The Gems Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He healed her as many times as it took, nearly emptying his mana supply to take care of her wounds. He ignored her exposed body, especially when it was healed and newly recovered. He used his his shirt to cover her chest, carried her to their camp, and placed her in a tent. As he was leaving, his hand was grabbed by her incredibly soft hands.

"Thanks," Diamond said.

"Thanks?" Emerald replied. "For what?"

"I had my doubts and worries," she explained, "but you stayed true to your word."

"We're a team," Emerald smiled gently. "We win together and we'll lose together, although I'd rather not consider that an option."

"Neither would I," Diamond laughed a little. "I'll fight to the bitter end with you as long as you have my back."

"That's what I'm here for," Emerald nodded. "Now get some rest. Your body can't heal properly if you stay up."

"Okay," Diamond sighed.

Emerald stepped out the tent and went to sit by the fire. He fought to cleanse his mind of dirty thoughts and desires, undoubtedly incredibly difficult for any man. Eventually, he started to work on their inventory, counting all of their belongings and important possessions to get an understanding of what important materials they needed to get when they arrived back in town.

*****

Addendum: There are a few things that I'd like to point out about this world I'm making, in case someone has questions they'd like answered.

  1. There are three main bars that I follow: health, mana, and stamina.
  2. Mana is used to summon weapons, cast spells, shift into hybrid forms, and heal others and oneself. Continual use of weapons, spells, forms, and healing depletes the mana; major power moves removes twenty-five percent of mana and stamina.
  3. I don't use levels. Experience, memories, and scars are more useful than being given a number to show how dangerous someone is. Like training for a game or studying for an exam.
  4. With that being said, or written(?), there are different leagues to separate those who have plenty of experience from those who're just beginning.
  5. I don't use physical stats, like ATK, DEF, SPD, DEX. I don't understand them enough to use them and I'm sure you guys would just skip over that information anyway.

12