The Latigo

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Egregious
Egregious
157 Followers

Rumours filter through to the village regarding Ronaldo's escapades in Madrid. There are whispers of a duel with Sabres' over the young wife of a fellow cadet, who loses three fingers and is humiliated. He divorces his wife, who takes up with Ranaldo until she becomes pregnant then disowns her.

I started practising with my Latigo aided by Rodriguez on Saturday afternoons, drilling me until I have blisters on my hands and my shoulder muscles ache so much I can no longer flick the Latigo. We do it well away from the homestead up in the hills. I am keeping it a secret from Mary so as not to worry her.

Word spreads quickly throughout the village that Count Ramon has died. We attended the memorial service in the village church; his burial is a private service held at the Bayona family plot on their Hacienda.

A year later, my mother passed away. After the funeral, Mum's body was brought home to Prescott Estate to be interned next to Dad. In her will, Maria left a substantial sum of money to Mary and me, with an endowment for Thomas and Jennifer when they turn twenty-one.

********

When Ranaldo turned twenty-one, a family birthday dinner was held in Madrid for him, with none of the townsfolk invited. He was given a new Ferrari as a present from his mother and a generous annual endowment. He comes back to Guafix, arriving in his red Ferrari, making a big splash.

Initially, many of the village girls flock to him. Only to be used and pushed aside when he's finished with them. His reputation quickly precedes him throughout towns in the area. If a boyfriend defends his girl or puts up a fight, Ranaldo beats him to a pulp. It's rumoured those girls he gets pregnant their family send her away for an abortion regardless of their catholic faith for fear of the madness.

I catch him hassling Mary on her way to my office. Pushing him aside, I stare him down. Then, as he retreats with his gang, whispering to them, they all laugh and look back at Mary.

This year's Harvest festival was a sombre affair. However, the Latigo competition was still the highlight. As expected, Ranaldo was the winner. But I surprised him by coming third. He now saw me as a direct threat.

Rodriguez and I continue to have Latigo practice sessions, now one on one. Waring heavy-duty cowhides similar to blacksmith aprons and elbow-length gloves. We are trying not to get too close with the Latigo blades, but both come away with cuts to our bodies.

More rumours circulate - Ranaldo claims his father chose him to be heir to the Bayona family, because of his military training. Asserting his claim to the title as Count de Bayona. He boldly states he will consummate the act with Fernando's wife, making Fernando a cuckold. Furthermore, he brags he will destroy anyone who stands in his way.

I begged Mary to take the children to visit her parents in Madrid, but she refused. Instead, stating, "a Spanish wife's place is at her husband's side."

I dreaded the feeling that this was how the Muslim pilgrims felt when they stood against Ferdinando and the General - was history going to repeat itself?

Ranaldos' aggression carries on for a month, and the villagers are becoming terrified. I am fearful of Ranaldo and some of his entourage, so I install security cameras in and around the house, wired to a recording system. I'm sure it is only a matter of time before I will feel his wrath.

********

After a surveying job, I was en route to Prescott Estate when I got a call from my son crying into the phone. Ranaldo had turned up at our home and was attacking his mother. He tried to defend her, but Ranaldo started beating him - his mother stopped Ranaldo by taking off her clothes. He and his sister managed to hide in the barn and call me. I was only 100km (one hour) away.

When I arrived forty minutes later, pulling into the driveway, I saw my beloved wife lying naked at Ranaldo's feet. She appeared to be unconscious or even dead.

He stood with a Latigo in his hand. His so-called friends stood on the hillside to watch my death and take the spoils. Jealous of my family and home, we had worked hard to earn and keep.

My two children joined me, weeping, tears running down their cheeks. Thomas, with a shaking hand, gives me my Latigo, then I turn to face Ranaldo.

Letting him have the first few lashes, I parry with him. He becomes frustrated at my lack of attack. He keeps advancing, whipping every which way. I keep defending - seconds turned into minutes. He calls me a gutless wonder who could not protect his wife from a man half his age. In my anger, I let my guard down. He comes close a few times, and I receive cuts to my arms and legs. He skites, "after I kill you, I will kill your son and take your daughter. Your lands will be mine."

I tried to keep my cool, fending off his lashes, knowing I had to have enough video recording on the security system to show I was defending my family and myself before taking him down.

Finally, he makes the mistake I had been waiting for, his famous circular sweeping stroke, leaving him open for a quick short counter strike. In one quick flick of my whip, I sliced open his throat. Blood spurted from his carotid artery, half a metre in front of him. His eyes pop open wide, a look of disbelief and then fear appears on his face as he realises he is about to die. Dropping his whip puts his hands to his throat in an attempt to stop the bleeding. He was about to collapse unconscious. My next lash takes off his head. I left Ranaldo's body where it lay.

I carry my wife's dead body to our bedroom, laying her on our bed, covering her. I kissed her lips for the last time, with anger burning in my heart. Her death was all my fault! If I had not interfered in the incident with the dog, Mary would still be alive.

Dumping Ranaldo's body in the back of the pickup truck, I drove to the Count's villa. Someone had forewarned the family of my approach. I pulled up in front of the portico steps - the Countess stood atop the stoop while the rest of the family lined up along the porch watching my arrival. I dumped the body on the ground in front of the Countess. Then I held up his head by its hair and threw it towards the house steps. Getting a gasp from the assembled family.

The Countess howled, throwing herself onto Ranaldo's dead body, screaming at me in a language and words I didn't understand.

Her eldest son, Fernando, approached with his fathers Latigo in hand. He had to try to avenge his brother's death, but he knows he's no match for me. His mother tried to stop him, but he pushed her aside.

I deflected his first few feeble lashes to allow him time to defend his dignity. Then, with my Latigo, I sliced his whip into two pieces. A final short lash cuts open his left cheek, leaving a long scar dripping with blood. He drops his whip and approaches me. I dropped mine. He held out his hand to shake, which I took. He whispered to me, "thank you for allowing me to uphold my family's honour."

Then I went up the portico stairs onto the front porch and held out my hand to Francesca. She knew immediately what this signified - she would be giving herself for the loss of my wife. My children now needed a mother figure.

Francesca took my hand without hesitation. I led her to my truck, opened her door for her to alight, then we drove back to Prescott Estate. We left the Countess weeping for taking her son and now her daughter.

Francesca moved into one of the spare bedrooms. She helped both myself and the children grieve for the sudden loss of their mother, my wife and lover. Over the next few days, we all came to rely on her strength.

Mary's parents arrive a day after her death. Distraught when hearing of the events that led to their daughter's violent death. I was surprised when they congratulated me on avenging her in a duel. The funeral service was held in the small local church, and all the villagers were there in support. Including the Bayona family. Except for the Countess, who was under medication.

My solicitor gave the Policia my statement and copies of the video showing the duel and left it to authorities to decide if I was acting in self-defence. Fernando offered a character reference for me and confirmed Ranaldo had become insane with blood lust.

After Mary's funeral, we buried her in the family plot on Prescott Estate next to my Mum and Dad. I'll lie beside her when my time comes.

********

Some eighteen months have passed since Mary's death - Francesca and I have been courting for the last six months and have fallen in love.

Claiming to be away for an all-day survey trip, I set out for the 190km drive to Granada city to find the the Miguel Angel jewellery recommended by Fernando. After some time, I made my selection and had the ring sized for Francesca.

The following evening while Francesca was visiting her now ailing mother. I gathered my children and stated, "I have fallen in love with Francesca and would like your permission to marry her?"

Jennifer piped up, "don't you love mummy anymore?"

"I'll never stop loving your mother; she'll be in my heart forever. However, I'm still a relatively young man, even if I don't look like that to you. I want to have a lifelong partner and would like it to be Francesca."

In a serious voice, Thomas said, "I like Francesca, and she's been so good to us living here helping get over mum's death. So yes, dad, I would like Francesca to be a second mum."

Jennifer agreed, "if Francesca makes you happy, daddy, I say yes. You have been sad for so long!"

Having a family hug, I explain my plan on proposing marriage, they agree.

After breakfast the following Saturday, I suggested to Francesca that just the two of us go on a picnic to a hidden valley only the Prescott family knows. Francesca is intrigued and happy to go along.

We arrive at the valley opening on horseback, and I lead Francesca into the gorge to the waterfall and pool. I notice there are now ferns growing in the rock crevices under the spray of the falls. The willows have grown a good two metres. Fruit hangs from both the orange and lemon trees and a pair of swallows nesting on the rock face.

Francesca was amazed by the scene and roamed around the area while I laid out a blanket, picnic basket, wine and thermos of coffee.

"I can't believe how beautiful this little valley is, like an oasis in the desert," exclaims Francesca.

As we lie on the blanket eating a lite lunch, I explain how the family came to know its existence - my adventure in taming the river and creating an all-year-round waterfall. But, I refrain from telling her the valley's dark history until another time.

Taking her left hand after our meal, ask, "Francesca, will you marry me?"

I had caught her by surprise by the look on her face, but she recovered quickly.

"Oh yes, Juan, you have made me so very happy. But what about the children?"

"We spoke last evening, and they are happy for us, so you don't have to worry. I think in their own small way, they have come to love you as well. After all, they have both known you since they were babies. And while not saying it - looking forward to having a woman around the house."

With that, I slip the engagement ring onto her finger. While admiring the ring, a sly look came over her face, "so that's where you went on that all day survey trip, and I bet Fernando told you where to find the jeweller?"

Francesca

John leaned forward and pulled me into his arms. I looked up from admiring the ring into his eyes and knew he wanted to kiss me. His face was close to mine, and our lips touched, clinging together; our tongues searched and found each other. I felt my nipples becoming erect and purposely rubbed them against his chest.

We both remove our tops in a frenzy before I ground my nipples into his bare chest as we resume kissing. Fire rushed through me, centring on my nipples and moving to my vulva. Finally, we could not contain our passion for each other any longer and started removing our remaining clothing. John's penis was long, hard, and so hot. We were both out of control like teenagers for the first time.

John lifted me, I automatically opened my legs poised over that hot, rigid male member. "Yes, John, fill me, my love - I'm all yours," I murmured as he slowly lowered me down. I reached down and guided him in like a train into a tunnel. The sensation of him filling me was so much that I climaxed for the very first time during intercourse.

Our coupling was not slow, but frantic the joining of male and female in heat. I knew John was close as he thrust up to fill me so I pushed down, keeping him deep inside, feeling those first quivers as John gathered himself to ejaculate. The squirts immersed my vagina - I welcomed his seed as the desert would drops of rain. I orgasm again as he did so.

John

We arrived home late, and the children came rushing out to hug Francesca congratulating her. Jennifer wanted to see the engagement ring. Thomas showed me he was turning into a young man by shaking my hand. It's hard to believe he will be at boarding school next year.

To celebrate, I called the cantina and booked a table for dinner. As we pulled into the parking area, so did Fernando, Olivia and their families. The women all chatted throughout dinner, working out wedding dates and planning wedding dress shopping in Granada. Fernando and I sat back and enjoyed a cold Alhambra.

So at the ripe old age of forty-two, Francesca, ten years my junior, and I got married, accompanied by family and friends. It was a short service held in the local church. Thomas was my best man, Olivia the bridesmaid and Jennifer the flower girl. We travelled to Venice for a week on our own for our honeymoon, then Thomas and Jennifer joined us for a second week before school restarted.

I am happy to announce we are expecting our first child in seven months.

THE END

* Chainy - A nickname for land Surveyor's useless assistant who is, unfortunately, necessary for the day to day operation of land surveying practices.

Your votes, comments are appreciated.

Egregious
Egregious
157 Followers