The Gray Man Ch. 28 - Rubicon

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Isabella had never used more than two fingers so the third one was surprisingly tight - and felt really good. She fucked them deep up inside and rocked her hips about, shaking her own bed and moaning loudly.

Her orgasm was even more intense than the last as she sampled a big taste of forbidden with a topping of wickedness. Never before had these thoughts crossed her mind and now she lay panting in bed wondering if she would ever be able to stop thinking about Gray and his cock.

While Angela nor TJ had heard Isabella's frustration, the same couldn't be said for Gretchen. To her horror, Isabella had not closed the door to her bedroom and cleared her eyes to see Gretchen leaning against the door frame. The strawberry blonde woman sighed, "Welcome to my world, Isabella. Welcome to my world."

Embarrassed, Isabella watched Gretchen turn and slowly walk down the hall to her bedroom.

There was an uncomfortable silence the next morning. The girls sat at the table drinking coffee. Gray came down and filled his cup and headed up to take a shower. Angela's flight left for the west coast at 11 AM, TJ had scheduled a meeting with Allen Babin and Isabella was going to head home for a couple of days while Aisha took over protection duties with Gretchen.

Gray had left his phone on the counter in the kitchen. He had it set to vibrate and before he came back downstairs it had vibrated four times in a very short period of time.

When TJ walked back into the dining area Isabella looked at him, "Phone has been going a bit nuts, boss."

Gray picked up his phone, unlocked it and started to read the messages. The color drained from his face before it was replaced with a pale red that went up to the base of his ears which had seemingly folded back on his head.

Angela knew that body language all too well, "What's wrong, Gray?"

TJ shook his head, "It's Ashley, Damian's widow. Fuck, I need to call her. If y'all will excuse me."

TJ stepped onto the back deck, still covered with the fresh snow from the previous night. He was still in his bare feet, but he didn't seem to mind.

Isabella cocked one eyebrow and looked to Angela who quietly said, "Damian was on Gray's team. He was one of the one's killed when the MH-6 went down." Angela watched her lover as he paced on the porch. "I don't know what's going on, but he is pissed."

Gretchen rolled her eyes, "When's he not pissed?"

Isabella had often allowed Gretchen the space to rant and rave about her trauma and the blame she held over Gray. This time though she almost growled, "Gretchen, this anger is going to destroy you. TJ is a good man, a decorated war hero who would take a bullet for you. He's been captured, tortured, and abused for trying to help others. He carries the weight of all of those killed trying to save him. Now, he carries the guilt of not being able to stop what happened to you and Angela. You need to give him a break. Either find a bit of compassion, or step out of his life. It's not fair of you to continually berate him when he's doing the best that he can and busting his ass to earn your forgiveness."

Gretchen sat transfixed on a painting that was on the wall that she had purchased for Gray years ago. A painting of the Whitefish Point lighthouse during night when the "gales of November came early." on Lake Superior. The painting captured the storm whipping at the structure on the night of November 10th, 1975. The light pierced the night into the rage of the storm as the mighty SS Edmund Fitzgerald plunged to her doom 17 miles away. Growing up, it was Gray's favorite place to visit.

Truthfully, the lighthouse had always thought her cousin to be like that lighthouse. Standing strong, doing what was right even when the cause was lost. She was singing to herself, "Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?" when Gray walked back into the room.

"I need to go," was his simple comment.

Angela stood, "What's going on Teej?"

TJ sighed, "That was Ashley, Damien's wife. The house she and the girls lived in had belonged to Damien's grandmother. Damien's dad had promised Ashley that she could live there for as long as she wanted. Well, Damien's grandmother died 3 years ago, and his dad was killed by a drunk driver last Friday night."

Gretchen's hands went to her mouth as Gray continued, "The funeral was Tuesday and the following Friday morning Damien's sister Elena and her attorney showed up at the school that Ashley teaches out with with a bunch of legal documents. They're threatening to sell the house and the property. They gave her 30 days to vacate."

Gretchen sighed, "I don't see how you can help, she needs a good attorney."

TJ looked at his cousin, "She's a single mom raising two girls. Elena is a CFO of a major firm. Even if Elena could afford an attorney, Elena would bleed her dry. Damian died trying to save me and I will not turn my back on Ashley and the girls. I promised at his funeral that if she ever needed anything to call. This is the first time she's called."

Gretchen sighed, "I still don't see what you can do to help."

TJ shrugged, "I don't either, I'll figure it out as I go."

His cousin shook her head, "Great plan."

Angela shook her head, "First, you never make anything up as you go along. You usually have 3 contingencies for every possible roadblock. Second, Gretchen is right, she needs an attorney, a good attorney that can practice law in the state they live in."

TJ looked at Gretchen, "They live in Traverse City, Michigan."

For the first time in two months a twinkle reached Gretchen's eyes. "I need to pack, what time do we leave?"

TJ paused for what felt like 30 minutes, "Allen Babin will have his plane ready in an hour. He hates bullies as much as I do. I told him I needed to take Angela to Reagan. He said he'll have the HondaJet flown up from Roanoke and ready for us at the Signature Aviation Terminal at Hangar 7."

Gretchen looked at Isabella, "Would you be willing to take me home to pack and then either you or Aisha take me to Reagan?"

Isabella smiled at the breakthrough that she was watching, "I think we can arrange that if it's good with The Boss."

TJ nodded, "Make it happen."

90 minutes later the Honda Jet left the ground from Reagan, climbing into the snowy late morning sky. They began their descent into Traverse City just a couple of hours later. The flight was quiet. Gretchen didn't say much and barely looked at her cousin. Instead she spent the flight looking at Michigan Case Law and typing on her laptop. Gray thought this could be a long week.

The sleek Honda Jet touched down at Traverse City's Cherry Capital Airport on a cold and blustery winter afternoon. Gretchen and Gray stepped off the private plane, their breath forming small clouds in the frigid air.

Allen had even arranged for a rental car to be waiting for them at the hangar. Gray looked at his watch, it was just after 2:00. Time for them to get to the Grand Traverse County Courthouse for the first step of their mission. A sense of urgency filled the air as they pulled out of the airport.

Inside the courthouse, they were met by a stern-faced clerk who listened to their plea. Gretchen presented her credentials then provided her written request for a temporary restraining order to prevent Elaina Mitchell, Ashley's sister-in-law, from forcing her out of the family home. The clerk nodded, acknowledging the urgency of the situation, and quickly processed their request.

With the restraining order granted, Gretchen and Gray felt a momentary sense of relief. They knew the battle was far from over, but at least they had bought Ashley some time to sort things out.

Leaving the courthouse, they drove to the house that had been in Damian's family and now was the home of his widow and her two children. Looking to the west the sun was beginning to dip beneath the horizon. In January, on the Leelanau Peninsula the sun dipped behind Lake Michigan early in the evening.

They arrived at Ashley's modest home, nestled in a peaceful neighborhood. The white picket fence surrounded a yard that held a small snow fort and two snowmen. The peaceful setting seemed to contrast sharply with the turmoil that had gripped their lives. Gretchen knocked on the door, her heart pounding with worry.

The door creaked open, revealing Ashley, her blonde hair framed her face. The makeup and the forced smile couldn't hide the stress and exhaustion.. She looked worn and defeated, but her spirit was still strong. The three of them sat down in the cozy living room, and Ashley explained her predicament.

"There's no documentation," she said, her voice trembling. "Just the promise of Jimmy, Damian's dad. He kept telling me that he would include it in his will, that he would have his attorney write a letter - anything. My guess is Elaina refused to let that happen." Elaina started to cry, "He said the house would be mine, but now Elaina's claiming it's all hers."

Gretchen and Gray exchanged a knowing glance. This was not good news and made the battle ahead even more difficult. The room filled with a sense of resolve as they began to strategize, determined to uncover any evidence that would prove Ashley's claim to the house and protect her from eviction.

With the weight of their task pressing down on them, Gretchen, Gray, and Ashley decided to take a break. The trio ordered a few pizzas from a local pizzeria, hoping that some comfort food would lift their spirits.

As they waited for the pizza to arrive, they continued to pour over every document they could find. Ashley had brought in file folders of everything legal she had saved from the time that Damian had been killed.. The room was dimly lit by a single lamp, casting long shadows on the worn hardwood floors.

The minutes turned into hours, and frustration began to build. They had searched tirelessly for any piece of evidence that would support Ashley's claim to the house, but nothing seemed to validate her right to it. The stack of documents, once neatly organized, had become a chaotic jumble.

Gretchen leaned back in her chair, sighing in exasperation. "This doesn't make any sense," she muttered, rubbing her temples. "There has to be something here, some proof that Jimmy intended for you to have the house."

Gray shared her frustration, his brow furrowed as he shuffled through the papers once more. "We've been through everything twice. It's like there's a missing piece to this puzzle."

Ashley's shoulders slumped as she realized the magnitude of the challenge before them. Tears welled up in her eyes, and she wiped them away with the back of her hand. "I just can't believe it. Jimmy promised me. He told me the house was mine."

After a couple of more hours Gretchen stood. "I need some time to think and make some phone calls. It's getting late."

Gray nodded, "Let's get checked in to the hotel, and get a good night's sleep. Maybe fresh minds will show us what we can't find."

As Gretchen and TJ were driving away she looked at her cousin, "We've got nothing. If this goes to court we will get laughed out of the courtroom. All we have is the PR card about Elaina throwing a poor widow and her children out of their home."

TJ sighed, "I know. From what I remember Damian saying about his sister is that she will not care. She chastised him when he enlisted because there was 'no money in that. I tried to greet her at the funeral and she made it perfectly clear that she blamed me for Damian's death and that I was beneath her. She's all about the show."

Gretchen leaned her head back in the passenger seat. "You may have to handle this your way. I can stall, but I can't create a document out of thin air."

TJ looked at his cousin, "The last I heard, you hate how I handle things. So, tell me what you are thinking."

Gretchen sighed, "Dig up the dirt, find out what we can use as leverage."

Gray shook his head, "If there isn't anything I can find."

Gretchen chuckled, "Then drive her to her knees and get a picture with your cock down her throat."

TJ sighed, "...and if she's not susceptible to my charms?"

Gretchen looked out the passenger window as the fresh snow began to fall, "I didn't say seduce her."

The rest of the drive The Hilton was silent. Only the sound of the SUV's tires crunching through the evening snow. When they arrived at the hotel and checked in TJ sent a couple of text messages to his team before he texted Gretchen, "Going to go do some looking around if you want to ride along."

A minute later there was a knock on his door. When he opened it he saw his cousin, hair pulled back into a ponytail. "Let's go, I can't look at another screen tonight."

The two drove to an exclusive neighborhood and parked outside of a 7 figure home as the snow continued to fall outside. They sat and waited. One hour turned into two.

TJ's breath misted up the window as he watched the house closely. The faint glow from the street lights cast eerie shadows across the snow. The neighborhood almost seemed devoid of life as TJ started the car to bring some heat to the cold couple.

Gretchen sighed, "Is this what you do? Just wait and watch?"

TJ chuckled, "Most of the time what I do is not glamorous. I used to say if I do my job right, this is all I do. It's when I fuck up that it gets chaotic."

As TJ finished, the garage door went up on the Mitchell home.

TJ mumbled more to himself than to his cousin, "Now, where are you going at this hour Mrs. Mitchell?"

Gretchen smirked in the darkness, "She has a lover."

TJ lifted an eyebrow, "What makes you think that?"

Gretchen turned away from the window as the Mercedes drove past, "Nobody leaves their house at this hour on a snowy night unless it's to work or to a rendezvous. My guess is a rendezvous since her husband is away on business but her kids are at home."

Gray chuckled, "You'll make a good spy, Gretch," he whispered as he turned the rental car and began to tail Elaina's Mercedes through the winding, snow-covered streets of Traverse City.

They followed as Elaina's car wandered through streets, leaving the city limits and heading north on State Route 37. Route 37 made its way up the Old Mission Peninsula, the less famous and less crowded of the two northern Michigan peninsula.

Elaina's car came to a stop in front of a secluded cabin nestled among tall pines. A soft, inviting glow emanated from the cabin's windows. Outside there was a sign, "Future Home of Old Mission Retreat Center."

TJ and Gretchen parked their car at a discreet distance and watched as Elaina stepped out of her car. Moments later, another car arrived, and out stepped a man that Gray guessed was just under 6'.

Gretchen pulled out her phone as her thumbs flew over the screen. She started to read, "Old Mission Retreat Center - developed Pastor Kyle Carter the Global Pastor of Cherry Orchard Fellowship - the fastest growing non denominational congregation in Michigan.

TJ paused, "Any info on Pastor Carter?"

Gretchen paused, "His church - if you can call it that - webpage says, "Happily married to Erin and the proud father of 3 young children, Pastor Carter founded Cherry Orchard in 2015 after God led him to Traverse following his time downstate in prison. Pastor Kyle's motto is 'If God can save me, God can save anybody."

TJ shook his head, "Well, well, well. Sounds like to me that good old Pastor Kyle sees the Ten Commandments as mere suggestions."

"Now what?" Gretchen asked, thinking a picture of the two cars at the abandoned cabin would be all of the ammo then needed.

TJ shrugged, "Now, we wait. We give them 30 minutes to get to the good part."

30 minutes later TJ checked his watch and opened the door to the rental car.

Gretchen gasped as the cold winter air rushed in, "Where are you going?"

Gray paused and turned, "Stay here, time to gather some evidence to convince Mrs Mitchell to see things our way."

The bitter, biting cold made Gray feel alive as he emerged from the rental car. The secluded cabin, deep within the snow-draped woods, lay before him. The tension of his cousin safely in the car. The cabin's windows cloaked in darkness. Only the moon, pale and distant, offered a sliver of light in the ink-black night.

Gray was completely in his element. This is what he had loved the most about his life in the Task Force. He adjusted the collar of his coat, the fabric rustling softly in the eerie silence.

Gray smiled as he heard his boots crunch through the thick, pristine snow. His movement could have been used for a training video. Shadow to shadow, each step made with the precision of a man who had spent years navigating the wilderness alone.

As he approached the cabin's wooden door, Gray reached into his pockets. A low light camera, a small recording device, a set of lockpicks, and a small notebook. TJ allowed his eyes to drift to the two pairs of footprints that made their way into the cabin.

The lock was simple, 30 seconds and the door was open. TJ slipped into the main room of the cabin and gently slid the door closed behind him. Two small creaks were the only warning in the flickering of the fire i. The air was thick with the scent of burning wood from a crackling fireplace. From down the hall the very familiar rhythmic squeak of an old box springs giving all of the information necessary

Stealthily, Gray moved deeper into the cabin, past the kitchen and down the hallway to the bedroom. The thick, worn rugs underfoot absorbed the sound of his footsteps as he examined the room, searching for any shred of evidence. A half-empty bottle of red wine rested on a wooden table, flanked by two empty glasses. The fire crackled in the hearth, casting flickering light across a plush sofa that bore the imprint of recent occupation.

Soft whispers, like the secrets of the night, drifted from a nearby bedroom. Gray's plan was to get a couple of pictures, record some sound and slip quietly back into the night. What he witnessed caused him to rethink his plans and get full video evidence of the kink played out in the cabin.

Gray watched from the doorway, his low light camera recording every detail as Kyle and Elaina were in the center of a large king sized bed. Kyle was on all fours, resting on knees and elbows, presenting his ass doggy style. Kneeling just inches behind him, Elaina had applied lube to his asshole and the sizable cock strapped around her waist.

Eliana was in a black leather corset, while Kyle was completely nude. Gray chucked at the contrast of the submissive, naked male against the in-charge woman. TJ smirked at the irony that what he preached about wives' submission on Sundays was completely opposite of what he was witnessing.

Elania placed the head of her realistic-looking cock firmly against Kyle's asshole and pushed slowly but persistently, till it forced its way past his anal ring and slid inside. Kyle let out a groan, Gray wasn't sure if it was discomfort or relief. TJ knew from being on the giving end that the initial push of the head was always the most challenging and painful part of penetration. After pausing a moment to let him catch his breath, Elaina resumed her invasion until all seven inches of the curved, veiny shaft was inside him and her latex balls were, as they say, "balls deep" against him. "Fuck yourself,bitch" she growled.

Kyle began rocking his hips back and forth, causing the dildo to slide in and out of his ass. At first his movements were slow and shallow, the cock moving only a couple of inches with each thrust.

When Kyle finally was able to take the entire cock into his ass Elaina smacked him on the ass and growled, "I've had enough of your pussy bullshit, I'll take over," Elaina said as she began to tease him. She started to fuck his ass so slowly, gently and shallowly that it drove Pastor Carter crazy.