The Inheritance

Story Info
A bitch mother, five sweet girls, a bar, a large inheritance.
7.5k words
4.54
43.4k
110
39
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

(A Money Honey Story)

It was well after dark when Doug drove his 18 year old Ranger through his small home town and into his parents driveway. He'd worked a full day then, made the two hour drive home afterward, stopping only for fuel and a quick meal from a fast food drive through. He hated his job but at least he had one. Many of his friends were completely out of work or, the ones with education and office jobs, working at home. This Covid Shit had some baaaad JUJU. He didn't know how much longer he could keep going. More and more people were ordering items for home delivery and his route with the 'brown truck guys' was becoming busier and busier. His employer wouldn't cut him any slack either. His truck was stuffed as full as it would go every day. Some days he worked ten or twelve hours making his deliveries.

Doug would rather stay in the town he worked in so he could sample the night life on weekends but so far he'd managed to evade catching Covid by not going out except to work and for absolutely necessary shopping. Every chance he got he took advantage of delivery or curbside pickup to further reduce his chances of catching the disease. He always wore his N95 mask even though he hated the restrictions and the way it fogged his glasses. On his weekends off he made the drive to his childhood home so he could be outside safely and unwind a little.

When he glanced at his parents house he was surprised. There were no lights on and he couldn't see the faint blueish glow of the TV in the living room. He looked at the clock on the dashboard to see if he was running so late his parents might have already gone to bed. No, it was only nine p.m. They never went to bed that early unless they were sick. Shit, he hoped they hadn't caught Covid. He knew his Aunt by marriage caught it a couple weeks ago, but as much as his mother hated her he was pretty sure she hadn't given it to them. They never visited unless absolutely necessary.

Aunt Mary should be over the sickness enough he could see her. He'd call her tomorrow then, if she was better he'd go see her. It wouldn't do any good to ask his mother how she was. Doug tried to open the house door and found it locked which surprised him. They almost never locked the door unless they were gone. He couldn't remember his parents telling him they planned to go somewhere this evening.

As quietly as he could, he got out his key and opened the door, entered, then locked it behind him. He walked through the mud room and into the kitchen where he flipped on the light. He quickly walked through into the living room to verify no one was still up then returned to the kitchen where he grabbed a beer and through together a plate of nachos. After the cheese was melted on them he took them, salsa and his beer to the table and sat relaxing while he ate his snack. Doug cleaned up the kitchen after he finished and headed for his old room and soft bed.

The next morning just before eight Doug rolled out of bed and headed into the kitchen for a cup of coffee. To his surprise, not only was there no coffee perked but there was no one home. Now he was beginning to worry. Instead of making coffee he went outside, got into his truck and drove downtown to the cafe most of his parents friends frequented. When he walked in several of the folks greeted him happily.

The table full of men his father usually sat with had an empty chair so he took it. After he had his first sip of coffee Paul said, "Sure was sorry to hear about Mary. How come your folks went on their trip instead of going to the services today?"

"What? I didn't know they were going anywhere. I came home and couldn't find anyone around so came down here to see if any of you knew where they were. What do you.... Wait, services? You mean Aunt Mary died? When? When are the services?"

"You mean no one told you? That's pretty cold even for your mother. I knew they didn't get along but that's pretty bad. Oh, sorry. I suppose I shouldn't talk about your mother that way. The services are today at ten down at the funeral home."

Doug looked at the clock and said, "Well crap. I guess I need to get home and clean up so I can get down there. I can't believe no one told me. See you later."

There was a good crowd at the funeral but, other than Doug, none of the family was in attendance. He wondered if his mother even told anyone else since she hadn't told him. He and his parents were the only family that lived close by. Doug sat with several of Mary's employees and close friends, then went back to her hole in the wall bar afterwards for some refreshments and finger foods while they talked about her and told stories of her life.

Sarah was crying when she asked, "Doug, what's going to happen to us and the bar now? Oh, God, we're going to miss her. She was like a mother to most of us."

"I don't know Sarah. I didn't even know she died until I got to the coffee shop this morning. I didn't now the 'rents were gone either. You all just keep on doing what you were doing for now I suppose. If mom gives you any crap when they get back, give me a call."

"Doug, we can't. Mary held the liquor license so we have to close the bar until a new owner or operator with a license reopens it. That means we don't have any income. What're we going to do?"

"Crap, I didn't think about that. Ok. I know most of you lived with Mary or in one of her cabins. You keep doing that and let me try to figure something out. I have a little money saved. If you run short, let me know and I'll try to help but don't go crazy on me and spend a lot or we'll all be in trouble."

Doug spent the remainder of the afternoon with the five women who lived with and worked with Mary. He was almost as devastated losing her as he would have been had his mother died. Before his Uncle died they almost raised him because his mother and father were so busy working. The only source of income his Uncle and Aunt had was the small bar just outside of town near the mighty Missouri River. They never seemed to want for anything and always had friends out the wazoo but his mother looked down on them badly. She was embarrassed her brother was a lazy slob (to hear her tell it) and ran a common bar. And don't even get her started about him marrying the "town bicycle" as she put it.

To the best of his knowledge Mary was no more promiscuous than any other girl her age had been but his mother disapproved of her mightily. Doug, on the other hand, loved her to pieces and made a point of checking on her nearly every time he came home. He even called her occasionally when he was away. Many weekends when he was young he spent time with her and his uncle.

After his uncle died he did all the heavy work and repairs he had time for in order to help out. Her five 'girls' were constantly nearby and jumped to help whenever he asked. Sometimes he was embarrassed by the way they did anything he asked or told them to do, no question.

Before returning to the city on Sunday, Doug dropped by the bar to check on the women. They were coping but bored. None of them admitted to needing anything so Doug promised to call during the week and see them again the next weekend. He thought they were awfully clingy but he understood. They lost one of their own and, he was sure, missed Mary terribly.

The next week was even worse, work wise, than the previous one. By Thursday, Doug was exhausted and completely fed up with his supervisor. To hear him tell it, he couldn't do anything right and was the slowest man alive. Finally, Friday rolled around and Doug took off for his home town again. At least this time, he got into town early enough he could drop by the post office and get his mail from his post office box. Surprisingly, he had a letter from an attorney.

Before he went on to his parents home, he opened the letter and read it. It was a request for him to call and make an appointment to discuss Mary's will at his earliest convenience. Doug wondered what that was about. Well, he figured he knew what it was about, but wondered why he was involved. No matter, he put the letter in his console and decided to take care of it next week.

When he arrived at his parents home he did like he normally did and just walked into the house. At least this time his parents were home like they normally were. Unfortunately, his mother was in one of her moods. He hadn't much more than got in the door when she started in on him. "What was the idea of just waltzing in last week and going to that bitch's funeral? Do you know how embarrassing it was when we got home and everyone asked why you were there and we weren't?"

That made Doug angry and he responded, "Probably no more embarrassing than it was when I found out at the coffee shop Aunt Mary died and you didn't tell me, then ran off somewhere so you had an excuse to not attend the services. She was family for Gods sake. Did you even tell anyone else in the family she passed away? I didn't see anyone except her friends and some of the neighbors there."

"Why would I? She wasn't family. Your Uncle just got drunk one day and married her. She never was blood, part of the family."

"I can't believe you're saying that. Screw it. I don 't know why I even talk to you about her anyway. I'm tired. I need to go to bed. See ya in the morning."

The next morning Doug had early coffee with his parents, then breakfast. After the meal, his father took off for the coffee shop (local cafe) and Doug followed him. After a few cups with the neighbors, Doug told his father he was going to see friends and left. He drove the few miles out of town to the old bar to check on the girls.

When he arrived, they almost mobbed him and fought each other to hug him. Some of them had watery eyes when he looked in their faces. They pulled him into the back of the bar where they had a room set up as an 'employee lounge'. Doug spent the remainder of the morning chatting with the girls and getting a list of items they wanted him to buy. They had made a trip or two into town that week but only bought the bare necessities because they didn't have much money. He was going to have to stock up groceries for them. At least they still had a lot to drink since the bar was fully stocked with sodas, snacks and booze!

Soon after arriving and getting the list of supplies needed Doug headed for his truck to make a hopefully, quick trip to town. Before he could even get in the vehicle one of the girls, Corrine, climbed into the passenger seat. After a quick run to Sams Club and Walmart Doug and Corrine (Corrie) returned to the bar and unloaded the plunder. The girls insisted on preparing a meal for him which he enjoyed immensely although he was somewhat uncomfortable because of the way they waited on him.

While he was waiting on the meal Doug and the women sampled some of the drinkables in the bar. By the time the meal was done, none of them were in any shape to drive so Doug slept in Mary's bed. During the night two of the girls found their way into bed with him and he woke the next morning with Corrie and Willie (Wilhelmina) snuggled down with him.

Doug spent most of Sunday morning with the women but left in time to return to his parents home for lunch. He walked into the house just before they returned from church and his mother lit into him again. "Where were you all night? Out drinking and carousing with those worthless friends of yours? I hope you didn't do anything else to embarrass me.

"Sister Jolene said she saw you driving through town with one of those skanks Mary and Phil kept around. Is that who you spent the night with? Are you turning away from the Light and wallowing in the sins of the flesh?

"No mother. You might say I was being a good christian. Those poor girls lost their livelihood when Mary died. I told them to stay in the bar and cabins until we found out what was going to happen to the bar. Since they didn't have any money I took Corrie to town so we could buy them some food for the week. Something I don't suppose you thought of."

"Well, why should I? They're no concern of mine. The sooner they leave town, the better. As soon as possible I intend to have your father tear down that eyesore and sell the land. It's past time we erased that blemish from the countryside."

"Why would you want to do that? It's not hurting you and it was the only work those girls had. Why not hope someone reopens the place and keeps them on?"

"We don't need places like that here. Its bad enough a couple of the restaurants serve alcohol without a place dedicated to it and the sins of the flesh. No, the sooner we can tear that place down the better."

"Well, I suppose we'll see what's going to happen to it next week when we meet with the attorney. Shall we have lunch afterward? I'll call him as soon as I can Monday. Is any day better for you and dad?"

"What do you mean?"

"I just assumed you got a letter from Mary's attorney like I did. He wants me to call and set up an appointment to talk to him although he didn't say why in the letter."

"No, we've not received anything. Are you going?"

"I don't see why not. Maybe I can find out something that'll help the girls at least. I'll let you know what I learn."

"Good. And find out when we can tear that place down please."

Doug started to leave when his mother got in one last statement, "And stay away from those tramps Mary had out there. They're nothing but bar girls. You can do much better than that. I don't know why you haven't latched onto any of the nice girls I've introduced you to over the years."

"Good bye mother," Doug said just before he closed the door. Most of the way back to the city he thought about his mother's statements and found himself becoming more and more angry as the drive progressed. As far as he knew, all those girls or young women were honorable. He'd never heard anything bad about them although when he was visiting Mary at the bar they did flirt with the men that came in. They never went outside with men like many of the old barflies did.

Monday during a long stretch driving he called the attorney to arrange a meeting. He apologized to the man but was insistent the meeting be after he got off work in the evening. The attorney, a Mr. Howe of Dewey, Cheatham and Howe, agreed and set up the meeting for the upcoming Thursday. Before he ended the call he did say, "Of course, that date and time is dependent on the other parties involved being able to attend. I have been in contact with them, however, and they said any time you chose would be fine with them."

"Other parties? Who else is coming? My mother didn't know anything about the meeting and I hadn't heard any of my relatives were planning on being in town."

"I'm not at liberty to say but I will confirm you are the only family member involved at this point. We will see you Thursday afternoon about 5:30 Mr. James."

When Doug arrived at the attorney's office just before 5:30 Thursday he was met by 5 nervous women. They all jumped up from their chairs and rushed to meet him when he entered the reception area. After receiving enthusiastic hugs and, to his surprise, kisses from them he asked, "What are you girls doing here? And why didn't you tell me last weekend you were coming?"

Corrine said, "We didn't want to influence you in your decision. We know what your mother thinks of us. We like you but we would never want to come between you and your family."

"You wouldn't. I know it sounds sort of corny but I loved Mary and after mother began to treat her so badly surely you noticed I still visited and called her?"

"We did, and she loved you too. We know that. She trusted you as much as she did Mast..., uh Phil."

Doug was about to question her about that last statement when the receptionist said, "Mr. James, Ladies, Mr. Howe will see you now. If you'll follow me?"

After everyone was seated around a conference room table Mr. Howe introduced himself as did Doug and the girls. Mr. Howe sat back in his chair and said, "Thank you for coming this evening. Mrs. Tolliver hired us to take care of her final business. As part of that, I am the executor of her last will and testament. Before we get started I have been instructed to give you this letter and wait for you to read it Mr. James."

Doug reached out and took the proffered letter from the attorney. He picked up a letter opener from the table, slit the envelope and pulled the paper from it. The letter said:

Doug:

If you're reading this, I didn't make it through that damn Covid shit. I have one last favor to ask of you. Please take care of our girls. They need a strong hand. Phil and I collected them over the years as you know. What you don't know is they are all submissive and need guidance from a strong willed person who cares for them. I've watched you with them over the years and know you'll treat them right. You might not get much sleep but they'll take good care of you too, my dear. Poor Phil looked like a zombie after the nights we all pounced on him! I am leaving you all my possessions should you take on this task for me—the bar, land, money and boat as well as all my personal property with the exception of a few small items that are excluded in the will.

Should you not be willing to care for our girls, you will still receive something, but not all and Mr. Howe will have to find someone else to care for the girls before he puts the rest of my belongings in a trust for them.

Love,

Mary"

After he read the letter Doug leaned back in his chair and raised his head. He saw five scared faces on the ladies and a questioning look on the attorney's face. He said, "From your looks I assume you know what's in the letter?"

The girls all said yes or nodded their heads. The attorney said, "In general. I understand Mrs. Tolliver asked you to care for these ladies like she and Mr. Tolliver did until they passed."

"Yeah, she did. I've been helping them since she died but I got the impression her request was for, uh, somewhat greater care than I've been providing..."

Mr. Howe gave him a sickly smile and said, "Quite. You realize we do not normally become involved in things like this? Having said that, however, Mrs. Tolliver did request we prepare an agreement for you or another caregiver to sign should you accept this job.

"Your agreement is not as strict as the one we would have someone else sign should you elect not to take on the responsibility. You will inherit everything and agree to care for every need of the ladies to the best of your ability until they either voluntarily leave your care or the funds run out at which time the agreement becomes null and void."

Doug looked around the room at the expectant faces. Betsy, the youngest almost whimpered, "Please..." before Corrine quickly shushed her.

"How do I do that," Doug asked. "Do I have any guidance or are there any requirements other than giving them the best care I can?"

"None other, of course, than the standard level of care. You know, no mistreatment, provide adequate food, clothing, shelter and medical care."

Doug sighed. He had loved Mary and he liked all the girls. He didn't know why she thought they needed extra care though. They all finished school with good grades and were able to work and take care of themselves. Finally, after the silence stretched out uncomfortably, Doug said, "Ok, fine. I've been caring for them more or less since I found out Mary died. I suppose I can continue."

Five smiling women leaped from their chairs and converged on Doug, hugging and kissing him until he almost barked, "Ok, that's enough. Sit down so we can finish here girls."

He was shocked when they all looked almost scared and scurried back to their seats. This time Becky said, "We're sorry sir."

12