The FO Officer Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

That's when we all looked at each other. We didn't need Einstein to tell us we got the cold end of this shit stick.

JoJo took a breath and continued. "I know what you're thinking and Brownlow agrees with every one of you. But a few of the nations in that region are commonwealth countries and they are calling on the PM to do something, short of nuking the chalet I mean."

The smirk appeared next. "Ashley, you and Trapper are going by boat, they will drop you off a mile from the coast."

A couple of aerial pictures appeared and Ashley and I looked closely at them.

"We had a couple of surf boards brought in, you drop from the boat and maneuver yourselves to this point,"

The pictured showed a row of rocks just protruding from the water, a barely visible break between the ocean and the Cove where the chalet was located.

"You're going to be so low down you will not only slip in under radar but the human eye as well. The rest of us will take out his helicopter, remove his ability to use any form of transport he has in that garage and then go knocking on his door."

"Folks I phoned the PM on this. The human rights people want Sheringham in The Hague facing human right violations and multiple murder charges. The three letter agencies think that's a really bad idea. If he ever escapes our visit, then he will learn from his mistakes and make it damn near impossible to get to him. The surrounding countries know he would destabilize the area and nothing but bloodshed follows this guy. We are sanctioned to go folks, so let's make this happen."

JoJo then pointed to Ashley and I to stay behind.

"That line of rocks not only keep the bay calm but will do well as your platform."

Two more pictures appeared from her folder. "Talk between yourselves who gets what job, since you're so well matched with those rifles."

Her finger pointed at the rocks on the picture. "Freddy and I had a close look at those rocks, we figure number two from the end and four from the end will serve as a big enough platform, for you both and provide different angles of cover."

Our comms headphones were set in such a way that we could talk and listen to each other in one ear and the Unit in the other, more helpful since we wouldn't be near each other on this one.

We both left twenty minutes after our final briefing, transferred to the coastal boat in the dark and in the middle of nowhere. The crew were amused when they saw the surfboards we were using to float in on and even the second in command commented on the extra baggage. Six hours later we said our goodbyes and entered the water, both of us were quick to move away from the ship, as it continued its journey along the coastline. It would drop below the horizon and wait, the boat was also the Unit's extraction, it would come when called.

We kept close, as we neared the target area. Ashley and I rechecked the signal strength between us, nodded to each other and then we separated, having touched in the gloom of the early morning as a farewell and see you later, as we added to the distance between us. Within minutes we were on our designated rocks and ready. The sun started to rise, defining the horizon.

Now we waited.

*******

I still kept one of the earpieces tuned to what the Unit was doing, when the shooting started it sounded like a fair exchange of ammunition, a couple of explosions could even be seen on the horizon but the chalet obscured what was burning. It sounded like the helicopter was attempting to start up. Ashley clicked her comms button once, she had spotted movement from the chalet from her position.

The explosion indicated the helicopter was likely out of action. I watched the chalet through my scope and waited.

Ashley's voice came to my earpiece. "Target plus four bodyguards exiting the chalet, Target holding hands with a child, as yet unable to verify if it's his daughter."

There were still plenty of steps before the group got to the beach One of the bodyguards was in the lead, the target behind him his hand was indeed holding a little girl, I recognized her from one of the pictures JoJo showed us. Alexandra aged six. Daughter of the target. Moving my scope over the rest of the group raised an eyebrow when I didn't see the mother, just other bodyguards.

To me it felt like our worst fears were coming to pass, she was going to be his human shield if the bodyguards couldn't take care of everything.

Ashley's voice came over the comms and aimed directly at JoJo. "Control, target in sight along with five other heartbeats. No mother in sight, worst-case scenario now at seventy percent."

When JoJo pressed down on her own comms, it was clear she herself was in the middle of a firefight. "Roger eight (Ashley). You have your orders, out."

I was still watching everything through my scope, a single click came to my ear and I heard a shot from Ashley's rifle ring out. The last bodyguard had just cleared the steps onto the beach before he clutched his chest and dropped to his knees, then slumping face first into the sand. I took the next bodyguard out and between us we got the last two bodyguards, leaving our target and the little girl by the time he had set foot onto the dock.

True to his nature, he grabbed the now screaming girl by the waist and held her in front of himself. He clearly knew we were in the water but us being so close to the horizon we were impossible to see unless you had binoculars and our target clearly didn't.

Step by step he walked towards the boat, one of the Unit had made it to the cliff's edge and was about to take the steps, whoever it was couldn't have made a difference at that range and the priority at the moment was the little girl, she was after all the innocent in all this. The target was clearly making sure that his own daughter was between him and us. I wasn't about to put a child in my sights, neither was Ashley.

Our target continued his steady pace along the dock to the boat, another member of the Unit appeared at the top of the cliff, the first one had just cleared the steps and was running hell for leather towards the dock.

I pushed down on my comms, "Eight (Ashley), I will take his legs at his thigh, he will either drop the girl or spin with the velocity of the bullet, you need to make your next shot count."

Her only answer was. "Confirmed."

I aimed and banished every thought, both positive and negative from my mind. My training had to take over now, for the sake of that little girl screaming her lungs out for her mother and for this mission to succeed.

With half a breath released I gently squeezed the trigger, my shot rang out and I watched as the target staggered and then dropped the little girl into the water as he fell to his knees in shock. Another shot rang out and I watched him through my scope, as a red stain appeared on his shirt and proceeded to get bigger until he slumped forward. The one member of the Unit that had so far made it to the beach, dived into the water and pulled the little girl out and back onto the beach.

Ashley and I made it to the beach as it started to get crowded, the mother appeared and hugged the little girl tight to her, all the Unit were accounted for and as per standing orders, masked up. Since JoJo had decided that the boat was going to be our option to leave, Ashley and I stayed on the dock, putting the surf boards in the back of the boat and when we were about to leave, I placed a finger on the dead guy and felt for a pulse. Just to make sure.

*******

Two Days later...

We helicoptered back into Kenton Barracks, Freddy supervised everything going back into the cages and armory. Only on his nod did we get our cell phones back, the wives of the Unit started to come by and pick up their husbands, JoJo had already announced that we were on a week's leave. JoJo told us that since her wife was in Paris for some fashion show, Ashley and she were boating on the canal for a week. Freddy was fielding any calls relating to the Unit for that week's leave.

"It takes your cousin to let me know you've skipped town and another call to let me know you and your girlfriend have slunk back in again."

Elizabeth was leaning again the door frame, three steps put me in front of her and our lips sealed the deal, Freddy faked a cough, reminded us that I was on a week's leave and to leave him in peace with his paperwork.

We left the Unit building hand in hand. "Sorry."

Elizabeth stopped, causing me to do the same. "Ok I feel a speech coming on here, so let's get this out in the open right now. When your cousin phoned me to tell me you were in the process of leaving on an operation, I was at the office and I had to sit down. Minutes after we put the phone down, I got calls from all the wives inviting me to visit them. In effect, we wives and wannabe wives closed ranks around us. So please don't apologize, the wives kept me company and I still had work to do."

I held her close to me, our eyes only just focused on each other. "Wannabe wives?"

Her smile warmed me in places she had visited so many times in our short time together. "Don't get ahead of yourself buster. You haven't even met my sister yet, Just my folks."

I didn't care, I kissed her anyway.