The King's Lover

Story Info
Based on a story about 1800s Hawaiian king Kamehameha III.
3.5k words
4.74
5.9k
2
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
joygush
joygush
94 Followers

Somewhere in the grand course of history, things had gone inexorably wrong for the people of the Hawaiian Islands. This, at least, was the prevailing sentiment among the Hawaiian people-the Kanaka Maoli, as they called themselves. It loomed like a rainstorm over the reign of the young king Kauikeaouli Kamehameha III. The plagues that had ravaged the islands in the seventy years since the white man had arrived shook the foundations of the monarchy. Why are we dying, the Kanaka Maoli endlessly debated? Whose fault is it?

In the king's mind, it all seemed to boil down to one preoccupation: the slippery, misbehaving bodies of the people. The missionaries told them that they had been doing all the wrong things with their bodies-wearing the wrong clothes, dancing the wrong songs, making love to each other in the wrong ways. They proclaimed that the people's lust for each other, the carelessness with which they made love, was dragging their civilization through the muck of moral and physical decline. The rules they proposed for how the Kanaka Maoli should have sex with each other at first seemed ludicrous to the people, who were accustomed to roaming from lover to lover with ease. To limit one's appetite to only one person throughout the course of an entire lifetime seemed profoundly unnatural. But, just as they learned to don the tight, hot, itchy clothing of the Europeans, many Kanaka were slowly inculcated to the missionaries' stringent sexual morals. Decades of biblical-style plagues was enough to convince many people of the salience of biblical virtues.

Kauikeaouli was beginning to be convinced by the missionaries' fervent claims. Not enough to refrain himself from sleeping with multiple lovers, male and female, but enough to make him feel guilty about it. The paranoia of Christian morality crept into his consciousness, interrupting him in the act of making love and making him feel dirty for the pleasure he took in the beautiful bodies of his lovers. The sweat, the moans, the hot, heavy breathing-these expressions of passion began to feel tainted. His own government had recently passed an edict banning promiscuous acts, under the influence of his Calvinist mother and co-ruler. It seemed like the inevitable direction of the Hawaiian islands: necessary for entry into modernity, for being a player on the world stage next to the European powers. Perhaps marriage was the way, he began to think; perhaps he should rein in his passions once and for all and submit himself to the restrictive contract of matrimony.

That is, until Kaomi entered his life.

His presence crept up on Kauikeaouli gradually. He could not pinpoint a single moment when he met Kaomi, but all of a sudden he seemed to see him everywhere. At dinner with other ali'i nobles, Kaomi would always be the person in the room with the most incisive, eloquently worded observations. Having both a European education and an impressive indigenous knowledge of healing, he had a distinct knack for seeming the expert in every situation. He inserted himself into discussions on matters of state with such subtle persistence that it began to seem self-evident for him to be consulted on any issue, from foreign trade with America to decorations for the new royal residence in Honolulu. He was one of those remarkable personalities who took up a disproportionate amount of space in any room he occupied. His wide smile spread over a crowd contagiously. His eloquent oratory shone in every conversation. And he knew how to work a crowd-how to play up the mystery of his Tahitian heritage, how to weave drama and humor into the most unassuming stories.

It was after dinner one night, in the warm twilight of the king's palace garden, that Kauikeaouli first admitted to himself his feelings for Kaomi. In the group of other palace regulars, Kaomi had commandeered a spot for himself right beside Kauikeaouli at the table. His relaxed posture conveyed none of the usual deference the people of the court usually showed to the king. His legs were spread with intentional carelessness, so that his left knee almost grazed Kauikeaouli's pant leg, but not quite. Kauikeaouli felt Kaomi's magnanimous confidence radiate outward from him. It made his heart flutter, Kaomi's effortless command of the room. Kauikeaouli's own power as king had always felt to him as if it did not fit quite right, like a shirt collar that was too tight; Kaomi, by contrast, seemed to inhabit the spotlight like a kihei shawl that had been sewn just for him. As Kaomi regaled the crowd with a story about a man he had healed just by touching his stomach, it came to light that he had recently composed a mele in honor of the monarchy. His captive audience insisted he perform the chant, a drum was produced, and Kaomi graciously assented.

"In honor of the Kamehameha bloodline," he explained, taking off his dinner jacket and getting up to dance. "To your virility and longevity," he told Kauikeaouli. Kauikeaouli watched with fascination as Kaomi brought his body into alignment and began to chant the mele in a clear, true tenor. The words, cunningly crafted, melted into each other with the same ease of expression that Kaomi inhabited in his persona. He sang of power, pleasure and procreation-of the strength of the body and the fertility of the royal loins. There were hidden meanings in the song, too, as there were in all good meles, lyrics that carried echoes of war and unsettled power. As Kaomi chanted, his body moved in harmony with the rhythm and the lyrics. His pelvis moved in and out and side to side with masterful liquidity; his arms illustrated each stanza with heavenly clarity; and his feet instilled the rhythm deep into the ground. Kaomi brought the power and procreation he sang of into being through the movements of his body. His gyrating hips conjured it into existence.

Kauikeaouli was utterly and thoroughly captivated. He could not take his eyes off of Kaomi's figure. The man's beauty was undeniable: the smoothness of his skin, the broadness of his shoulders, the intensity behind his eyes. The dance complimented his features perfectly. Kauikeaouli took note of the outlines of Kaomi's legs and chest beneath his collared shirt and trousers. It made him wonder what Kaomi would look like if he were to dance without the restrictive European clothing, as his predecessors had done only a generation earlier. In watching Kaomi sing and dance, Kauikeaouli realized that he wanted to make love to him, that perhaps he always had. An inkling of Christian doubt tugged at him: there was a rule in the Bible about making love to men, wasn't there? But he did not heed the doubt at the back of his mind. He could not, not in the face of Kaomi's intoxicating magnetism.

Kaomi sat down next to Kauikeaouli after he finished his dance and song. He smiled at Kauikeaouli knowingly, as if he knew perfectly well the effect his dancing had had on the king, and was not surprised by it. Kauikeaouli smiled back at him. "Would you like to have sex with me tonight?" Kauikeaouli offered, getting straight to the point.

Kaomi tilted his head up as if considering the offer. Kauikeaouli awaited his response with bated breath. Was it really a difficult decision for him, Kauikeaouli wondered, or was Kaomi perhaps taking his time to assent because he liked the idea of making the king wait? "Yes," his answer came finally. "I'd like that very much."

The two left the gathering conspicuously, arm in arm. As Kauikeaouli led Kaomi toward his palace suite, Kaomi spoke. "I'm surprised you took an interest in me, your majesty," he began. "Am I mistaken, or wasn't it your government that recently banned so-called 'promiscuous' acts?" Kaomi's smirk showed that he knew how great of a presumption it was to question the king's motives, and that he was confident enough in his own influence not to fear retribution.

Kauikeaouli blushed. "Well, we have to seem respectable, don't we?" He defended himself.

"They say it isn't pono, love between men-that it isn't righteous. That's what they teach you in missionary school." Kauikeaouli glanced at Kaomi, trying to deduce the seriousness of his observation, and found that Kaomi was grinning. He was teasing Kauikeaouli, making fun of his government's ambiguous relationship with the Christian missionaries. Kauikeaouli didn't mind. In truth, he found Kaomi's boldness attractive.

"Do you believe it?" Kauikeaouli asked him. "Did the missionaries convince you when you studied with them?"

"I believe that the Christian god frowns on sodomy, yes," Kaomi responded thoughtfully. "But he is not the only god we Kanaka Maoli have to contend with. We mustn't let our allegiance to Jehovah keep us from our responsibilities to the other akua in the Hawaiian pantheon."

They had reached Kauikeauli's suite. Kauikeaouli opened the door for Kaomi and followed him inside. The rooms were dimly lit by candlelight, and a sumptuous bed lay in the center of the bedroom, framed by blue velvet curtains. Kauikeaouli sat down on the bed and took off his jacket.

"Well, Kaomi," he said, "how do you propose we honor the Hawaiian akua tonight?"

Kaomi was unbuttoning his shirt. "By honoring the power and pleasure of the monarch," he said matter-of-factly.

Kauikeaouli's pulse raced as his eyes perused the outlines of Kaomi's chest. "Sing and dance the mele you wrote again, please," he entreated.

Kaomi smiled. "Of course, your majesty."

"You don't need to call me that."

"Very well. Kauikeaouli then."

"You don't need those," Kauikeaouli added, gesturing to Kaomi's trousers. Obligingly, Kaomi removed them. There he was, in all his nude glory. The king took in the image of his naked friend, who gazed back at him, unabashedly erect. Kaomi was endowed with a sizable penis. It was solid and corporeal, like Kaomi himself. Like every other aspect of his being, Kaomi's genitals seemed as if they really and truly belonged to him, and he commanded over them the same effortless synthesis that he did with every other limb in his body.

Kauikeaouli beat a drumbeat onto the wooden bedpost. Kaomi began to chant the mele. For the second time that night, Kauikeaouli felt himself becoming lost to the magnanimous power of Kaomi's performance. Kaomi's clear, decisive voice mingled with the multilayered poetry of the words. The absence of the mediating damper of clothes increased the synthesis of Kaomi's mind and his body. His gyrating body-the uninterrupted skin, the gently bouncing genitals-carried forward the meaning of the mele, with its explosive, joyful celebration of sexuality. Gone from Kauikeaouli's mind were the repressive doubts of missionary morality. This procreation chant was an unabashed ode to the very vitalistic functions the missionaries eschewed-to penises, to semen, to seeds sown in the ground, to blossoming dynasties and reciprocal relationships. Kaomi's body conjured connections, with the past, the future, and the throbbing, tangible present. And Kauikeaouli felt himself swell with arousal as he observed the momentous ceremony taking place before his eyes.

Kaomi finished the mele, looking flushed after the exertion of the dance. He looked up at Kauikeaouli, as if waiting for the king to decide what to do next. In response, Kauikeaouli got to his knees and brought his mouth to Kaomi's penis.

"Oh..." Kaomi exclaimed softly, "so this is what you want."

Kauikeaouli brought his mouth down the length of Kaomi's staff. It felt like the only appropriate thing to do after the illustrious performance Kaomi had given. He wanted to be as close as humanly possible to Kaomi's body, to welcome Kaomi into him and give his body the deference it so clearly deserved. He felt Kaomi's penis fill his mouth, pressing on the back of his throat, and he brought his mouth down even further, as if to consume Kaomi, to melt into him. He felt Kaomi's hand rest on the back of his head, a steady presence as he gathered momentum moving up and down the length of Kaomi's member. Kaomi's hand tightened around his hair, guiding the movements of his head. Kauikeaouli could tell that Kaomi sensed the submissive current coursing through his movements, the relish with which he followed Kaomi's lead.

Kaomi brought Kauikeaouli's head up and looked at him quizzically. "I would have thought that as king, you'd be used to being in charge," he observed, a knowing smile playing across his lips.

"Oh no," Kauikeaouli laughed. "I am quite used to letting other people make decisions for me," he admitted. "My mother. My cabinet. My lovers. I am yours, Kaomi. All of me is yours tonight."

Kaomi's smile broadened. "I know." His grip on Kauikeaouli's hair tightened, and with it he brought Kauikeaouli up to a standing position and kissed him on the lips, fully and thoroughly. "All mine..." he mused, running his hands up and down the length of Kauikeaouli's body. "Take off your clothes for me."

Kauikeaouli obeyed readily. He unbuttoned his shirt and trousers, took them off, then removed his underclothes. The warm air that floated in through the open window tickled his skin. It reminded him of how corporeal he was, how he inhabited a breathing, moving, copulating body. He felt Kaomi's eyes take in the sight of his nudity. Kaomi surveyed the strong, supple terrain of Kauikeaouli's body with a kind of effortless dominance. Everywhere he looked, Kauikeaouli's skin seemed to tingle under Kaomi's gaze, coming alive as Kaomi observed it. Kaomi ran a single finger down the center of Kauikeaouli's chest, across his stomach, and down the length of his penis. "You've got a good cock," he observed.

"Thank you," Kauikeaouli blushed. "So do you."

Kaomi spat on his hand and began rubbing Kauikeouli's penis in a steady rhythm. "Oh..." Kauikeaouli moaned. "Thank you," he murmured. He felt flickers of pleasure emanate through his body from his core. Kaomi renewed his grasp on his hair, tilting his head back and kissing his neck. "Oh!" Kauikeaouli exclaimed. Held in place by Kaomi's steady hands, he gave himself to the pleasure of it; he lost himself in Kaomi's grasp. He felt so present in Kaomi's embrace, invested absolutely in the moment. The past and the future seemed to melt away into the shuddering totality of the present.

Kaomi gave Kauikeaouli a light push onto the bed and crawled on top of him. He pinned Kauikeaouli's hands to the bed and kissed him on the lips with deep, masterful fervor. He kissed his forehead, his cheek, his neck, his chest. "Tell me you're mine," he said. "I want to hear it from you again."

"I'm yours," Kauikeaouli breathed. "Every inch of me."

Kaomi spread Kauikeaouli's legs with his hands. His finger traveled down Kauikeaouli's leg and encircled his anus. "Every inch?"

Kauikeaouli nodded. "Yes."

Kaomi wet his finger with his mouth and began toying with Kauikeaouli's hole with a gentle, persistent pressure. His other hand stroked Kauikeaouli's penis. "Relax," Kaomi whispered. "Let me in."

"Yes," Kauikeaouli murmured. He did his best to relax his muscles as Kaomi moved his finger deeper and deeper inside of him. "Yes!"

Kaomi was patient, working Kauikeaouli's channel with his fingers until it yielded for him. "Good," he crooned, "just like that."

Kauikeaouli breathed heavily. The bliss of penetration overtook him. He felt so close to Kaomi, so open to him, so radically intimate. "Thank you," he whispered automatically.

"Do you want me to fuck you?" Kaomi asked.

"Yes."

"Say it." Kaomi made eye contact with Kauikeaouli. His piercing gaze read the submissive joy written across Kauikeaouli's face.

"I want you to fuck me, Kaomi" Kauikeaouli declared.

Kaomi grinned. "Beg me for it, Kauikeaouli. I want to hear you beg for it."

And so Kauikeaouli begged. "Please," he pleaded, "oh please, Kaomi! I want to feel you inside me. I want you so badly."

In answer, Kaomi thrust his member into Kauikeaouli's hole. Kauikeaouli gasped. Kaomi moaned. He felt Kaomi deftly coax space for himself in his body with a persistent thrust of his hips, and he yielded for him obediently. In and out Kaomi thrust, seeming to revel in the effect that each pump of his pelvis had on the shuddering body of the king. Kauikeaouli gave himself to the experience, to the painful, pleasurable thrill of receiving Kaomi so intimately. He moved his hips in rhythm with Kaomi's rhythm.

"So sweet. So good. So compliant," Kaomi whispered, relishing in the absoluteness of Kauikeaouli's submission. In answer, Kauikeaouli simply moaned. Formulating words felt beyond his capacity at the moment.

Kaomi's thrusts were accelerating now. Kauikeaouli's breath came to him more and more heavily, his moans and sighs more and more desperate. Kaomi was stroking Kauikeaouli's penis with one hand as he pumped, and Kauikeaouli felt an orgasmic power gather in his groin as Kaomi moved his member deep inside of him. With a deep, guttural exclamation, Kauikeaouli came, spilling semen on his chest and stomach. The outburst heightened Kaomi's fervor, and he pounded himself to orgasm with ardent finality. As Kaomi climaxed, ejaculating deep inside Kauikeaouli, Kauikeaouli cried out with the intensity of the experience.

Kaomi lay on top of Kauikeaouli for a moment. The two men grasped each other in silence, listening to each other's breathing. Kauikealouli felt full, complete, thoroughly and dizzyingly vulnerable. He trembled with the aftershock of the penetration, steadied within Kaomi's grasp. "Every inch of you," Kaomi whispered.

"Every inch of me," Kauikeaouli assented.

Presently, they got up and went to clean themselves off in the washbasin. Kaomi sat down on the edge of the bed, and Kauikeaouli sat next to him. "How do you feel?" Kaomi asked.

Kauikeaouli kissed Kaomi in response. Words came to him slowly. "Tranquil," he said finally. "Close."

"Me too."

Kauikeaouli ran his hand through Kaomi's hair. "Will you be my aikane?" He asked. "Aikane" was the Kanaka word for a same-sex lover and close friend. It had gone somewhat out of fashion in the years since the missionaries had arrived on the islands, but it still bore the same meaning: love, friendship, and mutual pleasure.

Kaomi did not take his time answering Kauikeaouli, as he had done when Kauikeaouli had first asked to make love to him. His "yes" was definite and immediate.

Kauikeaouli smiled. "Thank you."

"Your mother won't be happy, you know," Kaomi added.

"No, I suppose not." Kauikeaouli's mother, who had converted to Christianity years ago, would indeed be displeased. Kauikeaouli sighed. "I don't know whether to feel guilty or not. For going against my mother's wishes. Going against the rules of my own government."

"Guilt is such a Christian word. So insidious, so paranoid. Those missionaries-they spend their lives preoccupied about the afterlife. We Kanaka Maoli have more immediate things to worry about in this life." Kaomi's hand massaged Kauikeaouli's leg absently.

Kauikeaouli considered Kaomi's observation. Suddenly, the weight of it all came crashing down on him-the epidemics that ravaged the people of the islands, the encroachments from global powers on the other end of the world. The stakes of his relationship with his own body were so high. Was Christianity the future, and indigenous religion the past? Were the restrictive rules of Christian sexuality the path of redemption for his people? What gamble was he taking with the heavens when he flouted the decrees of the powerful missionaries so flagrantly? "I am caught between two worlds, Kaomi," he said, "and I don't know which one is real."

Kauikeaouli looked at Kaomi pleadingly, as if Kaomi might know the answer to the impossible question. Kaomi was silent. For once in his life, he seemed at a loss for what to say. "I don't know either," he admitted finally.

The two sat in silence, the terrible clash of cosmologies weighing on them. Heaven or earth? Material balance or spiritual ascendency? To celebrate sexuality or to restrain it? Which spelled the Kanaka Maoli's salvation?

joygush
joygush
94 Followers
12