The Girl from the Ouachita Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"To what do I owe the honor?" he asked. "I certainly didn't expect to see you two when I got home!"

Jo jumped up and ran headlong to him, jumped into his arms like a four-year-old, and gave him a very warm kiss. Kate smiled in welcome, giggled at her roommate's antics, and answered.

"The dorm was swarming with football players who just graduated from high school, transferred in, or stayed for summer workouts, and they were planning a party on fourth floor. We knew we wouldn't get any studying done with that going on, so we came over here. You don't mind, do you?"

"Do I mind coming home to find two gorgeous girls clad in tiny rompers sitting at my table? No, I can't say that I do; but it begets two questions: Jo, did you show Kate around the old place, and have you guys eaten?"

Kate answered again, "Oh, we spent the first hour just looking around at everything, and I have to tell you, this is the most fantastic house I've ever been in! Jo showed me the 'before' pictures, and all I could say is you must be a magician too!"

Jo interjected, "And no, we haven't eaten and we're starving! What are you going to fix us while we study?"

"I have several packages of fresh ground sirloin and homemade buns from the butcher shop over on Camp Bowie, Romaine lettuce, the first ripe tomatoes from our little garden, and chips. I'll make burgers if you two will help with the condiments and cleanup."

"Deal!" they echoed.

After they scarfed their burgers, Kate enthused, "Jo, I think we should so all our studying over here! This beautiful house, a big hunk to cook for us, and the best burgers I've ever eaten! I could do this every night!"

"You're welcome, and you are welcome anytime. I even have extra bedrooms if you want to crash here for the night. I cook a pretty good breakfast too, and I grind my Costa Rican coffee beans at HEB."

"Jo, that's an offer we can't turn down!" Kate said to her roommate, who had moved from her chair to Chris' lap. "Although I can see you're not really in the mood to study anymore; so much for your perfect GPA!"

Jo wiggled on his lap, gave him a quick kiss, and told Kate to help her clean up so they could finish studying. Two hours later, Chris put up his laptop and went to take a shower; the girls were still hard at it when he finished, so he called goodnight and went to bed.

He was lying on his back, dreaming about a gorgeous blonde and a luscious brunette when he felt a small hand grab his hard cock and hold it upright while a wet inferno slid down on it. He moaned, grabbed her by the hips, and met her thrust for thrust. She was doing a better-than-normal job of keeping the noise down, until her climax struck and she loudly expressed her appreciation.

She would come to rue the momentary loss of control, because Kate never let her live it down, and could repeat her histrionics word for word and squeal per squeal in the most embarrassing settings.

They left after a breakfast of biscuits and sausage gravy with grits, fresh squeezed OJ, and lots of coffee, well prepared for class.

Only Jo returned that evening. She was tired, but triumphant about the test, which she and Kate both aced. Chris cooked a goulash with the ground sirloin, Calabaza squash, and tomatoes; he sprinkled cheese on it, and offered it up with chips and guacamole. She had skipped lunch, so more than her share was consumed.

After the meal and a replay of the test questions and her answers, Chris grew serious. "Jo, I went to see your mother yesterday. I was planning to have my attorney call her and ask if she would talk to me, but she called him and asked me to come visit her.

"Strange coincidence, right? Anyway, I went, and I was shocked. She was wearing jailhouse orange, but she was clean and looked so much better than at the apartment. More importantly, she was sober, coherent, and she apologized to me!

"She's in a twelve-step program there, and she's already at step nine. That's when they use the list of people they've wronged they developed in step eight to begin trying to make things right with them.

"You're going to ask why me and not you: because the program doesn't allow her to contact anyone if doing so will cause more harm to them. She knows how much damage she did to you, and she feels you seeing her -- even to apologize -- will hurt you again."

Jo was biting her bottom lip, her eyes were scrunched together, and her disbelief was obvious.

"She was sober?"

"Yes, the program is for drug and alcohol addiction. It's possible she might be able to get drugs in jail, or later in prison, but she is trying hard to get clean, and she said she hasn't used since she was jailed. She's also getting counseling, she is working on getting a GED, and learning a trade or occupation she can use to support herself when she gets out. She accepted a plea deal for seven years in prison, with five years' probation. She will only be 43 when she gets out, even if she serves the full sentence, which is unlikely."

Jo took a deep breath, and explained her obvious skepticism. "When she was sober, she was very convincing. She was quitting, she wouldn't do it anymore, and so on and so forth. An hour later she was chugging whiskey or strung out on some drug. Maybe she'll get dried out in prison and never use again, but I'm not going to believe it until I see it!"

"I understand. Would you like to see her? Hear what she has to say? If you think you want to, I can go with you, or not, as you choose. I don't know her like you do, but she was very convincing."

"Let me sleep on it; we can talk more tomorrow," Jo replied noncommittedly.

Two days later, they met, with Chris standing outside the small room. Jo was cool to cold, mom was emotionally apologetic, readily confessing to the many ways she had neglected or caused harm to her daughter. Sober, she was appalled by her failure to protect her young daughter from Elwood and his sons, and especially for telling her she should just accept their advances to help her out.

She explained that they used the Find My Phone app on her old iPhone to track her to Fort Worth, but swore Elwood promised they would only talk to her about coming home with mamma. By the time they got through Dallas, though, they had started using cocaine and the plan changed. When they got to the apartment, she was so high and they were so assertive about forcing her to come with them, it started making sense to her. She apologized for the way Jo was taken and tied, for Elwood slapping her, and for standing back instead of protecting her daughter.

She promised the first time she heard about their plan to sell her to the highest bidder was when Elton mentioned it to keep Elwood from beating her anymore. She apologized for not knowing, and for not trying to stop them when she did.

Jo slowly thawed, and came to accept her mother's apologies and intentions as sincere. She doubted the intentions to better herself would last, but she was willing to continue to visit while she was in Fort Worth. They agreed to meet again in one week.

Jo was quiet on the way back to the house, during supper, and in their bed.

The next morning, though, she was back to normal. "I worked it out. I'm not expecting her to succeed, so I won't be hurt again when she fails - but I'm willing to support her efforts by meeting with her. Maybe if she knows what I'm doing, and hears about you, your family, and our life together, it will give her the heart and strength to keep trying."

That afternoon Jo was so excited she almost knocked him down when he walked in. "You aren't going to believe what happened! Donna got into TCU! They already paid her deposit! She's coming to school here in the fall! That's just two months away! I'm so excited!"

Chris raised an eyebrow. "So that's why I got a cryptic text message that my loving family is flying in tomorrow and wants to stay at the house. The message said they had big news, but gave no details. You get a phone call and they tell you everything! I guess that shows me where I stand in the pecking order!"

"Don't be jealous, Honey -- she's my sister too and I talk to her every day, one way or another."

"What? You don't even talk to me every day, 'one way or another'!"

"You old folks don't do social media like us young people, or I'd hit you up every day too!" she teased.

"Sounds to me like you young'uns need more to do! I'm too busy to waste time on that Tik-Tok crap, and it's going to get worse next month when graduate classes are added to my day."

"That doesn't scare me for the six weeks I'm going to be with you, but it terrifies me for the fall semester!" Jo exclaimed. "We are going to need social media, our phones, and a lot of facetime to survive being apart that long!"

****

Jo used his truck to pick up the Alexanders from DFW airport and bring them 'home'; he used 'her' jeep to go to work. Trey called him about 1:30 and asked where he was. "At work, of course. Why -- do you need something?"

"No, but you need to get your butt home -- your family is here!"

"Jo picked them up at 10:30 and she let me know they took her out to eat. She's taking good care of them, and I'm trying to push this project before I leave."

"Chris, as good as you are, this project will be completed next year without your constant oversight, and there isn't much more you're going to accomplish today. Take the rest of the day off and go be with your family: that's an order!"

He snuck out hoping no one saw him, and feeling guilty every step.

The guilt disappeared when the hugs started, and when he complained about his girlfriend having to tell him his sister was coming to school here, he got mock sympathy. "Poor, poor baby! So mistreated!" was his mother's uncompassionate response, while petting his shoulder. Diane stuck out her bottom lip and said, "Wah, Wah" while rubbing her eyes.

Jo and his dad just laughed, but Donna saved his feelings when she wrapped him in a big hug, looked up at him, and vowed, "I wanted to tell you in person, so I could see your face! I'm mad at Jo for telling you! Now you're mad at me instead of being happy I'm going to be close to you!"

Chris looked at his dad, looked back at Donna, and said, "About that... I start a one-year graduate program in Architectural Engineering in July. It's at Colorado University in Boulder, so I won't be living here until next July."

The pitiful look on her face broke his heart, so her hurried on. "I'll be back every holiday, starting on Labor Day, so I'll be wherever you, Jo, and our family are for Thanksgiving and Christmas, and I'll probably stay until January 5th. I'll take vacation time for spring break to come see y'all, the three-day Easter break, and again after exams. Then the first summer session and I'm done! It won't be long at all; kind of like the way it's been since I graduated from UT!"

"What do you mean, "take vacation time'? Why would you need to take vacation time from school?" she asked with a furrowed brown, while still clinging to him.

"Part of my agreement with CU is that I'll get credits for being the assistant project manager for a building Beck Construction is erecting in Boulder. Beck will keep paying my salary, and they are also paying for grad school. I'll miss being here with you guys, but it's the opportunity of a lifetime.

"And, I promised Jo an American Airlines travel card so she can come see me whenever she has time. I can get you one too, if you want one."

"We already promised her one she can use to come home. If she uses it to go see you, that's fine too," interjected his dad.

Donna turned to Jo and asked, "Have you asked him yet?"

"No, I was waiting for you and Kate, so we can gang up on him. Kate's on her way over if you want to wait, or we can do it now."

"Let's wait -- we need all the help we can get!"

"What..." he started to ask, but his mother took his arm and said, "Show us what you've gotten done since we were here a month ago!"

Kate walked in just as they were leaving the dining area; Jo told her, "Come on; we're giving the Alexanders the grand tour!"

The bigger changes were outside, but Jo wanted to show them the furniture she selected for the other three bedrooms, and that Chris selected for the third floor loft and bedroom. As they surveyed the second floor 'guest' bedrooms, Chris noticed for the first time that each was more 'feminine' than he remembered.

Kate took particular interest in the one, which she proclaimed was her "dream bedroom, better than the one at home!" She hugged Jo and told her she did a magnificent job!

Donna was more impressed with the second, which featured a lot of her trademark pink; she proclaimed it was "Perfect!" and hugged Jo when she did.

His mother raved about the larger third guestroom, which had a Queen-size bed, and Diane thought the dormer loft was the most beautiful room she'd ever been in!

They all filed downstairs, wanting to see the garden, the newly planted turf yard, the remodeled garage, and the work begun on the barn that Jo was busily telling them about.

When they got to the base of the stairs, however, Chris ordered, "Stop! I may have been born at night, but it wasn't last night! I've been conned all along, haven't I?

"Who's been in on this plot from the beginning?"

The four women played at looking innocent, but Chris' daddy stood beside him, gave them a hard look, and said, "So this is why I didn't need to make a dorm deposit, Donna?"

The three girls and his mother linked arms and looked defiant. Finally Jo spoke up, "Honey, I don't want to stay in that stupid dorm another day, and neither does Kate. The football players and fraternity boys are always dropping and trying to get us to go somewhere with them, even when we're studying!

This big old house would just be sitting here while you're gone, with rats and coons trying to move in! But if we were here, we could take care of everything for you!"

Kate said, "I'll be glad to pay rent, Chris! This is so much better than a dorm, and my parents love the idea, so they will pay whatever you want!"

Donna chimed in, "And we PROMISE, we won't have parties here or tear anything up!"

Chris stepped toward her, pointed his finger at her, and declared, "I just watched you give me puppy dog eyes and look all sad about me being gone, like you didn't know! You're a liar and consummate actress -- why would I believe your promise, anyway?"

Donna looked devastated, so mom stepped up. "It isn't a sinister plot, Chris. They really will take care of this wonderful old home for you. As you said, it's only for a year, and you'll be back often enough to check on them anyway."

"Oh, I won't have to come back to check on them! The security company is coming tomorrow to install alarms and cameras all over the property and in the house, and I can check every camera on my laptop or phone, even in Colorado!

"You girls still want to stay here?" he challenged.

They exchanged looks, nodded each other, and Jo declared, "That makes it even better! Our only concern was safety, but we're all accomplished shooters so we were going to get a few guns for protection. Having alarms, cameras, and a security company just adds another layer!"

Kate grinned, "So, will there be cameras in every room?"

Donna looked alarmed; "Surely not in the bedrooms and bathrooms, Chris!"

"I didn't think anyone would be here, so I told them to make the place secure. I don't know where they are going to place the cameras, which have video AND audio! Probably in every room -- why, you two planning on having guests?"

"No, you perve!" Donna declared. "We don't want you watching us, especially your little sister - that's disgusting!"

Chris was grinning at them; Jo was frowning, but Kate looked pleased by the idea.

"Chris, Honey, you aren't really going to put them in the bedrooms and baths, are you? Even Donna and Kate's rooms?" Jo asked with distress in her voice.

"I'll keep the bedroom cameras off, unless I see boys sneaking down the hall to a room. Don't worry; they are so tiny you can't see them, so you'll never know they are there anyway. Unless you bring one of your football players or frat rats into my bedroom..."

Kate started chuckling and then laughing loudly. She walked over to Chris, put her hand on his arm, winked, and said, "I'm not shy! You can watch me anytime you want, Big Guy!"

Jo hurried over, slapped Kate on the arm, and gave her a look that could kill; she turned to Chris with a pleading look, and saw he was about to bust a gut. She looked back at Kate, and saw she was also seconds from bursting out laughing. "That's not funny, you two!"

But it was, and everyone in the room began laughing at Jo's expense. She pouted for a few seconds, then slapped Chris on the chest and joined in. When things calmed down, she turned to Kate and said, "Bitch, your invitation is withdrawn! I know how you like to parade around practically naked!"

Kate gathered Jo in her arms, laughed again, and then said, "I couldn't help it! The look on your face when you considered Chris watching all of us on his laptop was just too much! Jealous much?"

"Yes, you bitch! I know your exhibitionist tendencies too well!" she replied with faux anger. Kate only hugged her harder.

When Kate turned her loose, Jo turned to Chris and saucily said, "I kind of like the idea of a camera in our bedroom -- we won't have to Facetime so much, and both of my hands will be free!"

Chris turned red, Donna yelled, "JO!", and mom and dad burst out laughing again. Kate, with her back to everyone else, stood behind Jo, winked at him again and mouthed, "Me too."

****

The tour of the grounds, garden, and out buildings was far less intense, but drew similarly positive commentary. "We'll keep the garden going and take care of the lawn and shrubs, Chris," his sister proclaimed. "You know I have a green thumb!"

It was getting late, so they decided to eat out tonight and grill Saturday night. Debora asked about inviting the Becks over and making a big to-do about it. Chris was skeptical at first, but it was his last chance for a year, he had to be here tomorrow for the security installation, and he wanted to try his new, supersize pit with smoker that one of the welders on his crew made for him.

He decided to invite all his bosses and their wives; what the hell, it's just a few more briskets! He sent the texts.

Three bosses had other plans, but Trey, Jim Bob, and Bob Elliot would be coming with their wives, so they headed down to the HEB in Burleson after their meal. They bought four market-trimmed briskets and a half dozen rings of sausage, then added veges they could grill - ears of corn still in the shucks, large zucchini squash, bacon-wrapped asparagus, and stuffed Jalapenos.

They put their groceries and a few cases of beer in the bed of the pickup, but mom kept the bottles of wine and mixers in the front with her.

Chris was up early to start the post oak and mesquite fires in the fire pit. More split logs would be added throughout the day to replenish the coals he removed and placed in the pit and smoker. He would add the sausage and veges in about seven hours, an hour before the brisket was ready to wrap in butcher paper and "rest" in an empty 72-quart ice chest.

He might be from Tennessee, where barbeque was done differently, but he'd been in Texas long enough to learn the Texans' way. Now to perfect his skills, and impress his bosses at the same time.

Chris came back in and helped his dad cook breakfast for the women, then woke them by beating on their doors and screaming "BREAKFAST IS READY!" They paraded down the stairs in colorful robes and house shoes, rubbing sleep out of their eyes and fingers through their mussy hair.

After breakfast, Chris insisted they all go shopping so they wouldn't be in the way of the security installation. They suspected he didn't want them to know where the cameras were hidden, but he ascribed the need to Jo not having proper summer wear for Colorado, much less Texas.