The Kiss Ch. 01

Story Info
An awakening abroad.
888 words
4.52
7.8k
5

Part 1 of the 6 part series

Updated 07/07/2023
Created 10/21/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
EmilyMiller
EmilyMiller
718 Followers

The Kiss - Chapter One

Gemma stood next to Emily, leaning on the parapet and admiring the view. Both girls' breath came in clouds. Maybe early January was a less than ideal time to visit Niagara, but at least they had avoided the crowds. Not a soul was in sight.

Gemma had always wanted to visit the US, but having a local as a guide was perfect. She and Emily had got to know each other on-line. Gemma had a trip arranged, Emily had some leave she needed to use or lose and a plan had come together.

The two of them had become close over the last few days. Exploring New York from Emily's Jersey base, going to the Shore whale watching and just hanging out and eating pizza. Now they were on a road trip.

Emily was older than Gemma by a few years, but the age gap didn't seem relevant. They found that they shared a sense of humor, as well as a taste for pizza and silly TV shows. Emily was, well, American, and Gemma was definitively not. But they met somewhere in the middle. Gemma thought that maybe she was coming out of her shell being round Emily, not acting as shy and retiring as normal. It felt nice.

They had headed out in Emily's car, sharing the driving and checked in to a quaint hotel last night. Emily had described it as Victorian, but it wasn't what Gemma thought of as that architecture, more Amityville than the red-brick terraces back home.

They had been too tired to do anything but crash last night. A miscommunication meant that they had a double bed instead of the twins they had asked for, but that was no big deal. It had been nice to chat to Emily face to face before they fell asleep, nice to make plans for the morning. It had been nicer still to feel Emily's warm body curled up next to her, that had felt comforting, but also, what was the word, tingly maybe? Gemma wasn't quite sure, it was a new feeling, but she knew she had liked it.

Now watching the gray waters slowly pour earthwards, looking more like a translucent form of treacle than anything else, Gemma felt content. The spectacle was humbling, but also comforting. There was such beauty and serenity in the world. She began to feel somewhat Zen, to feel connected with the majesty of nature. She was warm, despite the frigid air.

In this state, it felt like the most natural thing in the world to have a hand interlock with hers. Gemma was mentally reaching out already and a physical connection seemed to just be an extension of this. She felt fingers squeeze hers through winter gloves and turned to smile at Emily, who reciprocated. Emily's gray-blue eyes fixed on Gemma's and held her gaze steadily, her hair being tugged across her face by the breeze. In other circumstances, such prolonged eye contact might have felt awkward. Here, today, in this place, it felt right.

Emily removed one glove and extended a hand towards Gemma's face. Gemma pulled back reflexively, dipping her head to her breast. But she was not entirely the same girl who had left Heathrow a few days ago. She raised her eyes again and mouthed "sorry" to her friend. Emily had halted, her hand in space, but reassured she now touched Gemma's cheek, then caressed it. Tingly, that word again. Little flickers of electricity ran from Emily's fingertips through Gemma's body.

Gemma dipped her head again, but this time towards Emily's hand, nestling her cheek against her friend's palm. It felt cozy, but she could also feel her heart racing. She took off a glove as well and placed her hand over Emily's, then gently turned her friend's hand so as to kiss the palm softy.

Gemma looked up and again connected with Emily's steady stare. She clasped Emily's hand to her breast, reaching out to stroke her cheek, extending the same tenderness that Emily had shown her. But there was something more than tenderness. It was there in Emily'a stare, there in Gemma's pulse rate. Neither of them had said a word, but an understanding had been exchanged. Releasing Emily's hand, Gemma cupped her friend's face and moved her own towards it.

Eyes closed, lips parted and met. Brushing at first, tentative, exploring. Then more certainly with pressure, with rising intensity. The girls pulled back. They looked at each other differently than they had before. Or perhaps they finally acknowledged what had always been there. They rejoined more forcibly. Gemma felt Emily's hands on the back of her head, Emily's body pressing against hers and Emily's tongue in her mouth.

Gemma was in a foreign land, with a foreign friend, but part of her felt that she had found her home.

Continued in Chapter Two.

Endnotes

  • This chapter had it's genesis in a conversation with another Literotica.com member.

  • The style and content are both major departures from my normal stories, but I hope that those who have enjoyed my other work will still find something to like here.

  • A particularly massive thank you to the other member featured for suggesting that I publish this private message. Her name has obviously been changed.

EmilyMiller
EmilyMiller
718 Followers