The Girl in the Iron Mask

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Then incredibly I fall asleep.

Chapter 4: The Cage

I'm woken by the sound and feel of my box being moved. My sexual cravings have dulled for the moment, but they've not entirely disappeared. I'm bursting to relieve myself but I resist the degrading act for the moment. My chastity belt is shaped to allow me to piss and shit, although neither in comfort. I don't want to soil myself if I can avoid it as it would only be another step on the slippery slope to my total degradation.

The box is put down and the lid unlocked. Maeve stands there looking at me. One of her attendants checks my box and, at Maeve's command, unfastens the ankle chains keeping me locked inside the box.

"Get out of the box, slave," orders Maeve.

I could refuse, but it would be a pointless defiance. I struggle to sit up and then raise myself to my feet. The box had been placed next to a newly built wooden plinth in an annex of Maeve's throne room. An iron cage has been constructed next to the plinth.

"Welcome to your new home, slave," smirks Maeve. "Behave and you'll be allowed to reside inside the cage when I'm not in need of your services. Disobey me and you'll be returned to your box. Your choice."

I look at the cage. It's not very large; too small to allow me to stand upright, but I could sit or crouch, and it's wide enough that I could lie down. Small it might be, but it would allow me more freedom than the casket. But at what price is this pseudo-freedom granted?

"Today we shall resume your training," says Maeve. "I intend to have you broken in to my satisfaction by the end of the week. You have four days, slave. If I'm satisfied that you are truly mine, then you'll save Nisa from further punishment. You alone are responsible for her fate. And if she should die from Cairn's attentions, then I can find plenty more to replace her."

Four days. Can I find a way to restore my magic power in such a short time? Unlikely. Even if I can get myself free of this mask and my fetters, four days is precious little time. While I'm encased in iron, restoring my power will be impossible. Maeve signals for Nisa to join us.

"I've made Nisa responsible for your training. Obey her as though you are obeying me. She will report your progress at the end of each day. Both of you will be rewarded or punished as I think fit depending on your progress."

Nisa waits while Maeve strolls across the room towards a waiting chair. She clearly intends to watch the first part of my training. I look at Nisa. She seems very nervous, but she's resigned to her task. I'm in a quandary. As Maeve demonstrated yesterday, she's more than happy to play on my guilt when I'm faced with someone else suffering for my defiance. It's a far more effective weapon than beating me into submission.

Nisa begins by going through some basic rules I'm expected to follow. Firstly, I'm not allowed to speak without permission. She shows me the signal I'm to give if I want to ask for permission. There's another signal I must give if I need to perform a bodily function. More signals for when I complete an assigned task, or if I don't understand an instruction. Then there are postures I'm expected to adopt in different circumstances. Those are a bit of a joke while I'm bound by these heavy chains. Nevertheless, Nisa has me practise them repeatedly. Only when she is satisfied with my attempts does she respond to my increasingly urgent signals, and allow me to relieve myself in the small chamber pot in the corner of the room. I shuffle off as quickly as I can manage with Nisa following close behind. It's embarrassing having to relieve myself in Nisa's presence, but she is clearly expected to be in attendance. We return to where we were before and resume my training.

The next part of my training could only be described as physical exercises. I'm ordered to walk about the annex and throne room as quickly as I can manage in my fetters. It's difficult to say whether the purpose of the exercise is to build up my muscles, or simply to provide amusement for Maeve. The motion aggravates the sores forming around my wrists and ankles from my fetters. Maeve clearly enjoys seeing me suffer and being bent to her will. But she has a long way to go before she breaks my willpower. To be honest, I don't know why she's wasting her time with this performance. I might be forced to comply while I'm bound as I am, but she must know that she'll lose control the moment I'm free.

Finally we stop for a break. Food and drink arrive. For the first time since my capture I'm allowed to eat and drink normally. At least, as normal as anyone can eat and drink through one side of their mouth. The iron mask effectively blocks anything from passing into the left side of my mouth. Nisa is looking increasingly nervous as we prepare for the next session. Maeve decides to leave us for now and moments later Nisa and I are alone.

"You must remember the signals and postures. I'm not allowed to show you them again. Now lie on the floor. I'm sorry for what I must do next, but I have no choice. My mother will be handed over to Cairn tonight for his pleasure if I fail in my task."

I want to tell Nisa that I don't blame her, but I remember that I'm not allowed to speak without permission. Nisa refuses my signal requesting permission to speak, but I think she understands. The threat to Noor is aimed at obtaining Nisa's compliance rather than trying to defeat me.

I soon realise that although Nisa is reluctant to be my trainer, she is nevertheless exceptionally good at the task of breaking in a new slave. She must have done this several times before. However, I'm probably the first Human-Fae half blood she's been tasked with breaking. Her technique will only affect a Fae, and she's clearly uncertain whether it will work on me. However, that doesn't weaken her obvious determination to succeed.

To break a human slave, he or she would be beaten and deprived of the basic necessities of life until they capitulated. For the strong minded that could take weeks, or even months. Breaking in a Fae slave is more subtle. It's a simple matter of a dominant Fae overpowering the magic possessed by a lesser Fae. The inherent magic possessed by every Fae can be manipulated to work against its carrier. Not to the extent that the magic can be used to kill its carrier, but enough to render it ineffective if it isn't used as the dominant Fae commands. Furthermore, should the dominant Fae so desire, the open door created by the lesser Fae yielding control of their magic can be used to influence what the lesser Fae believes.

Maeve is the most dominant Fae alive. She wouldn't still be the Fae queen if that wasn't the case. She has ruthlessly usurped her followers own magic powers; she's twisted their beliefs to the extent that none of them question the rightness of Maeve's demands. Her plan for me is simple. Through a mixture of pain and reward she intends to rip open a door into the source of my magic, and implant her own values and beliefs into my mind. If she succeeds I really will become her helpless slave, never questioning the commands Maeve gives me. I may be powerful enough to cause Maeve significant damage, but if my mind is dominated by Maeve's beliefs and values, then I would never consider doing such an act. This is undoubtedly her goal.

Nisa's role is to chip away at the natural barriers protecting my magic, until a large enough crack or opening allows Maeve to burst into my mind. The depleted state of my power makes Nisa's task easier. The very opening she is trying to force is also being created by my own power seeking a channel through which it can restore itself. The iron mask and fetters serve to focus my power's search for a channel. My own power's need for renewal is actually helping Maeve's cause. It must be why the iron mask leaves the lower right side of my face exposed. It's a trap to lure my power into creating a channel at that spot. A place where Nisa is silently probing carefully with her magic.

There are flaws in Maeve's plan. I doubt whether she knows if this technique will work on a Human-Fae half-blood. It's probably why she used her magic to probe me yesterday. And even if she influences my beliefs, my mixed blood may weaken her imposition so that her hold is only temporary. Even with pure blooded Fae, her hold over their beliefs erodes over time. It's why she cannot risk leaving Doranelle for an extended period of time, nor allow her minions to be absent for too long. She needs to constantly renew her control.

Nisa's probing is not as subtle as Maeve's, and I can detect where she is looking. During my last visit to Doranelle, Maeve said that my ability to detect probing magic is a very rare talent. Nisa probably doesn't know such an ability exists. In the circumstances I've no intention of telling her. I must hope that I can control my own power's quest for renewal so as to keep it away from Nisa's search.

"You have a strong natural resistance," concedes Nisa after half an hour of fruitless probing. "I'm sorry, but we must try another way. Stand up and face the cage."

Nisa must have anticipated failure as she has an alternative plan in reserve. I struggle to my feet, careful not to reveal that I know what she's just been doing. I face the cage as Nisa demands and wait for whatever is to happen next. To my horror I realise Nisa has more of the spray that was used on me yesterday. It's the most effective weapon against me in Maeve's arsenal. My loins are already stirring even before Nisa squirts a gentle mist of the stuff into my face. She takes extra care not to inhale the mist herself, since she too would be affected by it.

I try not to breathe in the mist, but enough settles on my mask and face around my nose for the powerful male musk to trigger the expected response. I resist the temptation to use my hands to strengthen my mounting desire. In a few minutes I'll be reduced to helplessness. I'll become obedient to any demand that might offer me the chance of satisfying my burning sexual desire. I hate myself for being so weak, but there's nothing I can do to prevent it.

I'm not certain what Nisa hopes to achieve. Yesterday, Maeve had a clear goal when she used the spray. My uncontrollable desire for sexual release made me humiliate myself in front of Maeve and her court. There's no audience today. Being degraded in private serves no useful purpose at all.

My musing is abruptly brought to an end when Cairn appears, with his whip ready in his hand. Nisa studies me carefully as I quickly reach a state of arousal. Soon I'll be unable to prevent my hands from making a futile attempt to overcome the restraint of the chastity belt. Even Cairn's presence can't stop my mounting desire.

"We are both aware that Cairn is a master of the whip," says Nisa. "But he claims to have one trick that will surprise you. I've decided that I'll let him prove his boast."

I can't believe Nisa has willingly let this monster loose on my body. Unfortunately I'm too aroused to show any anger. I'm rapidly reaching the point of desperation. A point where I would sink into the depths of depravity if it would only give me release.

"Legs apart. Hold your hands clear of your body," commands Cairn. I don't respond.

"Do as Cairn says, or I'll use more of the spray," warns Nisa.

I submit and move my legs apart and my hands as far from my body as my chains permit. I wait for more pain across my partially healed back. But Cairn's first stroke doesn't strike my back. It's my buttocks which take the force of the lash. I grit my teeth, refusing to cry out. Two more strokes land across my buttocks. Each slightly above and parallel to its predecessor. I'll not be able to sit comfortably for a while, but I doubt that will concern anybody in Doranelle.

Cairn moves position for another stroke. Despite the pain in my buttocks, my juices are beginning to flow from my loins. My arousal is reaching its peak, but I've no means of tipping myself over the edge into blissful release. Cairn studies me. He chooses his moment carefully and lets fly with his whip. But it's not across my back or my buttocks this time. His whip finds its way between my legs and lands along the length on the small slit in my chastity belt that allows me to piss. The whip finds it way between the two sides of the slit and hits my swollen cunt. The pain is unbelievable and I nearly pass out. But it also achieves the one thing that nothing else has done so far. My body starts jerking uncontrollably. Partly from the pain, but also because Cairn's whip has provided me with what I needed the most at the moment. A powerful orgasm explodes inside me.

I look at Cairn and see a satisfied smirk on his face. I feel ashamed. Humiliated. Degraded. My most hated enemy has found a way to control me. What's worse, I meekly obey when Nisa orders me to thank him for his treatment. He knows that before long I'll be broken and yearning for the feel of his lash between my legs again. I'm completely undone. There's no way back to normality for me from here. Maeve will win. No. Maeve has already won.

Chapter 5: Swaying

Nisa tells Cairn to leave. An order he surprisingly obeys at once. Then Nisa tells me to fetch a bucket of water and clean myself up. There's remarkably little blood. My buttocks sting from the three parallel welts, but the flesh isn't broken. It's the blow between my legs which is the most in need of soothing. Unfortunately it's the wound neither of us can reach at all. I detect Nisa's magic probing the area around my cunt and I sense her invisible healing touch. It's an act of kindness that I shan't forget.

"You did well," praises Nisa. "The swaying has worked. Maeve will be pleased with your progress. We might both be rewarded for today's results if you can maintain this behaviour."

I don't follow what Nisa means by swaying. I've been abused, degraded, and humiliated. My worst enemy has seen me debase myself before his lash. What's worse, I'll probably want a repeat of the experience before my training is over. I'm helpless and at Maeve's mercy. I'm losing my resolve to resist.

Food and water arrive a short while later. Nisa allows me to rest and use the chamber pot. More physical exercises conclude the day's training. I don't even think of resisting when Nisa demands that I kneel and bow before her when the day's training is done.

I'm rewarded by being locked in the cage rather than the box. As a special treat I'm given a thin mattress, although I'm warned that the privilege may be removed tomorrow if I backslide in my training. I lie down and count my few blessings. I'm free of the iron box. Maeve and Nisa seem pleased with my progress. And thanks to Cairn's whip I've experienced the most sensational orgasm I could imagine. I fall into a contented sleep.

It's dark when I wake. Something is wrong. My earlier contentment is replaced with a feeling of disgust. I realise that none of my feelings when I entered this cage were really mine. Nisa managed to find an opening into my source of magic while I was distracted by my primal urges and Cairn's whip. She's implanted some alien thoughts and beliefs into my mind. Only a few for the moment, but as each day passes, she'll widen that opening until Maeve can come along and force her entire set of values and beliefs into my mind. I must find a way to prevent it. But how? I didn't detect Nisa's violation of my mind at the time. She only needs to use that spray again and I'll be equally helpless. Cairn's presence was only needed to distract me and prove to Nisa that she had succeeded in her attack. Had I been myself, then I'd never have thanked Cairn for his brutal treatment of my body.

I reach into my source of power. There's a tiny amount of new power there, but not enough to be useful. I try to locate the weak point where Nisa broke through my defences. Although I sense Nisa's invasion, there's no sign of where she entered. Invading another Fae's source of power is something I've never experienced before, although Rowan has talked about it from time to time. It's his stories that provide me with what little knowledge I have on the subject.

I lie there unable to go back to sleep. I must find a way to resist. I mustn't let Maeve defeat me. Once I'm in her thrall, then the wyrdkeys are as good as hers. I'm a living wyrdkey hunter. Some unique portion of my power enables me to track the wyrdkeys. I was given that power by some divine force for the sole purpose of crafting a new lock for the wyrdkeys. A lock to what is anybody's guess. According to legend, doing so will render the wyrdkeys harmless, banish Erawan and his dark hordes forever, and kill me. I've no problem with the first two parts of my divine mission, but the last part hardly excites me.

The annex where my cage is located is kept lit by six flaming torches around the walls. Fire. My birthright. I mentally reach out to touch the flames of the nearest torch. A silly act, really. If my real hand touched the torch, then the flames would burn me as much as they would anybody else. It's wildfire which is special. Supernatural fire. It's a gift and a curse. Even Maeve fears wildfire, but she needs control over it though me. Wildfire is what Erawan's demons are unable to resist. I exhausted my magical powers by destroying wave after wave of Erawan's hordes in Eyllwe. Only then did Maeve make her move.

I mentally play with the torch. Not for any real purpose. Just an act to distract me from my predicament. The flame flickers when I probe it's appearance. A coincidence perhaps, but it reassures me that in time I won't be this helpless slave. I imagine blowing out the torch. To my surprise the torch struggles for a while before resuming its normal glow. Another coincidence? Probably. It can't be my influence. That's something which should be impossible while I'm wearing all this iron.

The next morning Nisa arrives with my breakfast. A more substantial meal than previously. It's probably intended as a reward for my good progress yesterday. Nisa has me complete my ablutions before commencing today's training. She has me lie down as she did yesterday. I sense her magic probing. This time it is clearly focussed on the exposed part of my face. I feel a slight surge of power and realise that she's reopened the tiny invisible channel which she succeeded in opening yesterday. I focus on what is happening. It's a clever trick. She is using my own power's need for renewal to force open a wide enough channel into my mind. It's through the opening that she can influence my values and beliefs. My own power is being made to betray me. The tiny trickle of power Nisa is feeding into my own source is tricking it into widening the channel in search of a stronger flow of new power.

Suddenly I sense a link between our minds. Strangely its a two-way link, suggesting that I could influence Nisa's mind as much as she can influence mine. Does she realise this? Has she made a mistake through her ignorance of my rare ability to detect probing magic? I try touching her mind. I'm a complete novice at this and I don't want to alert her to my presence. I can't detect what Nisa is doing inside my mind, even though I know she's at work. At first I limit my intrusion to examining the structure of what I mentally see through the link. To comprehend what I sense, I perceive her mind like a huge library of books. Ordered in some fashion, but in what way is beyond my understanding. I also see what I can only describe as an untidy pile of books blocking access to some of the others. Somehow I sense that this untidy pile represents the thoughts and beliefs imposed by Maeve on Nisa's mind. I mentally pick one of the imaginary books from the pile and examine it. I lack the skill to interpret its contents, but it has a feeling of wrongness. My reaction to the wrongness is to want to destroy it. A flicker of wildfire created by my mind reduces the imaginary book to ash. Fortunately, Nisa doesn't seem to notice. I retreat from exploring her mind further and focus on trying to protect mine.