The Fallen Queen of Eden Ch. 20

Story Info
The End?
5.3k words
4.75
3.1k
4

Part 20 of the 20 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/08/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Ohzee44
Ohzee44
142 Followers

When the Preacher-man's body was discovered, the entire country went into an uproar. Lilith made sure that copies of his confession along with the video of him killing Millie went to every media outlet she could find, small or large. She even posted it on every social media site, ensuring that anyone who wanted to could see who Levi Sethos really was. Suddenly every celebrity who had once called him a friend wanted to distance themselves and pretend that they had hardly known the man. Every news agency went on the air with stories of shock and disappointment while making sure to paint themselves as having always been suspicious of his pious veneer. Politicians used the opportunity to push whatever agenda was at the top of their list while carefully trying to rewrite the public's memory. Nothing was more important than erasing any evidence of friendship, handshakes, hugs, and political support.

The first story that the public and every media outlet wanted was Jeza's. They were clamouring to hear from the shocked, grieving widow who had found her husband dead from suicide. Not only that, but all of her financial assets were frozen, her 'friends' had rejected her and now she was facing a myriad of legal charges such as fraud and embezzlement. Even her one lover Ty suddenly had no time for her, although he had plenty to give for exclusive interviews. He painted a picture of himself as a poor trainer struggling to make ends meet and the powerful older woman taking full advantage of his plight.

Former mistresses of Levi Sethos also came flocking out of the woodwork. Their stories were carbon copies of Ty's, although the professions were different. None of them were willing to discuss the many gifts they had accepted or the cash, cars, or even apartments. All that was important was that different news outlets were willing to pay for their narratives and victimization was extremely popular. Reporters were also on scene when Adam Benoni pled guilty to 'breaking and entering with intent'. The only thing he said to the press was that he was getting real help with his addiction and was grateful that a 'friend' had sent him a Pastor named Michael Eilish to visit him in jail.

Of course the media analyzed and dissected everything they could about the confession. One thing that was of great interest was the meaning of the Preacher-man's final words. They were hastily scrawled at the bottom of his confession and recognized as a quote from Dante Alighieri, but every news agency had a different take on its meaning. The words were: 'Hope not ever to see Heaven. I have come to lead you to the other shore; into eternal darkness; into fire and into ice'. Lilith had understood its meaning. For a moment Levi had understood the final cost of his actions even if he did go into denial and tell himself that Heaven was awaiting him as he buried the knife in his own chest. It was a warning to others of the fate which awaited them if they followed his path. Every news channel, magazine and newspaper believed it was proof that he was mentally ill, probably suffering from depression. Others had a similar view but attributed it to a physical ailment such as a tumor pressing on the man's brain. Still others assumed it was just another way that Levi Sethos was grandstanding and seeking out attention even after death. Some agencies never mentioned it at all.

Ultimately there were only two stories the press couldn't seem to get and that was Lilith's and Eli's. Levi Sethos had only referred to the demoness as L-- in his confession leaving it deliberately ambiguous, but the salacious details were the stuff of ratings gold. Every newspaper and media outlet wanted to be the one to discover who L-- was. They went so far as to hire private investigators, but could find nothing. The only one who could shed light on the mystery was Elijah Asher and he wanted nothing to do with reporters, newspapers, magazines or news programs of any kind. He wanted to be left alone, but that seemed an impossibility... at least until the tires arrived.

Elijah had never imagined coming home to such a surprise. His bike and his dream trip to New Orleans had been the last things on his mind after everything that had happened. He had been working all evening welding inside a tank and enjoying the solitude. It was the only place he felt that no one would bother him. Even the bosses, from his direct supervisor on up, wanted to keep him happy. With the Preacher-man's confession, the backdoor deal to help Rawley's get the historical church in exchange for harassing Eli had come to light. No one at the company wanted him to talk to the press. This made him golden and untouchable so long as he remained in the position he currently had. Had he accepted any promotions or job changes, he knew they would sabotage him in a heartbeat just to get him out of there. Fortunately Eli knew their games and had no intention of moving anywhere.

A week after the Preacher-man's death he came home from work to discover two motorcycle tires sitting inside his living room along with an envelope that contained thirty grand and a note. Unfolding the paper his soft blue gaze fell upon handwriting that he had never seen before. The penmanship looked like something from an old eighteenth or nineteenth century document. All it said was 'Build your dreams and seek your adventure, Eṉ itayam.' This had to be a cruel joke because no one called him that name except Lilith and she was dead... or at least... well... was she?

Desperately needing to get away from everything, Eli put in for his vacation, along with Wynne, then putting the new tires on his bike the two friends took off for New Orleans, Bourbon Street and the French Quarter. Originally the trip had been intended to include Kaleb, but no one had been able to get hold of him. It was as though he had dropped completely off the face of the Earth. The assumption was that he was lying low, afraid to face his friends or anyone after being named in the Preacher-man's confession as an accomplice.

Once the two men were on the road everything seemed like it was back to normal. The two guys visited bars and listened to some of the hottest jazz and blues while drinking some of the finest bourbon and spirits available. They walked down streets admiring the amazing architecture. There were the Creole townhouses with their Spanish influence on style, arched windows and wrought iron railings. Narrow brightly painted shotgun houses, Creole cottages and more. There was history to be found on every corner they walked. Yes, a vacation was exactly what Eli needed. He seemed like his old self again and while nothing erased his time with Lilith, or her loss, it felt good to laugh and have fun again.

Walking down one road, the two friends were reminiscing about the bar they had visited the night before and were paying no attention to the shops they passed. As they approached one little boutique a woman stepped out and stood directly in their path. She was quite beautiful with flawless dark skin and piercing black eyes. Her figure was ideal with just the right amount of femanine curves to bring out her soft, slim, and toned body. She was dressed in a long red cotton sundress that was decorated with white flowers that accentuated her long legs and only added to her allure. On her head she wore an African wrap that matched her dress as well as exquisite jewelry made of semi precious stones that seemed to exude a power of their own. Looking at her brought to mind the images of powerful African Goddesses and no doubt she was one.

"Your woman is not dead," she said, her eyes staring into Eli's with intensity.

"Excuse me?" he asked. His first thought was that she was some make-believe psychic trying to cold read him and drum up business. "I'm not interested in any fortune telling."

"I am no fortune teller, but I see an aura about you. You are of holy descent and your light has pierced the heart of the dark queen."

"I don't know what you're talking about." Eli started to walk away, but she stopped him and placed her hand on his heart.

"You will never be free of her and she will never be free of you," she continued. Eli started to remove her hand, but she raised her other and extended her finger in a warning. "You should be careful though, for you are a marked man. Unseen eyes are watching you and Hell's master will never allow his kingdom to be divided." Elijah knew she was referring to Lilith, but all of that was over, finished. He wanted to go back to a normal life and meet a nice ordinary and stable woman. No more demons, devils, angels, or gods. "Embrace your bloodline. It is what makes you different and it will empower you."

"You've got the wrong guy, lady. I'm nobody."

"We shall see." she smiled knowingly. "Mr. nobody." Tired of the subject, Eli moved past the woman and continued down the sidewalk.

"What the hell was that all about?" Wynne asked.

"I have no idea." Elijah answered. It was a lie of course, he knew enough, but the stuff about bloodlines and Hell's master was all just mumbo jumbo. He had endured enough of Gods and monsters to last a lifetime. He couldn't bear to think about it anymore. He couldn't let himself think about it. Wanting a distraction, they ducked into a little trinket shop and browsed the souvenirs, buying a couple of t-shirts. The diversion worked but it was still a full hour before the cloud left by what the strange woman had said finally dissipated.

Once their moods had improved the two friends left the French Quarter and drove to one of the many above ground cemeteries that were famous in New Orleans. Walking among the many tombs they were impressed with how varied the sepulchers were. Some were elaborate while others were quite simple. The oldest ones were the most interesting. These aged and crumbling graves were the tombs of people who lived during a time when the city was being volleyed between the Spanish and the French. They had seen pirates and witnessed the battle won by Jackson and Lafitte.

One mausoleum caught Eli's eye and made him shake his head in sadness. It was old and it's style was that of Greek revival with its columns in the front and triangular pediment. He had no idea what person or family it had belonged to because the stone that had sealed the entrance was gone. The inside was empty with nothing but a few crumbling bricks laying on the otherwise bare floor. A section of rusted fencing lay propped against the exterior wall, but whether it had ever belonged to this particular grave was hard to say. Eli shook his head sadly, amazed at how disrespectful people could be. He hoped that whomever had been laid to rest here had been reinterred rather than stolen or destroyed.

Elijah started to take a step towards the next tomb only to stop as something caught his attention. Sitting on the roof of the empty mausoleum was an owl. At first he was inclined to dismiss it but there was something about it he couldn't shake. First, it was very odd to see such a bird in the daylight as they are naturally nocturnal. The second thing that stood out was its feathers. Everything about its markings was correct for a Great Horned Owl, but there was also this strange shimmering iridescence to them that made it seem as though it were from another world. Lastly, its eyes were not like those of a typical owl. The shape, iris and pupils were correct, but the color was not the normal bright orange/yellow that they should have been. This bird's eyes were a vibrant jade green that almost seemed to glow.

A suspicion went through him that the creature watching him was something more than a bird. He had the strangest feeling that it was Lilith and even found himself mouthing her name as he stared at the owl. He stepped towards the animal and wondered if it would allow him to reach out and touch it if he tried. For a moment he stretched out his hand to test his theory only to stop and shake his head. This was ridiculous. It was just a bird, nothing else. Lilith was gone and he needed to learn to accept that, but how could he when he had so many doubts and questions.

"I am not like you!" she had told him. "I am the demon Lilit also called līlītu." At the time he had believed it was simply a fantasy or a delusion. Now all Eli could do was shake his head and wonder. Looking at the animal, he decided it was best to just dismiss it as nothing more than that and move on.

Unfortunately for Eli, moving on was proving more and more difficult. That night he was awakened by the phone in his hotel room ringing. This was strange since anyone who knew him, knew his cell phone number. At first he assumed it was a wrong number and ignored it, but then it started ringing again. This time he answered, ready to tell whoever it was that they were mistaken, but what he heard when he placed the receiver to his ear turned his blood cold. The voice on the other end sounded like they were far away. In the background he could make out the wind whipping around at a gale force making it even harder to understand the speaker.

The caller kept saying Eli's name, and at first he couldn't figure out who it was, then suddenly he realized it was Kaleb. His friend was pleading for forgiveness and his voice sounded as though he were in agony. He begged Elijah to help him and said that he was trapped in Hell consigned to a frozen wasteland and couldn't get out. He went on to say he was sorry he had betrayed him and was desperate for help. He could hear his friend crying and begging on the other end of the line but he couldn't speak. He wanted to believe that it was a hoax, but something way deep down in his core told him it wasn't. His friend was in Hell and there was no way he could possibly save him. He closed his eyes, squeezing the lids together as tightly as he could in hopes of shutting out the horror of what he was hearing.

"I forgive you." he whispered, hoping to ease his friend's suffering. Instantly the phone went dead and all he heard was the dial tone. He sat there a moment wondering if his words had done any good or if his friend was still being tormented in Hell. It was a question he would never know the answer to. Slowly he hung up the phone, but was unable to sleep the rest of the night.

The next day Eli and Wynne decided to visit one of the old historic churches that filled New Orleans. There were several that interested the two men, but St. Louis Cathedral topped their list and they were not disappointed. Upon entering both men were immediately awed by the incredible architecture and artistry that surrounded them. Sitting down in one of the pews Eli looked at the various murals that covered the ceiling and walls. The image of the resurrected Christ meeting his disciples seemed like the typical imagery one would find in a church, but for the first time it seemed far more meaningful to him.

The mural brought to mind the reality of Heaven and Hell and with it Kaleb's horrific pleas from the night before. It was a truth that weighed heavily on him now after everything he had heard and seen. He had not told Wynne about the call, nor would he. How could he possibly explain it? Being in such a holy place also once more brought to mind Lilith and all the things she had said, chilling him to the core. He didn't want to think about what it could mean, yet he could no longer deny what she had said. She was a demon and he had no choice but to believe it. There was so much he didn't understand and couldn't mentally process.

Wynne sat down next to him unaware of the turmoil his friend was going through, or perhaps he was and simply wanted to cheer him up. He pointed to the elegant stained glass windows that depicted the life of St. Louis then laughed, commenting that the man must have had quite an ego. Eli looked up at the windows and a smile turned the corners of his mouth deep enough that they were visible beneath his blond beard.

"Well, you don't expect a church to be all about God, do you?" The two laughed for a moment, then Elijah leaned back and stared at the altar on the other side of the room. "Do you think it's possible for demons to walk among us and look like one of us?"

"Where the Hell did that come from?" Wynne exclaimed. The question seemed like an odd turn for their conversation. He couldn't recall his friend ever waxing philosophical before.

"Never mind... just a thought," Elijah quickly responded, brushing it off as nothing. "How about we get some lunch?"

"Sounds good."

They walked a few blocks from the cathedral to a restaurant known for its po-boy sandwiches. Always adventurous Eli ordered the alligator sausage po-boy while Wynne got himself the crawfish one. The two laughed and played their favorite game of people watching while they waited for their food which didn't take too long. The waitress was sitting the plates down on the table when Wynne's phone suddenly chimed letting him know he had a text message. He glanced down at the screen and smiled then looked back at Eli.

"When we get back I'm fixing you up with a friend of mine. You've met Lisa before, but it's been a while. She has sparkling blue eyes, the finest smile in Springfield and is the best cook around. If you leave her house hungry, you screwed up," Wynne commented. Normally he was staunchly against fixing up one of his friends because he hated it when anyone did it to him. The dates never went well and he usually figured out within minutes why his date was single. The crazy just started to creep out no matter how hard they tried to hide it. The only reason he decided to break his rule was because he wanted to help his friend move on from everything that had happened.

"If she's so incredible, why aren't you dating her?" Eli asked before taking a big bite of his food.

"I got stuck in the friend zone a long time ago," he answered. "We're more like brother and sister." It was true and there was no reason to deny it. Lisa Brown had grown up in the same neighborhood as Wynne and they had been friends since they were toddlers. There had never been anything romantic between them, but they did have a friendship that was so close that they readily would kick someone's ass if either of them got hurt. Wynne's description was spot on when it came to Lisa. She was pretty, with fine gentle blue eyes and he was sure that she could make Eli forget Lilith and stop hiding away in his house. She was also smart with a great sense of humor, sensible but didn't mind a bit of outrageous fun and spontaneity.

If Eli were honest he wanted to get to know Lisa a little better. He had briefly met her once or twice and always liked her. She was the kind of girl he had always looked for. Part of him was very tempted to take Wynne up on his offer to set him up. Another part couldn't ignore the feelings he still had for Lili. It wasn't that he wasn't afraid of who or what she might really be, but he also remembered how Lilith was when she was with him. The memory of the woman he had known was difficult to gel with what he imagined a demon to be.

Seeing his friend starting to get a little distant and melancholy, Wynne decided to lighten the mood a bit as only a best friend could. Perhaps it was a little inappropriate, but he knew Eli would take it good naturedly in the spirit it was intended. Of course, after spending that one evening with Lilith at Momo's, he couldn't help being curious even if he knew it was none of his business.

"Tell me something, just between us." Wynne said, taking a drink of his soda pop then leaning forward conspiratorially. "When Lilith was staying with you, did you ever..." Here he smiled and almost blushed at his question. "Did you ever get to fuck her?"

"Yeah," Eli answered, a slight smile curling his lips and a ripple of laughter escaping his mouth even as a hint of redness spread across his face. He had never planned for her to share his bed, but now it felt strangely empty without her there. Sometimes he would hold the pillow she had used, close his eyes and breathe in hoping to catch a hint of her perfume. Until now, he had never paid much attention to the fragrances worn by men or women but he was sure there was a hint of that bold spicy, fruity, and amber blend with its notes of warmed honey and musk imprinted on the fabric.

Ohzee44
Ohzee44
142 Followers
12