The Jacket to Hell

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Rummaging around in her handbag, she produced a crumpled sheet of paper.

"The divorce petition, Steve. Signed without restriction. You're officially free of me. We'll need to talk about the house, but I want no further claim on you, since it was me who trashed our relationship in the first place. Thank you for the offer of dinner, but suddenly I'm not so hungry any more. Good night."

She stood quickly, trying to hide the tears that had formed, and disappeared in a rush.

"Well, that was a bit unexpected," I smiled at Tim Delaney. "Now maybe we can enjoy our dinner."

The court was reconvened for the sentencing hearing about a month later, so Tim Delaney and I decided to attend. To our surprise, Dianne was in the gallery too, dressed conservatively in a business suit and looking a million bucks.

Sentencing was brief. The judge droned through the charges and the guilty verdicts and piled years of jail time upon years of jail time for each. The final tally was somewhere over twenty years, but Seaward would be eligible for parole, given time served to date, in nine years and seven months. He looked up and met my gaze and seeing the relieved smile on my face, mouthed something that might have been "fuck you," but I was content. The scheming bastard who stole my wife while I was earning his living by driving trucks all over the country now had his comeuppance. He had lost the money he salted away, lost his wife, his company and his lover, all in the space of three months. I gave him my cheeriest smile as he was led away to serve his time, and for the first time noticed Seaward's soon-to-be ex-wife in the gallery.

She smiled my way and we met near the exit on our way out.

"Take a girl to lunch?" she volunteered.

Two steps behind her, listening to every word, stood my ex-wife Dianne.

"Love to." I beamed.

Dianne spluttered and quickly turned away.

The lady took my offered arm and we strolled sedately to a quiet restaurant near the courthouse. After years of pain, humiliation and frustration, I finally looked forward to what the future might hold.