The Girl from the Ouachita Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The smirks on the faces of Jo and the saleslady conveyed they knew his body language said he liked the sweater dress and black suede knee-high boots a lot, and were only tormenting him with the display.

The two dresses, shoes, and boots she had picked were all on sale for the holidays, and he was pleased that the four pieces cost less and looked better than any of the dresses displayed around the showroom. The sales lady gave her card to Jo and to Chris, enthusiastically said it had been her pleasure to help, and encouraged them to return anytime!

The mall was starting to fill up, and Jo was ready to leave. He suggested they try Macy's sale to get her a couple of "casual sets you can wear to class, school events, or around the apartment complex at mixers or informal parties."

She searched his face, but saw only earnest intentions. She was having fun trying on clothes and watching his reactions, so she grinned, shrugged, and said, "Okay, Moneybags, if you want to spend more money on your little 'ward', I'm willing to help you!"

There was a problem, however: there were too many choices, and she looked so good in each he would have bought her all eighteen sets she tried on! She told him if he wouldn't pick she would; he couldn't, so she 'settled' for the five that drew the biggest reactions from him, and from the onlookers that had gathered to watch her modeling. She also got a casual jumpsuit she liked because it was so comfortable.

They lugged her goodies to Chick-fil-a, ate sandwiches, and then returned to the apartment. Jo disappeared into her room and he could hear her stirring around. "So, am I going to get a fashion show now?" he asked playfully.

She popped her head out; "Really?"

"Of course, but this time I expect the runway version." She grinned ear to ear, and said, "Take a seat on the couch!"

She started with the casual jumpsuit, then the two sets of tailored pants and blouses, a pair of indigo jeans with a rather low-cut blouse, and then surprised him with a red mini-dress he hadn't seen before.

"You just saw the LBD, so this is my last one," she said as she reappeared in the sweater dress that just begged to be unbuttoned down the front.

Between her prancing around and the way her luscious body looked in the clothes, he held a throw pillow in his lap from start to finish. The last two dresses, though, had given new meaning to 'hard-on'.

To make things much worse, she put on a DVD entitled Ballroom Dances. "These are the kinds of dances we will probably encounter at the country club, don't you think?" He nodded his agreement.

She took both his hands in hers, "Since we've never danced, we need to practice so we won't embarrass ourselves!"

He willed his cock to relax, but it continued defying him while they addressed one another in the proper manner for their first dance, a waltz. She seemed to ignore the protrusion, keeping her pelvis just outside its reach; that, focusing on the dance steps, and guiding his new partner helped alleviate his problem.

Chris' family had ensured he was proficient in ballroom dancing, as any son of the Old South should be; after all there were all those balls to attend at their level of society. That Jo, a poor country girl from the wilds of the Ouachita, was more expert than he, however, blew his mind.

"The same coach that got me into martial arts also got me into an elective class called 'ballroom dancing'. Turned out I had a knack for that too," Jo explained, in response to his unasked question.

They took turns at waltzes, polkas, two-steps, fox trots, even the tango; she was his better at all. Light as a feather on her feet, she seemed to anticipate his every move; as a result, they danced as if they had practiced together for years.

It was only mid-afternoon when the music ended, they congratulated each other, and she went to change. Just before entering her bedroom, she looked over her shoulder and innocently asked, "Want to go for a run along the river? I think we could both use some cardio, and you seem to enjoy the views along the trail."

He suspected she knew the view he most enjoyed, and the racer-back top and tiny short-shorts she changed into did not disappoint. The stick-on sales tag was still on the shorts, but he made no mention -- he was more than happy to pay for something that looked this good on her.

It was a little chilly for her running gear, but the only effect he noticed was a bit more nipple showing through the fabric of the top.

As before, they ran side by side until they encountered people on the trail, at which point he would drop back and run behind her. When he returned to her side, he saw the smug smirk and he knew she knew.

At this point, he didn't care. Yes, she was far too young for him; no, he wasn't going to seduce someone who was, for all intents and purposes, under his guardianship. Those minor issues aside, she was his dream girl, at least physically, although the off-putting angst and mood swings had all but disappeared since they moved into the apartment.

He fell back to let a bicyclist by, and she caught him staring when she looked back over her shoulder. She smiled and kept running gracefully in front of him.

Well, if she didn't mind his open admiration of her physical assets, he intended to drink her in while he could.

They stayed in that night. They watched a movie, ate popcorn, and drank hot chocolate. She wore her favorite nightshirt -- the HSHS Trojans jersey, which did a fine job of establishing her sleek golden legs within his vision.

They began with Jo sitting on the opposite end of the couch, but sharing the popcorn meant passing it back and forth, so she moved into the middle and held the bag between her thighs with her feet on the coffee table. Each time he reached into the bag his imagination ran wild; soon, his cock was so hard it hurt, and even his pillow compress didn't help.

He took a long shower after the movie, to lower the tension in his loins a bit; she lowered her tension in her bed.

****

Jack had learned to appreciate and make breakfast tacos from his Texan roommate in Knoxville, so he made egg and bacon tacos with cheese and salsa for their breakfast. They shared a pot of coffee before starting their respective projects.

Lunch was a club sandwich Jo prepared, after which she was going to do her nails. He returned to his office to check emails from his friends and new employers. The only email was instructions on getting into the country club as their guest.

When he walked back out of his office she was sitting on the couch with her feet on the coffee table, carefully painting her toenails; he stopped and watched. Painting toenails had never been something he considered a turn on, but somehow Jo made it quite sensual. The way her flexible little body was all scrunched up, being so focused and careful with each stroke, and her cute little feet perched on the table below those gorgeous legs... she looked adorable!

He stood and watched until she became aware of him.

"Never seen a girl painting her toenails?" she asked teasingly.

"Not the way you do it," he replied, after clearing his throat.

"Oh, I got an email from my boss saying to be at the CC by 6:45, and giving me instructions for getting in. You won't have any problem being ready by then, will you?"

She did not, strutting out of her bedroom at 6:20 in the LBD, black hose, and high heels. She saw his wide eyes and gave a spin, "How do I look?" she asked coquettishly.

"Not bad for a country girl," he understated, thinking that she looked more like a big city sophisticate. She gave him a dazzling smile, asked him to help her into the jacket, and they proceeded to the Ram. He explained that getting in and out of either of his vehicles in that dress without exposing herself was going to a trick, but he felt the step bar on the Ram would allow more modesty.

"Thank you for considering my modesty, Kind Sir. I haven't been in your fancy truck before, so we'll see how climbing up like this goes... Oops! Sorry about that -- I didn't mean to flash you!"

He colored, and his cock throbbed; the thigh-high hose had lacy tops, and the black panties were sheer. He hurried back to the driver side, climbed in, and did his best to ignore the lovely legs extending below the dress, and her nonchalance in positioning them so he could see the skin above the hose. He also tried but failed to ignore the round white mounds swelling slightly above the neckline of the dress.

"So, what shall our story be?" she asked. "Tell them the truth, or is that too embarrassing? If so, do you have another version you prefer?"

"I don't want them to think badly of you... or me," Chris replied. "I doubt they will believe our living arrangement is platonic, but I don't like lying to them, either. What do you think?"

"The truth and nothing but the truth! Too hard to keep up with the lies once you start," she answered firmly.

The valet was only too happy to assist Jo from the high 4x4 pickup, and was well rewarded for his assistance. She gracefully alighted and thanked him; he was momentarily flummoxed, but mumbled "My pleasure, Mam. My pleasure indeed!"

Chris thought his was high praise indeed, considering the number and quality of the women the valet undoubtedly assisted each evening.

He strode to her, offered his arm, and escorted her through the front door. The Maître D took their information and escorted them to their table. His confident-appearing date clung tightly to his arm, and his own poise was tested; there were so many ways this could go wrong!

Neither of them should have been concerned. The fifty-somethings awaiting their arrival were suitably impressed by Chris in his dark suit, and agog about Jo in her little black dress. This was the world in which Chris grew up, so, even though it was his bosses and their wives, he was at ease by the time the introductions were completed.

Given her age and background, Jo had every right to be uneasy; in fact, she should have been intimidated and she should have been out of her depth: she was not, or if she was, it didn't show. Chris already knew her well enough to see the slightest tension in her smile, but no one else did.

She greeted the group with aplomb, was gracious in accepting handshakes, air kisses, and the hand kiss proffered by Trey Beck. She repeated each name after introduction as an aid in remembering. She appeared composed, confident, and at ease.

Sandra Beck turned back to Chris, crooked her head to the left, peered at him, and said, "I see you don't remember me, but you were half as tall as I the last time I saw you. I'll bet you remember your mom getting calls from her friend Sandy on birthdays and holidays, though, don't you?"

Chris reacted with obvious surprise: "You're Sandy Hardy Beck, her sorority sister? Of course you are -- I didn't draw the conclusion, but now it's obvious. You always sent us birthday cards and presents! Of course! It's so good to meet you again!"

She beamed, and he turned to Trey. "Why didn't you tell me? I knew you and Dad were friends, but I assumed it was due to your construction ties!"

"When I got the recommendation to hire you from HR, I called your dad. He said you were hell bent on making it on your own, so I should keep you in the dark, work the hell out of you, and see how you did. So if you're wondering how you got all the crap jobs for the first year, you can thank your dad!"

He laughed, and added, "As to making it on your own, so far so good, and I know these men agree. Heck, even your crews agree, and they hate all their managers!"

Sandra reached across the table and petted his hand, "We're sorry for the deceit, Darling, but we promised your mom and dad!"

Chris laughed heartily, and said, "All I can say is, small world! And, this is a pleasant surprise!"

Each of the six elders already had a drink, so Trey Beck signaled the waiter to come take their order. Chris ordered his favorite bourbon on the rocks, and Jo ordered her new favorite mocktail: Rob Roy with Coke instead of scotch, with a splash of seltzer.

That drew a curious look but no comment from the other ladies, who immediately began what would become a very interesting grilling of Chris and Jo.

"So! You two are such a beautiful couple!" enthused Sandra Beck. "How do you know each other?"

Chris and Jo chuckled and exchanged looks; good thing they had prepared. Jo said, "You tell them."

With a big smile, Chris began a "just the facts" version of the tale. Chris working in Hot Springs on restoring Bathhouse Row; Jo was an early high school graduate; she was living with a mutual friend who introduced them; she needed a ride to TCU; Chris offered, she accepted, and a friendship was born during the drive.

Chris saw the slight frowns on the faces of the three men, so he addressed the "early graduate" part by saying Jo was eighteen and emancipated, anxious to leave a difficult family situation behind, and that their friendship -- and that's all it is, he assured everyone -- is strictly above board and totally legal.

His rendition was accurate but incomplete, and he expected the women would want more detail; he was correct.

Rebecca Elliot, the wife of Chris's direct supervisor, asked where Jo was staying. She replied that she was Chris' guest in an empty bedroom until the dorms opened, and she was serving as chief cook and bottle washer in return.

That drew a laugh from the women and a curious look from the men, but Sue Schneider, wife of the COO, redirected the conversation.

"Jo, when you walked in I looked you and Chris over rather thoroughly, and I honestly thought you were his age. Not that you don't look young -- both of you do, when you're in your fifties like me -- but you appeared so self-possessed and assured. Even knowing your age, I see a mature if very young woman. How is it that a girl your age is so poised and self-confident?"

Jo looked at Chris, who barely shrugged his shoulders; it was her story to tell, or not. If she chose not to, he would protect her.

"I should probably lie to you so you won't think less of Chris for bringing someone like me, but I won't because we agreed on the way over here to tell only the truth," Jo said with a steady voice that contained a bit of challenge, or perhaps defiance.

"My mother says my last name is Kennedy; unfortunately, I've never met my father, so I don't know if that's true. It could just as easily be a name that came up during one of her alcohol and drug-based delusions, or she may not know.

"Yes, I'm the only child of an alcohol and drug-addicted woman of loose virtue. For the past three years we've been living with one of her boyfriends, who has three sons. All of them made their plans for me clear from the day we moved in, but a child and family services worker and a deputy sheriff kept me safe because I was underage.

"My eighteenth birthday was last week, and I had learned a few months ago that they had organized a 'coming out party' for me since I would no longer be a minor and no longer a concern of the state. That's why I graduated early, and that's why I asked Chris for a ride to Fort Worth, where I have a scholarship to attend TCU next semester."

Jo's story had not faltered, nor had her gaze broken. No, she had, in turn, looked each member of her audience in the eyes as she told her disturbing story, without obvious rancor and with minimal emotion.

Though again touched, Chris listened sympathetically but without displaying emotion that might cause her to choke up.

The other six adults, however, had exhibited the gauntlet of emotions Chris felt in the truck when he first heard her story.

At this point, the three men were sitting upright in their chairs, eyes blazing at the injustice. During the course of the story she had morphed from Chris' sexy girlfriend into another daughter who needed protection.

The three women were leaning forward, each wanting to reach out and touch her, to pull her to them, to comfort, console, and assure her, as they would a daughter.

"I need to credit my high school coach, the school counselor, and concerned teachers for getting me involved in sports and other activities, like theater and debate, to develop my leadership and personal skills, and to teach me to face challenges rather than run from them. Hot Springs High School was 'the village' that helped raise and direct me during my rebellious teen years.

"I also need to give credit to my mother. Her lack of concern and her provision of a role model not to be emulated certainly toughened me and made me grow up faster than many of my peers. It's not a pretty story, but it's my story, and I guess all that makes me the girl you see here today."

Jo took a deep breath, ignored the swirling emotion at the table, and forged ahead. This time she was looking everywhere but at Chris. "I'm sure you think I'm paying him back with sex, but I swear Chris is far too much of a gentleman to accept even if I offered!

"In a lifetime of dealing with the male equivalents of my mother, and boys whose goal was to grow up to raise chickens and cheat on the girls they knocked up and made their wives, Christian Brady is the one man, other than Deputy Shillings, in whose presence I've ever felt safe and secure. He's also the only man, other than my teachers, I've ever thought was concerned about my future.

"I left home with one good dress, a few pair of jeans, shorts, hoodies, and tee shirts, and two pair of athletic shoes. He bought me this dress and shoes so I could be here tonight, and six other nice sets so I won't be humiliated when I start school.

"By bringing me here tonight to meet all of you, knowing full well this is an alien landscape for me and that I might embarrass him, he showed again that he has faith in my abilities."

She cast her eyes downward; when she looked back up, there was sadness all around. "I see all of you are distressed by my story, and for that I apologize. Perhaps I should have lied; I'm afraid I've ruined our special evening. I never intended this to be about me, but Chris told me to tell the truth if asked, so I have. I'm sorry if I upset or offended anyone, and I hope we can turn to more pleasant topics now."

Chris broke the tension by interjecting. "Jo left out a few things in the telling of 'her story'. She's an award-winning three-sport athlete, an accomplished thespian who sings like an angel, graduated with highest honors, and is eligible for Mensa.

"In two months, she put together a resume and sent admission and aid applications to several universities. All admitted her, but TCU showed enough confidence in her to cobble together a full-ride for the spring semester at this very expensive private university.

"To me, all the rest is background. She is who she is. She's not the byproduct of a messy life, but rather someone who has risen above that life to make the most of opportunities by developing and using her many God-given talents.

"Since you know my parents, you know I never faced her kind of challenges. I have the ability to help her move forward, and I'm happy to assist her in any way I can - because I know she will make me, and all her supporters, proud."

Throughout, Chris maintained a sanguine look and voice, as if speaking fondly of a younger sibling or friend. His sideways glance and smile at Jo as he said he knew she would make him proud, however, was laden with emotion that the others saw and she felt.

For the first time, she clouded up and her mouth quivered a little, which resulted in the three women quickly escorting her to the restroom. The three men gave Chris knowing looks, but no one spoke until Trey Beck suggested they have another round.

For his part, Chris tried to hide his embarrassment at having allowed his feelings to show when his purpose was to build Jo up and move the group toward celebrating her achievements instead of dwelling on things beyond her control. Little did he know that he had accomplished much more.