The Lost One Ch. 11

Story Info
Zeather sets a trap for Pristine.
7.1k words
4.68
5k
0

Part 10 of the 12 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 02/25/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Zodia195
Zodia195
96 Followers

A/N: Egad! Sorry everyone for keeping you waiting! I've had been busy going to Turkey and other things. Here's Ch. 11. Thanks Blackstallion21 for all the editing (and being patient).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

XI.
The Trap is
Set

Pristine was dreaming again. This time she was in a forest filled with white trees. There near a pond was her past self and she looked to be the age Pristine was now. Her old self had her bare feet in the pond. Suddenly voices could be heard.

"Princess Pristine!" shouted a familiar male voice.

"Over here!" the princess shouted back.

Soon two figures appeared and it was Slycer and Xack as well as the rest of her court.

"There you are princess. What are you doing out here?" asked Xack with a frown on his face.

Princess Pristine giggled, "The spirits called me here."

"You're parents are looking for you. Come, let's go." Slycer gestured.

The princess nodded and stood up before slipping into her boots. The scene soon changed and Pristine started tossing and turning in her sleep. She dreamt of all of her encounters with Zeather. Next she dreamt of Slycer again. Lastly, she dreamt of the future and it was what will happen if she failed. There was a lot of suffering and pain, and she saw her friends die and the remaining sanctuaries were destroyed. Before she woke up though she heard a voice in her dreams.

"Go back home near the cave. It's time."

She woke up gasping as she sat up. She felt arms wrap around her. As she leaned into the person, she inhaled his scent and immediately she knew it was Lance. Lance had watched Pristine all this time.

"How long have I been asleep?"

"About a couple hours. How are you feeling?"

Lance rested his chin on her head.

"A little tired. Lance? Did it really happen?"

Lance knew what she was talking about and it broke his heart.

"It really happened my love. Slycer's gone."

Pristine began to weep again.

"Shh . . . I'm here."

Lance comforted her as he kissed her tears away and held her gently. Pristine soon regained herself and Lance offered her a handkerchief. Pristine took it and wiped her eyes and blew her nose.

"Lance? Where are we?"

"We're in the Jarain house. Everyone has been waiting for you to wake up. You'll be happy to know that the two families have made peace. In fact, the Scallen clan is here right now."

"That's good. Are you okay, Lance?"

"I am fine. Pristine, do you know how scared I was when I heard that you had gone off when I told you to stay put. Also, I must have lost a good twenty years of my life when I found out Zeather had you. You will never do that to me again."

Pristine started to giggle. Lance sighed before he kissed her. Pristine sighed as she wrapped her arms around him. The kiss was deep, but tender. Pristine poured all she was into it for she knew that this would be last time they would be alone together for awhile, if ever. Lance felt that he would do anything for her; he would certainly die for her.

Finally, he pulled back and whispered, "I love you Pristine."

"I love you too."

They kissed once more before getting off the bed. Lance helped Pristine as she steadied herself.

"You ready?" Lance asked.

"Yes, I am."

The couple walked out of the room and headed downstairs.

Everyone was in the huge dining room when the doors opened and Pristine and Lance entered. All at once, everyone stopped what they're doing and stood up.

"Pristine!" shouted Kyra as she ran towards her and embraced her.

Their other friends joined them as well.

"You gave us quite a scare there, Miss Pristine." sighed Sir Reginald.

"I knew Pristine would pull through." Ophealia said.

"How are you feeling Pristine?" asked Lola.

"Much better now, but I am kind of hungry."

"Then sit down Pristine." insisted Grayson.

Everyone else sat down after Pristine sat down.

"Let's have a toast. This toast is for Pristine and her friends who have brought us together. I'd also like to welcome the freed prisoners into my home. I hope soon you can return to your own homes." said Lord Nelson after standing up.

There was a great applause before the food was brought out.

"Pristine, here's the crystal. I've kept it safe for you." said Lola as she handed the Crystal of Life to Xack who passed it to Lance who handed it to Pristine.

"Thank-you." smiled Pristine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the meal was over, Pristine and her group got ready to leave. It took them an hour or so to get ready and restock. By this time, Pristine was at full strength once more. After they were ready, they mounted their horses.

"We wish you the best of luck." said Baron Boris.

"The same to you." replied Lance.

"Thank-you Pristine, for everything." thanked Palla.

"You're welcome Palla." replied Pristine.

"Farewell!" said Lance.

The crowd waved bye as Pristine's group rode off.

As the late afternoon sun shined down upon them, Pristine and the others traveled a bit before stopping.

"Where do we go now?" asked Kyra.

"Let's use the crystal." Pristine suggested before taking it out.

It glowed as an image appeared in it.

"I know that forest. It is near the unicorn's place." replied Lola.

Pristine recognized too. That was the place where the first part of her dream took place.

"I guess this means we're going to have back track. Which way do we go?" asked Grayson.

Suddenly the crystal shined a beam of light to the north.

"Well, that was easy." laughed Lance as they started heading north.

For the next two weeks they traveled in that direction. Finally, they reached the ocean again. This time they were on a cliff looking over it.

"Now what? How are we suppose to cross this?" asked Ophealia.

"I know someone who can help." said Mallian before taking out something amongst her supplies.

It looked like a horn shell.

"I've been saving it just in case we had to travel over water." Mallian replied before blowing it.

It didn't take long before something responded to it.

"What was that?" asked Kyra.

"It's an arch whale." replied Mallian.

"What's an arch whale?"

"You'll see."

Soon a huge whale flew out of the ocean. It was dark blue with transparent wings that were shaped like the waves. And it's over a hundred feet long. The second Pristine sensed it; she telepathically talked to the horses so they didn't panic. They were a bit skittish when they saw the whale though.

"Wow! So that's an arch whale. I've heard of them, but never seen one." exclaimed Ophealia.

"Are we going to ride her?" asked Kyra.

"It's a male, and yes we are. We are going to ride on his back." explained Mallian.

"Uh, won't we be blown off though?" asked Grayson.

"Nope. Arch whales use to provide transportation before the Invasion so they produce their own magic so nobody will fall or be blown off."

"Okay, we'll take your word for it. Can we get moving?" asked Lance.

"Yes. Friend! Can you lower down now?"

The whale nodded before lowering down. Everyone carefully moved their horses onto its back. When all were on it, the whale created a bubble-like sphere around it.

"Oh cool! Let's go!" shouted Kyra.

The horses laid down and everyone dismounted as the whale flew off. It traveled so fast that their surroundings seemed like a blur. It only took them a day to finally reach land. It was a beach, but it looked depressing. The others quickly packed up their things and mounted their horses before the whale magically transported them to the shoreline.

"Thanks friend!" waved Mallian.

Everyone else waved too before the whale left.

"I remember this coastline. We head northwest." replied Lola.

They did for several more hours until sundown. They ate supper and traveled for a little while later until they came top of a crest. Down below, they saw a forest.

"There it is!" pointed Kyra.

"Well, we'll start exploring tomorrow. Let's rest for the night." suggested Lance as he dismounted.

The others dismounted as well. Pristine found herself next to Lance that night and could not sleep. Tomorrow was the day. While she was ready, she was very nervous. Tomorrow also marked the anniversary of the Invasion. Whatever happened though, Pristine did know that she was not alone. Finally feeling sleepy, she closed her eyes and snuggled up to Lance before drifting off.

As she dreamt, she was in a foggy area, but she was not alone as she saw a figure beside her. It was the unicorn.

"Tomorrow is the day." she said.

"It is. This may sound silly, but I know you're scared and I am glad you are because that way, you'll be more prepared."

"Indeed. Mother is also worried as well as the other gods."

Pristine knew who she was referring to.

"I miss her. Those were good times too." Pristine mentioned.

"I know what you're thinking. Will we ever stop playing this game?"

"Will we ever just be able to live normal lives?"

"We will. But first we must do our duty to this world."

"Then let's finish this war and we'll see what happens."

The unicorn nodded and everything vanished.

Pristine was the first to wake up the next morning. It was dawn. She carefully got out of Lance's arms. She felt the spirits of nature calling her again. She looked about and saw everyone was still asleep.

"Be safe for I shall see you-all soon." Pristine thought before running off towards the woods.

She also grabbed something to eat on the way. Minutes later, Lance woke up and found Pristine gone.

"Guys! Wake up! Pristine's gone again!" he shouted.

While a few woke up instantly, while others moaned and groaned.

"Where on earth can she be and why would she wander off now?" complained Ophealia.

"Guys before we all panic, I suggest we eat breakfast first so we'll be at full strength." suggested Lola.

"All right." grumbled Lance.

After eating breakfast, they all loaded up.

"Lance, Lola and I have been thinking. We will join you in your search for Pristine, but we have also decided to go and find the other dragons for we can use the help the next time we confront Zeather." Xack replied.

"Very well, but you guys be careful."

"Don't worry. We'll be back before you know it." smiled Lola.

The two of them changed form and took off.

"Okay we'll search the forest first so let's go." ordered Lance.

When they reached the woods, Lance said, "Split up. We'll meet up back here in an hour. She couldn't have gone too far."

As they split up, Mallian, Drock, and Pixie went in one direction.

"Pristine was supposed to do this right?" asked Drock.

"Indeed she was. Drackor told me last night in my dreams. Did you-all have the same one as I?" questioned Mallian.

"Yes, we are to meet Drackor in this forest and we have to be quick about it too for time is of the essence." answered Pixie.

"Well, let us go then." urged Drock.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back in the country of Drexal, where Slycer's body was buried, the unicorn appeared. The scenery saddened her heart as a few silvery tears fell from the unicorn's face. When they landed on the ground, flowers and green grass sprouted.

As she approached Slycer's body, she said, "Slycer, you believed it was your fault that I died. You're mistaken though. What happened twenty-eight years ago happened because it was destiny. You saved my life and soul. For that, I shall restore you."

She bent down and touched her horn to where his head was. The wind picked up as Slycer's body glowed. The leaves and dirt scattered. As Slycer opened his eyes, he saw the princess.

"Princess? How were you able to change? I thought your soul separated." he said as he lifted his head.

"You're right, Slycer. My soul was separated. I am the unicorn, Princess Pristine. The human Pristine and I are not yet one."

"How'd you survive all these years?"

"Drackor's kept me safe."

"Um, one more question, I thought I was dead."

"Technically, you're body was dead, but your soul did not move on to the afterlife. When Pristine cleansed your soul, she also placed a protection spell of her own around it just in case Zeather tried to go after you again. You would go through a physical death though. I merely finished the spell. Now as much as I would love to catch up with you, we must go. The others are in danger."

"Is the other Pristine in danger?"

Slycer instantly got up.

"No. The spirits of this world are protecting her and are leading her to the Cave of Corlana. We must meet her there."

"But the cave is a myth. It doesn't even exist."

"Yes, it does. Only Drackor, Inion, my family and I only know about it. Inside the cave lays the sword that will smite evil and stop Zeather."

"The Sword of Corlana? But that can only be wield by someone of the light. You and Pristine may have descended from the goddess of Light, but your souls would have to be of the light."

"We are. Don't you remember the Prophecy of Light and Dark? In ancient times, long before the world we knew and before the Invasion, there was a great war between good and evil. Corlana had a child and she stopped the evil forces. The child succeeded, but it cost her life. Corlana prophesized the return of her daughter when once again the galaxy was filled with evil. Zeather is the same evil that attacked our galaxy all those centuries ago. The time has come to defeat him once and for all. Come, for time's a wasting."

"Yes, princess."

The princess nodded before opening a portal. Slycer was a little surprised, but followed as the unicorn went through the portal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, Pristine continued to follow the spirits' voices until she came to a glen where the same pond was from her dream. She gasped when she saw the small spirits become human.

"Don't be afraid Pristine. We are your friends." replied a lady with pale green hair.

Pristine recognized her as the Earth spirit.

"You are the spirits."

"We are. We are here to take you to the Cave of Corlana." replied another spirit.

This one was male wearing gray. He was the Wind spirit.

"I remember. My parents often told me about it. I wanted to find it, but they told me it wasn't time yet."

"Now it's time. Brace yourself." replied the Dark spirit, who had violet hair and dark skin.

Suddenly, they all vanished.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

During this time, everyone was looking for Pristine. While they were doing this, a thick fog rolled in. Somehow, those who stuck together got separated.

"Lance! Pristine! Anybody!" shouted Kyra.

She did not know what to do or where to go and was very afraid. Suddenly, someone grabbed her from behind. Before Kyra shouted for help, the person placed its hand over her mouth and ran off with her.

Mallian was also separated from Drock and Pixie.

"This fog is unnatural." she thought.

That's when a large net fell on her and pinned her down because there were iron balls at the ends of it.

"Oh no! I've got to get out of here." Mallian thought.

Soon, goblins appeared and started to grab at Mallian.

"Hey! Let me go! Help!"

That second a bright light appeared, and the goblins and the net vanished. Mallian looked up and saw Drackor.

"Drackor!"

"Shh! We are not safe here."

Drackor helped Mallian up.

"What's happening Drackor?"

"Zeather is going to set a trap for Pristine by capturing all of you. We must find Drock and Pixie."

"What about the others?"

"They'll get captured. I am sorry Mallian. If I save them all, Zeather will suspect something. You see, every living creature that is good is preparing for battle. The only ones who don't know about this is Zeather's forces, your group, and Pristine. Zeather won't know about this because he's too consumed with finding Pristine that his guard has dropped. Let's go."

Mallian nodded. Raising his staff, Drackor made the two of them vanished.

After awhile, Ophealia was searching for the others. Her bow was drawn as she moved through the forest. She tried to stay strong, but something about the fog made her feel uneasy.

"Hello! Grayson! Sir Reginald! Pristine!" she shouted.

She heard a sound and raised her bow.

"Put down your arrow! You're surrounded!" replied someone.

Ophealia noticed that there were at least twenty arrows pointing at her. Lowering her bow, she surrendered.

Drock was hiding from a group of goblins and orcs by hiding in a tree. He immediately thought that Zeather was getting serious by trying to capture them all. Drock waited patiently when they finally left. As soon as they left though, Drock heard someone else coming. To his relief, it was Mallian and Drackor.

"You can come down now Drock. I got rid of them." replied Drackor.

Drock quietly climbed down the tree.

"Thank goodness. I was getting worried." sighed Drock.

"We've got nothing to lose. I'll explain everything in due time."

Suddenly they vanished.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While all this was going on, Lola and Xack were flying as fast as they could to the Mountains of Eternity.

"Where exactly are we meeting the others?" asked Lola.

"Drackor said that they be waiting for us in the valley between the mountains and the forest. We then wait for Pristine. I have no idea how she'll get there, but Drackor assured me she'll arrive."

"Well! I can't wait! I know some who are itching for a fight!"

Lola did several loops in her excitement.

"Slow down cous. You sky dragons were always fast."

"Just like an ice dragon, always complaining."

Xack sighed.

"I sure hope Zeather doesn't know what we're up to." said Lola.

"I'll agree with you on that. If he doesn't know, then he's in for a surprise."

"I just hope the others are ready. This is going to be big."

"Indeed it is. We're almost there. Let's wing it!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the same time, Zeather's men could not find Pixie. Catching an elf was very hard to do because it heard anything miles away and it was very fast and clever. Pixie was no exception. She was also able to camouflage herself in trees and bushes because of her outfit. She was hiding in some bushes looking at some of Zeather's soldiers. They heard something and rushed off. Pixie wondered where they ran off to when she heard something from behind her. She quickly turned around to see Drackor, Mallian, and Drock.

"How'd you sneak up on me like that?" Pixie asked with relief in her eyes.

"Because Drackor transported us here." grinned Mallian.

"Now that I've found the three of you, I shall transport each of you to your homes. I want you to lead your groups to designated areas where I've placed transportation portals. They will transport you to where I've gathered the others. Mallian, your designated portal is outside the Council Building. Drock, yours is near the waterfall in the valley outside of the Silver Mountains. Pixie yours is near the Tree of Spirits. The battle will take place before sundown." explained Drackor.

"Drackor, will you at least tell us if Pristine is safe?" asked Pixie.

"Yes, she is. Now let us be off!"

They all vanished again.

Eventually, Lance, Sir Reginald, and Grayson found each other.

"Grayson? Where's the princess? She was with you right?" asked Lance.

"We got separated. I can't find her anywhere."

It was evident that Grayson was both nervous and anxious, and was about to panic.

"I don't know how, but Miss Kyra got separated from me." added Sir Reginald.

"This is bad. We have to find them." said Lance.

"Well, look who it is." said a voice.

The men turned with their swords and saw Zeather!

"Where's Pristine?!" demanded Lance.

"Ah, such a temper." Zeather replied.

"Answer me!"

"If I knew where Pristine was, I'd go after her. But since I don't, I have to get you. Now gentlemen, either you surrender or else . . ."

Zodia195
Zodia195
96 Followers