The Journey Of Alanna Ch. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It lasted several agonizing minutes, during which all she could do was writhe on the floor. Slowly the pain subsided and her flesh stopped feeling like it was trying to crawl off of her, and she rose to her feet unsteadily.

She felt... Bigger. She touched her arms and was surprised to find actual muscle. It wasn't just her arms, she found muscle definition all over. It wasn't much, she hadn't just turned into some kind of Barbarian warlord, but compared to the skinny figure she had before she felt so much stronger. She lifted her backpack and found it far easier than before. All that power the alraune had was now hers, and she couldn't be happier!

She also noticed a strange, flowery scent. At first she checked her clothes, wondering if she accidentally spilled any alraune essence on herself, but soon found that the source of the smell was her! She pulled up her status screen to see what was new.

"Lesser Alraune's Pheromones: Alraune lure in their prey by giving off a sweet scent that puts their victims at ease. Reduces hostile intent in all nearby animals or humanoids, though does not eliminate it. Increases effectiveness of user's Charisma score."

"Ambidextrous: You are equally proficient with both sides of your body."

Alanna pondered the info her status screen had given her on her new abilities. Most of the feats and traits she gained from consuming extracts so far had provided her a nice combat boost, but this pheromone ability didn't seem to have much combat application at all. It was also strange how this was the ability of a "lesser" alraune, not a greater one. She started to suspect she didn't outright steal abilities from monsters. There was some sort of filter at play that stopped her from getting all the powers a monster had, she believed, but she had no way to deny or confirm her suspicions. Her mind wandered to that Sorceress, Melisandre, and how she undoubtedly learned all her complex incantations and hand gestures just by leveling up her Class.

"Oh well," she thought. "I already knew I was doing things the hard way."

Next she turned her attention on the unicorn's horn. Her gut twisted a little as she prepared another batch of the acidic glowcap concentrate that she needed to dissolve it into an extract. If she just sold it off, she'd probably make a fortune... However, she may never find another horn like this again. If the stories that she read as a child were to be believed, unicorn's were a dying breed, and she solidly concluded that nothing was worth passing up on the potential power of a unicorn's extract.

She dropped the horn into the bubbling mixture, then proceeded to distill it as she did with the alraune extract. The end result was a silvery mixture. If it had a core she could not see it, as the entire solution gave off a light of its own.

Despite the pain of the previous extract being fresh in her mind, Alanna downed the extract with little hesitation.

Unlike the other extracts, which were quick to cause pain after she imbibed them, this one did not. A warmth spread through her limbs. It felt kind of pleasant, like downing a hot drink on a cold day, but stronger. She looked down at her hands and saw a faint yellow glow around them. "Wow..."she muttered as she turned them over, observing the light pulse alongside her heartbeat and slowly growing stronger. It was gentle, like the sun breaking through the rain clouds in spring. She struggled to look away as a peacefulness descended on her like a warm blanket.

When she snapped out of her trance, the sun had already gone down outside. She wasn't sure how much time had passed, which freaked her out more than the usual pain would. Her throat felt painfully dry, and she guessed it must have been at least several hours. She wondered what that glow was, so she opened her status window again.

"Unicorn Immunity: Unicorns cannot be dominated or tamed. Full immunity to Charm effects."

Charm effects were fairly rare, and always magical, but full immunity was even rarer. She eagerly read the second ability she gained.

"Unicorn Magic: Locked"

"Locked?" She asked aloud. There was no response, but she had never heard of 'locked' feats before. She wondered if something had gone wrong with the extract, or if this ability just wasn't transferable.

However, a more pressing issue manifested itself. She felt an mass at her groin that shifted uncomfortably as she stood up. Her heart skipped a beat when she realized she felt something down there that hadn't been there before. She swallowed dryly, pulling open her pants... Only to find a black-skinned, five inch erection poking out of a sheath that definitely hadn't been there before, paired with a leathery scrotum.

"Oh... Oh no, no no no!"

"Half-Rabbitfolk Peasant.

Level 4

Hitpoints: 35/35

Mana: 8/8

Strength: 15

Dexterity: 19

Constitution: 17

Intelligence: 13

Wisdom: 15

Charisma: 15

Experience: 2.8%.

Feats: [Good Runner (Racial)], [Great Hearing (Racial)], [Weather Reader (Class)], [Darkvision (Racial)], [Goblin Trapfinding (Racial)] [Plant Analyzer (Class)], [Animal Analyzer (Class)], [Tremorsense, Lesser (Racial)], [Enhanced Reflexes, Lesser (Mutation)], [Poison Resistance, Lesser (Racial)], [Alraune's Pheromones, Lesser (Racial)], [Ambidextrous (Trait)], [Unicorn Immunity (Racial)], [Unicorn Magic, Locked (Racial)]

Conditions: None"

12