta's palace. She bade him enter, after he shouted his greeting from outside. He found her seated in front of a mirror, already dressed for bed in a flowing low-cut robe, with the boy Semil standing naked behind her, lovingly brushing her long hair.

"I am sorry, Lady Bashara, perhaps we should talk in the morning," said Artur.

"Nonsense Artur! Now is the perfect time. Ah, I see my boy discomforts you. Semil, get dressed!"

She reached into a small purse on the table beside her and took out a penny which she gave to the boy.

"Go see the Helenes by the fountain! Give them this and they will feed you. Take your time Semil, do not come rushing back and disturb Artur and I!"

Semil hesitated for a moment, fixing Artur with a resentful gaze.

"Go Semil!" said his mistress, a little more sharply, and he scurried out of the tent leaving them alone together. She turned to face Artur and her gown slipped softly open across her crossed thighs; tanned, shapely and smooth. For the first time, in the flickering candlelight, Artur saw that Beshara was a beautiful woman albeit in her middle years. And he recalled that men of his legion often spoke of how, in her younger days, she had been courted by the Kings of many neighbouring realms. But the Emperor had conquered them all in due course, never needing to marry off his beloved sister.

"I believe that boy loves you Lady Bashara," said Artur.

She laughed, "Of course! He is a boy of Ahirik! A good boy! He loves, fears and obeys his Mistress as he should, and he will never break his conditioning."

"And yet my brother Javi seems happy enough to be away from Kailyn," replied Artur provocatively.

"Ah yes, an interesting case," she replied. "Of course, Kailyn's approach to ownership was far from perfect, a failing that I know she will rectify in the future. Even so, I would like to get Javi back to Ahirik for appraisal. The Head Mistress is keen to learn from any outcomes that are less than perfect. She constantly refines her methods."

"You will never have Javi again, Beshara."

"We will see Artur. Events have a habit of turning out in ways we least expect. Perhaps you will disappoint the Emperor, and accompany your brother to Ahirik. Siblings! I do not think we have had any before. And your novelty value will ensure you fetch a high price when sold as a pair to a wealthy and deserving lady. Or perhaps I shall keep you for my own pleasure. But Artur, why do we always argue and spar with each other when we talk? I would like us to be friends, and what is the harm in that? Come, sit by me on the chair here."

She moved sideways to make space, and Artur nestled in beside her, sensing an arm move around him, its hand gently caressing his neck and shoulders, while the other rested on his thigh. She kissed his cheek tenderly and he became aware of a heavy, exotic, intoxicating scent from her hair. How long had it been since he had enjoyed the company of a woman? After Teshka there had been a tavern girl in Ephirum, and then the comely seamstress who sewed his uniform and finally, the night before he sailed, the beautiful aristocratic wife of Lord Ibrahim, leader of the Eagle Legion, had come to his room - an unexpected illicit thrill. But since then many days had passed as he prepared his men for the coming campaign and sailed the long voyage from Ephirum to Cana.

Artur turned to Beshara and kissed her fully on the lips, placing a hand behind her head to provide purchase. The other he slipped between her legs at the knee, tracing it up her inner thigh. She shivered in excitement but broke her lips away and slapped her hand down on his before it could complete its course.

"Oh Artur! You please me! But first let us talk of the campaign ahead, and then we will be free to enjoy ourselves. Look, I have found a map showing the route to Casbur. The towns here, here and here are of a good size. We will be able to take slaves and transport them directly back to Cana where ships will be waiting."

Her hand drifted to his sex, gripping it through his clothing, checking his arousal. To her delight, she found him full and hard and, with the smallest movement of her fingers, she caused him to sigh out her name as he pressed his lips to her neck.

"It is settled then." she said. "Let us move to my bed!"

"It is not the shortest route," said Artur, moving his kisses to her bosom. "We must go by the Road of Lakes."

"Artur, what difference will a day or two make? Do not be so silly! And slow down! I want to be pleasured, not devoured!"

With a deep sigh Artur raised himself from her.

"Lady Beshara, you do not command the legions. We will go by the Road of Lakes and, furthermore, slaves are only to be taken from communities that resist us. This is the way of the Empire, is it not? Those that submit are under our protection. Now, may we continue?"

She gazed at him in fury, "No we may not! I am disappointed in you, Artur. This could have been an enjoyable adventure for both of us, but instead you choose to defy me at every opportunity. I was half joking before, Artur, but now I make it a promise; you will one day be my slave and I will then take as much pleasure from you as I choose and you will indeed suffer for me as much as I choose. Now get out of my tent!"

She stood and straightened her gown before raising an arm to point at the doorway.

Artur, rose, tipped his hat to her and left the tent.

****

The following morning the legions bound for Casbur formed up on the road leading north, Falcons to the fore, their crimson banners waving in the breeze. Three thousand Helenes formed the column's centre, followed by Beshara's slavers with their carts, and Nadam's artillery pieces, drawn by eight horses each. One cannon in particular stood out; a huge piece as long as three men, intended to breach the walls of any great citadel. At the rear stood the Foreign Legion with Artur mounted on horseback at its head. But as soon as the order had been given to march, he turned and trotted down the ranks of his men, leading a riderless steed and seeking his brother. He found him near the rear of the column, walking with Han.

"Javi, there is an errand we must run, take this mount and come with me!"

As they rode away from the column Javi enquired as to their purpose.

"We go home, Javi. It is but two hours ride from here. Let us go and see our mother, make our peace with her, see that she is safe, and help her if she needs it. We will be back with the Legion by nightfall."

"I am not sure we will be well received, Artur."

"You will be, Javi. Mother blamed me for subverting you, turning you from the path of the Goddess, dragging you from your intended mistress. She likely bears you no ill will. Her anger is no doubt reserved for me."

"I have no regrets, Artur," said Javi.

"Are you sure? If you had stayed here you would never have been enslaved and taken to Magara."

"We can never know what might transpire, Artur. Perhaps it would have been worse here. Anyway, I hope you do not blame yourself."

"I will try not to Javi," laughed Artur. "Besides, the experience has improved you! Tell me, how is Han taking to his new found freedom?"

"Not well, Artur. He misses his Mistress and wishes only to be returned to her."

"What?" replied Artur, incredulously.

"Yes Artur. It is hard to explain. Do you remember when Kailyn came to me at the dockside that day? A part of me wanted only to fall at her feet, beg her forgiveness, submit to punishment at her hand, but be close to her again. To know her scent, to hear her voice in my ear, to feel her hands upon my body. The shock of defying her was so great I could barely stand, and I did not cease trembling until the next morning."

"I see. And Ahirik did this to you?"

"I think so. Now, of course, I can see what an evil place it is. There is no love there, Artur, just a brutal determination to break and condition men in the pursuit of profit. I think I knew that even then, but still I cried real tears when I was taken from my Training Mistress. And now, even if I lie with a simple tavern girl, I imagine that she is my owner and I must serve her; only then do I become aroused and fulfilled through our bodily union. But my condition does improve, Artur, with time."

"I am glad to hear it, Javi."

They rode a familiar trail from Cana to the estate of Lady Cillah, but when they reached the gates they halted in dismay at the scenes before them. The Eagle Legion was camped on the grass before the great house. Everywhere there were tents and open fires, horses and canon, latrines dug into the lawns, and men practising combat. The brothers rode through the chaos, up the wide lane to the door of the great house, where a sergeant at arms, seeing they were men of the south, barked at them to dismount and threatened them with flogging for their insolence. Only when he came closer and Artur turned to him, revealing the Emperor's emblem on his chest and the badges of rank on his shoulders, did the man cease his curses and threats, apologising and asking how he could be of service. Artur gave him the reins of the horses to hold.

"It is Lord Artur, hero of Teshka!" said a voice from a small group that had gathered near the door to watch. Artur entered the house, pulling Javi with him. Inside, everything was broken; from the statues at the foot of the staircase, to the portraits that once lined the hall, now lying ripped and trodden, their frames broken. The shards of two great vases crunched beneath their feet as they moved. In the dining room they found a group of Eagle captains, clustered around a map.

"Where is Lord Ibrahim?" demanded Artur.

"With the Emperor," replied one of the men. The others lowered their eyes, sensing Artur's anger.

"And your men did this?" said Artur, gesturing at the hall behind him.

"Yes. What of it?" replied the captain insolently.

"The Lady of this house; where is she?"

"The house was empty when we arrived, Lord Artur," said another of the captains, more respectful than the first.

They left the men in the dining room and climbed the staircase, looking into each room - Hanja's, Javi's and Artur's childhood bedchambers - and seeing in turn that each had been looted of all valuables, and much of what remained deliberately broken or defaced. In their mother's room, they found a half naked captain of the Eagles fast asleep in the bed. Artur kicked him awake and he rose cursing and reaching for his sword, until he saw the personage before him and scrambled from the room, stopping only to grab his clothes.

"Well Javi, clearly she is not here," said Artur, and they were about to leave when the ceiling above them creaked and they both looked up.

"Artur, this house was never given to movement," said Javi.

Artur put his finger to his lips and whispered, "There may be something or someone above us, Javi."

There was a small hatch in the ceiling outside the room, intended to provide access to the attic above, and now Artur indicated that Javi should let him sit upon his shoulders so that it could be reached. Arms above his head, he opened the hatch, lifting his upper body through to look around.

"What do you see, Artur?"

"Nothing, it is too dark....oh, wait!"

And then Artur backed quickly out of the hatch and Javi let him down to the floor as a pair of feet appeared above them, followed by legs, and finally a full body dropped to the floor beside them. The brother's recognised him instantly as Kal, one of their mother's boys.

"Kal! What has been going on here? Where is our mother?"

Kal began to tell them his story, but they quickly became confused and had him sit on Lady Cillah's bed and calm himself.

"Start at the beginning Kal!" said Artur. "First of all, who is the 'new boy' that you speak of?"

"Your sister, Priestess Hanja; she came here some moons ago with a temple boy and a stranger. The stranger was in a bad way and needed help. He was terribly injured."

"Beaten?"

"No. I am not sure. I think perhaps he had been tortured. But Lady Cillah sent for her physician and he was nursed back to health. Hanja....sorry, Priestess Hanja and her temple boy did not stay long, but they left the stranger with us and he recovered and Lady Cillah kept him. We would serve her together in this bedchamber.'

Kal blushed, aware that he was talking of their mother.

"So he was a slave?" asked Javi.

"No, not at first. He once told me he was a warrior. A sea captain, or even something greater. But Hanja left your mother with some kind of suf herb that she would have us mix into his food. I cannot explain, but I think it made him love her. I do not know. Anyway, your mother liked the stranger and kept him as a boy, with the rest of us. He was devoted to her and had no wish to leave."

"So where are they all now?"

"About two moons ago some men came and took your mother and the new boy. She did not wish to go with them but they carried a letter from your sister and once she read it she relented. It was a strange thing, Artur. Half the men bore the symbol of the Goddess on their armour. The others were Sons of The North. I swear!"

Javi and Artur looked at each other.

"My Mistress told me she would be back soon, and for a while I simply kept the house with the other boys. Just as if she were still here. And then, two days ago, those men downstairs started to arrive. The other boys ran, but I was trapped in the house. So I hid up there, until I heard your voices just now."

The brothers took some time to digest this news.

"So, our mother is likely in the City of The Goddess, or perhaps even in Vosgir?" said Javi.

Artur nodded and spoke again to Kal, "Well, what is to be done with you? You cannot stay here. And a lone boy wandering the countryside is likely to be picked up and shipped to slavery in the east. You must come with us, that much is clear. Have you ever wanted to be a warrior in a great legion Kal? No? Well, come with us anyway and we will find somewhere safe to leave you as we travel north. And we will get you fed; you must be hungry."

They left the house and their mother's estate, Kal riding with Javi on his horse. And the men of the Eagle Legion stared in disbelief to see three of them leave, when only two had arrived.

As they rode, Artur asked Kal if the mysterious new boy had a name.

"Kamhet. His name was Kamhet. Artur, Javi, why do you stare at me as if you had seen a ghost?"