The Hand of Death Ch. 16

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I had made sure to stay with the boy while we kept him. I have a hard time trusting people once I have made a promise. When the word came to return him I explained to Eita the Kitsune-Tsuki had said they would take him once the matter was settled. He agreed and left the room. The boy, Ketsunekasai, had been a treat to be with. He was inquisitive and smart. He wanted to know my name and was very frustrated with my answer of "Ask the Kitsune-Tsuki."

"Well it looks like you are finally going home, boy." I smiled through my hood.

"Am I going to see Father or back to our home?"

I sat down in front of him. "Which do you prefer?'

"I would like to see Father."

"Then that is what we will do."

I pulled the Hoshi-no-Tama from my shirt. During those two weeks she had appeared very little and only to me. But in that time she had told me her name.

"Myobu Ainu sama?"

A Myobu is a messenger of Inari the rice god. I had noticed a few things in those weeks. I

could see her just fine, even when she was invisible. I also noticed I was seeing other things. Things that had been hidden. Like a small chest with love letters from ages ago when this cabin had been some one's home. When I found them Ketsunekasai became very excited. He thought it was treasure when I dug up the small chest. Once I read them to him he was far less impressed.

I called her again and this time she appeared lying next to the boy with her head resting on his leg. I offered her the ball and she happily swallowed it. The boy just looked at her with huge eyes and a smile. He had never seen one before.

"You are a Kitsune-Tsuki!"

"Yes." she smiled.

"Can you take me to my father?"

"Of course, precious." Then she rubbed her muzzle against his cheek.

He smiled and then quickly pointed at me. "What is his name?"

"Shotoku Hiro," she said pleasantly.

I shook my head. "Get him to his father." And then I quickly gave her scritchees under her chin. She put on a mock look of irritation for me before she smiled at the boy and put her head under his arm. Then, just like that, they disappeared.

12