The Great Directive Ch. 01

Story Info
A history of how the Old World ended and the new one began.
6.7k words
4.67
5.5k
3
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

(*-*-*Noobwriter96's note: I took some time off from Deathless Reign For the time being. I had to rest my eyes from staring too much into the screen, wondering how to proceed and conclude the series. And so, I came up with this project on the side, which lets me play around with some world building and practice writing sex scenes. Anyways, thanks for taking the time to read my work. Constructive feedback is very welcome. *-*-*)

(This is more of an anthology-series sort. First part talks more about the world through reports and writings that exists within said world. While the second part is on the perspective of characters living within that world.)

Excerpt taken from the historical annals as compounded in the book ' From Ashes ' by archivist Barreth Livingston, representing the Halls of History of Great Aphrodisia, year 2209.

Upon the eruption of World War VII, humanity nearly sealed the fate of their entire race. The entirety of the war only lasted for a mere three minutes and twenty-two seconds and in that time, eradicated 99.99999% of the global population, sending the once civilized race to the brink of savagery and depravity. Another attributable factor was the prior World War VI, which lasted for some fifty odd years as humanity expanded in an explosive space race that saw the colonization and subsequent territorial conflicts over the Moon and Mars themselves.

Deemed as science fiction from the previous centuries, the technological advancement and innovation saw a boom that had been now finally realized as humans from various factions and nations sought ways to one-up their enemies and gain the upper hand in the decades-long conflict. It had dragged for so long and so destructive that much of the general population no longer have any certainty as to how it all started and who was fighting with whom. The simple civilians only focused on surviving one day at a time.

Until the day the three-minute war that was World War VII came, destroying the last vestiges of law and order and sending the surviving remnants of the human race to a new dark age.

Estimates of the time put the number of human survivors at roughly two hundred thousand, against a peak population count of what was once twenty billion prior to the start of the Great Old-World War, a mere 0.00001%. That number would further drop in what is recorded in the accounts of history as the 23rd Century Dark Age.

Contact was lost to the inhabitants of the space hives and colonies amongst the Moon and Mars. The outworlders primarily lived through resupplies from their respective factions here on Earth, although they have succeeded in partial terraforming that enabled them to grow their own food in their respective habitats off-world. But no contact was made for the better part of the last decade as the war reached its tumultuous climax. They were lost to the minds and hearts of the survivors of scorched Earth, who had to contend amongst themselves for scarce resources and shelter, amidst the irradiated wastelands of the planet. Although much of the population lived little different than animals, there is the 0.0000005% that retained much of the splendor and comfort of technology.

The Megacorporations, the only ones to have ever profited and saw the Great Old-World Wars as opportunities and to have benefited off during the misery and suffering caused by the Old-World Governments. The various governments of the world all kept a tight leash on how much power the Megacorporations had and weren't above threats of nuclear retribution to keep them in their heels. So firm was the belief of the Governments of the Old World in their respective dogma, believing their enemies to be entirely in the wrong and needs to be vanquished. This same stalwart dogma also made them distrustful of the Megacorps and revile them for their greed whilst oblivious to their own warmongering and utter disregard for the wellbeing of their citizens, erstwhile proclaiming that all they have done was for the greater good.

The Megacorps foresaw the impending absolute destruction of the species and thus set to work on doomsday Megadomes all across the globe. They kept it secured and hidden, away from the prying eyes of the Old Government. Construction took place from a great variety of biomes, from deep caverns within the earth, to the abyssal trenches of the great oceans. Others nestled themselves in between natural barriers of mountain ranges while some were hidden in plain sight, such as simply built amidst the middle of a bustling metropolis under the guise of "efficiency facilities" to fool Government Inspectors.

Reinforced to withstand the greatest of nuclear devastations and even outdoing those of the Government Constructs by installing luxuries and cadence of their own personal shelters, the Megacorps bided their time within the safety and decadence of their colossal bunkers, which could have been a city in their own rights. Housing those of their loyal employees and contracted geniuses to cater to their whims and pleasures in exchange for shelter and safety should the worst eventually come to pass.

And the worst did come to pass.

The total utilization of the Earth's nuclear weapons and the governments that held them resulted in the utter extinction of those governing institutions.

No one knew for certain who fired the first shot, not even the Executives of the Megacorps. For half a century, war was the norm. Peace was such an alien idea to the vast majority of the civilian population who were nothing more than just a disposable cog to fuel their respective countries' war machines.

The Cataclysmic explosion that rocked the very foundations of the planet itself was an event that would forever leave its mark from hence on towards eternity of the once fertile blue rock. The nuclear might of a hundred nations, weapons of mass destruction on a scale that should have completely obliterated the planet itself. Weapons that dared to touch upon the very essence of the cosmos down to the last atom as warheads exploded against one another, canceling the very force the destructive force. Anomalies from such immense power left the world's natural order forever changed.

By the time of this writing, our scientists are still left perplexed as to the full effect of the Nuclear Cataclysm and have yet barely scratched the surface, sixty years since then.

The lines between where World War VI ended and World War VII started are blurred to say the least.

The already war-ravaged territories were all the more made egregiously hostile by the culminative detonation of the worlds' nuclear weapons. When society was destroyed, it brought out the very worst in the remnants of humanity. These were the survivors, roving bands of groups, be they raiders, nomads or far worse that roamed the irradiated wastelands of this new Earth.

And then there were those in the Domed cities, paradises made by the Mega Corporations.

The Megacorps reigned unopposed as the new supreme power of the pitiful remnants of humanity. Unshackled by the uncompromising oversight of the Military Government of the world, they were free to explore research that were otherwise restricted and condemned. From Human-Animal gene splicing to Neo-Cortex subliminal manipulation (commonly referred to as mind control) and plenty of others that dared play God on life itself.

And even the highly prohibited Artificial Intelligence Research and Development were finally put into motion after of decades of toiling in the dark recesses of the Megacorps darkest corners.

Resources long spent focused on weapon development now found new purpose as the new masters of humanity and the Earth itself, the Megacorps wished to shape humanity as they should see fit. But they also found wisdom in the errors of their predecessors, the Governments of the Old World. Rather than fight one another like their predecessors, for so sickened were they by war already, they pooled their resources altogether in the ultimate amalgamation of their vision and covetousness. Together, they formed the Coalition of Corporations, to remake the earth as they see fit.

From the fruits of their research was borne the Olympian Strain, a compound that corrects and reinforces the very genetic level of an individual, a much-needed edge in an environment ravaged by nuclear holocaust. From this, on the dawn of the 23rd century, the long-sought prize that humanities' elite had hounded for millennia had finally been attained.

Immortality. Or at the very least, as close as one could be.

The MegaCorps Executives enabled the spread of the Olympian Strain through various medium, from air purifiers to the food provisions given and even the water supply within the Domes, all be it at a diluted quality. The citizens of the domes, loyal servants of their respective MegaCorps, were able to weather the worsts of this irradiated world and its countless dangers. With personnel so greatly in demand, another variation of the strain was also enacted, for the very reason of bolstering the population. A strain that increased the likelihood of females birthed so as to exponentially restore population requirements in a bid to for territorial expansion and resource gathering.

It was a success.

Perhaps too much of a success.

During the first generation of Olympian Strain dispersal, for every male, there were three females borne. There was a sudden boom in the population as the Executives further reinforced repopulation so as to support their plans of continued expansion of territories and facilities. By the second-generation of Dome Citizens, women outnumbered men, twenty to one. The disparity between genders made another implementation of a certain measure necessary, one where men with healthy genetic imprint, coupled with satisfactorily Corporate performance, were assigned with multiple breeding partners.

Said measure boosted the morale among the thousands of employees while catering to increase in economic growth within the MegaDomes.

Witnessing the cruel realities of the new natural order, one that heavily emphasized that the strong should rule over the weak all the clearer, a majority of the MegaCorps Executives came to a judgement that women must be inherently subservient to men, for their current society to survive and thus must serve faithfully and loyally, in whatever form or manner. Accordingly, this gave way to the enactment of The Female Submission Directive, (or FSD to the common man).

Also known as the Great Directive.

And thus, the first ever of the Great Directives was forged, one that would be among the chief pillar that laid the foundation of modern society today as we see it.

The Great Directive states, that upon reaching the genetic maturity of the quasi-Olympian Strain within females at the biological age of Eighteen (counted down and indicated to every Dome citizen by their augmented nanobond), females are immediately required to occupy an employment or function within the CorpoState, 72 hours after their Eighteen-year maturity and make a monthly contribution in what is known as the Survival Upkeep. The value of which varies on the individual female's skill level and capacity, from then on would be calculated as to how much CorpoCreds in amount or equal to value should the female strive to contribute.

Failure to meet this quota, said female would be relegated to the assigned designation of "Property" and thereupon undergo "Processing", rendering the individual of rights and be listed as Property of the CorpoState as breeding stock or any such suited roles for the benefit of the MegaCorp.

Further failure in compliance with duties and responsibilities would then be just cause for the Capital Punishment of Exile. This law is heavily implemented with extreme prejudice and surveillance that even the wealthiest and most-favored are wary to breach.

This is but a gross simplification of the Great Directive, of which countless books and records have been made with it as the focus. The purpose of this article is to provide an abridgement of history of today's society. Perhaps another time, we can focus on the many facets of the Great Directive.

From its first dissemination, The Great Directive has since then faced many trials and tribulations, for such was the path of the Inheritors of the Earth but those belong in another area of study and articles, from the Opposition, to the short-lived (almost laughable) Female Liberation and even to more recent histories with such examples as the Marauder Incursions and the Mutant Infestations and so on.

Suffice to say, a new age for humanity has dawned, out from the irradiated ashes of the Great Old-World War to an era of peace and healing, as slowly but surely, humans can reclaim and rebuild the world, with the MegaCorps heralding and shaping the future of the race and planet.

*End of excerpt*

*-*Message from 13 th Redcloud© Ward Supervisor Chapman*-*

It is advised that agents be studious when reading amongst the Property Archival Census as they give insight into the thinking processes of Properties, so as to ascertain agents worthy of the Corpostates' venerable confidence. Example of one such entries are listed below, please peruse on your free time to aid in increased efficacy on the field.

Former Wasteland Rovers or survivors as they are more commonly known, account 18% amidst the overall tally of properties within the Corpostates, hence assiduous readings into such types are well advised.

With Confidence,

Sylas Chapman

Property Reclamation and Surveillance Supervisor of the 13 th Ward

Redcloud© MegaDome

Subject Name: Jynna (No last name)

Current Designation: Property #3353

Citizenship: Naturalized Domite

Prior Affiliation: Wasteland Rover

Age: 21

Age at Naturalization: 18

Source of Entry: Subject's digi-journal.

Method of Acquirement: Confiscated during Subject's Processing.

Life was unbelievable good. It had already been close to three years since I have become a citizen but still, each and every day is a bliss. I still remember the feeling of when I first saw the Dome walls. That feeling of awe and wonder at the curvature of the arching walls that shielded true Civilization from the horrors of the Wastes.

I was put to work immediately, seeing as I was way past and well into my Legal years. I was told and given 72 hours then or be confiscated by the Corpostate and be listed as Property. To be frank, that last part was a bit of a blur as I didn't care, finally reaching what every Wasteland Rover dreamed of and that was to become a citizen of a Dome.

Rovers such as ourselves cloistered among our ilk. I highly doubt we would have done the same outside the walls, wandering in the wastelands and scrounging for scraps. Untrusting of strangers and watching your back was the norm. But once arriving in the shadows of the MegaDome, it's as if our sins at doing anything to survive were washed away, to the point of tears and true enough a great many people broke down and cried on their knees upon reaching the walls.

I was among them.

For all the hardships and horrors that we faced, it was understandable.

We were then assigned Living Quarters on the Outermost Ring of the Dome, seeing as we are Naturalized Citizens, not In-Born Domites. We aren't technically full citizens yet in the eyes of the system, but we saw ourselves as one, so long as we were on the right side of the walls.

Our quarters were living communes stacked upon one another and had a total population of some five hundred with similar backgrounds. For single individuals, we were given our very own quarters.

No longer moving from place to place, we now have a place we could truly call a home. No more would we have to worry about mutapredators while we sleep, safeguarded by the Dome wall. No starving for days on end, not seeing so much as morsel of food, as there was an abundance of it here within the Dome. Even we have finally able to learn and study! It took me almost six months to learn to read and write. I am able to surf the MegaNet itself, having access to hundreds of thousands of reading articles and Holo-Feeds.

But most of all, we wouldn't have to worry for the lives of the next generation, to be taken from us at such an early age.

My children are my life.

Even if we didn't share the same blood.

The sight of children was something to behold, to see and hear their laughter, to pinch their full cheeks.

Avry and Chlo, my treasure and my babies.

Chlo's mother had been among us near the end of our journey, just a few days before we reached the Redcloud Dome. She had been infected when we accidentally stepped on a toxic quicksand. She died of high fever on the way here. We had the presence of mind then and time enough to hold a funeral, as if getting closer towards the Dome, we regained more and more of our humanity.

Avry was the sole survivor form her group, who was befell by radwolves. I found her beneath the remains of her family, hidden by their bodies.

I found myself caring these two out of complete happenstance. It just happened and before I even realized it, they had grown a part of me. It's a gift unlike any other to hear children laughing. Bright and up in the air was the feeling I feel in my heart of hearts. Never thought I'd hear a such a sound, never dreamed while I lived out there in the Wastes.

With two more mouths to feed, I had to put in extra hours at work, working for as short as sixteen hours a day. It was nothing compared to the brutal conditions of the Waste Lands. I get to go home and sleep comfortably and with a full stomach to complement the safety and warmth of shelter.

The food and water of the Megadomes truly lived up to the legends passed around survivor camp fires!

In the first week, we began noticing small changes, old scars healing, grey hair vanishing. A vibrant spring in our step each time we wake up. We no longer easily tire, working with such focus and determination that wasn't deemed possible out in the wastes.

Miracles, I have heard it said among our people. Something that is impossible to happen and yet see it unfolding before your very eyes. I never understood the meaning of that until I came to the MegaDome.

Old man Colrin had head full of white hair. In three weeks' time, they were back to their healthy black. Claissa who suffered from a bad limp had it gone in under a month during her stay in the Dome. We had heard of its medical miracles but to see it first hand, The Servitors of the Dome didn't give us any medicine or treatments upon arrival. Only scanned us with their tech and simply said "to eat lots of food and water and to sleep on it", the same things those quack doctors in the Wastelands say.

Only difference was there were actual results.

Truly this was place of dreams.

And for three years with no incidents. Three years of absolute bliss.

As much as I am eternally grateful towards the CorpoStates, there are some reservations of the people that lived within the Inner Rims of the Dome. Particularly their culture. The women we meet who have lived their entire lives insides the walls and the Dome looked far more delicate. Beautiful was too simple a word to describe them.

They were also stranger than any people that I have ever met.

To them being declared as Property was not a punishment but rather another facet in serving the Corpostate as a whole. For us Rovers, especially the women, it was punishment pure and simple. Not as bad as being exiled but being considered as Property couldn't be allowed by our dignity and pride. Surviving in the Wastes does that.

12