The Last of Her Kind Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I would like that." He leaned back into the bench, putting his arms up. Just sitting here with her and talking was already doing him a world of good. Nothing seemed to exist outside of this space, the rest of the world having packed up and disappeared. The air was heavy with a floral scent, and a curious bee landed on his knee, crawling in a circle.

"Well, since my accident, I've been unable to... function properly." Ana put her hands on her knees and sighed. "Obviously, I'm not just referring to walking."

"I get that. How bad is it?"

"Well, I can't walk. I do know when I have to go to the bathroom, otherwise I would have to carry around a bag. But in terms of certain other functions, it... uh..." Her pale face turned bright pink. "The accident happened when I was young. Since then, I've had no desire to experiment with intimacy or sexuality. There simply wasn't any need. But recently, I've started having strange thoughts and feelings."

"Sex feelings?"

She nodded. "My doctor says that because the injury happened when I was young, it's possible that some of those nerves started regrowing. Now that I'm a bit older, my brain is being exposed to a flood of hormones it isn't used to, and that's caused my recent... uh... issue."

"You mean like what happened the other night?"

"Yeah. So when you brought it up at breakfast the day after, I thought about how it would be nice to share these feelings with someone willing to be patient with me." She smiled at him and took his hand in hers. "You've seemed pretty patient so far. And I know this isn't a normal thing, really. But you seem to think that I might be able to help you through some things as well."

Darren nodded. "Before I came back, I spoke with some doctors. They told me that I might struggle with becoming a civilian, but I had no idea it would be this bad. However, this place seems to have a hold on me, and now I suspect that you may be a part of that. There's a voice in the back of my mind that keeps whispering that I should move on, just keep going until I drop dead. But another part of me wants something more. It wasn't until recently that I realized just how lonely I am, and I don't know why I feel so safe and clear-headed when you're nearby, but that's the God honest truth."

Ana nodded. "Maybe it's because we're both survivors and we see that in each other."

"That could be." He shifted, and his bee friend left. "I haven't talked this much in ages, but I feel like I can tell you anything." A dark thought crossed his mind, and he frowned. "Maybe there are some things I should tell you. Especially before this goes too much farther."

"Oh, shit." The voice came from behind them. When Darren turned to look, he saw a teenage boy holding hands with a long-haired girl who looked embarrassed to be seen. The two of them turned tail and headed back up the trail.

He chuckled. The fact that they had managed to sneak up on them told him plenty about his own head-space. He felt relaxed with Ana nearby.

"What was I saying?" he asked.

However, Ana's eyes were locked on his face, her dark eyes intensely examining him. Surprised, his mouth opened and she leaned forward and kissed him, hard.

🕷️🕷️🕷️

Goddamn horny teenagers, she thought to herself. She could smell their arousal coming down the trail, and she was plenty worked up by Darren already. More than once, the desire to simply bite him and drag him away and be done with the whole affair had crept over her, threatening to steal control of her mind and future. There was no part of his body right now that didn't either make her horny or hungry.

She would have to eat tonight before she lost her mind. The small birds were like floating snack cakes, and she had almost eaten the bee that had landed on Darren's leg. Now, though, it was all she could do to maintain the kiss, her tongue seeking his.

Darren turned toward her and placed a hand on her leg. It was like a signal flare for her groin, his touch eliciting a far greater response than he could ever know. Her chair rattled, her cramped legs demanding their freedom, and she inhaled his scent, letting it permeate her whole body.

When she placed her hand on top of his, she could feel the strength in it, her fingers sliding until she gripped the bottom of his forearm. The sheer amount of muscle beneath his skin made her salivate, and she grabbed the back of his head with her other hand, pinning him in place.

Her chair groaned, her legs fighting the urge to break free so that she could fuck. Her being was permeated by the need to feel his cock inside her, to ride him until he filled her to the brim. She pushed him away, breaking their kiss. A line of spit connected them briefly, but she wiped it away.

"Ana, I—" his eyes went wide when she squeezed his cock through his pants. He was back in his fatigues, and she started jerking him off through the thick fabric. Darren groaned, his eyes rolling back in his head. Licking her lips, she tasted the venom in her saliva, her fangs threatening to slide free.

Her senses came alive, and she realized that she had taken off her glasses. Darren was too busy moaning to notice, so she leaned over, trembling fingers undoing the buttons on his pants. His thick cock had strained the fabric, and when it sprung free, a thick drop of pre-cum hit her in the face.

"Ana," he moaned. She stroked him a few times, marveling at just how much fluid leaked from him already. His arousal was like a musky perfume, filling her head with dangerous thoughts. The insects and birds nearby gave them a wide berth, and she moved her chair so that she sat right in front of him.

"It's so beautiful, Darren." In the waning light of day, she could properly appreciate the monstrosity in her hands. The skin was pulled tight, the head of his cock large enough to properly fill the palm of her hand. The thick ridge at the edge of his glans was smooth underneath, and she slid her fingers beneath it.

"Um, thank you?"

She pumped him with both hands. He lifted his ass so that she could tug his pants down a little, exposing his testicles. She stroked him harder, then leaned forward to inhale the scent of his balls. The odor was heavenly, and her vagina ached. Ana took a few deep breaths to center her thoughts and then licked the base of his shaft.

Upon smelling them up close, she was overtaken by the desire to lick his scrotum. Her jaw popped as it unhinged just enough to inhale both of his testicles at once. They tasted of sweat, and her mind filled with bits of information that made no sense to her.

Their children would be strong and fast. They would be clever too, with minds of their own. Ana had no idea how she could know these things, but the thoughts ran through her mind too quickly to follow. Using her tongue, she rolled his testicles back and forth in her mouth, all while pumping his shaft.

"Ow, shit!" Darren flinched, and Ana lifted her head, alarmed at the sensation of her fangs retracting into her mouth. "Not so rough," he hissed.

A tiny pair of puncture wounds could be seen through the hair of his balls, and she realized that she had bitten him. Unsure what to do, she lifted her head and sucked his cock into her mouth, working her hands up and down at a feverish pace.

The tension melted from him, and he placed his hands on the back of her head. The fluid leaking from his cock helped lubricate his shaft, and she hungrily gobbled him up, licking his frenulum and then teasing his urethra with her tongue.

What had she bitten him with? Every few seconds, she licked the spot where the fangs had vanished between her teeth and the roof of her mouth. Her jaw was full of human teeth and retractable fangs for injecting venom and the enzyme used to prepare food, but this was a set she had never used before.

Darren groaned loudly, and she felt a thick glob of cum hit the back of her throat. She swallowed it in surprise, and her insides churned with excitement. Squeezing the base of his shaft, she tried to milk him for more and was surprised when he cried out and came again, filling her cheeks with a fresh load. It leaked out of her mouth, and she realized she had no way to harvest it properly.

When he came a third time, she swallowed as much of it as she could, her hands now coated in jizz. Darren pushed down on her head until his cock tickled the back of her throat and came a fourth time. She coughed and swallowed what she could, her whole body tingling. Their children would not only be fast, but also good climbers.

"Oh, Ana!" He came one more time, and she swallowed it all. His testicles were giving off tremendous heat, and she now understood what had happened when she bit him. Arachne rarely mated with the same human more than once, and whatever she had injected him with had put his balls into overdrive. Now that she had plenty of cum on her hands, she needed to spin some web and collect it.

But it was impossible. Her spinnerets were trapped inside her wheelchair. She hadn't planned on blowing Darren at the park, but her instincts had taken over. Instead of scooping his jizz into a previously made net, she hungrily licked up what was on her hands, cleaning herself and Darren off with long licks of her tongue. When she was finished, she slid her glasses back on and sat up, then grabbed him by the head and kissed him. His eyes went wide when he tasted just how much of his cum was still in her mouth, but he melted into her with no complaints.

No, the plan had been to get to know him, to see him as human. Every connection she could make with him would prevent her from doing the worst, and the fact that she had resisted her deadlier instincts today gave her hope.

But now that she had tasted him, she wanted more. Both her halves desired him now. It was yet another thing they could agree on.

Leaning back, she could see that his eyes weren't properly focused. "Darren, I... I don't know what came over me."

A sleepy grin broke across his face. "Don't worry about it. You're still learning. But wow, that was easily the best... I mean, I came so hard that my balls hurt a little."

"I'm glad you enjoyed it." She bit her lower lip, her hormones settling. Apparently drinking his cum had done something to quell her desires for now.

"Ana, is there... can I do anything for you?" His eyes found hers, and she could see genuine concern there. "I don't know that I will be as good as you but—"

"Shhh." She placed a finger over his lips. "I'm not quite ready for that yet. I'm just happy to explore you for now. Is that okay?"

A stupid smile crossed his face. "Of course. I'm a red-blooded American male after all."

She smiled and rolled away from him. The clearing had been quiet, but now she could hear the faint sounds of a pair of teens starting down the path. Both of her stomachs growled. "Maybe I would like that meal after all."

"I think I can do that." He buttoned up his pants and stood. "Matty's?"

She nodded. "Matty's." She would feed her human half for now. Once Darren was asleep, she would go out hunting. A shiver of excitement traveled through her abdomen.

This was going to work.

🕷️🕷️🕷️

They were largely quiet at dinner, though Ana shared some of her favorite library stories. Darren listened intently and said little, his mind whirling in circles. They both had burgers, though Ana's was quite a bit rarer than his. She shared her fries with him, and he kept Hannah busy by going through five glasses of water.

The experience in the park had once again chased away the past. He felt relaxed, almost like the Darren who hadn't gone to 'Nam yet, the Darren who still had a brother. He didn't know how to put it into words, but it was like he was high, or even drunk. Nothing seemed to bother him right now, and he enjoyed every second of it.

The comparison, however, worried him. That little voice in the back of his head screamed at him that something was wrong, that his feelings weren't natural, but he ignored it. It was the same voice that warned him about pit traps and Charlie, but he knew for a fact that the war was behind him. Nobody was hunting him, there was no threat of immediate harm. And last time he checked, amazing blowjobs weren't considered a controlled substance.

Grateful for another evening of peace, he frowned when Ana informed him that she was exhausted from their walk earlier and was going to bed early. Disappointed, he ended up going for a light evening jog to burn off some excess energy. Walters met him on the side of the road to say hello and thank him for the tip about the truck, and they exchanged pleasantries for nearly half an hour.

"You seem happy," Walters had told him out of the blue.

"I feel happy," Darren replied.

"Good to hear, son. You deserve it." He then tilted his hat and drove off to check out a potential DUI on the other side of town. Darren watched Walters leave until he couldn't see his tail lights anymore.

A spell had been cast. This dreary little town was no longer a place for him to survive, but a place to thrive. In his mind, he had a list of things he wanted to do, like join a baseball team for the summer, or go out for beers with the sheriff. Normal people things that he thought would never cross his path again.

Then again, what was normal? Over a week ago, Ana was just a grumpy girl in a wheelchair. Now she was a sensual being trying to understand her own feelings. He was a man of two worlds, his soul divided by time and an entire ocean. Yet today, he felt complete.

"You piece of shit," Cutter growled in his ear, but Darren ignored his former Commanding Officer. No matter how angry Cutter got, there was no way he could dampen Darren's mood.

"You think so, do you, Private?" Cutter casually jogged beside him now, his corpse dropping clumps of mud. "Do you think you're crippled little nympho would still look at you the same way if she knew what you did over there?"

That one stung him, and he slowed his pace a little. It was true that his squad had done some of the things that got soldiers spat on. It had been hot on that tarmac, and when the first glob of spit had hit his cheek, he felt like he had deserved at least that much.

"You talking about the stuff you ordered us to do?" He had slowed just enough to get the words out. Cutter ran ahead of Darren, then turned around to run backward. His face was scorched, his eyes like overcooked egg whites.

"Are you gonna cry and say you were just following orders? How many civilians did you kill personally?"

"Too many." On that count, Cutter was right. They had been cutting through a small village when they ran across an armed Vietnamese soldier. In the panic that followed, he and the others had opened fire on the village, the people at the other end of the barrel temporarily melding into the fog of war that surrounded them. That night, he had cried in his brother's arms, brokenhearted over the pile of bodies that Cutter had them gather up and burn.

"Yeah, that's right, you piece of shit. I bet Ana would love to hear about the women and children you shot."

Darren kept his mouth shut. He had had this argument with Cutter before, and he knew it was a losing battle.

When Cutter saw that Darren didn't seem to care, he got in front of him. Darren swerved and nearly stepped out into the street. Focusing his eyes past the apparition, he kept running.

"What about me? You ever going to tell her what you did to me?"

"I want to, actually. Was going to earlier, but something came up."

Cutter's bony jaw hung beneath his skull. "Do you have no guilt, you sick fuck?"

"The only guilt I have about your death is how much I liked doing it." Darren's eyes met Cutter's, boring into the shadow with newfound confidence. Cutter started to speak, but exploded into a dark mist.

Darren ran through it. Even Cutter couldn't fuck up his mood, not today.

It was past dark when he got home, and he was careful to be quiet. A quick shower later, he found himself lying in bed, pondering the ceiling. His run had tired him out, but now his mind was busy. Without the shadows to keep him company, he was finally able to see a future that he didn't mind.

If he worked for the library long enough, maybe he could afford a motorcycle. Thinking briefly about Ana, he wondered if he should consider a car instead. The situation with her was still too intense and new, and he already hated the idea of excluding her. Realistically, their relationship would likely be brief, but he didn't like that.

That small voice cried out in the back of his mind once more. He shoved it away, waiting for sleep to claim him. Hours passed in solitude, and he realized that he still had too much energy. Sitting up in bed, he crept out of his room and walked into the apartment.

Surveying the living room, he decided that it wouldn't be a good idea to start moving about too much. He might wake Ana and cause her to worry.

Or maybe she'll want to do something else. He chuckled at the thought. It was juvenile, but definitely possible. Still, there was no need to pester her. He figured he would allow her to dictate the way things proceeded. He wasn't in a hurry.

With nothing better to do, he found himself unlocking the door to the church. The door hadn't been opened in a long time, and a few cobwebs came with it. He left the door open, afraid that Ana might wake and lock him out. He didn't feel like sleeping on splintery old church pews. The light of the moon was just bright enough to see by as long as he avoided the shadows.

The chancel was empty, and there was an old stain on the floor where a pulpit had once been set up. The pews were either stacked or busted up, and the floor creaked ominously beneath his feet. Kneeling down, he saw that the wood didn't seem nearly as rotted as Ana had made it out to be. While in no hurry to lose their room and board, he wondered if he could make some money fixing the place up and selling it. He and Ana could get a place of their own nearby, or maybe even expand their living space into the church.

"Man, you have it hard for this girl, don't you?" Dwayne grinned at him from the corner of the Sanctuary. "Already thinking about a home with a picket fence, aren't you?"

"Isn't that the American Dream?" Darren asked.

"Maybe. This girl might not want that, though." Dwayne was chewing on the other half of his Snickers bar. "I only bring it up cause I don't want your heart to get broken."

"I appreciate that." He wandered into the nave, careful where he put his feet.

"Besides, there's gotta be something wrong with her." Dwayne tossed the wrapped on the floor. "After all, other than your looks, she seems to like you."

Darren grunted, touching a nearby pew. The wood was dry, and a large splinter immediately came off in his hands. Using his teeth to pull it out, he looked up at the second floor. He couldn't see much, so craned his neck to look up into the bell tower.

At first, he saw nothing. The shadows were deep, the belfry a pit of blackness. Remembering the white curtain he had seen, he squinted, wondering which window it had been attached to.

A breeze kicked through the church, and he caught it as it billowed into the light. It fluttered for a few moments and then fell back into its original shape. Now that he knew where to look, his eyes traced the ceiling of the belfry in horror.

It was a giant spider web. His heart pounded in his chest when he realized that it covered the entirety of the belfry above.

Did Ana know about it? No, she couldn't have. Nobody would leave a car-sized spider web hanging about without mentioning it. She would have mentioned a spider problem if she had known about it. He would come back tomorrow to check it out in the light of day.

After all, he didn't want her worrying about it.