The Lies That Bind

Story Info
A new girlfriend is unaware of her new man's past or present.
13.3k words
3.25
5.4k
2
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

(A good friend of mine caught his brother in a lie. The question is, did his wife and girlfriend catch him in that same lie? I wonder. Oh well, only one way to find out I suppose.)

"Have you told her yet?"

Tom fidgeted with his tie, pretending not to hear his brother James.

Tom then wiped some lint off his jacket and pondered over whether or not he was in the mood to talk about it. He decided he wasn't.

Jenny was the one good thing that had happened to him for as long as he could remember. He wasn't about to let the truth get in the way of their fledging relationship.

"You can pretend you don't hear me all you want. But I know your hearing is just fine!"

Tom stroked his fingers through his wavy brown hair. Then he glanced at the blue eyes in the mirror that Jenny had once referred to as 'alluring and purposeful.'

James threw up his arms in frustration. "You don't wanna talk about it? Fine, just say you don't wanna talk about it, but this silent treatment is annoying. What a beautiful and intelligent woman like Jenny sees in a crumb like you, I'll never understand."

"So now I'm a crumb just because I'm dating someone nice, is that it?"

"No, you're a crumb because you're withholding information from her that may be vital to her deciding whether or not she wants to keep seeing you."

"I think she's falling for me."

"And that is precisely my point. She is falling for you, only she thinks you're divorced, not merely separated."

"Same thing."

"The hell it is. Both things are as far from the east is to the west that you can possibly get."

"I don't see how. I never intend on getting back with Susan."

"Yeah, but Susan has said she wants to get back with you."

"Look, she fucked off on me in the middle of our marriage so she could going running off to be with her former millionaire boyfriend. They were together for a whole six months, jet setting around the world to different exotic places, and now, when she found out he was cheating on her, and that he was only using her for sex, she suddenly kicks him to the curb and is desperate for me to take her back. I went through six months of hell, trying to heal and crying my eyes out. But guess what? I'm over her now, and I've moved on. My lawyer has given her divorce papers."

"Yeah, but is she gonna sign them?"

"Whether she does or whether she doesn't, it makes absolutely no fucking difference. My lawyer says that since she was the one to abandon the marriage and that she did so committing adultery, her financial claim in the divorce will be minimal. Thank God we didn't have any children together."

"So there's no chance whatsoever of you giving Susan a second chance?"

"What's the matter with you? You brain dead? I just finished saying I've moved onto Jenny."

James studied him the way a drunk studied an empty wine bottle. Nothing of any value left.

"You've moved onto Jenny, and Jenny is moving onto you, only Susan is moving back to you and the least you could do is warn Jenny that there is baggage floating around out there that could come back to bite her on her pretty black ass."

"I hardly think that her pretty ass being black has anything to do with it."

"The hell it doesn't. Black women are sensitive about competing with a white woman for their man and vice versa. Having some half deranged white bitchy ex suddenly threatening an unsuspecting black girlfriend over stealing her husband might not go down so well with Jenny. Sooner or later Susan is gonna know who your new girl is, and she is going to make sure she makes Jenny's life hell while she tries sabotages your relationship with her in a hurry."

"I've already told Susan to fuck off in a dozen different ways. I'm sure she gets the message."

"If she gets the message, then why is she clogging up your voice mail with repeated pleas to get back together, and why is she knocking at my damn door at all hours of the day and night? Ever since I agreed to let you move in with me, your ex has been harassing the shit out of me. I keep telling her you're not interested and she keeps telling me to give you all kinds of stupid messages. I warned her that I was going to get a restraining order against her but she just won't listen."

"She'll go away eventually if you and I keep on ignoring her."

"Maybe, but in the meantime it's me she's harassing because I'm your brother and you are staying with me. I don't know why the hell you couldn't have just kept your damn townhome. Why sell it?"

"Because Susan kept showing up there, that's why. And she was using it as leverage to keep contacting me with legal papers about separation of assets. This way the damn property is already sold, and her lawyer has her half sitting in a bank account for her. I've already given her one of our two cars and split our savings account down the middle. My lawyer says she has no reason to bother me anymore."

"That's why she's bothering me, asshole, cause she can't bother you, and quite frankly, I'm getting a little sick of it."

"You threatened to get a restraining order, so go get one."

"First of all, there are countless hours to waist filling out paperwork in triplicate, then I have to testify to show cause, then I have to pay twenty-seven hundred dollars. I don't have that kind of money to waist."

"I'll give you the money."

"I don't want your money. If I get a restraining order against Susan coming to my home, then she'll just start showing up at my work or at the gym, asking me to get you to call her. You need to tell Jenny about Susan so it won't come as a complete shock when Jenny is confronted by her one day."

"Jenny's not gonna know about her."

"The hell she isn't. I heard one of the messages on my voicemail, asking, and I quote, 'who that black bitch was you were having coffee with.' She is stalking you, and she is obsessed with you, and it is making my life very uncomfortable. Sooner or later Susan is going to follow Jenny home or to work and start harassing her as well. At least if you tell Jenny about her, then she can brace herself for the worse."

"And if Jenny decides she doesn't want to be with me because I'm not actually divorced like I said, but merely separated? I can't afford to lose her. Susan will go away. The longer I ignore her is the-"

"...the longer she is going to keep on bothering me! We both know that. And you pretending it isn't so, isn't going to make it any less real. But you're very unfair in not telling Jenny about it. You're waiting until her heart falls for you before saying anything, trying to get her hooked on you first, and that just isn't fair."

XXX

"Hi mother."

"Don't mother me. First you give me the salacious details of some handsome hunk you're dating, then you stop talking to me for a whole week. You've ignored my phone messages to the point where your box is full and won't take no more messages."

"Sorry ma. Just wanted to make sure I was actually falling for the guy before I gave you any more details. And, as usual, I wanted my guy to check him out first."

"You mean your friend Ronald from the police dispatch?"

"Yep, the one and the same. He ran Tom's license plates and he is indeed living with his brother as he said."

"Why the heck is a grown man living with his brother?"

"He sold his home a couple months back, and Ronald was able to look up real estate listings as well. Only, the house was in both his and some woman's name, and the woman had his last name."

"Hmmm, a little suspicious if you ask me. Like as in a wife he hasn't told you about?"

"No, as in a sister he has told me about. I told him about the old listing I'd seen, and at first he was a little indignant that I was checking up on him, but then he opened up and said that he and his siblings were very close. He went on to say he'd been living with his sister but that both she and he parted company because they were both looking to get married. Ronald checked the ownership of the present condo he is living at and sure enough, it's in his brother's name, so it all makes sense."

"What all makes sense?"

"The fact he would have been living with his sister since he is currently living with his brother."

"If you say so. But I guess it sounds about right. And I like the part about him selling his old place so he can find a new place for some potential bride. Hopefully that bride will be you.

"Hopefully."

"As for his workplace, was he lying about being a top salesman with some pharmaceutical company?"

"That checked out too. Tom makes a good salary with commission and bonuses, according to Ronald's snooping."

"Hmmm, sounds like you owe that Ronald a great big fat sloppy kiss. Too bad you and Ronald never hit it off. You introduced me once and he was, if I recall, quite the hunk."

"That he was, but if you will remember me also saying, he is also gay."

"Ah yes, how could I have forgotten? I forget stuff so easily now. But I guess it is true what they say, that all the good ones are either in jail or gay."

"Except for Tom. He is actually available."

"Has he ever been married? Had kids?"

"He told me yes, that he was married but that they had an amicable split and that she is married to someone else now. He added that they'd had no children. That's a plus. No baggage. His ex is with someone else, and there are no kids for me to have to bond with or meet."

"So you said earlier you were waiting to feel out your heart before you chatted with me about this Tom any further. I guess the fact you're chatting with me now simply means that you have felt out your heart and you think you actually love the guy?"

"Something like that."

"Something like that? You might wanna be sure before you start telling your mind that your heart is all in. What if you start spreading your legs for this guy?"

There was a pause, with no answer.

"That's it, isn't it? You've started having sex with this man and now you're so deep into the guy you're starting to wonder about shacking up?"

"No one is shacking up, mother. And no, we haven't had sex yet, although-"

"Although what?"

"Although we're close. He has a wicked set of lips that sets my mouth ablaze and he for some reason seems to know how to push all my damn buttons. For a white guy he certainly has a really big, well you know?"

"No, I don't know. You mean cock? He has a really big cock? And when were you going to tell me he was white? You've never dated white guys before? And how would you know if his cock was big unless you two have, well, you know."

"He is the first white guy I've dated, that's true. But there is just so much mighty fine chemistry between us. He makes me laugh and uplifts my spirits. As for his you know what, well, we were necking and petting very heavily one day last week, and I got a little carried away, letting him pull down my top. His lips and tongue were setting my damn breasts on fire when out of the blue I hear his zipper going down and presto, out comes Mr. White Cobra, just as fine a piece of super thick foot long as you could ever imagine, hard as steel, and it took every ounce of willpower I could muster to back away from actually doing it. I asked him to put it back into his pants, but I don't mind saying that the sight of it made me so damn hot and bothered that I thought I was going to pass out from the arousal. The Lord only knows how I didn't cave in and go all the way with him."

"Hmmm, you've been burned on dating sites before with men who have lied about themselves. I'm glad you at least got this guy checked out by Ronald."

"I'll say. Ronald is such a sweetheart. He even followed Tom around one weekend and he didn't see any sign of any girlfriend. So I've decided that Tom is my man for now, and that...and that...well, never mind."

"And that you are about to make Tom your lover, is that it? Is that what you were going to say?"

"You know me like a book, momma. Yes, we have a date tonight and I am going to let him take me home then invite him in to spend the night."

"Sounds exciting."

Jenny sighed happily. "Glad you approve. I haven't allowed myself to make love to a man in over two years. The last three months with Tom has inspired my mind, aroused my body, touched my heart, not to mention let my spirit finally soar out of its cage. I'm going to go all the way with him tonight."

"All the way? Are you sure? That's a big step. But it does sound like you've managed to fall in love with him for real. And how does he feel about you?"

"The same, or even more so. He says I am the best thing that has ever happened to him. He says that whenever he is around me that he feels alive and vibrant. He says that hearing my voice on the phone or even seeing my name on a waiting email message can brighten up his day or even make his day completely. He says his is falling in love with me for sure and I believe him. He also says...well, never mind."

"There you go again, dangling the bait to get me all interested then yanking the hook away when I start to bite. What does he also say?"

"He also says he would like to buy me something, well, not that he hasn't bought me things before, like lots of dinners, a necklace, some shoes and a really expensive perfume. Only this time he asked for my ring size."

"No fooling?"

"No fooling."

"Wow, sounds like you two are in pretty deep."

"I'll say. We have lunch or dinner almost every day. And we chat constantly. It's like I've known him all my life."

"I've heard that saying before, mind you, but not from your lips. So I guess its official. You've found the man of your dreams, even if he is white."

"Especially if he is white. I wasn't having much luck with black men, even though all my friends are happily married to dreamy black guys. To each his own, I guess."

"I guess. So where do you go from here, besides inviting him in to your place tonight for the 'coffee, tea or me' routine?"

"Well, if he's asked for my ring size, then duh? Can an actual ring be far behind? And a date for a wedding set after that?"

"I'm so very happy for you, my child. Only are you sure things are as real as they seem? I mean, I get the sense from listening to you that things are progressing so damn fast? Maybe too fast? Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to put a damper on your mood. It's just that I'd hate to see you get your hopes up, only to see him start to back track. Some guys are like that, you know. They sound like they're ready to promise you the world and suddenly they stop delivering, except in the bedroom of course. We all know they never stop performing in there."

"Don't be so pessimistic, momma. Tom is one man that I think would never actually lie to me. He seems so genuine and rock solid."

"Well, for your sake, I hope you're right, because acting rock solid is usually what guys start doing just before the ground they're worshipping you on, turns to quick sand."

"That doesn't make me feel any better, momma. You're supposed to encourage me getting married and giving you grand kids."

"Nothing would please me more than to see that happen my child. Only make sure that the man knocking you up is still gonna be around when that baby comes popping out of you nine months later. And until you're sure, make damn certain he wears a rubber."

"I will, momma. I most certainly will."

"Because the last thing you need in your life right now is some intrusive little ankle biter unless you are absolutely ready for it."

"I understand, momma. I really do."

XXX

Tom checked nervously in the rear view mirror. He had been extra careful going to the restaurant, making sure he wasn't being followed by her blue Toyota. So far so good. He had spotted Susan staking out his brother's condo earlier in the day, but had lost Susan when she tried to follow him to Jenny's condo. Susan didn't know yet, therefore, where Jenny lived or who she was. Neither did the snooping obsessed Susan know which restaurant he had taken the woman of his dreams to.

As things stood now, he and Jenny had emerged from their meal and were headed back to Jenny's condo. Jenny had already hinted strongly that she would like him to spend the night. There was no blue Toyota anywhere to be seen.

"You seem nervous," Jenny said, somewhat perplexed as she gripped his arm. "Almost as if you are scanning the parking lot, looking for some particular car?"

"Not really," he whispered back, kicking himself for being so obvious. "I just like to check out cars is all. I've been thinking about buying a new one. I like to check out the different models."

She narrowed her eyes into two inquisitive slats. His explanation stank of rotting fish. Guys checked out cars on car sales lots, not parking lots. Still, unless there was something more definitive for her to sink her suspicious teeth into, she knew she would have to take him at his word. She hadn't, up till now, caught him in any lies. Still, the thought now subdued her jovial mood. She was planning to hump his brains out tonight for the very first time. She now wondered, therefore, if her trust in him was perhaps somewhat misplaced. Was he hiding something from her? But if he was, she certainly couldn't think of what it might possibly be. And he was keeping his cards close to his vest.

"You're not seeing someone else, are you?" she asked, almost in a deathly whisper, her heart and mind ready to come apart at the seams. She had put all her trust and belief in him. He was the man of her dreams, the man she hoped to marry one day, and the man she was about to hop into bed with for the very first time.

They reached his car and he opened the door for her. She noticed him take another quick glance over his shoulder. Just who or what the fuck was he looking for?

He instinctively surveyed the other cars quickly. The only new car in the parking lot not already there when he had arrived was a white Honda Civic, but no blue Toyota. His ploy at losing Susan on the road had worked.

"You still seem preoccupied with the other cars in the parking lot," she accused politely.

"You're reading too much into things," he explained. "I like to look around, force of habit."

She again studied his eyes carefully, and picked up on a twinge of deception. Yes, he did indeed look around a lot. The question was why? Force of habit? That made no sense. Something would have to cause it to be a force of habit. There had to be a reason. People tended not to look over their shoulder a lot unless they were on the defensive. But why would he possibly be on the defensive?

She sat down and waited as he shut her door then slipped around to the driver's side, sitting next to her then slamming his door shut.

She looked deep into his gorgeous blue eyes then squeezed his cheeks between her thumb and index finger. If something was going on with him then she needed to know about it before she got herself in any deeper.

"Ouch, that actually hurts."

"Not half as much as it's going to hurt me if I discover you've been fucking around on me," she whispered ominously. "My heart has a lot invested in you. You're not seeing anyone else besides me, are you?"

"No, of course not."

"Good, because I would literally come apart at the seams if you were lying to me. I'm a very jealous girl."

She let go of his face and surveyed her own fragile mind and the sensitive thoughts that went along with it. She had already made up her mind that tonight would be the night that she would spread her legs for him. She had made herself far too horny throughout the day thinking about it. There was no going back now. Her nipples were lit up like stubs of damn desperate iron, and her pussy was squirming with rabid turn on. She just had to make love to him. She just HAD to!

She kept a close eye on him as he pulled out of the parking lot and drove out onto the connecting side road.