The Lost One Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Uh, right." Pristine's blush deepened.

"That looked fun. Would you like to do that, princess?" Grayson asked.

"No way! I'd get my hair and clothes all messed up." replied Ophealia.

"Speaking of all messed up, Pristine and Lance, I hate to say this, but you both definitely need to clean up." replied Kyra.

"Come with me Pristine. I'll get you cleaned up." said Ophealia before taking Pristine's hand.

Pristine was still too embarrassed to protest.

"I am coming with you." Pixie answered as she followed the two.

Soon, the three came upon a frozen stream.

"I should have known that the stream would be frozen." Ophealia said.

"I've got it." replied Pristine.

She took out the Crystal of Life and held it on the ice, which melted instantly.

"Oh wow! That's interesting." responded Ophealia.

"Now let's get all that dirt out of your hair, Pristine." said Pixie.

They sat down on some rocks with Pristine's back to the water.

"Whoa! This water is warm." exclaimed Ophealia after she tore off some of her cloak and used it as a rag.

The two began to damp Pristine's hair.

"Pristine, did you know how soft your hair is? Softest I've ever touched." commented Ophealia.

"Thank-you Ophealia. No, I didn't know that."

"Her hair is just like a unicorn's mane." thought Pixie.

"There, now to do something with your hair." replied Ophealia.

"Yes, let's do something Lance would like." Pixie added.

"Pixie!"

The two laughed.

"Oh come now Pristine. Surely you've noticed the way he looks at you." replied Ophealia.

"Yes, and it scares me. What I am feeling that is." Pristine felt better about finally saying that.

"I think someone is in love." giggled Pixie.

"But . . ."

"Pristine, I know when someone is in love. My sister, Petunia, acted the same way."

"All right, I'll admit it. I love him."

"Are you going to tell him?" asked Ophealia.

Pristine paused before cocking her head and looking upstream.

"What is it Pristine?"

"Pixie, can you hear that?"

"Yes, I do. Sounds like a cry." replied Pixie.

"Let's go see what it is."

Pristine stood up.

"Lance will get worried." mentioned Ophealia.

"I know, but something is telling me to do this."

The two finally agreed.

The three headed upstream, following the cry as it got louder. Finally they came up over a ledge and looked to see a big white creature which looked to be four feet tall. It looked to be part Yeti and part wolf and it was in a frozen lake struggling to get out.

"Oh my, I do believe that's a baby alobine." said Pixie.

"We got to get it out of there." replied Pristine, worry in her voice.

"Hey look! Someone else is coming. Hide!" ordered Ophealia before they ducked.

That's when a young lady who looked to be seventeen ran to the frozen lake. She was wearing dirty blue and gray clothes. Her hair was bundled up in a hood so one couldn't see it. She rushed toward the alobine.

"MELANIE! I'll get you out! Your mother is going to kill me!" she said before getting on her tummy and crawling over to the baby.

She soon made it, but couldn't pull her out.

"Oh no! I can't hold on!" the teen said.

"That does it! I'm helping." said Pristine.

She got up and rushed down. Quickly taking off her extra clothing and placing her weapons and bag near the pond, she slid toward the two.

"Huh? Who are you?" asked the teen.

"Never mind that." said Pristine before jumping into the water.

Ophealia and Pixie were right on Pristine's heels and watched her stuff. When Pristine got into the water, the two slid up.

"Pristine!" they shouted.

Pristine was struggling to get the baby out; all the while Melanie's claws were scratching her. Not to mention that the water in the lake was below freezing temperature. Finally the alobine was pushed out. The young lady hugged her as Ophealia and Pixie pulled Pristine out. They carefully made it across the lake onto solid ground. Pristine was shaking from head-to-toe. There were bloody scratches all over her, but mostly on her arms and chest. Her cheeks were red and her lips were blue. She passed out.

"Pristine!" shouted Ophealia.

"She'll die if we don't do something quick." Pixie said as they put her clothes back on.

"I know where we can warm her up. Here, let me help." offered the lady as she helped with Pristine.

Up close, Pixie and Ophealia saw wisps of dark brown and gray hair and her eyes were brown. Melanie started to howl for help. Soon a twelve foot tall alobine appeared. Melanie ran up to cuddle up to it real quick. The two communicated for a bit before the adult lowered down.

"Thank-you Misty. Come on!" the teen signaled the others as all of them, including Melanie, climbed on.

As they traveled through the mountains, Pixie and Ophealia learned that the girl's name was Lola and she and her cousin had been living in the mountains for as long as they could remembered, protecting the alobine. They also told her a bit about themselves. After awhile, they made it up to a cave in the high elevations. At the entrance was a man with the appearance of nineteen years with dark brown hair with silver highlights and gray eyes. He did not look too happy either.

"Well, Lola. Where have you been? A blizzard is coming!" he shouted.

"Sorry, Xack! I'll explain later. Right now, this lady needs our help." said Lola.

"Lady?" asked Xack.

Misty helped the others get down.

"Who are they?"

"Oh, Xack, this Princess Ophealia and Pixie. This here is Pristine."

Xack picked up Pristine.

"How did she get all wet?"

"Let's get her inside and warmed up first."

They went inside and Xack placed Pristine on the couch near a fireplace. Pixie, who had Pristine's things, placed the Crystal of Life on Pristine. It slowly started to heal her.

"Is that the Crystal of Life?" asked Xack.

"Yes, it is." replied Pixie.

"Come and sit down and I'll warm up something hot." offered Lola as she started to heat up something to drink.

They complied and sat around the table. The home of Lola and Xack was a modest one, but inviting. There were several cushions and a couch near the fireplace. The kitchen and a table were next to it and there's a hallway leading to several rooms.

"So cousin, what happened?" asked Xack.

"Well, Melanie fell into a frozen lake. As I was trying to get her out, Pristine shows up and gets into the water to push her out. At the same time, these two show up. After we get Melanie and Pristine out, Pristine passes out."

"We really should see about her wounds." Xack suggested.

"Yes we should!" Ophealia began to stand.

"Don't worry your highness, the crystal will heal her." assured Pixie.

"Oh! You're the princess of Grom aren't you?" asked Lola.

"Yes, I am. How'd you figure that out?"

"I have my ways."

Xack shook his head and gave Lola a warning look.

"I've been meaning to ask you. Why are you here?" asked Lola.

"It's a long story. We are right now looking for a mage named Inion, but we are on a quest to find the unicorn princess." explained Pixie.

"Drackor the wizard is helping us. He first appeared to Pristine and a little girl named Kyra. More of us joined up along the way." added Ophealia.

"Who else is in your group?" asked Lola.

"A lot more. There's Sir Reginald of Cranston, Lance, his brother Grayson, and Lance's band of outlaws, Mallian the water folk, and Drock, who was raised by dwarves. We should mention that the Evil One is after Pristine." mentioned Pixie.

"Pristine is pure-hearted then huh? Not surprising since she holds the Crystal of Life." Xack guessed.

"Not to mention that Zeather wants the crystal." added Lola.

Pixie and Ophealia both nodded. That's when Pristine woke up. She moaned as she tried to sit up.

"Pristine, how are you feeling?" asked Pixie as she and the others came over.

"A little light-headed." replied Pristine, sounding a bit hoarse.

"Here, drink this." ordered Lola as she handed Pristine a cup.

Pristine drank it. It was soothing and warm. Pristine felt better already.

"Thank-you."

"No, thank-you. You saved Melanie's life."

"How is the little one? Is she all right?"

"She's just fine."

"That's Pristine for you. Always thinking of others." commented Ophealia.

"You should rest." said Xack.

"Who are you and where are we?" Pristine asked.

"I'm Xack and this is my cousin, Lola. We're safe."

"I wish to see Melanie."

"Pristine, you need rest." Ophealia said.

"Oh, I feel better now."

Pristine stood up and placed the crystal in her bag. When they walked outside, Xack led them to a nearby cave. The wind picked up considerably and the sky was getting darker. Instinctively, Misty and Melanie came out. Instead being shy, the baby came forward as Pristine came up to her.

"Are you okay?"

Melanie started to nuzzle Pristine, and knocked her down before licking her. Pristine laughed.

"This is strange." commented Lola.

"What is?" asked Ophealia.

"Usually, alobine don't cuddle up to people so quickly."

"Unless she's a unicorn." thought Pixie.

As Pristine got up, Misty bowed.

"Boy Pristine, they must really like you." grinned Xack.

"Thanks! Uh-oh! I just got a bad feeling about the others." said Pristine with fear in her eyes.

"I hope Zeather hasn't found them." responded Ophealia.

"I'm sure he has." answered Pixie.

"We must go at once!" ordered Pristine.

"Now wait a minute you three. There's a blizzard coming. It would be too risky to go out this afternoon. It's best that we wait 'til morning." mentioned Xack.

"He has a point Pristine." Ophealia mentioned.

"I don't care! Now I am going to find them, with or without your help." shouted Pristine, anger flaring in her eyes.

Everyone actually backed up at her reaction. The two alobine stepped forward and Melanie nudged her.

"Will you help me?"

The two nodded.

"We'll all help." replied Lola.

"Do you two know how to fight?" asked Ophealia.

"Of course! We may be nomads, but we aren't fools."

The two went back and came back with blades that looked odd for they looked to be made out of silver instead of iron.

"Are those swords?" asked Ophealia.

"Yes they are and are more durable than iron." replied Xack.

"You sure you want to come?" asked Lola.

"Yes, someone's got to keep an eye on you four." grumbled Xack.

Misty lowered and helped Melanie and the others up.

"Let's hurry." Pristine insisted.

When they got back, they did not find anyone. There was also no sign of a struggle.

"We're too late." Pristine said sadly.

It was snowing hard again.

"They must have been ambushed." commented Xack.

"Now what do we do?" asked Ophealia.

"We find them. They must have been taken to Zeather's base." suggested Pristine.

"But where is it?"

"I know where it is. I was hunting and saw it from a distance one day." answered Xack.

"Then let's go." Pristine ordered.

Far off in the distance on a hilltop, watching the others was the unicorn.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Surprisingly, it only took them several hours to get to the Evil One's base. It was located in a valley and anyone barely saw it for it was white, but it also reeked of evil and black magic. When Pristine's group saw it, they hid near the hill the dipped into the valley. They dismounted Misty and looked over the ledge.

"Now how do we get in?" asked Ophealia.

"It's not heavily guarded." mentioned Lola.

"Know why? Cause he's setting a trap." added Pixie.

"I believe you are right Pixie. Listen, you four stay here. I'll distract them." replied Xack.

While Xack, Lola, Ophealia, and Pixie discussed a plan, Pristine was contacted telepathically.

~Pristine, can you hear me?~ said a familiar voice.

Pristine scooted away from the others near the alobine.

~Yes.~

~I must be brief for time is of the essence.~

Pristine realized who it was. It's the unicorn!

~What can I do?~

~Think. You remember seeing that fortress before.~

~Yes, it was where I stayed during the winter. There was a secret passage that I only knew about.~

~Good. The Evil One does not know where it is. You must hurry for soon your company will soon be seen by the guards. I must go at once.~

When Pristine did not hear her anymore, she looked at the others, who were still talking. Pristine looked at the alobine and read their expressions. They looked concern.

"Don't worry. I'll be careful." Pristine whispered and smiled.

She quietly slipped away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

During this time, the others were being held in different cells. In one were Lance, Sir Reginald, and Grayson.

"Grrr! Man I'd like to give that Zeather a piece of my mind!" growled Lance.

"Save your strength, Lance. You'll need it." replied Sir Reginald.

"Well, I am just glad that Pristine and the others weren't caught."

"I hate to say this, but those three are our only hope." added Grayson.

"I wish there was another way out of here. I wonder where the others are."

They were not too far away, only several cells down.

"It's cold in here." shivered Kyra.

Mallian sat next to Kyra on the floor and wrapped her arms around her.

"The Evil One just loves suffering. There aren't any windows and the walls are too thick. I bet this was not even a dungeon before the Invasion but a storage area." Drock commented.

"Let's just hope the others get here in time." prayed Mallian.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pristine did her best to sneak around. Soon she saw the shelter for the horses. She remembered the secret entrance being in there. Only it was on the outside. She circled around the back before spotting the things she was looking for. The shelter was made out of stone, but one of the stones was slightly discolored. Pristine looked around before pressing the stone. A small opening in the ground opened up. It was covered in gravel and snow to give a façade. Pristine quickly and quietly slipped into the hole before closing it with a handle on the top. Pristine knew that once inside the castle she had to move fast because of the Evil One. After traveling through a dark and dank tunnel she came to a door. On the other side was a room. It was covered in cobwebs and dust, proof that no one found it.

"This was my secret room." Pristine thought.

She saw a key on one of the old tables. Not just any key though. It was a rare skeleton key that opened up any lock. Pristine picked it up. It occurred to Pristine the she couldn't use the key to release the others. They'd ask too many questions that she was not ready to answer. Pristine remembered a map of the whole castle and its secret tunnels. It must be in one of the drawers. Carefully opening one, she found the map and took it out before seeing something else. A picture, she realized. It was still in good condition as Pristine took it out. Pristine's eyes opened wide in shock. It was a picture of that angelic figure, a pale blue-haired lady, and Pixie. That's not what surprised her though. On the bottom, there were names. Of course there was Pixie's name. The blue-haired lady's was Allora, which Pristine remembered a flash of memory of playing with her in the ocean. Underneath the angelic figure was her name!

"That's impossible!" Pristine thought.

Taking the picture, she put it in her pouch. Pristine took the maps and skimmed through the pictures. Pristine figured the others were down in what use to be the storage units for food.

"They are probably freezing down there." Pristine thought.

She noticed something and smiled. There was another way to the cells. It was risky though. She figured out two ways to get them. One if she got them before her presence was known and one for if she was discovered. She better find their weapons first. Only she had no idea where they could be. Suddenly she remembered a magic mirror she once had. Opening another drawer, she found it. It was a mirror with a silver handle.

"Show me where my friends' weapons are." she whispered.

The mirror glowed before showing a bedroom with black everywhere. Pristine felt evil radiating from it. She sensed that was the master bedroom and knew it's Zeather's chamber. She was in luck for there was a passageway from this room to that one. Pristine put the map and the mirror away in her pouch before looking around. Pristine soon saw what she was searching for. In one corner was a small cabinet. She carefully moved it out of the way. There was a keyhole in the wall. Taking the skeleton key, she put it through the keyhole and magically opened it revealing a secret door. Pristine grabbed a bag before crawling through it. She slipped into the passageway. Taking the key she placed it through the keyhole from the other side before closing the door and locking it.

Pristine moved through the tunnel with stealth and speed. She came to a dead end; or it looked like one. She saw a panel that is at her chest level. Sensing no one, she pushed it open. She put up a barrier around for the evil radiating through the opening was strong enough to suffocate her. She climbed through the panel and onto the floor in the next room with the bag in hand. This room was defiantly Zeather's chamber. Pristine already felt her strength slowly leaving her. She saw the weapons next to the bed and went over to them. She stopped and thought though.

"It's too easy." she thought.

Looking behind her, she saw a wardrobe. There was a drawer at the bottom. She went over to that instead and placed the key into the keyhole. Unlocking it, she opened the drawer to find the real weapons. As she placed them into the bag, she sensed someone coming. Thinking quickly, she created her own weapon decoys with the Crystal of Life and locked it back up. Quietly, she slipped back into the passageway and pulled the panel back just in time. She ran quietly back to her secret room. Unfortunately she did not have enough time to cover her scent. Zeather came in seconds after Pristine left and picked up her scent.

"She's taken the bait. How did she escape though? Guards! Sound the alarm!" he ordered to the ones who came with him.

"Yes, my lord." said one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Outside, Lola noticed all the guards running about, going in and out of the fortress.

"I wonder what their problem is."

"Hey you guys, Pristine's not here." replied Ophealia.

"She must have gone inside. That's why those guards are running amok! We better move now." suggested Xack.

"Right! Let's move."

"Melanie, Misty. You two stay here until we need you." Lola told them.

The alobine nodded. The four started to head down into the valley.

Meanwhile, Lance and the others heard activity from outside their cell.

"Boy, something must have happened." Grayson commented.

"The others are here then." added Sir Reginald.

"I hope the Evil One doesn't get them."

Lance did not like hearing this. But for once, he decided not to worry, but have faith instead.

"Let's just believe that the others will be okay than." Lance said.

During this time, Pristine made her way outside again. She was forced to go with her second plan. She sensed Lance and the others. Soon, Pixie and the others found her.

"Pristine! What were you thinking?" demanded Ophealia.

"Shh!" silenced Pixie.

"I got the others' weapons and now I am locating them." Pristine whispered.

"Pristine, you know Zeather knows you're here."

"I know that's why I am hurrying."

Pristine suddenly stopped. She placed her ear up to the wall.

"Pristine? What are you doing?" asked Lola.

"Mallian! Are you there?" Pristine shouted into the wall.

Mallian heard her.

"Pristine? Is that you?"