The Line of Succession Vol. 03 - The Final War

Story Info
Ending the Lomaxxes.
12.9k words
4.62
4k
4
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Line of Succession- Volume 3 The Final War

We just returned from a funeral in Baltimore, Maryland. rs. Bears older sister passed and we were there for quite a while. No excuses, just a reason. I hope I have not alienated too many fans. Thank you for hanging with me. The Bear appreciates good friends, almost as much as BTB, BTB, and happy endings.

For my two remaining fans in Loving Wives, "The Librarian, Part 2 (conclusion)" is coming too.

Again, thank you.

I hope this is up to expectations. Thanks for all the positive comments. It's so much easier than writing in "Loving Wives". You can't get an easy break there. Enjoy!

********************************************************************************

The year 4571- The Sorrel galaxy

HIMS Response was cruising on patrol, checking out a report of raiding from the local settlement on Hoslen. It was a very cryptic alert and it ended abruptly. On achieving planet fall, they found three major centers of human habitation destroyed and numerous corpses scattered around- in various states of decay and mutilation. Not all from predators.

There had been an attack. But the number of bodies did not match the census reports to the Department of Colonization. Response activated her sensor scans and immediately detected the presence of several large warships. They were loading the homing pod when the attack came in. They attempted to contact Base with the new FTL communications link, but the bad guys had been waiting for them to appear. Response had her shields down. She was only a Patrol Corvette, and the skipper was new. Too bad.

But the COB (Chief of the Boat, an old 20th century submarine term) was a seasoned vet, looking to retire with his Bassin wife. Master-Chief Thomas Shen thought of Loasi Taolids, his wife of thirty years, and their fifteen children. It was his final thought as he whispered, "I wait for you, my love."

The pod was almost finished loading when the first salvos hit. He manged to include one brief message before the pod launched to home at 3/4 light speed. One word. It was all he had time for. He hoped it would be enough.

"LOMAXXES".

It was.

**********************************************************************************

Present day, year 4572- Trionian Empire Battle Station "Camelot", Saturn orbit

Lt. Commander Schultz was on duty on the 'graveyard' shift. Not that there was a time delineation in outer space, but it was the last and sparsest staffed shift.

So when the call came in with the alert klaxon blaring and the Camelot's shields going up automatically, everyone on call was 'assholes and elbows' as they say, and the incoming object was intercepted half a million miles out. It was recovered, (not destroyed because of the IFF codes coming off of it) and conveyed to the Station.

Intelligence knew it was one of ours, but it was very beat up. They took it to the lab and started to analyze everything. While they were down loading the hard drives, they found the note. On ships stationary. One word. And that word woke up the entire government.

Earth was contacted and the fleet was put on alert. Three Morrison class Super Dreadnoughts, along with supporting squadrons making up an entire Task force, assembled for launch. HIMS Repulse, Tlandin, and Coventry were ready in fifteen minutes and soon warped out to Hoslen and possible combat.

The Palace

***********************************************************************************

But life went on at the palace. The funerals for the late Emperor and the Crown Prince were scheduled to start the following Monday, after the Restitution incident on the Larocyn. The altercation had left Conrad Doughy crippled and unable to function in a sexual way.

He had paid for his crimes as far as Caleb was concerned, but the Intergalactic Bar Association was not so kind. He was dis-barred and sentenced to 15 years hard labor on Mars, in the penal colony. Although what 'hard labor' he could perform confined to a mag wheel chair was sort of academic.

The Empress signed the order 'laying the keel', so to speak, on the latest Morrison Class Super dreadnought, the Emperor Rodrick, and the keel for the latest Irish Class cruiser, the Prince Edward, to commemorate her late husband and son.

The funeral ceremony was held in the Ecumenical Basilica of the Trionian Empire.

What had been the National Cathedral had been destroyed in the Lomaxxes's attack 1400 years ago.

With the enemy defeated, the nation turned to rebuilding the infrastructure and slowly donations and contributions rolled in. But it wasn't until many years later- 113 to be exact- that the restructured government stepped in and the reconstruction accelerated. With Imperial intervention and support, the nation got behind it.

It became a multi-ethic and diverse religious undertaking, and proposals were made to make it a multi-religious structure. This was achieved, and the new edifice was expanded immensely.

The ceremony was basically a Catholic oriented affair, with Pontiff Pope Andrew the Sixth, four local Cardinals and thirteen Arch-bishops from the surrounding Arch-Dioceses attending. But there were several Jewish, Muslim, Episcopalian, non-denominational Protestant sects, and various Buddhist, Hindu, and even the head of the Bassin Lexxis, as their religion was referred to.

The ceremony lasted four hours. The funeral cortege from the Palace to the church took three hours. The procession to the graveyard wound through the surrounding countryside for four hours, and culminated in the internment in the family plot. It was quite spectacular. The Empress and the Crown Princess were composed until the internment in the vault. Then Taralynn lost it and became the grieving widow she had been hiding. Her daughter was there for her, almost like she had been waiting for this.

Katirine had been leaking tears since the eulogies for her father and older brother, and had been supported circumspectly by her head of security. The Empress, as was mentioned, was stoic and held her daughters hand and passed her tissues during the service.

But when they got to the cemetery, she started to lose it. She stoically processed to the mausoleum, and stood during the interment service. Then she broke down and almost collapsed. It was her daughter's turn to support her mother.

The service proceeded in privacy, and the Royal Family grieved. Caleb was noticeable in his full dress uniform. He never left the Princess's side.

On returning to the Palace, Cal was summoned to the Imperial Family Throne room. This was a usual occurrence when the Empress wanted 'Quality family time' with people she considered family.

Caleb entered without hesitation and the Empress and Crown princess were already there, along with the Lord High Chancellor. He approached the throne, stopped and bowed.

"You sent for me, Your Majesty?"

"Yes, Major, some very interesting reports have come to our attention, from two reliable sources, about some rather unsettling actions in your past, during your early life. I feel you should explain yourself, before you commit to union with my daughter for the remainder of your lives. Are we understood, Major??".

To say that he was caught flat footed was the understatement of the millennia.

What the FUCK was she talking about? He didn't panic, but he was confused, to say the least.

He finally regained his composure, and looked around the chamber. To a person, everyone stared at him like he was Cl-amen bear shit. Even Katirine was not too happy with him right now and would not hold his gaze. Now he was getting steamed and fought to control his temper.

"YOUR IMPERIAL MAJESTY, I DEMAND THE RIGHT TO CONFRONT MY ACCUSERS!!"

Well, she was the Empress and he didn't want to sign his death warrant too soon.

The Empress fixed him with that look she had.

(Did I detect a slight trace of amusement?? he thought.)

"I assumed you would. Chamberlain, please escort the 'guests' in. Thank you."

He glanced at Katirine as he moved to the side, closer to 1st Lt. Esmeralda Sanchez, hoping for some backup. She was staring straight ahead. What could have happened, so quickly, that he suddenly became persona-non-grata. He was a little afraid, but determined to see this through.

The door at the side of the chamber opened, the Chamberlain re-entered, escorting- MY MOTHER??.

The Empress, Katirine, and everyone else who had been in on the surprise degenerated into smiles, laughter, and applause. Lilly Lomer came forward with a huge grin on her face, curtsied to the Empress, and turned and raced to him, crushing him in a motherly hug and smothering him in kisses. He returned the affection before he realized that the Empress was at their side, grinning like a school girl.

His future betrothed joining them and she stole his mother away and hugged and kissed her. Then the Empress turned serious.

"Actually, your mother is a thoroughly wonderful person. She is not the source of the troubling accounts of your actions." Katirine was giggling and my mother was smiling. Then he heard from behind him, "Hello, little brother."

I turned and was greeted by my older sister, Anne-Marie, who strode towards us, stopped and curtsied to the Empress and the Crown Princess, and turned towards me with a shit eating grin on her face. The Empress nodded to my two relatives, and Katirine embraced her and grinned at me. At least I felt better now.

Katirine started, "We have been regaled with all kinds of stories about 'Calee's' exploits in his miss-spent youth. My, but you were a hand full. I'm a little concerned what our children's behavior will be like." She wiggled her eyebrows and smirked as I blushed down into my dress tunic. The Empress and my mother both laughed and most others chuckled, while my sister grinned at my dis-comfort.

1st Lt. Sanchez was trying very hard not to break down in tears of laughter, but could not hide her chuckling grin.

But I was beyond happy to have two of the most most important women in my life here with us. I learned that the Crown had dispatched HIMS Shepherdess to bring my mother and sister to Earth for our coming nuptials. My brother-in-law, Sebastian, captain of an interplanetary freighter, was not immediately available but would join us soon. He was a retired Naval officer, wounded in the Uprising back in 4570 when the Um-sacs attempted to invade the Rosten Galaxy. I held him in high regard, considering he was Navy not Imperial Marines.

Heck, I loved him like a brother.

My mother and sister had been here approximately four Earth days, and the Empress and Katirine had been getting to know them and they had been commiserating with them between the arrangements for the wake and funeral. They liked the Empress a lot, and totally adored the Princess. In turn, they shared all my childhood, and early adulthood fiascoes with them. Hence, the Empress's concern with my 'nefarious' exploits.

But, as she confessed to my mom and sister, it was nice to know I was normal.

"When my son, the Crown Prince, was younger, his father used to ask him how old he was, and did he want to make it to his next birthday? If so, he should change his ways IMMEDIATELY! He usually didn't, but he was just being a normal boy" said the Empress chuckling. She teared up a little when she told stories like this, and mom and sis consoled her.

Notable persons had arrived and paid their respects to the Empress and the Crown Princess during countless audiences and receptions.

The funeral was held at 11:00 A.M. Eastern Empire time and was televised solar-system wide by FTL transmission. It was then sent by FTL broadcast to all other reaches of the known universe.

Unfortunately, it was also picked up by the marauding Lomaxxes several hundred light years out.

Thinking they had the Empire at a disadvantage, they planned to attack the Empire at their heart, at a vulnerable time, and avenge their humiliating defeat of some fourteen hundred Earth years in the past.

This was when the Lomaxxes happened to be raiding in the Sorrel Galaxy and intercepted the network FTL broadcast to the outlining settlements. They were excited to find an Earth based colony this far out, with the additional news and intelligence a plus. After exterminating the Hoslen settlement, they returned to the home base and marshaled their fleet.

Unfortunately for them, the Empire had come a long way since their initial engagement. Better weapons, more of them, firmer alliances, and more and better ships. They would NOT be caught napping.

The Trionian Empire Military Command went on full alert. All leaves were canceled and the Fleet started to mobilize. Command Central was in contact with Task Force Hoslen, as it was designated, as it sped to find and confront the enemy.

A strategy was drawn up, and the Task Force split into three groups. HIMS Repulse sped at hyper speed level 10 towards Hoslen; HIMS Tlandin, named after the ancient Bassin home planet which housed the capital, broke towards the left flank and had a slightly lower attack plane, while HIMS Coventry veered to the right side and edged to a higher plane. They continued in 'stealth' mode and warped to intercept the enemy.

Meanwhile, the fleet mobilized to war footing, something they hadn't been to in several ages. It had been a long period of peace and prosperity, marred only by the recent attempt at overthrowing the government and the monarchy. Leaves were canceled, reserves activated and called up, units mobilized and deployed. Four Morrison class Super-Dreadnoughts were dispatched out system to hover, and cover the solar system from outside. Their sensors were in passive mode and they were maintaining communications silence.

Like they weren't there. The plan was taking shape.

The Confrontation

Imperil Fleet Headquarters was on round the clock alert. Def Gal 5 (Defense of the Galaxy) had been instituted and the media was in a frenzy. An information blackout was in effect and they were almost tearing themselves apart trying to figure out what was going on.

I cornered the Princess in her chambers and told her to keep the birth control suppository in place till this cleared up, and then we would get married. She wasn't too keen on this.

"Why do we have to wait? I want you as my Consort NOW! You don't have to do any of this. You can stay with us and be safe." Her tough, Royal veneer cracked and she started to tear up.

I took her in my arms, kissed her, and spoke to her.

"Kiddo, I'm a Marine, first and foremost. I couldn't look myself in the mirror if I turned and hid from this. I love you, and I want to be with you. Forever. And only you. But think of the propaganda shitstorm if they captured the Crown Princess's Consort and held him captive?? I'm going into harm's way and I only want to think of my job and you waiting for me."

She looked at me with love and lust. She thought maybe she could order me to stay. Or get her mother to do it. Make it an Imperial decree. Than he would have to obey.

But she knew he wouldn't, couldn't do it. He was not that kind of man. He would resent her for the rest of their lives. She looked at him deeply and sniffed, "IF YOU GET YOURSELF KILLED, I'LL NEVER TALK TO YOU AGAIN!! EVER!!! DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME??"

She was crying gently as she hugged me and kissed me, tenderly. "Come home and put a baby in me. I'm going to have the implant removed as soon as I see the doctor, so we won't waste any time." She smiled through her tears.

Thank the Lord I wasn't going to go up against her. It was only the blood thirsty Lomaxxes. I smiled, kissed her again, and turned to meet my immediate fate.

BATTLE

I reported for duty at Command Headquarters. I was reassigned to the 947th Imperial Strike Force. I was second in command, behind Colonel Josiah R.Thompkins. He was know as 'No retreat, no surrender' Thompkins. The guys under his command referred to him, affectionately, as 'FUCKER' after his resounding victories at Losander in the Gatun system, and the rout at the battle of Noisling Slip at Touy. He had turned two retreats into stunning victories and had been wounded three times. I managed to get Cwasir to go with me and the two of us deployed, although he was grumbling about leaving Yoin Vanissy panting in the bed in the Waldorf Astoria America Hotel.

She said she wasn't done with his body yet, but would loan him to me to insure that I was returned to the Princess in one piece. Then she would lay claim to him for a month, whether she was in estrous cycle or not. I was charged with his safety. Uh, oh! I prayed for my friend and his safety at the hands of his inamorata. I didn't want to face her, either.

The 947th was part of the battle group deployed to the far side of Uranus. We were the back door of the defense ring, tasked to engage the command ships of the Lomaxxes fleet. HQ had an idea. If there was any communications between the invaders and a home world, or a base, they wanted to know, and find out where it was.

HIMS Canberra was the latest and most advanced Super Dreadnought to be commissioned. She was slightly different from others of her class. Size wise and speed wise she was identical. But instead of 15 battle cruisers, she had 10. Each had 2000 Combat Marines, and attached med techs and engineers.

The additional on board space was occupied with several planet killing weapons, capable of obliterating Earth- sized planets. Four of them, to be exact. Normal load out on a Super-Dreadnought were two of the super weapons.

But more importantly was the communications capabilities and surveillance aspects available to HIMS Canberra. Advanced micro-burst pulse communications and stealthy tracing and tracking electronics enabled her to identify and track targets and pin-point locations with laser ranging techniques, and send the co-ordinates to Moon base Apollo, for rebroadcast to Earth Headquarters.

There was a duplicate satellite orbiting on the far side of the sun to provide backup, or possibly a decoy for the Moon base. There was also a duplicate satellite 'planetoid' constructed to act as a decoy for the duplicate satellite. It was to be a surprise, and would duplicate the communications signature of the actual communications satellite, while simultaneously having the real one shut down and go dormant.

Depending on the attack plan of the Lomaxxes's fleet, the plan was to identify and monitor the command ship, or ships, track any transmissions outward from the invaders, and plot the termination of the signal. Then the Canberra and her two destroyer escorts were to attack and hopefully destroy the enemy command vessels and 'close the back door', so to speak.

The Lomaxxes's

Who are these miscreants? Earth was first exposed to them in the 1950's; but back then they were known as the Grays. They first interacted with Earth in brief recon probes-LITERALLY- and had come here in small intergalactic scout ships. But other races had been in contact with Earth and the Lomaxxes (Grays) tried to remain under the radar. They were a rapacious bunch, also cannibalistic, and were busy subjugating (or trying to) several other planets and solar systems, among them the Bassin. They were severely beat up by the Bassin Military, but they managed to destroy three of the home planets and severely damaged the fourth before being routed and driven out by the Bassin Combat Command. The Bassins found the Lomaxxes home world and did a number on the two habitable planets circling the red dwarf star that was their sun.

Thus began the running battle and pursuit across the galaxy, which led to the final conflict in earth's solar system.

Or so it was thought. Like roaches and rats, we didn't get them all. Now they have regrouped, and were looking for payback, specifically Human and Bassin blood.