The Four Boxes of Liberty Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I thought you said you didn't need a crowbar." said Cindy.

"I don't." Teresa said. "This is just an attention-getter. I don't need it to physically take you down and carry you in there."

Cindy gaped at Teresa, but that didn't work either. Seeing that she was going to lose, and knowing Teresa's real intent in doing this, Cindy chose discretion as the better part of valor. She got up and went to the Iron Crowbar's office, followed by Teresa, without a fight.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

As Wonder Woman and Supergirl arrived at Eastside Elementary, joining many other first grade heroes and villains, I began the Angels meeting.

"Glad you could join us today, Green Crowbar." I said jovially as Teresa handed me the red crowbar back. "Let's watch some TV." I clicked the wall monitor on.

"This is Cynthia Freeman, KSTD Five-Alive News in the Morning!" said the beautiful reporterette at 8:00am exactly. "Excitement is mounting as the November Elections are less than a week away!"

"The early voting numbers are exceeding all expectations!" said Cynthia. "The voting has gone smoothly, but there have been sporadic reports of persons voting for Eldrick X. Weaver but the ballot being marked for Daniel Allgood. County and State Elections officials investigating these anomalies have found two machines to be malfunctioning, and they were taken out of service. One of the reports was found to be false, and that person was arrested and charged with voter fraud and filing a false report."

"Both political Parties are gearing up for possible problems on Election Night," continued Cynthia, "especially after the voter fraud that occurred during the Republican Caucuses earlier this month. The Civil Rights Division of the U.S. Department of Justice has announced they will send Observers to select polling locations, to ensure minorities are not disenfranchised. Sheriff Daniel Allgood, who is the Republican candidate for Mayor, has asked for State Observers as well."

"And University Professor of Political Science Lionel Carmela, who ran unsuccessfully for a Council seat in the previous special election," said Cynthia, "has asked the United Nations for international Observers from Iran, China, and Venezuela, saying, and I quote: 'I believe those nations's elections are more fair and free than in Daniel Allgood and Donald Troy's Town & County', unquote. The U.S. State Department has said that no representatives from those nations will be allowed to enter the United States for the purposes of being poll watchers."

"And on a sad note," said Cynthia, "our competitor KXTC's Sports reporter Chuck Pringle was found dead last night near Point Hollow. Police believe his death was a suicide, but are continuing their investigation. Our condolences to our fellow reporters at KXTC upon the loss of their colleague."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Sounds like they are sowing the seeds to gin up election trouble." said Teresa.

"What was that about the fake report of a voting machine problem, and an arrest made?" I asked. I'd read the Police report, but wanted the other Angels to hear about it.

"Some woman claimed she voted for Weaver and the machine was recording it as Allgood." said Tanya. "The machine had not registered the vote yet, it was at the stage of 'check your ballot'. Well, they checked the machine, and the diagnostics showed that the woman had pressed Allgood's name on the electronic voting screen. The names are on opposite sides of the screen and clearly marked 'R' or 'D', so it's hard to make the mistake. She then went off on everyone and got belligerent about it, so she was arrested."

"Cynthia's report is not accurate." continued Tanya. "That woman was charged with 'Disorderly Conduct' and 'Disturbing the Peace'. The 'Filing a False Report' charge was added after they determined she'd deliberately pressed Allgood's name then said she'd voted for Weaver. No voter fraud charges were filed. And the arrest was made mainly to stop more bullshit stunts like that."

"And the other machine anomalies?" asked Cindy.

"They were Weaver votes, and the machine had them as Weaver votes," said Tanya, "but the machine was showing that no vote was cast on the screen. No machine ever showed a malfunction that actually showed an Allgood vote."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Okay, you two fist-bumped and made up yet?" the Chief asked. Cindy and I were in his office, starting the Command Group meeting. The looks on our faces gave him his answer.

"The boxing ring is in the gym." said the Chief. "However you do it, you two need to work it out."

"Chief," said Cindy, "I do apologize for interfering with the Commander's right to investigate cases as he sees fit. On that, he's right and I was wrong."

"Thank you for stepping up, Ms. Ross." said the Chief. "Commander, what do you say to that?"

I said nothing, but held out my fist. Cindy fist-bumped me.

"Okayyyy." said the Chief. "Now, what's going on today?"

"Orange Order meeting tonight." said Cindy. "We're prepared for Promotions and Medals Day tomorrow. Sergeant Wausau is being promoted to Supervisor and put in charge of Personnel & Records."

"Julia Rodriguez is following up on the Pringle suicide." I said. "Jerome Davis's father is coming into Town tonight, and I told Jerome he is absolutely off duty while he takes his father out to dinner."

"Good." said the Chief. "It's going to be a heavy day tomorrow... a heavy day..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

*Whirrrrrrrr*

Captain Tanya Perlman rolled into MCD and came to Julia Rodriguez's and Roy McGhillie's desks. The fronts of the desk were pushed against each other, with shallow shelves between them as the only barrier. Julia faced the end wall with the television monitors; Roy faced the wall with the door that led to the back hallway.

"Ma'am, ballistics came back." said Julia before Tanya could even speak. "It was a .357 caliber bullet, appears to match the unfired bullets in the revolver. Fired from the handgun found in the car. Mr. Pringle's fingerprints all over the handgun and the cartridges."

"The autopsy came back too, ma'am." said Roy McGhillie. "No injuries other than the bullet wound. Time of death between 8:00pm and 10:00pm, likelier on the earlier side."

"That's Martha-speak for 9:00pm." said Tanya. "She just won't pin herself down that tightly in an official document such as the autopsy report. Anything else on it?"

"Martha said he hadn't eaten for a long time, at least 18 hours before his death." said Roy.

"Sounds pretty open-and-shut, doesn't it?" Tanya said. "He probably ate something for breakfast before doing the 7:00am KXTC newscast with Bettina. Doesn't have much time to eat during the day, goes home, wife confronts him, and he's distraught from then on and doesn't eat."

"Yes ma'am." said Julia, not sounding convinced.

"So any reason to not call this a suicide?" Tanya asked.

"Ma'am..." started Julia, then she found her resolve and carried on: "Uh, I was trying to use my imagination for possible alternate scenarios. Roy and I were batting this idea around: suppose someone knew Pringle was distraught or upset, maybe knew his wife had kicked him to the kerb. That person gets Pringle's own gun, which may have been in the car, makes Pringle drive to Point Hollow but it's gated so they have to stop. Then he or she shoots Pringle and sends out the email, making sure to say something about Commander Troy to bring Media attention."

"Are you saying someone in the Media did this?" asked Tanya. "And just to gin up some more crap for the Commander?"

"His wife is my primary thought on all this." said Julia. "But yes ma'am, it could be someone in the Media, or one of the Haters that tried to kill Janice and Teddy."

"You want to work on this?" asked Tanya. "I'll back you up all the way if you do, seeing as there's not a lot going on right now."

"Give us through the weekend, ma'am?" asked Roy.

"Okay, you got it." said Tanya. "We'll talk again Monday morning. In the meantime... Mr. Parker!"

"Ma'am!" replied Parker.

"Make sure your uniform looks extremely sharp tomorrow!" Tanya said. "The Police Commander will be right in front of you, looking at your uniform as he puts that Purple Order around your neck. Please do not embarrass me in front of him by not looking as sharp as Theo always does."

"Yes ma'am." said Parker as Theo grinned and everyone else laughed...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"What do you mean I can't run with this?" exclaimed Amber Harris. "Chuck's suicide note did say that about Troy! Why aren't we telling the world this? This is a great chance to hammer the shit out of that son of a bitch!"

"Amber!" Bettina said, though quietly. "Chuck hasn't been dead half a day yet. Have respect for him and his family, give it some time."

"Being quiet about this isn't going to bring Chuck back, Bettina!" Amber argued. "And we've got to show that Chuck's death is Donald Troy's fault!"

"I have to agree, Bettina." said Lester Holder as he walked up to them. "No disrespect to Chuck, but his suicide email is something we can kick Troy in the balls with!'

"Guys..." Bettina said, struggling to control herself, "give it a day."

"So we'll run with it tomorrow morning?" Amber said hopefully, but also trying to trap Bettina.

"I didn't say that, for Christ's sake!" snapped Bettina. "I said give it a day. We'll review it tomorrow."

"Dammit, Bettina, people are voting now!" Amber said, something between anger and desperation in her voice. Bettina whirled on her.

"God damn it, Amber!" Bettina snarled. "I said to hold off! I said to give it another day. If you have a problem with that, submit your resignation and get the fuck out of here." With that, she walked away towards the executive offices, where her office was located.

"Geez, what was up with that?" a totally stunned Lester Holder asked.

"I don't know." said Amber. "God, I hope they're not capitulating to that son of a bitch..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Cindy Ross was working in her office when her personal cellphone rang. "Hi P, what's up?" she said. Her caller was Priya Ajmani.

"Hi Cindy. Senator Woodburn says 'hi'." Priya said. "Listen, I've been asked to find out what Don's terms are for ending the war between him and the Press."

"Really?" asked Cindy. "What's the rest of the story on this?"

"West and Wurtzburg at KXTC want me to find out." said Priya. "Katherine says the boycott is really hurting them. They're looking for a face-saving solution."

"Aw, damn." said Cindy.

"What?" asked Priya. "I thought you wanted to end it, too."

"I do." said Cindy. "I really do. But this is not a good time for me to ask Don about it directly."

"Let me work on his cock and balls a couple of hours and make him happy." said Priya, suggestively and with hope in her voice. "Then we can ask him?"

"His wife's birthday is tomorrow." said Cindy. "He has to save it up for that... and what are we doing talking about Don's sex life? Listen, I'll see what I can find out... but you might want to have Elsie go to Don's mom; you might get a better answer than anything I'm going to find out."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Helena buzzed me and said that Commander Ross wanted to see me. I asked her to send Cindy in.

"Okay, I've spent a while figuring out how to say this..." Cindy said as she sat down at my hand signal.

"Oh, I think 'fuck off' was quite succinct." I said with a half smile.

"Yeah, that might not have been the best thing to say." Cindy said with a half-chagrined look on her face.

"No, it was what you were feeling, and you needed to let that out." I said. "Besides... I've been told to 'fuck off' many times, and in many colorful ways." I whirled around in my chair and opened the music box that was on the bookshelf next to the 'I Beat Slender Man' trophy. The music of Frank Mills's 'Music Box Dancer' began playing.

"This was one of the best." I said.

Cindy grinned. "And I think you returned fire very well when you had that played while perp-walking Mitt Willis through his employees." she said. "Anyway, let me say this:

"You were right about me needing to stay in my lane regarding you investigating any and every crime in the County." she started. "And in what I'm about to say, I'm not saying you're out of your lane. What they said about your wife and your daughter, who is my cousin, was reprehensible and inexcusable, and also personal"

"Having said that," she continued, "part of my job is handling the Press. And I really would like to have better Police-Press relations. We used to get tips from some of them from time to time, and they can be useful for disseminating information when we need it. I know, I know, with you around, who needs tips?---"

"Butter me up, butter me up." I said. "So, just to cut to the chase... and so that you understand you're not dealing with an Agency of the Weak-Minded... what does KXTC want?"

Cindy grinned but shook her head. "They want to know what your terms are... as if they'll surrender if they get reasonable terms."

"Lester Holder still working for them?" I asked, my eyes boring into Cindy's.

"Is that one of your terms?" she asked.

"No, and I apologize for any confusion in asking that." I said. "My point was that they have to fire Lester Holder... and for cause, they have to say it was because of his racist statements about my daughter... before we can even begin to discuss 'terms'."

Cindy nodded. "And after that?"

"Again, we can't even discuss anything until they come correct and do the right thing." I said.

"I'll get that back to them." Cindy said. "By the way, and just for my curiosity, you've been getting along with KSTD lately. Is that going to continue?"

"It'll depend on them, but I doubt it." I said. "They were contrasting themselves with KXTC, but with KFXU coming on, they'll have to make a choice... and I imagine that choice will be to go back to being corrupt False News Media. Besides, I was giving them breaks just to piss off KXTC... kind of a 'fuck off' to KXTC, if you know what I mean."

"I am never gonna live that down, am I?" Cindy said. I just shrugged. Then we both broke out laughing about it...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

We normally have the Orange Order meeting on October 30th, to bypass Halloween, but this year events conspired to have the event on Hallowe'en night. Ergo, most of the good places, such as the Junction Station Depot and even Mr. McGhillie's Golf Course Clubhouse, were taken. We 'settled' for the new back room of the Cop Bar, and it turned out to be a great place for this dinner.

Myron Milton and Chief Moynahan provided the beer, per tradition, and had plenty enough that we didn't run out. Some of us, including me, Cindy, Chief Moynahan and Teresa, paid to have the Cop Bar provide steak dinners for all of us. I told Myron to not think of paying for anything, as he had a baby at home to provide for. I did not mention that Cindy, Teresa, and myself had enough money to not worry about it.

And because it was Hallowe'en, some people dressed up a bit. Chief Griswold wore his Klingon metal sash with the icon of the Clan/House of Crowbar on it. I had on regular clothes, but my red eyebrows suddenly were bushy and connected, and my pointed ears resembled Mr. Spock's Vulcan ears. Cindy wore a black uniform like Kato (Bruce Lee) wore on the Green Hornet television show, with a green-tinged trenchcoat over it. Teresa was dressed as Batgirl and Janice Holloway as the Catwoman... and OMG! did they look hot in those skintight costumes!

"I want to thank everyone for all your help this past year." said Sergeant Morton, our spokesperson. "I could continue for another year as spokesperson, but I'm going to ask you to choose a new one while I pursue my graduate degree at the University in Criminal Justice."

"Trying to jump ahead of the Commander to take the Chief's chair?" asked Rudistan jovially.

"Nooooooo." said Morton. "Just trying to jump ahead of you, Lieutenant Rudistan." Everyone laughed, especially Rudistan, who fist-bumped Morton. Ranks are off at this event, by the way.

Janice Holloway was in attendance; this would be her last Orange Order dinner as a Police Officer, though she was welcome to attend as an alumnus. As I began the 'discussion' of the upcoming promotions and medals, I gave her recognition. Everyone in the room gave her a standing ovation, and she choked back some tears as she thanked us for all the support we'd given her, especially in the last few weeks.

I went through the promotions and medals, then said "And we do have a Purple Order this time. Detective Teddy Parker." Everyone clapped for Parker.

"Okay," said Morton, "our next gathering will be for the vote count, then the initiation of our newest members. Then there's the Policeman's Ball, where Commander Troy will be listening to the Conference Championship game."

"And showing us his dance moves with his wife after they compete in a couple of weeks." said Teresa. There was an acclaim.

"I dunno." I said. "If we bomb, then no. Maybe if we win something."

"I'm holding you to that." said Teresa. I was in 'trouble', and I knew it.

"And finally," I said, "we'll have a couple of special Certificates of Appreciation..."

Part 18 - Birthdays and Honors

4:30am, Thursday, November 1st. It was Laura's birthday... her 49th, but don't tell her I told you.

As I woke up, Laura was lying on her side, her sweet asscheek pressing into my right hip. I turned on my side and wrapped my arms around her, feeling her ass in my groin and her back pressing against my chest.

"Mmm..." I whispered. "I've got a great early morning birthday present for you."

"Letting me sleep in?" murmured Laura.

"Sure... after I give you this nice, iron-hard present." I said as my hand gently massaged her milk-filled breast. She turned towards me and I bent down and sucked her nipple, getting a nice little breakfast.


I worked the sheets off of us and began kissing my way down her firm belly. Laura settled in on her back and spread her legs as I settled myself between them. I kissed along one thigh then the other, up to her hair-fringed pussy

"Ohhhhhh..." Laura cooed quietly as I licked right up her slit. I licked again and again, going deeper and deeper, until my mouth was fastened on her cuntlips. She was heating up rapidly, and her hand was gently pushing my face into her hairy twat.

"Ohhhh, yesss..." Laura moaned as I ate her out. "So goooood..."

For several minutes I stayed face-deep in my wife, sliding my tongue along the upper wall of her vagina. My hand was stroking my cock, getting it hard and throbbing and ready to sink balls-deep into her.

I felt her pussy clench up as a small orgasm tremored through her. Then she began gently pulling my head up.

"Mmmm, you're already hard and ready to go." she said as she pulled me on top of her. Her hand was gently stroking my cock as I mounted her and she fit my swollen cockhead deep between her swollen labes. She put her hands on my hips and said "Do it."

I drove forward, sliding in on a thick layer of hot cunt oil, until our pelvises met. We both groaned in unison, then began the coital motions we'd learned and practiced many times over the last few years.

As I fucked Laura, I pushed up and forward, sliding my cockshaft along the upper wall of her vagina. Laura really like that, and she would come faster and more easily. It was a strain on my back, but it was my wife's birthday, and I wanted to give her the very best fuck that I could throw into her.

After a few moments, I heard Laura cry out, then her clutching cunt clamped down on me like a vise as she came hard. I pushed my cock into her and pressed against her as hard as I could as I rode her through her intense orgasm.