The Island: Introduction

Story Info
Non erotic intro to an erotic series.
2.6k words
3.88
2.2k
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I didn't know what this remote island in the Bay of Thailand or its institute would bring me. I didn't know where life would take me. But I knew that I was in for an adventure of a lifetime that I would, hopefully, recall fondly. This is my story of my time on The Island. I will be writing about "my" erotic adventures in this series. Sometimes, I will write about more vanilla events. Some chapters will be kinkier than others. My intent is to share some of my interests that I have tried in real life and explore new territories of sex, fetishes and general eroticism while polishing my fiction writing skills. Be forewarned, I am a bit longwinded at times.

-----

In the Spring of 2016, oil prices collapsed and the offshore oil industry, especially in the US Gulf of Mexico, plummeted. I, a Texas born man that had chosen a life as a merchant mariner, was affected just as much as everybody else in my career path. For years, I'd raked in considerable sums of cash as I advanced my career aboard offshore supply vessels. When the crash struck, I was the captain of one of my employers' $45 million boats. Practically overnight, I went from my career apex with six figure pay and great benefits to a lowly third mate that made half as much as the year before. As more and more of my shipmates were laid off or demoted, I began looking for work elsewhere. I had married young, at the age of 23 and was divorced on my 25th birthday. In 2016, I turned 28. Still a bit sore from the divorce and then the demotion, I resigned from my position, sold my house and set off on a new adventure to the opposite side of the world.

The seaplane finally became quiet after an hour of droning across the Gulf of Thailand. This was the fifth flight I'd caught in 30 hours. The blistering sun was high in the overcast sky, but my body was convinced that it was time for bed in a time zone that seemed so far behind me. I exited the plane onto a floating dock and looked up at the island that was to be my new place of work and home. Lush green slopes reached upwards from the mostly calm ocean. Other islands in the chain dotted the horizon all around. Minus the dock, there was no real sign of civilization.

"Captain Michael, it is nice to finally meet you in person," a female voice called from shore.

I collected my sea bag, bid a curt fairwell to the pilot and headed up a ramp onto the shore. A young Thai woman of about 30, dressed in shorts and a tank top, sat at the wheel of a Mahindra-manufactured CJ Jeep.

"Sawadi Kop. It is nice to meet you as well," I replied, bowing my head slightly out of respect.

I'd already forgotten the admin's name. Oops.

"Hop in, I'll show you around."

I threw my bag on the back seat and climbed into the open topped vehicle. The woman drove and I rode shotgun. The weather was sweltering hot and the lady's body glistened with perspiration. Discreetly, I glanced sideways and noted that there was no telltale evidence of an Adam's apple. I hoped that the jokes and rumors about Thai women were false, because this one appeared to be "real" and not some ladyboy.

We rode uphill and inland through a thick jungle on a rutted and worn dirt road. As the journey continued, the woman began her welcoming tour statement. The Thai Institute of Technology and Science welcomed me with relief. The one hundred or so residents on the island had all been warned of my impending arrival. TITS had a funny name, if you were juvenile (or perpetually horny like me) but had a serious mission. Some of the brightest and most unique minds from across the globe came to the island to conduct research in various fields that included medicine and energy production, as well as a slew of other areas of interest. TITS was designed to be a lower stress, lower cost, but more productive version of MIT in Boston. The location of the institute was not a coincidence. Many of the researchers needed extra space for their experiments and favored the quieter surroundings of the jungle island to a busy city. There was no set course schedule and researchers and students came and went regularly, I'd been told.

Without warning, the Jeep burst into a clearing. A large building, made of rusted corrugated steel, dominated the area. This was, I was informed, the main research center and home to various laboratories and classrooms. A series of concrete-bunker looking structures indicated multi storied dormitories that housed the students and researchers. I was told that each visitor to the island was given his or her own room and bathroom. A fair portion of the men and women that visited had Asperger's syndrome or at the very least were reclusive by choice. Privacy was an important part of the experience on this island of geniuses. A scattering of other utilitarian buildings dotted the complex, denoting research labs of all types.

So what the Hell was I supposed to do in this place? I had gone to sea for my entire adult life. I'd gone to college, but had neither excelled nor taken much interest in any courses beyond those needed for my chosen career path. I had no business conducting research or attending the institute. Instead, I was to be the Director of Extra Curricular Activites. In essence, I would be what amounted to a camp counselor. I'd been a sailing instructor in the past and enjoyed hosting parties in college so the job seemed like a semi good fit to me. Apparently, morale among the residents had suffered in the last year since another DECA had chosen to resign. The pay for my lowly position was almost non-existent beyond room and board. But, I had no debts or bills beyond a $70 a month storage unit back in Texas, so I could afford to live like this for awhile.

Who knew? Maybe I'd learn a thing or two while on an island filled with so much intelligence?

Courtesy of my position, I'd be staying in a bungalo on the far edge of the compound. The Thai administrator kindly unlocked the door to the cabin and bid me fairwell before departing with a slightly flirtatious smile. I considered how I would possibly pursue the woman if ever given the chance, but put the thought aside. I was jetlagged and exhausted. More than anything, I wanted to sleep.

Inside the concrete walled cabin, I found an efficiency apartment of sorts. A small kitchen sat at the back of a living area. A worn out couch sat along one wall while a flatscreen TV had been unceremoniously bolted onto the opposite wall. A doorway led into a fair sized bedroom, dominated by a queen sized, platform styled bed. A small closet was reached by one door and the only bathroom in the place was reached by the other. The bathroom had a decent sized tub and sink. A tankless water heater, a common fixture of SE Asia, was mounted on one of the walls in the space.

The cabin looked a little bit more run down than I had expected, but it was clean. Having completed my self tour, I faceplanted on the bed and passed out.

I awoke fourteen hours later, at just past local midnight. My stomach rumbled from hunger almost as strongly as my bladder pressed outward. I quickly relieved myself and washed my hands, then went in search of food. The minute pantry in my cabin proved to be a bust. A few bottles of spices could be found, as well as some unopened condiments, but there was no actual food to be spoken of. Hungry and desperate, I left my new home in search of nourishment.

The night air was warm and still. At this late hour, there were a few lights illuminating the various gravel and concrete paths that crisscrossed the compound, but mostly the place was dark. I'd been told that there was a diesel generator on sight, as the island was dozens of miles from any municipal power source. But fuel was expensive to import so TITS did everything possible to rely on alternative power as able. The dormitories, I had been told, had extra thick walls to aid in lowering electrical consumption. I passed one of these darkened buildings quietly. It struck me as odd that there was nobody else walking the compound. It wasn't that late. Surely there were some people out at this hour, somewhere. Wasn't it Friday night? Or was it Saturday? The time change was really throwing me off.

I made my way to the main research building. The double glass doors were unlocked and the welcome center/atrium was as quiet as it was dark. I wandered around briefly before finding a stair tower and a sign indicating that the cafeteria was on the third floor. Sure enough, I found a quiet and empty cafeteria on the top floor, overlooking the atrium. There were no snack machines in the space and there were no provisions set out for as "night rations". Desperate, I pushed into the industrial kitchen. There, I found the makings for ham and cheese sandwiches and made three of the things before my stomach started to ease.

After gorging myself, I began exploring the building. I wandered the mostly dark hallways on the third floor for some time, finding only closed and locked doors. I saw signs denoting chemistry labs and classrooms, but had no way to actually enter any of the spaces. Unphased, I descended a floor and continued my wanderings. Here, for the first time, I saw signs of life. An open door could be seen and the distinct tone of laughter could be heard. Eager to meet my new compatriots and generally bored, I entered the open doorway after a curt knock.

The laughter stopped.

I had apparently wandered into a human biology or medical lab of some sort. Posters illustrating various body parts and systems covered the walls. Microscopes stood on tables along one wall in addition to a variety of other tools and devices scattered elsewhere. The source of the noise, however, had to have been the three Asian featured individuals sitting at a table in the middle of the room. Two women, that appeared to be twenty years old at most, sat opposite of a man that was probably closer to thirty. All three turned and stared at me like I was the boogeyman himself.

"How ya'll doing?" I posed.

Silence.

Three heads bowed slightly.

"Sawadi Kop," I greeted in Thai.

Nothing.

Dammit. There were supposedly several nationalities represented on the island. Of course, I'd run into somebody that spoke zero English on my first encounter with the locals.

"Konichua?" I said cautiously.

"Konichua," the three said in return.

Japanese. Great. I spoke even less Japanese than I did Thai.

"Do you speak English?" I asked the group.

"I speak some...English," one of the women responded.

The two girls were polar opposites. The one that had responded looked like a stereotypical Asian schoolgirl with dark hair, dark eyes, pert mouth and small frame. She was dressed in jean shorts and t-shirt, showing long thin legs and small but well formed breasts. Her compatriot was equally short, but was of heavier build. A muffin top spilled over the waist of her sweat pants and a baggy t shirt guarded a healthier chest. This second girl eyed me with annoyance.

"What do you want?" the heavier girl asked grouchily.

Apparently she could speak English as well.

"I just wanted to say hello. I'm Mike. I'm new here-" I started.

"Well hello back. Now please leave. We are very busy," the girl snapped.

I blinked. This was not the reception I'd expected.

The thinner girl gave a wane smile and a wave. The other girl made a show of snuggling up to the man in the group and ignoring my presence. The man, who had thus far been silent, stared at me through thick glasses. The two girls resumed talking in Japanese to each other as they typed on their laptops.

"...nice meeting ya'll. I'll chat another time," I stated before leaving the lab.

On the first floor, I saw another light in another open doorway. I was tempted to ignore the light and return to my cabin, but I was still curious about my new home. After another polite knock, I entered what I took to be a chemistry lab. Glass pipes, bunson burners and all the normal fixtures of a high school chemistry lab were present. Sitting at a table littered with various pieces of notebook paper was a bespectacled girl of almost dwarflike height and limber frame. Immediately, the girl looked up from her work and stared at me.

"Hello, my name is Mike. Do you speak English?"

"Hi Mike," the girl said in a timid, slightly breathy voice.

I waited for the girl to say more in return, but nothing came.

"I don't mean to interrupt. I'm new here. I'm the new DECA on the island," I explained.

"Oh...hi."

"And you are...?" I pressed, coming closer to the young blonde.

"Jen. My name is Jen."

Small talk commenced. Jen, as best as I could figure, was working late hours on a chemistry project that required different steps be completed at various times over the course of a week. The girl was American and supposedly hailed from Florida. I didn't get her actual age, but I guessed that she was probably only a year or two past her high school graduation. That is, normal graduation age. There were a fair number of gifted individuals on the island that had graduated years ahead of their peers.

Jen was not very talkative though. Every detail given required a direct question. She wasn't rude like the heavyset Japanese girl upstairs though. She was just a bit awkward. Throughout the conversation, the girl continuously changed her position in her chair, made adjustments to her scattered papers or repositioned her glasses.

"Well, you look like you are busy. I'll let you get back to work," I stated.

"I guess I'll see you...around," Jen replied before giggling madly.

A raised eyebrow was my response.

"Around...because the island is round. Sort of..."

I politely chuckled at the honestly not that inventive joke, then said goodbye and departed.

With nothing else to do at the odd hour, I returned to my bungalo and showered.

After exiting the tub, I stood, naked in my bathroom and pondered my reflection. At 6'0" tall and 175 pounds, I was neither a muscle-bound he man nor a scrawny shrimp. I had the tiniest of protrusions on my stomach that was the end result of lots of fried food consumed at my last job. A farmer's tan coated my toned, but not overly muscular upper body. My endowment would never label me as a porn star, but it wouldn't have me embarrassed to show it either. My blonde hair was trimmed short. My hazel eyes looked especially gray that night as I contemplated my future.

I didn't know what this island or its institute would bring me. I didn't know where life would take me. But I knew that I was in for an adventure of a lifetime that I would, hopefully, recall fondly. This is my story of my time on The Island.