The Lone Guardian Ch. 01

Story Info
Destiny 2 universe story. Can Zayne find love after so long?
2.7k words
4.14
1k
2
0
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

So this is my first story ever. My first attempt at writing something like this. So know that this will be multi-chapter. I have some really great ideas going for this. This is based of a video game called Destiny 2. Yes I play the game.

Also a HUGE shoutout to Anneda Sky for being my body model for Silver Thorne; the main female character. Y'all need to follow her as a thank you. She is a dynamo.

Thanks for reading this everyone and Enjoy!

*all characters are over 18 years of age. *

Zayne sat perched up in a tree in the European Dead Zone. Fully armored in his Nightkin armor, he was very hard to spot with his cloak wrapped around him. Tall for a Hunter at almost 6 feet, he was getting a bit cramped in the tree so he shifted positions to get a better grip on his rifle. He had his IKELOS Sniper rifle out and was looking down the scope. He could clearly see a good half click down range, able to see the entire front of the Cabal base.

His sniper rifle was one of his favorites. It was a gift from the Warmind Rasputin. Zayne had helped the old AI way back when the Hive was trying to uncover his home base on Mars. Because Zayne answered his call and was successful in stopping the Hive, along with other Guardians, Zayne had his choice of rewards. The IKELOS SR V1.0.2 was what he picked up.

Zayne had been dispatched by Commander Zavala himself for this new deployment. He had been hunting down a lead on a Fallen commander out in the Forgotten Shore that was trying to fill the power void after the Lone Wolf took out the last Fallen big bad. That so far hadn't been playing out. Even Spider didn't have anything on him.

And Spider could find anything on anyone.

But all of that was moot right now. Zavala gave him the abort code and said he needed Zayne for this one. Zayne being the Senior Hunter Recon Scout, and having been trained personally by Cayde-6 himself, usually was given the missions that could or had the potential to go sideways. Zavala had a sixth sense about these sometimes. So Zayne was here in the EDZ, up in a tree, looking down his scope at the fireteam that was slowly making its way up to the base.

Zayne moved his scope from right to left scouting the top of the ramparts to see if they had any sentries.

There weren't any.

Odd. Zayne thought to himself. Cabal ALWAYS have sentries. What are they playing at?

Moon chirped next to him. Her light sing-song voice barely above a whisper. "I have a change in the wind. One knot from the west." "Copy that." Zayne responded.

Moon was Zayne's Ghost. She was the only real friend that Zayne knew since...... he became one of the Risen. A Guardian. He didn't remember anything before he woke up in the Cosmodrome with Moon hovering above him.

He remembers that day. And everything that happened after that day.

But nothing before it.

Zayne remembered fighting. He remembers fighting Savathun and her endless horde of Hive. He remembers fighting the House of Wolves and the House of Devils. He remembers the Taken King and the hell he brought with him. He remembers Lord Saladin coming out of exile when SIVA reared its ugly head once again after centuries. He remembers helping Rasputin and how the old Warmind self-proclaimed himself to be humanity's ultimate protector and that nothing will stop him from doing so.

He remembers the Red War.

And the deaths of so many Guardians who found themselves without the Light after centuries of being able to die countless times, only to find out you have one life left to give.

That was almost as bad as the days of the Warlords.

Such was the life of a Guardian.

"They're moving up, Zayne. Are you ready?" Moon asked, floating a bit closer to his right shoulder.

"I'm on it." he states.

Adjusting his position, he trained his scope onto the fireteam. This fireteam wasn't a Guardian fireteam. Which didn't strike Zayne as strange. A good number of missions were run without any Guardians being on the fireteam.

It just meant that the Guardians were spread thin.

Real thin.

"They've reached the gate." Moon whirled. "Yeah I see them." Zayne keyed his comm. "Fireteam Highland? Do you copy? This is Hunter Zayne. I've got overwatch on you. Over?"

His radio cut static and Moon adjusted his frequency to receive the fireteams response.

"Copy Hunter Zayne. Darris Farn. Team Leader responding. We are making our approach. Any hostiles? Over?"

"Negative. All is quiet, Leader Farn. Proceed with caution." Zayne responded.

Zayne looked back down his scope and started to have that Hunters intuition of his start to creep up the back of his neck. Cayde always said that he had really good instincts and to always follow them. He didn't like how this was starting to play out. But he kept his focus and zeroed in on what he had to do.

Zayne started to look over the 5 members of Fireteam Highland. He spotted that they were all in older Warlord armor from back during the early days of the Risen. Zayne wondered why they had old armor from a time that the Guardians kept trying to forget.

He started to look over the members briefly.

One in particular jumped out at him that he could tell was a woman. Just by the way she moved. She moved with the grace of a cat. She didn't look very tall, but she was definitely very athletic if she was able to wear all that armor. It looked like she had on some sort of form fitting undergear. It was fitting in the right places and hugging the curve of her buttocks and down her legs, as well as around her neck and compressing her breasts so they didn't move. Because the armor was older and hadn't been fitted for her, it left gaps open in-between the ferro-steel plates. Zayne's blood was starting to boil and he was feeling a little warm all over looking at this fireteam member.

The armor didn't give anything away as to what she looked like so Zayne's imagination ran wild.

Zayne had to put that out of his mind and went back to overwatching the fireteam.

Something still prickled at the back of his neck. Then it hit him. He knew what it was. And it wasn't good.

"Moon high area scan, now!" Zayne barked. Moon shot straight up in the air and stopped high up above the treetops. She expanded her shell and pulsed her Light three times in scan mode. With her scan completed she collapsed her shell and shot straight back down and Zayne could tell by the look in her single digital eye that it wasn't good.

"Zayne... get them out of there! IT'S A TRAP!" Moon exclaimed.

"Dammit! I knew it!" Zayne keyed his mic. "Fireteam Highland retreat. I repeat, retreat immediately! Cabal forces in hiding. Get out of there!" Zayne listened for the response. He didn't get one.

By the Light! They'll all be killed! Zayne thought.

Just as he was about to jump down and summon his Sparrow, the Cabal jumped up out of their hiding spots. They had been hiding under the ground in Cabal sized fox holes.

Zayne focused on the first one that came into his scope and pulled the trigger. The electrical whine from his rifle signaled that he had discharged his first shot. It flew true and went through the head of the first Cabal. He went from Cabal to Cabal putting a round through each one until he had emptied his magazine. He swapped out the empty and replaced it with a fresh one. Then continued to go through each Cabal until they were down. He caught a glimpse at the fireteam and saw that one of them was down and had a lot of blood around the body. Nothing he could do about that one. He focused on the rest of them and put round after round in the bodies of the rapidly closing Cabal Warbeasts, putting them down and looking over at the fireteam.

They were down three. Only two were standing. One was the woman.

And it was at this moment that all hell broke loose.

Zayne's breath caught in his throat as the main gate opened up and more Cabal poured out of the opening. But it wasn't just the sheer volume of force coming out of the gate, but the very ornate, very large, very heavily armed commander that was behind them that really gave Zayne pause.

"Oh sweet Light... they're done for." Zayne jumped down from the tree with Moon disappearing back into her spot in Zayne's backpack. Zayne then summoned his Sparrow and opened the throttle and closed the half-click distance at breakneck speed.

Zayne dodged boulders and trees, flying with one thought on his mind.

Get there! GET THERE!

Zayne came up on the scene of carnage and Cabal driven battle-lust as he gathered his feet under him on his seat and took one big jump, crashing his sparrow and gliding through the air, coming down on the ground and rolling forward.

Ducking a punch from a Cabal foot soldier and coming up with his knife in his hand, Zayne put it through its visor. His armored glove making contact with the knife hilt as Zayne drove it home.. He spun around and brought up his MIDA scout rifle, zeroing in on the Scions that were trying to sneak up behind the two remaining fireteam members.

Zayne whistled.

The Scions turned and Zayne put three rounds through three heads quickly. The cough-bark of his rifle seeing to that permanently.

Then he heard something. A growl sounded behind him. Turning around, Zayne had a pack of Warbeasts in front of him. He pulled his Stasis shuriken out and flung it. It went through the whole pack turning them into ice where it hit, shattering them.

Zayne had a Scion swipe at him with its blade, trying to take his head off. He used his Dodge ability and stood back up rapidly and put two rounds through its head.

Everything was going downhill fast. He had to move to get to the two remaining fireteam members. He looked over to find them but only saw another body on the ground.

Ah damn.

One now.

The only one left was the woman. She was backed up against a crevasse of rock, firing from behind it, and was quickly getting overwhelmed. Zayne moved quickly and started running to her, desperate to save at least one of them. He activated his jump and went high in the air and landed in a crouch a short distance from the woman.

She spun and was surprised to see him standing there.

"Oh thank the Light!! Thanks for joining the party. What are we going to do about these overgrown space rhinos?" the woman said, out of breath. Before Zayne could respond, a Scions sniper shot came from up on the cliffs and hit the woman right in the head.

She went down and Zayne's heart stopped.

No! NO! I can't have failed! Oh by the Traveler I should have been faster!

He rushed to her side and was quickly trying to assess the damage to her. Her helmet had a real bad hole in the upper part of it. He started to try and find her vitals, realizing he might have to start taking her armor off to render aid. Before he could figure out how to do that, she shot straight up, clearly pissed off.

"Why you baby bird motherfucker! I'm going to kill you!" the woman exclaimed.

She scrambled up on her feet and, nearly climbing over Zayne to reach his sniper rifle on his back, pulled it off and chambered a round with a loud "KA-CHLAK", went to a knee and looked down the scope and squeezed off a round. The high electrical whine discharge of the rifle sounded and Zayne looked and saw the body of a Scion fall off the cliff.

Zayne was in disbelief.

Who is this woman!? I don't think even Cayde could have done that. Zayne pondered.

The woman reached up and took her helmet off and turned to Zayne. He froze. She had blonde hair done in tight braids from front to back and had ponytails, also braded the same way going down her head. Her eyes were vibrant green. Like emeralds. Lively and full of mischief. Her face was shaped like that of an angel. It was well rounded and she had an amazing mouth and her nose was pert and cute.

He couldn't breathe. He couldn't move. He felt warm all over. And suddenly very uncomfortable in his armor.

"Thanks for the backup. Now what are we doing about them?" She asked.

Zayne snapped back to realty.

"Ah. Yeah I'll get to them in a second.... but are you ok?" He asked.

The woman gave him a curious look. Then looked at her helmet.

"OH! Yeah... I'm ok. Helmet took the round. But it's done for. Sorry I get a little upset when some creepy alien tries to put a bullet in my skull."

Zaybe was really starting like this woman.

Zayne looked over the cover of the rock. The Cabal knew he was there now and had halted their attack.

Weird. Usually they're all attack. This is new. He thought.

Zayne saw the commander moving up and knew that was trouble.. He also noticed that they were a little more scattered and spread out then they're usually bunched up tactics. He knew he was going to have to change his tactics too. Good thing he had an ace up his sleeve.

He sat back down and looked at the woman.

"OK. I have an idea and your not going to like it but trust me, alright? I'll get us out of here."

"And how are you doing that?" She said cooking her head the the side.

Zayne reached out and grabbed the woman and pulled her to him and slung her on his back.

Damn she feels good even like this!! Stop it Zayne. Get your head right.

Before she could squeak out a protest, he jumped to his maximum height that he could, and summoning the Darkness into his hands in the form of two frozen axes, he cast Silence and Squall and let loose with everything he had. The twin tornados of ice and snow formed and swirled and started to rip and shred through everything that was dumb enough to get in their way. The tornadoes worked their way through the Cabal and took out the majority of them.

While the tornados were working their way through the Cabal, Zayne looked down and saw the commander below him. He knew he couldn't take him on with the woman on his back so he threw his Stasis grenade and let it slow the hulking brute down. He summoned his Sparrow and opened the throttle to put distance between them and the Cabal.

The custom tuned twin ion drive howled as he flew through the forests and broken pieces of road. After a few minutes of running, Zayne stopped, and got off his Sparrow. The woman was a little unsteady and looked like she was about to throw up.

"Oh by the Light. You could have warned me." She said.

"Sorry. Didn't have time. That brute of a beast was coming down on us hard. Any second longer and we would have been in serious trouble."

The woman looked around and was trying to get her bearings.

"Where are we? I don't recognize this area."

"We're near the old reservoir. Are you ok?"

"Yeah yeah. Thanks again. Zayne right?"

"Yeah. I'm Zayne. Nice to meet you.....miss....."

The woman angrily exhaled a breath and gave him a bit of a glaring look.

"It's not Miss anything. My name is Silver. Silver Thorne."

END CH.1