The Last Shewolf Ch. 34-39

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
partwolf
partwolf
2,313 Followers

"I bet. Keep this up and you'll be attending college by your junior year in high school." She was such a gifted and hardworking student that she would meet high school graduation requirements in two years. The school district would then allow her to take college courses at their expense, which she fully intended to take advantage of.

"It's going to save me a lot of money on my pre-med courses," she said. "Plus, having Doc here to help me is making it much easier."

"I'm thinking about becoming an assistant professor at a school here, work a deal where we can get Meghan free tuition in exchange for me teaching a class," Vivian said. "I enjoyed teaching in Grenada." We finished our meals, and Meghan took the plates downstairs while I washed up.

Vivian passed Eve to me, and I took her place on the rocker before settling her against my chest. "I got word from Viper, they are scheduling Kelly's C-section for the morning."

Vivian nodded, already thinking. "She should be able to have visitors by dinnertime, then."

"We should go." She started to hesitate. "We'll take a few Club members with, you'll be fine."

"I don't want to leave Eve, and I don't want to risk her being exposed to germs in the hospital either," she said. "You go, I'll stay."

"I'll go in the afternoon, and you go after dinner," I said. "I'll stay with Eve, and you can go with Hammer and Teri."

"I don't know if it's safe."

"We'll have a couple prospects drive you, they aren't going to be in a human hospital," I countered. "You're her daughter, she'll want you to visit."

"FINE." Oh shit, the F-word feared by all married males. "But I'm not going to stay long."

"We'll get you back here as soon as you're ready." I rocked my daughter as Vivian ate, enjoying every moment.

The next morning, I was setting up for lunch when a cheer went up in the bar area. I poked my head out, catching Teri's eye. "Baby boy, named Andrew Carson, seven pounds two ounces, twenty-one inches, born at 8:14," she said with a smile.

"GREAT," I smiled, "Can you tell Vivian for me?" She nodded and went up the stairs while one of the prospects was lining up shots. What the hell, it was five o'clock somewhere. We toasted our President and his lady and slammed the tequila down.

Teri came back down. "It's all arranged, you go at 3:30 and when you get back, Hammer and I and the kids are going. We'll take DeWalt with us."

"And at least one other member, and have the prospects drive you," I said. "She needs to feel safe or she'll never leave." She hadn't left the clubhouse, hell, she'd barely come downstairs since Eve was born. She needed to get out for her own sanity, and what better excuse than to meet her new little brother?

Vivian's POV

Teri and the girls had stopped in through the day, showing me photos of baby Andrew and his parents. I was excited to go visit, but nervous to be leaving my baby behind. "Go," Snake said as he changed her. "We'll be fine."

I leaned down and kissed her as he finished snapping up the outfit, it was my favorite with little wolves and sheep on it. "Love you, little Eve," I said as she looked wide-eyed at me. I kissed Snake and walked out.

"Come ON, visiting hours start in twenty minutes!" Teri was almost bouncing with excitement. Hammer poked his head in the door to say they were ready, and she gathered Meghan, Connor and Cash around her. "Behave tonight, and we'll get a treat on the way home," she said as they filed out. I followed, Tiny behind me as he volunteered to be my bodyguard. Nobody was stupid enough to fuck with me with Tiny at my back.

We loaded into the SUV for the short ride to the hospital, and soon we were in the waiting room. Only two could go in at a time, so Teri and I went first. Kelly was sitting up in bed, Viper at her side, and little Andrew was feeding from her left breast. "Oh my GOD he is cute!" Teri rushed over, leaning down to see the little guy.

"Congratulations, Gramps," I said as I went on the other side of the bed and sat in his lap. "He's beautiful."

"I'm blessed with a great family," he said as he gave me a hug.

When Andrew was fed and burped, she handed him off to Viper. "He needs to get used to this," she said as I leaned in to give her a hug. "I'm doing good, he's doing good. I'm so glad I had you two around to help me through this."

"I'm happy too," I said. "Our little babies get to grow up together."

"Yeah, and he'll beat the shit out of anyone who even looks at her funny," Viper said as he changed the diaper. "Oh my GOD, what has he been eating?" The smell was damn near driving me out of the room, and my wolf liked to roll around in deer poop and lick her own butt, so it was BAD.

"Boobie milk, it's good for you," she laughed. "I read the book, I knew what was coming," she giggled.

"Jesus, it's like black tar." We carried on, talking about the C-section and what it felt like to have him in her arms.

All of the sudden, Tiny burst into the room. "DeWalt, OUT NOW," he said as he pulled me out of the room. We were almost running out of the hospital, taking the stairs instead of waiting for the elevator. The prospect was waiting at the curb, Tiny damn near tossed me into the back and jumped in before we peeled out. The prospect in the passenger seat had his gun out, and Tiny had his hand on his.

Before we got halfway home, three Club members pulled U-turns, two escorting us from the front and one behind. We took random turns, cutting across lanes without warning, anything to throw off a tail. When they were satisfied, we pulled into the clubhouse garage, the door closing instantly. I almost ran up to our room, surprising Snake who was sleeping in the chair with Eve. "What's going on?"

Tiny knocked and came in, a piece of paper in his hand. "Sheri had this guy in her bar, big dude, good looking. He was asking around if people had seen this person, said there was a ten-thousand-dollar reward if they could help him find her." He handed Snake the flyer as I looked over his shoulder. It was the portrait I had taken when I worked at the clinics up on the North Shore six years ago, with my old name.

I brought the paper close to my nose, sniffing deeply. "Werewolf."

Ch. 38

Vivian's POV

"Church, ten minutes," Tiny said as he walked out of the room.

"We both need to be there," Snake said.

"I'll get the bag," I said as I moved over to the dresser where her stuff was. We had gotten the diaper bag as a gift, and so far hadn't used it because I was too nervous to leave our room. With everything she went through as a preemie, I hated the idea of placing her at risk for cold, germs or anything else. I made sure it had diaper supplies and a changing pad, just in case. "When did she last feed?"

"She had a bottle a half hour ago," he said as he picked her up. Setting her on the changing table, he swaddled her like a burrito before holding her in his left arm, tucked into the soft leather of his cut. He was an expert baby handler by now, and I smiled as I watched the macho biker turn into the doting papa. "Ready?" I nodded, pulling on my cut as we went out into the hallway, making our way downstairs.

For most motorcycle clubs, Church would only be for the patched members, not their old ladies or girlfriends. The Northwoods Riders were a little different, not holding to the outlaw culture some clubs stuck with. Patching in women was the first difference, if you could ride you could become a member, and have full voting rights. If you didn't ride, you still got a cut for being an Old Lady, but no vote.

This danger affected everyone, so two of the teen daughters took the kids into the theater room upstairs to watch a movie while all the adults stayed upstairs. As soon as we sat down, Rocket and Taser sat by us. Taser begged to hold Eve for a bit, and the look she gave Rocket while holding her was telling. That boy better make a baby with her soon.

The doors were locked, prospects ran around serving beer and drinks, and as soon as everyone was settled, Tiny was the Vice President, with the President and the Master at Arms at the hospital still, he called the meeting to order. "As always, no one outside this room hears a bit of this," he started. "Lives are at stake here."

His wife Katie passed around copies of the reward flyer that Sheri had been given at her bar. "Alpha Stanton apparently does not believe that Vivian died six years ago in the attack on the clinic, and Carson died without giving him any information on her. If he had, they'd be at our door already."

Tiny picked it up. "They must have figured out that she is hiding among humans, and so they are using humans to help them out. The only advantage we have is that Vivian hasn't left the clubhouse since she returned from Grenada. The fact that they still use her old name tells us her cover is holding for now. There's no telling how long that lasts, a simple internet search will find her marriage license." He looked over at me. "DeWalt, tell us what this means."

"The paper had a werewolf's scent, so they have sent people here looking for me," I said. "Probably pack warriors, with a Beta in charge. No telling if it is a couple of dozens, but I'd lean towards the latter. It would take way too long in a city this size with just a few people."

"So what will they do," Taser asked as she rocked Eve.

"Ask around like they are doing, hoping someone can point them in the right directions. Eventually, they'll just start patrolling the neighborhoods looking for my smell."

"But they don't know you," Moose said.

"No, but the know what a female smells like, and I'm the only one." Snake pulled me into his lap. "In the werewolf world, there's a huge bounty on me. I have no doubt they'll do anything to get me, even if that means going through you to get me. My presence here puts you all in danger, your children..." I buried my face in Snake's chest.

"We won't give you up," Moose said. "You're family."

"I know," Snake said, "But we have to be smart. There's people around, she's not safe here, Eve isn't safe here. Do you have any idea what will happen if they find out there is a female werewolf baby that has been born alive and lived? She'll be taken, Doc will be taken. There's no price they wouldn't pay if they think she can save their precious heirs."

"Where would be safe? Is there anywhere?"

I shook my head. "I don't know," I said. "Grenada was good because there weren't wolves there, six years we never smelled another."

"Well, go there," Crash said. "We need you safe."

"That may not work," Tiny said. "If they find out your name, it's too easy to track you there. In a small place like that, with no protection?"

"I have no protection with Carson gone," I said. "It's like it was down in Hilton Head. By the time I smelled the males, they already smelled me. The difference is that this time I'll have a baby with me. I can't fight, I can't run."

"So, the best thing is to hide out, somewhere remote enough they can't find you, but close enough so we can protect you?"

Snake nodded. "Out of sight, out of smell. Private property, monitored, and a defensible position with clear fields of fire." I squeezed his hand on my waist, he always though clearly when facing danger. "Outside the Metro area, no more than two hours away though. And the fewer people that know about it the better."

"So here's what we are going to do," Tiny said. "We're going to get these two packed and their stuff loaded in one of the trucks. By the time we're done, I want a place to send them to. Everyone think about it, write it down, talk to relatives, whatever you need. Get the details to me and I'll pick the best idea."

Crash and Viking, one of the members patched in after we had fled to Grenada, were the two picked to escort us to our new hideout. Viking's aunt and uncle ran a game farm on a thousand acres near Welch, just southeast of the Metro area. He made a call, the guest house was available and they were willing to help.

Elias and Agnes were a delightful older couple, and I instantly liked them. Viking trusted them, and they were let in on my secret because it was important they understand the risks. My shift shocked them, but they weren't scared of me, they were fascinated.

The house was small, two-bedroom with a single bath, but it was comfortable. The best part was the half mile to the nearest public road- and that was on the other side of a double 10-foot fence and locked gates. Viking stayed at the main house with his relatives, while Crash crashed with us in the second bedroom.

Three days into our exile, I heard motorcycles coming up the long driveway to the house. I looked out, seeing the familiar faces of Hammer and Viper, behind them was Shakes, with Viking following them in his ATV. "They're here," I told Snake as he came out of the bedroom with Eve.

"Good, I'm tired of hiding," he said.

"It's been three days, we were gone six years last time," I laughed as I went to the door.

Viper was first in, he picked me up and spun me as he hugged me tight. "My girl," he said. "I missed you, and Kelly misses you, and Andrew misses his aunt."

"He saw me once!"

"What can I say, you made an impression," he said as I laughed.

"Hi Hammer," I said as I gave him a hug. "Welcome Shakes." Shakes had been patched in last year. He was prior Army, Explosive Ordnance, tall and thin with a shaved head. He spent two tours in Iraq defusing roadside bombs before he developed a nervous twitch that ended his career. Sudden movements don't go well with improvised explosive devices. "Have a seat, guys." I went to the fridge and grabbed beers for everyone before I was pulled down in Snake's lap.

"We've talked about the threat, guys." Viper looked at his hands before looking up at me. "More guys are in town, we got a half-dozen calls from people who remember you from when you were riding with us. Doc DeWalt left an impression," he said with a smile. "They aren't going away, they're getting closer. We've removed your stuff, cleaned your rooms, laundered your sheets and curtains, everything we can think of to remove your scent from the clubhouse, but we don't know if it's enough if they get close."

Hammer sat up a little. "We think it's time to take the offensive here. If we play defense, they can go forever."

"What do you have in mind," Snake said.

"Ambush," Shakes said. "We answer the pamphlet, give them a location and take them out when they go after you. We figure they will pull everyone in town together to go get you. We take them all out at once, teach them not to fuck with you."

I thought about it for a while. "They are wolves, they hunt by smell more than sight. Even if you use my clothes, they will scent all of you around. You can't ambush them if they know you are there. Plus, they won't come near unless they know I am there."

"I know," Viper said, "That's why you'll be there."

"THE HELL SHE WILL!" Snake jumped to his feet, his yell waking Eve up who started crying. I went into the bedroom to get her out of the crib, calming her down as I walked back in. I glared at Snake, who reached for her to calm her down. "I mean, I don't think that is a good idea."

"I don't like it either, I don't want to put my daughter in danger, but Shake's plan depends on us bringing them all in close," Viper said.

"They have to see you, move in on your position," Shakes said. "We'll set up cameras a few days ahead of time, long enough for our scent to dissipate. We'll be far enough away to come in behind them and make sure they don't escape."

"Wait a minute," I said. "You are coming in after?"

"Yes," Shakes said. "I'll have a nice surprise for them."

Sheri's POV

Three Days Later

The dinner rush was over, and we were catching up on cleaning and stocking before the night rush started. It was a decent crowd for a Thursday night, the Wild were in town and that helped with the late crowds. I was wiping down the bar when I saw Mr. Tall, Dark and Handsome walk in. He took a seat in a booth, and I went out and sat across from him. "You have information for me?"

I nodded. "Ten grand, and it's yours."

He laughed. "I can't give you ten grand until I know the information is good."

"It's good. One of my girls recognized her, she's staying at a rental cabin out near Turtle Lake. Her mother owns the cabin, says she never leaves, she pays her extra to bring her groceries every week." I leaned forward. "What did she do? Kill someone? Steal money?"

"No, she ran away from her responsibilities, and my boss wants her back."

"So how do we do this?" He shrugged. "I have an idea. You follow me out to the land and verify she's there. You give me the cash, I take off, I never saw you and you were never here."

"Let's go then."

"Tomorrow morning, meet me outside at ten." He shook my hand and got up. I slumped in the booth after he walked out, glad it was over.

For now.

Ch. 39

Sheri's POV

I walked out of the back door of the bar, locking the door behind me at ten in the morning. I didn't know if they were following me, so I didn't go home last night. The couch in my office was good for more than quickies with Moose when I was working late.

I turned around and almost bumped off of the big guy from last night, a matching goon like him on each side. "Shit, you scared me," I said. I wasn't lying, they weren't here when I looked out the video camera and I didn't hear them approach while I was locking up. Moose would have been pissed, he was always after me to pay attention. He worried about someone attacking me in the late nights that I ran my bar. Of course, he was nowhere close now.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you," Mr. Tall, Dark and Handsome said. "Are you ready?"

"Let's see the cash first," I said. He pulled a bank envelope out of his pocket and showed it to me; it was a $10,000 bundle of hundreds. I flipped through them to make sure it was legit, then he put it back in his pocket. "So how do we do this?"

"I'll ride with you, and these two will ride behind me. Once we verify she's where you say she is, I give you the envelope and you drive away."

"And we both forget we ever saw each other," I said. "I don't need this getting back to me, my girl doesn't need to know I sold her Mom out. Try not to break anything, her Mom is nice, and I don't want to hear cops are looking into it. She needs to think Vivian just left."

He smiled as we reached my car, his buddies already gone. I was glad he didn't search me, I had a couple surprises for them if they decided to back out on the deal. I had a baby Glock 9mm in a Flashbang holster under my boobs, the loose button-up blouse easily covering it. I had full-size Glock in a holster under the seat, a pepper spray in my purse, and bear spray in my door. All my ammunition had a silver core; Moose had modified existing rounds and coated the silver with a layer of lead so even Vivian couldn't smell it. She told us the bullets would work as normal, with the added effect on werewolves that the silver would retard healing and prevent shifting. I didn't really want to test it.

We got on the road, driving east on I-94 into Wisconsin. We were in rolling forests, heading north on 63 towards Turtle Lake. He didn't say anything to me and I didn't feel like talking, so I just left the radio on KQRS and drove. His buddies were behind us, and I could have sworn I saw more than just them. I was a little nervous as we turned onto the county road that led to the remote cabin.

The cabin belonged to Hammer's cousin, and had been chosen because it wasn't your normal cabin. His cousin had been a masonry contractor, so the home was built of poured concrete with applied river rock facing. The roof was steel, as were both of the entry doors, and to prevent it from burning in a fire the windows all had steel shutters that could be locked in place from the inside. It was the very definition of a defensible position, sitting atop a small rise above a large pond, the forest no closer than fifty yards away from the garden. "This is the driveway leading to the cabin," I said as we passed the fire sign. This area was well away from the lakes and rivers, so there weren't neighbors on the dirt and crushed rock trail leading in. I kept driving another half mile, then pulled over, the trail car stopping behind me. "There is an ATV trail here that goes fairly close to the house."

partwolf
partwolf
2,313 Followers