The Freedom of Slavery Ch. 11

Story Info
Warlords and the army of awesomeness.
7.1k words
4.73
12.2k
3

Part 11 of the 13 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 08/13/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I am back! Life handed me a hard final year of college and I finally decided to get back to something fun after trying to find a job and coming back disappointed.

I am sorry it took so damn long to come back, but I am in the process of writing two chapters, and just to clarify: this story ends after the epic battle, and Lezar's story will then be started, then Kalba, then Helius and Ilan last.

Also, I did speed a few things up, because I am not an expert in waging and defending against war, so I figured that if I didn't know it, then neither did my audience and so add in the obvious and gloss over the rest. Enjoy the latest chapter!

That night, upon mutual agreement that answers were needed straight from the source, Kali used her previous acquaintance with Zathena to open up a channel so they could have a woman-to-woman talk.

"Alright, I think I can understand what your position as gods is in this mess, seeing as how rules were supposedly made up to make it harder for planetary-wide wars/genocides, but can you at least tell me the history behind this looming cluster-fuck, maybe a little of the battle plan?

As your War Lord General, it would be a bad idea for me to go into battle uninformed, but more importantly, I am sick of all the fucking surprises! Please, for the love of all that is holy, help me understand what the hell is going on."

"I love mortals for the exact reason of they get so sick of our bullshit that they are willing to bite our heads off, even knowing we love to smite them just for fun! But to get to the problem at hand, yes, the person who needs to be the most informed has this entire time been the one with the least knowledge of the history, culture, and politics behind what she is going to be cleaning up.

There have been arguments over how much information to give and to whom going back two of our years. Right now, the current argument is over how much information to give YOU, mostly from the standpoint of giving you enough to be informed vs. overwhelmed. I think you did right by coming to one of us and getting our attention to the fact that in figuring out what was best for you, we forgot to ask what you want. Too late to be careful what you ask for, because I'm going to give you the Spark-notes version."

"In the beginnings of the gathering to leave Earth, all of the gods from the mostly forgotten pantheons came together to speak of rules, guidelines, and procedures for creating and maintaining the proposed new planets.

It was suggested that the gods take three things into consideration when doling out the new planets: which creatures they wanted as their sentient beings, an equal balance of order vs. chaos, and that when one pantheon seeks to disturb another, whether to destroy or just give them a bad day, the pantheon under attack has limits to how it can retaliate.

Those limits were specific because it is a common occurrence: the methods first employed by the enemy are to be the methods used to defend, all gods are indestructible, but demi-gods, super-beings, ect., can be destroyed, even if given immortal status, and also, the thing which every single god had to agree to before any of us left, equal populations to both sides.

That last one is not only pertaining to the planetary guideline of each side of the planet is ruled by an equal, yet opposing pantheon, but that if one side creates demi-gods, super-beings, ect., the other side MUST follow suit, and only the deaths of EACH sides creations means that they are out of play.

So, in short, we had a group of gods that decided they liked canine and ursid animals, and we had others who liked felines, both pantheons had differing modis operandi, one for order the other for chaos, and both sides strive to reach the peak of each without succumbing to the fact that they need to embrace order or chaos to be able to reach their peak again. You are the major mortal player for the side of order that is reluctant to embrace chaos, but knows it has to anyway, so it is going to enjoy it while it lasts. In this pantheon, we have a god or two that were kept from integration, because one was a goddess of chaos, the other was the watcher. The Canids have the same thing going on; Anubis is the Canids version of an ambassador, sort of. He was set to the task of watching over his father Set while still on Earth, but was at first unwilling to take up the task in the New Order. Osiris said he would be willing to give some of his essence to Anubis alone, which was why he was able to keep his single-god status.

Odin, he refused to give up a portion of himself if he was going to be on the same planet as Loki, as they were mortal enemies during Ragnorak and he would be damned if he was going to give that or his hard earned knowledge up. But he did agree to give up some of himself to create the ruling male god of a pantheon, and help create a new form of the Valkyries for his new world, so his refusal was agreed upon as he had logical points.

A little known Greek goddess is our ambassador, Eris or Strife. She was tasked with, as she puts it, 'pulling the stick we gods of order insist in shoving up our collective ass out and giving it a twirl'. She has the qualifications, as she was the one who threw the golden apple with 'to the fairest' written on it into the middle of a party she wasn't invited to, which started the Trojan war. She keeps her single-god status because she got Hecate to give her some of her power the same as Osiris did for Anubis.

The reason I am telling you about Eris and Anubis, well, they are most likely going to switch sides at some point until this is over. That will be the sign that the war has truly begun, not just some posturing and name-calling. You will know this has occurred when you meet one of the Holy Order of Anubis, better known as an Anubite. The Daughters of Eris will also send one of their own to the Canids, but personally I would rather have the Anubites any day."

"Ok, this has been extremely informative and all, and I get the picture that you the gods must do what you were created to do by the myths, legends, and doctrine you came from, but what am I going to do once this meeting occurs, why are they special, and most important, how should we be preparing the armies, as far as I know I am the only one who has been getting special training?"

"Now that you know all the political bullshit we gods must go through every couple of millennia, that we are creations of a sentient species and are held to follow the limits given to us from the very root of our power, those who worship us. We need mortals to help us keep the balance so that we don't destroy the planet in a pantheon war.

There are few checks and balances among the gods, those being the neutral entities that then get tired of the squabbling and take matters into their own hands. The Holy Order of Anubis is treated like dirt, scorned, and hunted by the Canids when they get bored, partially because they only worship Anubis, but also because they are jackals.

They all have the power to channel Anubis' power for a time, as they are his personal creation. They practice the art of mummification, because if they didn't, they would become insane. They can speak to the dead, up until the point they are mummified or given a ritualistic burial. They also have the power to destroy a person's soul, if they are impure. Impure typically means that they are depraved and sadistic and lack empathy, hence why Canids hate them, even if they are cousins.

Once you have met the Anubite, you will send your scouts and counter-scouts to clear the way for war, I thought that was fairly obvious. The armies have technically been prepared, with specialized training given to a vast amount of feline warriors throughout our half of the planet. Once the babies are born, you will learn how to communicate with thewalzans, tsarzans,andsarzans, who have been warned by now to get supplies, create fortifications, and enhance the skills of all who are needed for war.

The reason you are put on alert so early? To put it simply, all resources harvested in vulnerable areas such as farms must move their crops to a more fortified area or make their current location fortified. All of this has been going on, as well as the merchants rationing what they sell. The ancient storehouses are being fixed and filled, and no new slaves are being purchased, the amas are simply being told to contribute to the effort or be sold.

Before you say anything on that, some of them are willing to be sold because they still harbor hate for their masters and would rather sabotage the war effort then aid it, they are not being mistreated, simply given the choice. Of course, most of the amas had previous masters that have treated them much worse, and so they would definitely rather help than give up their better life.

You are probably going to be one of the few females actually going to war in the army; most females who become warriors are not in the main army, but in the elite forces such as scouts, counter-scouts, and assassins. You will be learning the skills of all combatants by the way, including how to scout, how to spot and get rid of scouts, and every conceivable method of killing, just in case the 'main army strategy' as I have come to call it falls through and we have to have guerilla groups instead. Ilan won't be going to war either, as he will be in charge of raising the babies and helping thetsarzanwith home defense, as your den-site is one of the closest to the world border and it will be part of the front line.

Much of the future is still being decided, but have faith in the fact that you are part of a cycle, this is not the end, it is the beginning of the rebirth of an age. For the end of the world to occur, it must come from a space object such as a comet or meteor crashing into the planet, so this will end in a truce, or the war creations on both sides kill each other. That is up to you mortals to decide."

And with that said, Zathena left the now content Kali to get some much needed sleep.

@@@ The next morning, Kali woke up to the town crier announcing another meeting in the arena that was mandatory. She took comfort in knowing what the purpose behind her being here was, finally, and in the fact that a little bubble of ignorant bliss had been placed around her. She was able to take her time, and the time of the brothers, to learn as much as she could in the limited time she had before the gods got tired of squabbling and turned toward war.

She also understood WHY all the extra time was given, even if the gods did decide to shock the shit out of their mortal subjects for their own amusement and to get the ball rolling in earnest. And shock they did, as apparently 'Epic Battle', 'short-faced bears', 'dire wolves', and 'prepare for war' had not been a clear enough message. It turned out that, once the word War Lord had truly been let out of the bag, it ran like a bat out of hell.

Almost none of the defensive to-do list had been started apart from combat training, weapons and armor being made, and supplies being stockpiled.

Fortifications and preparations for a possible siege had been the last thing on thetsarzan'smind, until thewalzanhad come to see his progress. It turned out, after thewalzanhad left them last night, he stopped by to ask about how the siege preparations were going, even when he already knew the answer. At the blank look, he laughed and mentioned the small fact that the gods felt thetsarzanwas being blind ignorant based on how things had been going, and decided to clue him into the fact that his den-site was going to be on the front lines of a legendary epic battle, and that he had better be doing something about it. Hence, the mandatory meeting, at least for everyone else.

She and the brothers were busy getting her training done, and now, actually planning the offensive push. Set and Loki technically had a head start, as they had been building a good portion of their offensive in secret, so they could concentrate on their defensive strategy for now.

Her forces had to build up their offensive and defensive plans at the same time, but with the fact that order was a neurotic obsession with her gods, they had made sure that most of the details relating to defense were routine, which made her wonder if there were any Teutonic gods integrated into her pantheon.

Thetsarzanhad forgotten about all of that in his fervor to ready his den-site to wage an offensive war. Luckily, it was not too late, and the issue could be resolved easily, i.e. he was now to concentrate on ONLY the defensive part of the planning while Lezar, Ilan, and Kalba concentrated on preparing for offensive war.

Kali, Gobin, and Jahar would spend at least half of their time to creating basic plans for a large army assault, guerilla gangs, and sieges. Then they had to do their best to foresee any contingencies, and have plans B-Z ready to go for all three scenarios. Plus also finish up the last of her medical training, combat train for an hour three times a week, get the plant guides finished, and start her assassin training.

All of this in the next Earth year, hopefully most of which would be done before the cubs were born.

"Kali, we had best get to the meeting soon so that everyone can be reassured that they can place their trust in you and that you are really going to be a War Lord. I can hear thetsarzan'spleas for order from here." Gobin said, trying to coax her to finish her breakfast.

"I guess I should go and let them see that I have been working my ass off to save them, shouldn't I?"

"It would a good thing, yes, especially as preparations for an offense are one thing, preparing for the worst, a siege, is quite another. Everyone is going ape shit because of the simple fact that we wouldn't need to prepare for a siege if we weren't going to be attacked. That mentality is what could destroy this den-site before the war even truly begins. If the morale of an army is low, it is already defeated.

Help raise their morale, let them know that you will stop at nothing to defend them and destroy our enemies." Jahar implored, thinking that talking to the troops would put things into perspective for everyone.

"Alright, let's go and rally the troops, though if I hear one Seig Heil, I will be upset."

At their questioning glances, Kali simply replied: "Nazis.", which gave it away and they assured her that third Reich zealots never made it to this planet, so no worries. With that settled, they went to attempt to stop any riots.

@@@ At the arena, they met thetsarzanbefore he entered to give the announcement, and were met with a thoroughly harassed looking male who looked like thetsarzan. He was so stressed about all the work that needed to be done that he looked worse than a frat house after finals. His face was gaunt and haunted, with a stare that seemed unfocused, his body was much thinner and he had mats in his now dull fur.

He visibly perked at the sight of Kali however, and fell to his knees in joy, looking like a man who had found salvation.

"War Lord Kali, oh thank the gods you are here. I was hoping I wouldn't have to deal with this insanity by myself for much longer, and I see the cubs are coming along well. I am hoping you are here to take up the mantle and help me assure our people that this is the gods' will and give me the duties of defensive coordinator?"

"Yes, I am, though reluctantly, is thewalzanhere, I need to talk to him first."

"He's right there, I'll leave you to it, let me know when you are ready to make the announcement."

With that she walked over to thewalzan.

"I only have one question, I talked to Zathena last night, and she almost gave me an information overload, but I need to ask this; do you have any idea what our equivalent for the dire wolves and short-faced bear are going to be?"

"Why, saber tooth cats of course, and the gods actually decided that you won't be it! Doesn't that make you feel special, that someone else gets to be just as special as you?"

"Just peachy, but is that it?"

"As far as I know, yes, though I'm sure the gods would love to tell you all the details if you asked them."

"No thanks, I need a bit more time to digest the insanity they already told me. Alright, time to become a War Lord and get this show on the road."

@@@ Kali, with Jahar and Gobin flanking her, proceeded out into the arena with thetsarzanandwalzanto declare how this mess was going to be fixed.

"Males and Females, I know you all have been trying your hardest to get the war preparations under way, but we have a further announcement. Though she, and myself, just learned this yesterday, we have found ourselves witness to the rise of a War Lord."

This led to the expected ruckus, but within a few minutes thetsarzanwaved a hand for silence.

"As I said, we just learned this yesterday because the gods are fickle and because our War Lord needed basic training, which we all know would be impossible for her if she was aware she was pregnant. The gods kept this, and her status, from her so that she could get some basic combat skills in case she has to defend her cubs. Now, she is aware, and can take the burden of preparing for war from my hands.

I will still be busy, but the gods have given me a different task. The fact that we are so close to the border means we are going to be on the front lines. We have a high chance that we will be under siege, and we must prepare.

The gods have spoken, and they have told us that the mythic cycle of renewal has come to pass, and that we are to prepare ourselves like our ancestors did when the last War Lord saved us. I will now focus on the reviving of our rooftop farms, sheltered wells, fortifications, and bunkers. Warriors, I give you your War Lord."

With much ruckus, Kali stepped forward with Gobin and Jahar by her side. She too had to ask for silence, but when she spoke, they all listened.

"I do not expect you to follow me blindly and obediently, no matter if I am the War Lord General and I could kick all your asses with little effort once I am fully trained. You have not one, but three War Lords, though the gods have deemed me the overall leader.

This will be because I will be trained to kill and destroy the minds of the enemy with my thoughts, and without even seeing them, because I will have the ability to channel the power of the gods, not simply be a messenger, and because I will have had the best training in tactics and strategy, given to me straight from our gods of war.

Know that this is not what I am now, for now I am just a pregnant female who wishes nothing more than to learn all she can from mortals and become a mother to healthy cubs. Before we must face our enemy, I will be the walking weapon of the gods, and my family will be the immortal army that combats our greatest enemies. You, my people, will help me destroy those that our enemy uses as fodder and keep them from destroying us from shear numbers. I will be the one, with my fellow War Lords, to face down the short-faced bears and dire wolves, with the wrath of our gods.

And I do this not for any one person, not for my mates, not for my cubs, but for the fact that if I don't, I may as well kill my loved ones humanely before the Canids get to them. Help us prepare to fight, in the field and from our homes, for the lives of our loved ones, that they may be spared a tortuous death."

With that said, she waited for them to digest her words on bated breath. Then, slowly, one by one, the people in the stands got on to one knee and bowed, fists raised in salute.

Not a single person remained standing or sitting, moved by her honesty. After a few moments, they rose and a few came down to the ground level, indicating they had questions.

12