The Girl from the Ouachita Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Okay, Jo, please continue!"

"Kate's cousin, Donnie, showed up Monday night, but didn't stay long. He said his brothers were coming with him, but they got sick and stayed home. Then he said he was meeting some friends who had ridden up from LA. He didn't show up again until the next morning, and he didn't go skiing until we went at two that afternoon.

"Mrs. Ellison offered to take us out to eat again, but Donnie wanted to take us dancing, so we said we'd get something in town before we went to the club. I didn't like the way he looked at me from the moment we were introduced, but Kate told me they had always been very close, so I didn't worry.

"We grabbed a burger, then waited outside the club for Donnie's friends. Kate and I were both worried after we saw them, but they were polite and nice, so we quit worrying. After all, we were going to be in a crowded dance club; what could happen? Hah!

"Anyway, one of them had come early and gotten us a big table so we were all sitting together. I was drinking 7Up and Kate had a wine cooler of some kind. She talked me into trying it, and then ordered me one. All the Stars began playing. LaMarcus grabbed my hand and yelled, "Let's dance!" Donnie grabbed Kate, and we all got together, put our hands in the air, and swayed and danced, like you do to that song.

When we got back after a couple of hip-hop songs, the wine coolers were waiting for us. We were thirsty after dancing, so we kind of chugged them. I should have known better, but Kate said they didn't have much alcohol, so I thought they were like the wine spritzers Sandy let me try.

"When I started feeling lightheaded a little later, I thought they must be stronger and decided I wouldn't drink anymore. A 1980s rock song they all liked came on, so all six of the men danced with the two of us. It was fun, and I started feeling really happy and excited.

"We stayed out and danced to another couple of songs, then a slow song came on and I went back to the table. Fast dancing with them was one thing, but slow dancing with those men wasn't something I wanted to do!

Luke went to get us more drinks, but another old rock song came on, so the seven of us went to the floor. When we came back, we had new drinks. I barely sipped mine, but I kept getting drunker, or higher, or something.

"I know we danced a lot after that, but I had started feeling weird, like the music was reverberating inside me and my skin was super sensitive. I started having trouble thinking, much less dancing, so they called us lightweights and led Kate and me back to the table. They insisted we sit down and finish our drinks to cool off.

"I knew I shouldn't, but I did, and I don't remember why. I kind of remember the one named Luke telling me things in my ear, but then I got sick so they took me outside for fresh air, or... for some reason. I don't remember anything after that, but it seemed like I was dreaming. In my dream I was cold and naked, and men were touching me and I was telling them to stop.

"The next thing I remember was waking up in the hospital."

Jo had been calm throughout the recounting, and appeared calm now. Chris could feel her leg quivering against his, though, and knew better.

After accepting expressions of sympathy for having to undergo all that, and especially so soon after the experience with her mother and stepfamily, Jo thanked everyone, and asked the Becks if she could stay here the rest of the trip.

They told her they wouldn't accept anything else, and she asked if someone would take her to the Ellison's to get her clothes and luggage. Chris volunteered, but the Becks proposed they take the Suburban so everyone could ride along.

Chris knew they didn't trust him, but he also knew his purpose was simply to pick up Jo's things, not start something or exacerbate the bad feelings.

Sandy called and spoke to Stephanie Ellison, who told them Kate was at home and anxious to see and talk to Jo. She invited everyone to come over, enjoy a beverage, and perhaps help settle things down after all the events at the hospital. Sandy Beck agreed, told her goodbye, and then told the group what she had agreed to do.

She looked directly at Chris, who kept a neutral expression and shrugged his shoulders, "We're your guests, so whatever you want to do is fine." She knew that was hardly an endorsement, and kept her fingers crossed that her effort at reconciliation wouldn't go south and create new problems.

****

The Ellison's Chalet was as nice as the Becks, and the setting on the western slope of a mountain was breathtaking. The ski lifts were a few hundred yards downhill, so you could ski to them down a well-groomed path. Kate ran outside, grabbed Jo, and held her tightly while crying and apologizing for what happened.

Chris stood aside and let the girls cry and commiserate, as did the others. After a few minutes, Kate's mother invited them to come inside. Everyone hugged her and her husband as they entered; Chris shook their hands, but was smiling and friendly when he did.

Kate brought Jo back inside after a few minutes, and asked for the attention of the milling group. "I need to tell everyone a few things, and apologize for the mistake that almost got us raped and killed.

"When Donnie invited us to go dancing with him I was excited. Although he's a few years older, he and I used to be close, but the last year or two he changed. He started smoking, got tattoos, and his brothers told me he was running with some gangbanger who stole cars and sold drugs.

"He hadn't been drinking or using drugs, as far as I could tell, on Tuesday, and he went skiing with us that afternoon, so I don't think he did. Anyway, Mom and Dad wanted us to go with them, but I convinced them to let us go to the dancehall with Donnie. I promised not to get drunk, and to Uber home if Donnie started using drugs or causing problems.

"We had a great trip to the dance club in his new Sprinter Van, and were having fun waiting on 'a couple of friends' -- that's what he said -- to meet us. They weren't what I expected and there were more than a couple, but they were polite and seemed nice, so we went in with them.

"As soon as they arrived, Donnie changed, and not for the better. I'm pretty sure they put something in our first drinks, but I'm positive they spiked our second and third. I'm not a big drinker, but those weren't my first wine coolers, and they made me passing-out drunk in no time at all!

"Jo doesn't drink, and she was drunker than I was on two coolers and a 7Up! I remember being too drunk to dance, so we went back to the table, and I don't remember much after that.

"Chris, I know you blame my parents for letting us go with those men, but, really, I just wanted to get close to my cousin again! We had no idea those older men would be meeting us, and I think you know Jo and I well enough to know they aren't the kind of people we hang with!"

Chris looked at her, at her parents, and then back at her. "I was wrong to accuse them as I did, and I apologize for my actions that night."

Mr. Ellison stepped toward him shaking his head, "No, Chris, you don't need to apologize for what happened in the situation in which we found ourselves. First, you were right: if we were going to let the girls go with Donnie, after his dad had warned us he had changed for the worse, we should have gone along, or at least checked on them.

"Second, both girls were near death at the time, you were still adrenalized from your violent confrontation with the men that were trying to rape Jo, and I foolishly proposed that Donnie was beat up trying to save the girls.

"When we showed you his picture and you identified him as one of the rapists, Stephanie and I were appalled and distraught!

"Since then, we've put ourselves in your position, and we realize you had every right to be that angry.

"We want to apologize to you for our rude actions and words, and tell you that we hope you are close by if our daughter ever needs help again! You saved her just as surely as you saved Jo, and we can never thank you enough for that!

"If you can forgive us, we'd like to do what we can to make it up to you, Jo, and your family."

"Sir, you owe me nothing, but if you will forgive my unforgiveable conduct, I would greatly appreciate it. Mrs. Ellison, I'm deeply sorry that I was so cruel as to make you cry like I did. Mr. Ellison, thank you for not punching me in the face when I lost it. You had every right to, and I know it."

Mrs. Ellison approached him with her arms spread and asked him to hug her; he did, and she beamed up at him. "Thank you, Chris, for saving our girls from our foolish mistake!"

Mr. Ellison was just beyond his wife. He smiled and jokingly said, "I have a feeling that I'd be in one of the hospital beds with the other men if I had hit you in the face, young man, but I appreciate the sentiment. Again, thank you for giving us back our daughter, and we will gladly entrust her to your care anytime! Just knowing you are in Fort Worth makes us feel better about her attending TCU!"

Chris was a bit embarrassed at his "hero" status, but relieved that the bad feelings were behind them. Even Kate's decision was innocent, he knew, and he held out an arm toward her. She flew to him and joined her mom in hugging him tightly and thanking him.

After they finished, Stephanie turned to Debora and said, "I don't know what you feed him, but he's as hard as a very muscular rock! Goodness gracious!" She fanned herself as if trying to cool down, and the women all laughed with her.

"You should dance with him, Stephanie! He's like a very, very muscular feather on the dance floor. I feel like I weigh nothing when he takes command!"

"I'd like very much to experience that, and I'd like to start making things up to all of you by inviting you to diner at our favorite restaurant and then a night of dancing -- at a bit more sedate club -- tomorrow. Our treat! Can you make it?"

Jo and Kate whispered, grinned, and Kate said, "We will go only if one of these handsome gentlemen will stay with our 7Ups while we're on the floor!"

Donna put her hands on her hips and said, "And I'll only go if you will invite the other two heroes from Tuesday night -- our new friends Joey and Sal, who beat up the two molesting Kate!"

Joey and Sal were as embarrassed about their sudden hero status as Chris had been, but happily accepted kisses from the three girls and the three women, and hearty handshakes from the men. They exchanged hearty hugs with Chris, pounded each other on the back, and called each other "badasses". Everyone loved that and knew it was true.

****

They skied for ninety minutes the next morning, ate lunch, rested, and then went for another short ski run, afraid to test Jo and Kate too much too soon.

Chris did dance with Stephanie and all the other ladies that night, after a great meal at the restaurant. It was mostly ballroom music, so Joey and Sal had to be taught how to dance to some of the songs, but they were agile and learned quickly.

Chris saw Trey speak to the bandleader during a break, but thought nothing of it; the band was good, and he also intended to tell them that during the next break. Trey returned and whispered something to the six parents, and they all looked at Chris. Hmmm -- what was he up to?

"At this time we're going to play a request, and that request extends to two of our gifted dancers. Jo and Chris, would you take the floor, please. Feel free to join them if you wish, but I've been told you're in for a treat if you watch.

He turned back to the band as soon as Jo and Chris walked onto the deserted dance floor. The band began playing La Cumparsita, one of the most famous Tango songs ever.

Jo grinned at Chris: "Ready to give them a show?" Chris grinned back: "They're gonna get a life-changing show, given the dress you're wearing!"

She blushed, but teased, "Knowing Kate, I'm sure it will be on social media for us to watch when we get back to the table. In fact, she's probably livestreaming!"

They entered the floor in perfect time with the music, and they put on a show that might not have been life changing, but was definitely electrically charged. They got a standing ovation, and repeated calls of "encore!" The bandleader held his hands out, palms up; Chris asked Jo, and then shouted, "Cha Cha."

That drew another cheer, and they heard Trey yell, "Jitterbug!" to the bandleader. They danced for a bit, then invited others to join them. It was quickly a crowded floor, and as noisy as the other dancehall had been.

Chris and Jo snuck back to the table and grabbed their drinks. Dan -- Dad -- was charged with oversight of the drinks, and he enthusiastically told them, "You two are perfectly matched on the dancefloor! That was a mixture of poetry and porn, and I mean that in the best possible way!"

They all laughed, toasted one another, and watched the others dance.

No one said a word when Jo followed Chris upstairs to his room, but smiles were exchanged.

****

The womenfolk were busy fixing breakfast; they banished the men to the other room until it was ready.

Chris, Trey, and Dan were quietly sipping coffee in and enjoying the mountain view offered by the big picture window when Dan quietly asked Chris, "How old am I, Son?" Chris furrowed his brow and replied, "You're 51, Dad. What's wrong, Old Timers' disease getting your memory?"

Dan nodded, took another sip, and asked, "How old is your mom?" Chris replied, "She turned 44 on November 1, Dad. Do I need to get you some Prevagen and a few puzzles?"

Dan ignored him, and turned to Trey. "So, Trey, how much older am I than Debora?"

With a straight face, Trey answered, "Seven years, more or less, Dan. Did you know I'm six years older than Sandy? Sure, she looks younger, but most people don't know or notice, and the rest think she's my trophy wife."

They both took sips of their coffee and turned to Chris with innocent looks, but neither said a word while he contemplated. "Okay, I hear you, but she's only eighteen..."

"Your mom was nineteen when we married, Chris. Trey?" "Sandy was all of twenty... by three days." They turned back to Chris.

"Well, fuck! Y'all are messing up my grand plan!" They smiled, and sipped their coffees without saying more.

After a huge, delicious, and satisfying breakfast they reaffirmed last night's decision to stay another day to make up for the one lost. Kate and Jo's heart rates and blood pressure had remained stable, and the twenty-four hours since their release had long since expired.

They donned their ski gear and rode over to the Ellison's to join them in a morning run. Kate, Donna, and Jo stuck together on the greens and blues, as did Sandy, Stephanie, and Debora. Sal and Joey were excellent skiers, but they stayed near Donna and Kate.

Dan and Trey ran mostly the reds, but skied a few blues with the women. Ed Ellison, however, joined Chris on the blacks. Ed was the more polished skier, Chris the more powerful and athletic, and they both helped and pushed one another.

At the anointed time everyone gathered at the base of the mountain and waited for Ed and Chris to come down from the top, where most of the black trails were. They expected the missing men to come down the red tail to their right, not the face of the mountain in front of them, but guess what?

"Oh my god, Mom! Is that Dad and Chris! Are they crazy?!!!"

Jo turned pale, Debora covered her mouth with her hand, and Donna squealed in delight. Joey and Sal looked envious, and Trey told Dan, "I'm gonna make him come to work in a cast!"

There were a few times when they just jumped off a cliff, fell nearly straight down, landed, and kept flying toward the tree line far below. Ed led at first, but Chris passed him with a breathtaking run though the undisturbed powder below the base of the cliffs. They skied through the trees, stopped in clouds of snow near the others, left their poles dangling, and high-fived one another. "Damn that was fun!" Ed yelled. "I always wanted to try that -- thanks for daring me!"

Chris was laughing and celebrating with Ed when a very cute snow bunny clad in baby blue approached him with an angry expression. "Don't you dare EVER do something like that again, Christian Michael!" she threatened him. "I was terrified you were going to kill yourself!"

Stephanie approached Ed with her ski pole clutched like a baseball bat and threatened to kill him for doing something that stupid!

Donna jumped on Chris and kissed his cheek. "That was amazing, Big Bro! And Kate and I filmed the whole thing! We'll watch it back on the big screen TV at the house!"

Joey and Sal came over, whooping and with hands raised to high five the two men. Dan and Trey shook their head, but gave them thumbs up and winks.

Debora joined Jo and added her threats to Jo's, pointing and fussing at her grinning son. He took a big step, encompassed both with his arms, hugged them tightly, and said, "I'm fine! What's all the fuss about? It's a marked trail! People ski it all the time!"

"Yeah?" asked Mom. "Then why haven't I seen anyone on it, and why was the snow undisturbed?"

****

They went down the mountain into Salt Lake City later that afternoon to do some shopping and eat at a well-known oyster bar that featured fresh Pacific oysters, Scallops, Salmon, and Snow Crab legs. They arrived well before supper, so they rode the free trolleys from one shopping place to another, and then the 'kids' rode it up to the University of Utah campus while the 'old folks' had a pre-dinner drink.

The Rice-Eccles Stadium, which hosts the Utah Utes football team and has also hosted the Winter Olympics, was open, so they roamed around a bit. It was nice, but Chris was confident The Carter would be nicer when finished.

They rode the trolley back to the stop nearest the restaurant, identified themselves, and secured the reserved table. The old folks showed up a few minutes later, well lubed and hungry for oysters on the half shell. Being from the deep south, Chris and Jo had no idea there were dozens of varieties and sizes of oysters; you don't have choices like that from the Gulf of Mexico!

Their meals were better than delicious, and they enjoyed their dinner companions even more. The good times of Friday seemed most unlikely after the rough times of Tuesday and Wednesday, but no one and nothing seemed off. Somehow, surviving the trauma had made them close friends with the Ellisons.

Chris got a text as the meal was ending; he smiled as he read it, but said nothing. Later, Chris went to the restroom with his dad, and they both came back with subtle smiles. Jo was curious, but not as curious as Debora.

When they went out to the Suburban, Debora asked, "So what are you two up to?"

"Not a thing, Honey, don't worry your pretty little head about us!" replied Dan, with a wink to Chris.

Jo said nothing until they were alone in their bedroom. "Was that about the lake place?"

"Yes and no. Yes, Tina made an offer for us on the lake property, but no, because what we were smiling about is the owners accepted my offer on the Kittler property! The survey crew has been onsite all day, and the tittle company has already completed the tittle search. Tina started them as soon as she made our offer, and they told Tina it was easy as they get. The same family has owned it from start until now, the wills are clear and legally enforceable, it has never had a lien, and the taxes have always been paid on time.

"Assuming the survey crew doesn't encounter problems, we can close as soon as next week!"

"So Mom doesn't know about this either?" Jo asked incredulously.

"Nope, and neither do my sisters. I want to fix it up, and then invite them down to see it as a showplace!" Chris replied.

"No, you need to let them see it now, before you start the renovations, and then bring them back when you're through!" she insisted, and, after an explanation, her argument prevailed.