The Flin Wars Ch. 12

Story Info
Space meets the oldest profession, War.
9.2k words
4.63
2.2k
7

Part 13 of the 16 part series

Updated 01/29/2024
Created 01/16/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Here I bring you the next installment of my story line and I do hope that those of you who read this enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed writing it. As always, I am solely responsible for its content and any resemblance to any person living or dead is purely coincidental.

I will have some BDSM and anal sex in this one, so if that's not your glass of whisky go read something else. If you do like what you read, please remember to vote and don't be shy, leave a comment. Please be respectful and if possible don't forget to like and follow me too. Thank you.

Someone reminded me that the military seems to love acronyms and saying, and that in truth the militaries of the world are run by those who say they care, but really don't. So, here's a few from my time in the funny farm.

'We the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the imposable for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, that we are now qualified to do practically anything, with virtually nothing at all.'

SNAFU, FUBAR & BOHICA - These 3 are pretty much stock and trade for any military. Situation normal, all fucked up. Fucked up beyond all repair. Bend over, here it comes again.

POC/PIC - Point of contact/ Person in charge, the poor sap who gets to do all the dirty work that the higher ups don't want to really do.

"A" School/MOS - After Boot camp nearly everyone goes to an Advanced or "A" school to learn the trade they signed up for. About the only Rating that I know of that doesn't is Boatswain Mates (BM) in the Navy, It's the only pure hands on learn it as you do it rating that I know of.

Buy the farm - This saying was popular during the 1800s when a soldier would serve his time and then buy a farm to have their piece if the American dream. If they were killed during service they generally were buried, were they fell, thus they had bought their farm, the hard way.

The whole 9 yards - This was popular during WW2 when American Fighter Aircraft carried the.50 Cal BMG in their wings, most carried 6, the P-47 Thunderbolt was armed with 8 and the P-38 Lightning had 4 in the nose of the AC plus a 20mm Cannon. The F4F Wildcats carried 4 but later models carried 6. Each gun had an ammo load that measured around 27 feet or 9 yards. If you shot every round of ammo, you had given them the whole 9 yards. Modern jet AC carry a 20mm rotary cannon and around 550-850+ rounds of ammo in a drum, but the saying is still used by pilots.

3S - This is widely known by those of us who have had to rush into a dress uniform out of a work one, and you're filthy dirty. Shit, Shower, Shave and Shine, yes, I do know there are 4 S's, but it's still called 3S by the powers that be. Don't ask me why I don't know, but for anyone that's done this you know that rapid fire pit stop change over that can only be accomplished then you need to be on post in 15 minutes.

Date: 231010.05

Time: 0538.58

Location: Gliese 163, Gamma jump point 7

I checked my location and time for what seemed like the umpteenth million time. I felt like some teen high school kid going on his first date, not a hot shot fighter pilot. I knew I was early, but I also knew that traveling through Hyperspace is not an exact science and if your naviguesser or AI was off on their calculations you could be screwed. 5 days ago, I had received a coded E-mail from Lori giving me time and location for her pickup. I had been up very early to preflight Sam, check the weather and arrange all the other things that went into a simple rendezvous between 2 ships in space.

At 0543.22 the R.E. OLDS popped back into real space nearly right where they said they would. Most supply ships have fairly good navigators and their A.I.s can put them right on the money nearly every time they jump. Still, I tend to stay out of the way. I powered up and made for her looking at my nav screen I could see that it would take me nearly 20 minutes to be in position for pick up. Long ago I had learned you do not want to be in front of a 2.3-million-ton Freighter just dropping in out of warp. 'Stone 52, Castle 02 with you for personnel pick up over.' I called out. 'Castle 02, Stone 52, good morning, sir. You are cleared to Bay 3, starboard side, be advised you will be meet by ground crew and are cleared to shut down over.' They replied. '52, 02. Roger Bay 3 and a shutdown thank you, coming in on your 135 radial.' I told them and continued my approach.

17 minutes later I was finally in position as the bay doors opened off my left wing. '52, 02 in position and ready for tractor over.' I said and held my position. '02, Tractor control stand by.' They replied and I felt them grab me. '02, TC we have capture, bringing you in over.' They told me and I watched the nose slip inside as Sam cut the engines back to idle. I popped the landing gear and kept my head on a swivel. If anything happened to Sam, it would be my fault seeing how I'm the idiot in the front seat. They sat me down and I could see the bay doors closing as I placed many of Sam's major systems into standby mode. They placed the maintenance ladder against Sam's skin, and I popped open the canopies when she let me know it was safe.

Unhooking and reaching into the back seat I grabbed the bag containing the spare suit, helmet and safety gear she would need to wear to ride in Sam. On reaching the deck several of the ground crew shook my hand or slapped my shoulder and asked after Karen and Flower, I let them know both were well and showed a few pictures I had on my comp unit. I had to laugh at myself because I had become the person, I swore I'd never become; I'd become a parent. I checked their tie down job, and they hooked Sam up to the ships power and topped her fuel off. You can never have too much fuel in space and there are no such things as a negative number when you're flying.

Stepping into the passageway I found Lori doing a last-minute chat with her XO as I popped my helmet off. 'Hey baby.' I said to Lori as she leaned over and kissed me.

She hugged me. 'Hey mister pilot man, got room in your wild flying machine for me.' She whispered in my ear. 'I heard that Ms. Lori.' Sam said and grumped a little. 'Sorry Sam.' Lari said as I shook her XO's hand. 'John, good to see ya again.' He said. 'Doc how they hanging?' I asked as he laughed. 'Oh, you know, one lower than the other,' He laughed back. I held out the bag and smiled. 'Brought a spare suit with me.' I told her and opened the bag up and began laying the suit out.

'Lori, look I got this okay.' Doc said. 'I have all the info for the out bound trip and as soon as I get the inbound manifest, I'll send it to you.' She looked around and smiled. 'I'm sorry Doc, I just haven't been off the old girl in almost 3 years for a real vacation.' Lori said and I began helping her into her suit.

'Go woman, get off this tub, get your oil changed and your plugs cleaned, Breath fresh air and unrecycled anything.' Doc said. 'If there's a major problem we'll send you an E-amil and I'm fairly sure John here can get you into a comms center fairly quickly if needed. Hell, woman go lay on the beach and work on your tan just have some fun.' Doc said and I wiggled my eyebrows at him. We both laughed and I finished suiting Lori up and checking her over. I listened to her, and Doc share a few more words. 'Babe, we need to go.' I said and picked up her bags and started walking into the hanger bay. I opened the transport pod under Sam's left wing that I'd had Billy and Cindy mount, and placed both bags in then carefully shut and secured the door. She walked up behind me, and I led her up the ladder and placed her in the back seat, I belted her in and armed her seat then showed her the nobs, levers, and buttons that she needed to concern herself with and what they did.

I hopped into the front seat and the crew chief helped me belt in and then checked Lori yet again and closed her canopy. Lori put her helmet on and checked in with me as I checked Sam's systems over. 'Ground, 02 ready to fire APUs and Mains.' I said and saw the chief look around one last time. '02, Ground, bay is clear, vents are open, you are clear to fire APUs and Mains at your discretion sir.' He replied. I mashed the starter buttons and felt Sam shutter as the instrument panel came to life and I waited for the gauges to even out in the green zone. I gave him the sign to pull all chocks, chains, pins and hoses.

'Bridge, 02, ready for lift and launch over.' I called out starting the ritual to get back out in space. '02, Bridge, roger that standby.' they replied as I finished checking everything over. I felt Sam shutter as they hooked the tractor beam to Sam. '02, Tractor control ready for lift.' They said. 'TC, Director 3, 02 clear of all chocks, chains, pins, hoses and cables.' the crew chief said. '02, green board ready for lift and launch.' I said and felt Sam lift off the deck. 'My mains are clear John, and we have positive pressure in the ship.' Sam told me and I retracted the gear. We were moved to the open door, and I kept my head on a swivel yet again.

'02, TC you are black sky.' They told me as Sam advanced the throttles to keep us stationary with the Olds. 'Tractor clear John.' Sam told me and I pushed the throttles forward, Lori waved as we went past the bridge and powered out to our jump point. 'Oh, wow John, I can see now why you like fighters so much. The view is spectacular even from back here.' She said and was bouncing around like a new chick on her first flight. I just smiled. 'Well baby if you like this view, you'll love what comes next.' I said and initiated the jump sequence. 'Jump in 3,2,1, jump.' I said and for the next 32 seconds the world turned inside out.

We popped back into real space, and I started making my calls. 'Orbital Control, Castle 02 with you on primary, single ship, requesting priority Trajectory and Insertion over.' I said. The response was nearly immediate. 'Castle 02, Orbital Control, Good morning, Sir, please squawk 5491 and ident, over.' They said and I brought up the correct code. 'Castle 02 radar contact, you are clear for priority T and I, take up heading 127 by 044 to the Amber marker and contact planetary control on D 16 apon reaching the Amber marker. Over.' They told me. I made the minute adjustments and answered them. '127/044 to the Amber PC on Delta 16, 02 Roger that and thank you Orbital.' I read back as Sam updated my Nav screen and

my new time on the ground now read 0827.40, 78 minutes from now.

I looked at the monitor that let us see each other and I could see she was still bouncing around looking out each side. It was one of the good things about flying a fighter, good visibility and plenty of time to think when you were out here. We spent some time talking about what we could do while she was here, I knew that Angala would be more than happy to take her, Karen and Flower out and about and I would be able to do things during the afternoon, evening and weekends. 'So, John what are you going to do with Karen and Flower when you have to deploy?' She asked and I had to think about that. 'Hell, I don't know, neither one can really take care of themselves. I'll have to set something up for them both, Hell I may have to call my mom up, she knows all about this crap. It's not like I could march into Legal and say, 'Excuse me, I need to set up a safety net for my slave and daughter who just might be the long-lost grandchild of Admiral Klingman.' It would open several cans of Glorian ground crawlers that I know several movers and shakers would rather not see the light of day, just yet. Though it may be nice to let her know she's a grandmother.' I said. Lori came unglued. 'WHAT! YOU HAVEN'T CALLED YOUR MOM YET?' She screamed at me. 'WHAT THE HELL IS THE MATTER WITH YOU JOHN.' She screamed at me and the auto dampers in my helmet kicked in to save my hearing. I flexed my jaw trying to relieve some of the pain. 'Easy there killer easy.' I said as I shook my head. 'Yes, I love my mom, but I haven't told her yet because I just know she'll be on the first thing smoking out here. And seeing how she owns her own personal Yacht; she could be there in under 4 days. I have enough headaches without her adding to them.' I could see Lori sitting there with her mouth open. 'If she shows up, I swear I'll grab the kids and head up to the Zepplin where I know she won't be allowed aboard.'

Lori sat there with her mouth hanging open staring at me, then started laughing her ass off as it was my turn to stare. 'I fail to see just exactly what so fucking funny Ms. giggle bones.' I growled out as she slumped in her seat. 'Oh John, this is just too funny.' Lori managed to gasp out between bouts of laughter. 'You're a highly decorated fighter pilot with 3 of the top 5 awards for bravery, including 2 of the top 3. Hell, you've led several high-risk missions and even as a marine you were decorated several times. And you're afraid of your mother, oh god John that is too funny.' I simply stared at her with a blank look on my face and growled at her which just caused her to giggle even more. 'I still fail to see what's so fucking funny woman.' I said. I just let her laugh, I had plans for her happy ass.

I passed the Amber marker and adjusted my descent speed. 'Planetary Control, Castle 02 with you at the amber marker at this time.' I said. 'Castle 02, Planetary Control, good morning, sir, squawk 4412, over. They replied. I switched over and looked at my event clock. I was little behind on time. 'Castle 02, Planetary control, radar contact, continue your reentry decent on the 127 radial, contact Castle Tower on Alpha at 60,000, state souls aboard over.' They told me. '127 through reentry, Castle Tower on Alpha at 60, 2 souls aboard, 02 roger that PC.' I read back and pushed on through. 9 minutes later I popped into blue sky and switched over to Tower control and just a few minutes later I passed through 60K and called them. The cleared me the rest of the way down and told me to land on 14R.

I touched down 2 minutes behind the time I had set, not bad but not the greatest either. I taxied up to my spot and Billy was waiting on us as he placed my usual platform against Sam and scrambled up before the engines had fully shut down. I opened the canopies as he waited to bump fists with me. 'Hey Boss man, I see you brought her in.' He said and went to unhook her. 'Ms. Lori, this wild man didn't spin or twist you around too much I see.' Lori gave him a quick hug. 'Hey Billy, good to see you again. My crew has finally stopped complaining about all the credits you took from them.' She told him as he smiled at her. 'I did warn them, but hey, they didn't listen. The Boss is about the only one who can take me in poker. Well, him and Master Chief Knuckles that is.' He told her and helped her stand up.

I looked back and saw him smiling his smooth smile. 'Okay Mr. Smooth operator, you've got yours, that one's mine so paws off bub.' I told him as I stepped out and took her hand from his. 'My place at 1100 and bring Cindy with you bub.' I told Billy as I helped Lori down the ladder. He nodded and hopped into my seat and started post flighting Sam. 'Cindy's getting ready right now and I even told asshole to be sure to show up Boss.' He said as I popped open the pod and pulled out her bags. The van showed up and hauled us to OPs. were we quickly changed, and I checked in to close out my flight plan. It was just 2 minutes before 0900.

The ride home took just 10 minutes, Lori was bouncing around in the back seat as we got closer to my place. Pulling into the drive Karen and Flower came pouring out of the door, both in night shirts that went to their knees. while I didn't mind the sight of both of them running around the house naked wasn't new to me, I drew the line at them running outside naked. I watched the 3 of them hug and bounce around some as I got her bags out of the front seat. 'Be sure to show up for the

open house.' I told my driver. 'No problem, Sir.' He replied as I closed the door and guided the 3 of them inside. They were talking a mile a minute and holding each other out at arm's length Karen dragged Lori into her room as I placed her bags in my room. Coming out Flower was letting Angala in who handed her a few items.

'Well Mr. Casa Nova, where is she?' She asked raising an eyebrow at me. I opened my mouth to answer as Karen drug Lori back in smiling from ear to ear, obviously Lori had given her high praise for her bedroom selection. 'Lori, Angala. Angala, Lori.' I said as the two of them shook hands and I went into the bedroom to change into comfier clothes. Coming back out I could see the 4 of them huddled together and just knew Lori and Angala had become the ringmasters to this little circus and I was going to be little more than a roustabout. for me the next 90+ minutes were a wild ride as I set up the rented tables and chairs for people to both sit at and to serve themselves from. Lori had gone all out with the staples for these kinds of parties, she had even hired someone to man the grill and do the cooking so that I could mix and mingle. Billy and Cindy had shown up early and lent their hands to help me get the final stuff out, just as Lori, Karen, Angala, and Flower all came outside in nice flowing sun dresses and sandals and started greeting the early arrivals. This allowed me to duck inside and do a quick 3S and change into the light shorts, shirt and sneakers, then stop at the door to the backyard, take one last deep breath and step into the lion's den.

I went around shaking hands and greeting those I hadn't meet yet, most of these were ground crew personal who don't normally get invited to these kinds of parties. I believe that your enlisted personnel are the very muscle of any command, and if you don't keep them happy and well taken care of, they won't go that extra mile for you when then really should. Between 1200 and 1300 the instructors and new chicks started coming in, for most of the new kids this was a new experience. For most of us we had been to several of these, and this was my 3rd having thrown 2 before, 1 as an XO and the other as a CO. The downside of being a high-ranking officer, is that the higher you go the more you have to seen and make connections.

Other young Officers from the "A" school and those who worked on base showed up to make their connection. I spent some time talking to the new pilots 1 on 1, or 2 on 1 depending on who it was. For them it was a chance to see the big bosses in a relaxed setting where they could speak freely. These things were generally uniform free and only those who would be going in duty shortly were allowed to show up in uniform, as squadron XO, I like Karl were never off duty, but we didn't stand a duty day watch so to speak.

The first of the big movers and shakers was LCDR. Brenda Stahl who was the XO for the maintenance "A" school which was close the west side if the field and the hangers in that area. Her husband, Keven, was a GS-13 and worked in the AI center on base. Her boss CDR. Stewart Jacks and his wife Anna showed up next and Karl was close behind them. The 4 of us went into my study and held a quick meeting, we agreed to a program where new Mechanics could study with trained POs and Chiefs to get the feeling for what life aboard a ship or other base would be like. Luck for us Knuckles had shown up and was brought in and agreed to be the POC for the trial program. Brenda and Stewart found out that Knuckles really didn't care what you wore and was always 100% honest. A knock at the door brought our little meeting to an end as Angala stuck her head in. 'John, they're here.' She said. I nodded and excused myself to go great the real mover and shaker on the base.

Coming out I stopped just before going outside and made sure my brain was in gear. Exiting I could see that he was talking with a small group of young JOs who normally wouldn't get to see the Admiral up close little lone speak with him when in uniform. Susan was speaking with Lori and Karen as I walked up and greeted her. She did the air kiss near my cheeks as we chatted for a few minutes. 'Lori and Karen were making sure I was taken care of John and I see that my husband has drawn the youngsters to him.' She told me as we walked over to them. Harry, come meet our host.' She called out as we neared. 'Admiral, thank you for coming.' I said. He shook my hand and smiled. 'Thanks for inviting us, Commander.' He said and Susan smacked his arm. 'I do happen to know the Commander quite well Honey, he's been checking me out on the new E/F version of the Warhammer.' He told her. 'He is a good student and a good pilot Ma'am.' I said. 'Oh John, please it's Susan.' She said and smacked his arm again. 'The boss has spoken.' He said.' I to shall call you John, and you may call me Sir.'